Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

There is no spoon

Started by paganchick, June 23, 2013, 09:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

Solita was just about done brushing her hair when she heard the voice, she turned, looking over her shoulder in a panic, trying to cover herself from his view. She reached over, grabbing a throw blanket for the edge of the bed so she could cover herself as she stood and backed up until her back was against the wall.
"I-I don't have anything sir," Solita spoke, her voice trembling as she spoke.
She wrapped the blanket tighter around herself, growing more and more fearful with each passing moment, what if the man got mad because she didn't have anything and tried to hurt her.
She took a deep breath, her mind racing, she was stuck between a rock and a hard place. She could scream and end up hurt, or she could stand there and end up getting hurt.

So she did the same thing she had done in the past. She ran as fast as she could, her slender body surprisingly fast. She did lose the towel in the process as she barely slipped past the thief.

CastlesInTheSky

In his moment of distraction, the thief had failed to keep Solita in the room. He chased after her, not as fast as she was. In his panic, he forgot Phoenix was there and stepped on his long tail, which had since appeared. In an instant Phoenix was awake, grunting loudly at this sudden awakening. He looked over to see a person he didn't know in his house, Solita from this angle out of his sight. He got up, doing the first thing that came to mind; appear as intimidating as possible.

"LEAVE!" Phoenix yelled, spreading his wings and looming over the shorter man. The thief yelped and dashed for the door, no longer caring about stealth. Phoenix watched him exit, the moment he left his face turning into simple confusion. He realized someone was in the room. Someone...Solita? Solita...naked?! His face turned a shade of pink itself, surprise and confusion consuming his expression as he turned away after the initial shock.

"I don't know what's going on, but what are you doing down here...like that?"

paganchick

Solita dove into the corner, curling up, the curtains hiding the majority of her nude form. Panic was on her face, tears swimming in her eyes.
"He... He had a Kn-nife," Solita stuttered her body still trembling.
"I, I was about to get d-dressed and he came in, I-I was cornered... I had t-to do something," Solita spoke, the lingering panic in her form filling her tone as tears fell down her now clean face.

She never raised her eyes to look up at Phoenix, as she pulled the curtain closer to hid everything but her face. She looked down, her still damp hair falling to hide her face.
"I'm sorry," She spoke, she felt she had done something wrong even though she was just trying to keep herself safe.

CastlesInTheSky

A knife? So she'd run downstairs to escape. He heard the tears in her voice and his face went from confused to somewhat panicked. What to do? He didn't know what to do. He'd never really had to comfort someone in this state before. He couldn't go over to her because she was naked and that would obviously just upset her more. Immediately after she blamed herself he started talking.

"No, nonononono. It wasn't your fault at all, you did the right thing. I'm not angry at you. One moment." He mumbled something and dashed upstairs, grabbing the dress and tossing it toward her once he got to the bottom. He paid special mind not to look at her.

"Here, take your clothes." He quickly went into the kitchen, shutting the door behind him to give her privacy. After a decent amount of time for her to dress he came back, holding a couple small candies in his hand. He walked to her, holding them at arms length to her and looking apologetic. He felt as if it were his fault. Someone had broken into his house and he was too stupid to notice. It was hardly a proper repayment for what she'd just been through, but he was trying and that much was evident.

paganchick

Solita put on the dress as fast as she could when it was thrown to her. She was glad that Phoenix didn't stare at her the way the man who broke in did. The way that the man that broke in looked at her made her skin crawl.

She stood slowly as she watched Phoenix enter. Her eyes going back to the ground, she still felt embarrassed. She pushed the offered candy away, she didn't want it. It wouldn't help her feel any better.
"No, thank you," She spoke finally, eyes still on the ground as she took a step back.

CastlesInTheSky

Phoenix looked at the floor himself, taking them back and putting them in his pocket. He mumbled an apology and retreated to the kitchen, just wanting to give her space and unsure of what to do with himself. As he closed the door behind him, he sat on a stool there. He felt stupid. There wasn't anything he could do to make her feel better. He supposed in the morning he'd pretend that it never happened. It was getting a bit late, after all. Eventually he emerged from the kitchen after hearing her go upstairs and went to his own room up there, crashing and likely not to wake up until afternoon.

paganchick

Solita walked into the room, quickly starting to clean the room. It didn't take her long to clean the room, she only had to pick up what was disturbed when the man had broken in. She did feel good in the room anymore, she only remembered the man and the fear he caused. So she grabbed a pillow and a blanket and walked down the stairs, curling up into a tight ball on a chair. She wrapped the blanket tightly around her form and used the pillow to get comfortable. For the first time she was going to sleep rather comfortably. It took her a while, but when she finally fell asleep, she fell into a deep sleep.