Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Encounter of Fate [Glimmeringpearl]

Started by Zane, August 09, 2012, 01:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Sinead embraced Glimmer warmly, his heart content. He ignored the fact that she said 'egg'. She will learn. Sinead stayed there, hugging her, for several minutes. Then he spoke up, "I'm going to go get you some clothes, I will be back in about five minutes." He leaned in and kissed Glimmer, then went sprinting off to the fishing village.

Less then four minutes later, Sinead returned carrying a cotton shirt and pants, of similar design to his own. Offering the clothes to Glimmer. "These looked about your size, I hope they fit well."

Glimmeringpearl

Glimmer was immediately confused beyond her wildest dreams. She examined the cotton shirt and examined his, trying to replicate it. She laid it over her upper half like one would a paper-doll and looked from herself to him. "It's not working, are they broken?" Her eyes were genuinely concerned that she had busted the clothes for good and was really bad at being a human.

Zane

Sinead laughed heartily, "no, my dear, they aren't broken." He took the shirt and opened it at the bottom then pulled it over Glimmer's head, guiding her arms through the sleeves. When the shirt was on he went behind her and pulled her hair out from under the shirt. He wrapped the string of pearls around her hair, going up and down the length of hair. Then he picked up a piece of undergarment and told her how to put them on followed by the pants.

When Glimmer was fully clothed, Sinead looked at her and smiled, "the clothes look good on you."

Glimmeringpearl

The clothes were large on her but one could still see the curves of her anatomy. She smiled at him but it was clear she was uncomfortable. The clothes restrained her and she couldn't feel the air very well anymore. "Do I need to wear these all the time?" She asked, wondering if there was a time where she could do without. She walked a few steps closer to him, touching the clothes and straightening them out.

Zane

"No not all the time, just when we are in public. I realize that they are uncomfortable, but that is something I can remedy. When we get to a large city, say Arca the capitol of the land were are at now, we can get special clothes made that are made from a light material called silk. The clothes you are wearing now are made from cotton, which is a heavier material." Sinead knew that Glimmer was uncomfortable with the clothes on, but it was part of being human.

Glimmeringpearl

She nodded her head a little, deciding that he knew better than she was and if they were at their new home, she didn't have to wear them. She wondered what it looked like if it wasn't submerged in water. Glimmer beamed at him, truly content with where she was now, with him. She never imagined that she would have a man to keep like in the legends of Illume and Noct. She always believed that she would be claimed by a male during mating season if she ever went back and have a beautiful egg. She completely forgot that a yoreiqi girl had once told her that humans do not lay eggs and that by giving up being a mermaid, she may never bear an egg.

For now she remain oblivious to the grief that would soon come. "I can't wait to see it." Whispered the former mermaid, flipping her vermilion waves to cascade down one shoulder, riddled with pearls.

Zane

Sinead dawned his swords and gauntlets, then bowed and offered Glimmer his hand, "M'lady, shall I introduce you to the world above the water? I trust you will find it to be a truly marvelous place with many enchanting people."

Glimmeringpearl

She reached out her hand and set it inside his large palm, a goldfish in the ocean by comparison, "I trust you." Her voice was loving and lowered, speaking in the ways that lover's talk in the deep of the night as the sun rose. She looked back at the ocean a final time, going from black, to purple to orange with the sunrise. Glimmer offered a silent goodbye to the sea, which seemed to stretch out over the shores towards her, calling her back in, but she would not heed it's call. She had a higher calling now.

She turned back to him and held his hand tightly, becoming slightly silhouetted in the sunlight again. Only such a short time and she was now a bride. It did not vary much from the normal as she did not know that such things usually took time. She was certain she would love him forever and her heart was his. She touched his face with a gentle caress. "Let us go."