Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Rub-a-dub-dub, two pirates in a tub! [Hemogloblin!]

Started by Rhindeer, August 21, 2012, 02:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Ow! Ow ow ow, dammit! Let go! You already got my nose, woman, lemme keep my ear at least!" Kota squealed as she grabbed hold and yanked. He grabbed for her wrist and latched on, trying to pry her hand off of him--or at least ease up some of the pressure before she ripped the damned thing off.

"And we so are leaving! Or I am! You can stay! Be my guest!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

GoblinFae

Morgan scowled, refusing to let go of him. Instead her other hand darted out and clutched onto his other ear. She gave him a sharp jerk bringing his head down to hers, but did curb her movements enough to make it hurt but cause any permanent damage. Her eyes narrowed to angry slits as she attempted to get her point across to the daft boy.

"Listen here you big baby! We're not going anywhere! You are staying here and I am staying here and that is final! Now if you behave like a proper adult I might be convinced to let you go so you can explain to me what this is all about, Kota. If you refuse," she told him darkly before giving him the same cruel smile that proceeded his broken nose. "I'll put holes in the boat so you won't be going anywhere ever."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Rhindeer

When she grabbed both ears (the witch!), Kota stopped his struggling so as not to injure himself and stared, wide eyed, into her eyes as she yanked him down to her level. He knew that look. Oh, he would never forget that look, because that look meant pain. He swallowed audibly.

"You wouldn't."

But no, that look said she would. And he had a feeling she'd put holes in more things than the boat.

"Eh...heh..." Reaching up, he covered her hands with both of his and tested her hold. Ow. He winced and smiled nervously. "Alright...alright. Uh. Okay. Let's just...look, let's talk this over like the reasonable, mature adults we are, yeah? No need for violence or hole punching or other kinds of punching. Sound good? Can you let go now? I really like my ears where they are."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

GoblinFae

Staring extra hard for a few more seconds, the woman finally released his ears, letting her hands fall to her sides to clench and unclench into tight fists. "Step away from the boat," she said in a tone that brooked no argument.

With a jerk of her chin, Morgan pointed towards a rock further down the beach that they could sit on and talk. She chose not to move first for fear that Kota would flee the moment she turned her back on him.

It was obvious to her that her companion knew something about the area but she was hardly about to high-tail it out of there without a clear explanation first. They had yet to meet any apparent danger so the sailor-woman did not see why they could not stay the extra few minutes it would take for him to be a rational human being.

"Now explain to me what's got you turning into such a skittish kitten at the first sight of a piece of fruit."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Rhindeer

Kota moved like one condemned to the gallows, walking toward that rock as though he were climbing the scaffold: head down, feet shuffling, and sighing deeply. When he got to the rock, he didn't sit; after sitting so long in that boat he didn't want to do more sitting, and after figuring out where they were, he had enough pent up, nervous energy in him that idleness was impossible.

So instead he took to pacing in front of the rock, throwing fleeting glances at the boat every now and then.

"Hey now, I'm not skittish...exactly," he said, and made a face. "And it's not really about the fruit, it's just...it's just I know this beach. And I know that if we follow the beach east a ways, maybe a mile, we'll reach a village." He stopped his pacing and looked at Morgan, a pained expression on his face.

"My, uh..." He kicked at the sand. "My hometown, to be exact. And I really, really, really don't want to go back there. Really. In fact, I can't!"

GoblinFae

Morgan plopped down on the rock, letting her chin fall into the palm of her hand as she drummed her fingers against her cheek. Quietly, she listened to Kota, biting her tongue to keep from interrupting. On the one hand she too had run away from home and never looked back. At least she assumed he had run away, given how he wanted nothing to do with going back. On the other though, leaving was foolish and she told him as much.

"Where would we go Kota? We cannot stay out in the ocean in that little boat forever. Here there is food, water, a place to rest our head. You know this land. Were you not the one insisting that it would be a good idea to be here? If you're so afraid of your parents then avoid going east. Honestly though popping in for a bite to eat and a bit of rest is better than wandering the wild. Why are you so afraid anyway? They trying to marry you off or something?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Kota froze in place as Morgan dropped that last bomb and turned to stare at her, eyes wide with horror and anguish.

"How did you know?"

GoblinFae

"Because I'm a seer," she dead-panned without missing a beat. Morgan threw up her arms. "Kota why are you being an idiot? Tell them you don't want to get married. Hell tell them you are married, for all I care. You would risk starving to not go back?"

Morgan scoffed and shook her head, muttering under her breath. "Not like you can't just run off again. It's obvious you already managed that once."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

With a huff and a shake of his head, Kota started to pace again. "Bah, you make it sound so easy when you put it that way," he said, and finally took a seat on the rock beside her.

"But uh, it's more complicated than that. You know. Blah blah blah, honor, blah blah blah, make my family look like a laughingstock, blah blah blah, break a poor girl's heart and ruin her life, and it's just...easier to stay vanished." He grimaced, rubbed his face. "I'm know I'm gonna have to deal with it eventually, it's just...I dunno. I'd prefer that wasn't today?"

GoblinFae

Morgan rubbed her face, letting her fingers move towards the center to pinch the bridge of her nose. 'Could he be ANY more infuriating?' She shook her head at the thought as the answer quickly made itself known. 'Probably!'

Her hand slid down her face to her chin while her eyes stared intently at the pacing figure before her. "How's tomorrow looking for you then?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

"It's lookin' like NOPE!" Kota said, arms crossed over his chest and shoulders hunched. "Noooot ready for that! I was thinkin', y'know, maybe later...like...a lot later..."

But even he knew he was being ridiculous, for their options here were limited. There wasn't another village for miles, and there wasn't much to eat in the jungle. Just a lot of poisonous fruit and venomous creatures. Sure, not everything was poisonous, but Kota had grown up in bloody Jin'ta, a huge trade hub; he hadn't had to worry about venturing into the jungle and surviving for himself, so he hadn't bothered to learn which plants were good and bad, except for a few. He'd never needed to!

Now he wanted to kick Past Him for being so lazy.

He took a deep breath. Right. But...but it was Jin'ta. Wasn't like that was a small village. Maybe he could blend in, stay undercover?

He heaved a dramatic sigh. "Okay...maybe today. But ya can't like draw attention to yourself or anything, alright?"

GoblinFae

She was not impressed by his behavior. Morgan did not believe she had seen a man behavior anymore like a child than Kota. She too sighed heavily wishing she had gotten stuck with any other sailor than him. Even if he had gotten them to land, or rather she had now that she thought about it, he was not covering himself in glory with helping out as far as she was concerned. It was therefore a great shock to her when he actually agreed to go.

Morgan shrugged, standing and brushing sand from her pants as she did so. "Yeah, sure whatever. What am I even going to do to draw attention? You ready to go now? I'm starving and so far we have nothing presently in our favor on that front. I don't relish dallying so you can change your mind again either."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Kota gave her a flat look at that question.

"What would ya do to draw attention? Why, I couldn't fathom the answer! Couldn't be your quiet, demure personality," he said with a lopsided smile that faded as quickly as it appeared.

Because all joking aside, he really didn't want to do this.

His rubbed his sweaty palms on his still wet breeches. "Alright. Well, I guess standing around here isn't going to help us much. Let's go," he said, and without waiting for her response he turned and started to head down the beach, walking east, and walking fast.

He didn't want to give himself a chance to lose his nerve.

GoblinFae

"Of course not!" Morgan replied snarkily as she fell into step behind Kota. She allowed herself to dally some as they walked so that she could observe everything around them. The woman found the various new plants and animals to be fascinating. There was nothing like it in her homeland and she reveled in the freedom to enjoy this paradise.

"Why ever did you leave?" she breathed incredulously. "It's beautiful."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

"Didn't you hear me?" Kota said with a laugh, looking over his shoulder at Morgan. "So I wouldn't have to get hitched! Plus, ah...I'd be careful with those plants. Ya might wanna ask before you touch any, 'cause a lot of the plants here are poisonous."

Looking back ahead at the beach before him, he let out a sigh. She was right, though. It was beautiful here, and being here...ugh. He didn't want to admit that the other reason he didn't want to go home was because he feared that if he did, he'd grow homesick, because leaving once was hard. Having to leave multiple times? Even harder. And Le'raana just...it wasn't the same. Nothing seemed as bright and fragrant as his home, though perhaps that was his own bias speaking.

"It's not that great, trust me." But Inima was the food was amazing! "You'll probably have a hard time here, in fact. Thanati don't eat meat, y'know."

GoblinFae

Morgan scowled and huffed in response but her hands quickly moved to remain clasped behind her back. "Such a baby to be afraid of marriage. Where I come from it happens all the time. You could have just refused you know."

She shook her head with a heavy sigh. "I cannot understand why you would abandon paradise for a surely mistress like the sea. Although maybe I do," she added with a soft smile. "She did call me to her side readily enough and who was I to not heed her call? Still though, this place beats Connlaoth any day! If I had been born here I never would have left."

The comment about meat was met with a distracted shrug as Morgan detoured away from Kota, choosing to follow the sight she was viewing above her. A family of monkeys leaped from branch to branch above them and the woman was intent on catching a better view of them, oblivious to the dangers she was potentially putting herself into.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

"Refuse, and shame both my family and my betrothed's family..." Kota shook his head. "I suppose running away is just as bad, but...it's less of an outright rejection? I guess?"

He scratched at the back of his head, grimacing. "I was younger then, when I first left, so I wasn't really...thinking. And now it's too late, just gotta own it, y'know? Anyway, I don't expect ya to get it. Live here a few months and you'd see what I--hey, are you even listening?" Kota said abruptly, realizing she had veered off away from him.

And was following a family of monkeys.

Very cute monkeys, too, several babies and couple females.

Kota knew that species, though, and knew what season it was, and his heart sank. "Morgan!" he hissed. "Get over here!"

GoblinFae

"Nope," she responded her lips making a popping sound as they smacked together. "Not a chance. Blah blah blah and they say I prattle on. What a nutcase," Morgan continued muttering under her breath as she walked deeper into the jungle.

She was far more interested in the curious youngster that was making its way closer and closer towards her proffered hand. "Aren't you adorable," came her cooed tones. "Much cuter than that pigeon Kota."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Oh dear Inima, why! Why did someone so bright have to also be so very dense?! Kota pressed his palms to his face in distress, not wanting to yell out to her and potentially startle the animals, which would only make things worse, but also not wanting to do nothing!

So he crept after her, quick and silent as he could muster. "Morgan, seriously, come back here!" he whispered, and then his eyes widened when he saw what she was doing. He sucked in a breath as he watched her, her hand extended toward a young monkey that was edging closer to her.

"Oh, no. No, no! Morgan, get away!"

Because at that moment, right before the baby was about to sniff her hand, there came a great crash as a great, colorful male descended from the canopy above. Larger than a mandrill, it let out a roar and bared its fangs--an impressive set of them, four inches long at least--and the females nearby snarled and bared their own large teeth as the baby skittered away to its mother.

And it was clear, in that moment, that the youngster had been but a decoy.

GoblinFae

One moment she was a breath away from making nice with a cute little furry animal and the next she was at a standoff with a rather large and uncute furry behemoth. She blinked several times before slowly wiping away spittle from her cheek.

"Certainly hope you take after your mother there you little rat," Morgan muttered under her breath as she slowly began to attempt to back away, one hand already reaching down for a knife sheathed at her hip. "Kota?" the lady pirate hissed, all but begging for assistance.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]