Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Rub-a-dub-dub, two pirates in a tub! [Hemogloblin!]

Started by Rhindeer, August 21, 2012, 02:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"WHAT DID I JUST SAY ABOUT THE FLOWERS!" Kota yelped, flailing in her grasp. He managed to tear the flower free  and swat it away, and he patted at his hair as though checking for bugs. "Are you trying to kill me?! Spiders! Remember?! AND they're for girls! AAAAND I don't have any issues with sticks or growth, like, I dunno if you know this but I'm actually one of the tallest guys in my village!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

GoblinFae

"On two legs or three?" Morgan easily quipped back, once more eyeing Kota speculatively. "And quit being such a baby! You said there might be spiders and there's nothing there you giant scaredy-cat. How did you ever survive being a sailor? Next you're going to tell me you're terrified of mice. With the way you go on it's no wonder I mistook you for a girl. All your nagging and carrying-on certainly makes you sound like one-ah."

Morgan paused in her complaining as a shark-eating grin spread across her face. "That's it, isn't it? You don't have growth problems you're lacking it all together aren't you? No worries!" She immediately threw her arm of Kota's shoulders once again and squeezed him close to her side. "I'm sure we can still have fun. Just need to be creative," she teased with a telling wink.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Rhindeer

"I--wha--bwah?! No! What are ya even talking about?!" Kota yelped, red-faced as he struggled to dislodge her arm. He ducked down and out of her grip and took several quick steps backward, hands up and waving.

"Look, can we just stop talking about my stuff! Which, yes, I do have and no you can't see 'cause I don't have to prove it to you! But it's there!" And just in case she got it into her head to check, he angled his body sideways away from her and scowled, though the effect was lost with how furiously he was blushing.

"You're just jealous you don't have one. That's why you're talkin' about mine so much."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

GoblinFae

Morgan ran her tongue across her front teeth with a smacking sound before smiling toothily at Kota. "Who's to say I don't, eh?" She laughed darkly then, enjoying her game of making him squirm and wishing there was just someone else around to also see it. "Come along Chick-a-dee, we've got places to be or so you keep tellin' me. Heavens forbid your virtue is threatened by hanging around a real sailor too long!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Rhindeer

Kota just stared at her, a look of disbelief crossing his face. If she had a dick, she'd be Yozin--which meant she'd be highly regarded and respected, which meant how he'd been treating her would be...pretty abhorrent in retrospect, and earn him a ton of flack back home. But she was also a foreigner; she probably didn't know what Yozin were. And if she didn't know, then she couldn't abuse her status.

So he bit his tongue, just to be safe. After all, he didn't know what was in her pants! And he wasn't too keen on finding out!

Instead he just barked a weak laugh. "A real sailor, pffft. Who saved your butt out here, anyway?"

GoblinFae

"I'm sorry what exactly did it need saving from? Oh yes!" she declared loudly with dawning clarity. "I remember now." Morgan laughed darkly before pinning an angry look on Kota. "The only thing I needed saving from was you." Batting her eyelashes prettily, her lighter mood quickly returned as if nothing had been said. "Well move along now! I'm getting hungry and I'd hate to start snacking on you," she giggled, clicking her teeth at him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

"You needed saving from me?! What did I do? Ya practically tried to drown me! And look! You're doin' it again!"  Kota said, pointing at her. "Threatening me a AGAIN! Who needs saving from who here?"

But though he was protesting, it was only half-hearted. He didn't...THINK she meant it. But wetlanders hand some bizarre, barbaric customs so he wouldn't be too surprised if cannibalism actually was among them.

With a shake of his head, he continued to trek along, and sighed in relief as the village swam closer into view. "Almost there. We can eat when we get there, so just...control yourself."

GoblinFae

Morgan quickly caught up to him, using his hand to yank him around and forward so that he was flush up against her. "I'm not threatenin' you boy. I'm telling you how it is and how it is, is I'm hungry and you're looking tastier and tastier by the minute," she purred into his face before licking her front teeth obscenely with the tip of her tongue. "Isn't there anything we can just eat now?" she asked with a pout before booping him on the nose with the index finger of her other hand.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

"Ack!" Kota yelped, yanked around and against her chest before he could even begin another thought. he flailed for balance and grabbed her waist in reflex, then flushed like mad when their proximity sank in. Intimately close. Close enough he could feel her breath when she purred.

...Gulp.

He stared wide-eyed into her face, nose wrinkling at her boop. Dear sweet Inima, she was terrifying. Yet if he liked women like that, he might have been aroused.

This was very confusing.

"Errrr...in lieu of cannibalism, which I dunno how it works in that Connlaoth place but it's kinda frowned upon here, there's like...fruit and stuff...uh. Fish? If ya wanna fish it. But the village is right there like I can literally see it so patience!"

Glancing down where his hands still gripped her, he cleared his throat and released her hips. "Think ya can manage? I know it's hard. But I believe in ya."

GoblinFae

"Such a shame," she murmured in a sultry whisper.

"I was quite looking forward to getting a nibble or two from you," Morgan told him as she leaned her face intimately close to his own. Her bottom lip caught between her teeth as she smiled hungrily at him.

"You wouldn't really mind now, would you. Just a little...taste?"

Morgan pouted prettily. "That village certainly doesn't look very close if you ask me. What if I can't manage, Kota?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

"I most definitely would mind! I don't trust ya to not take chunks," Kota said while taking a step backwards to put a little space between them.

"If you get hungry, try gnawing on your arm. Good solution, that! Oh! Oh! I know! Go chase down one of those monkeys. I'm sure that'll go well for ya! I'll just keep making my way to the village, where there's food and water and wine and oh goddess my fiance and my parents there're so gonna kill me if they find me. Maybe I should just let ya eat me and be done with it. I can't decide what's scarier."

He shuddered, flicking a look between Morgan and the distant village. Well. At least there he had a chance. If he just got a real good disguise and kept his head down, no one had to be any wiser! With another look at Morgan, he added, "Mm. Actually, you are."

And with a quick turn on his heel, he bolted, racing full tilt toward the village. "Good thing I'm fast!"

GoblinFae

Morgan laughed darkly and clicked her teeth at him again in response. She probably would have left some serious love bites, that much was certain. That being said, the pirate watched him with hooded eyes, crossed arms, and a knowing smirk as Kota ranted on and on, growing more anxious and horrified with every word he spoke.

When he finally decided that she was the scarier thing of the two, she could not help but bark in laughter. "Oh is that so? We shall see about that!"

Morgan was only a couple steps behind him as she too took off to race after him. Her legs might have been a smidge shorter than his but she made up for it perhaps with a bit of enthusiasm and willpower. Ever so slowly she was gaining on him until she was only a half step or two behind him and keeping pace.

It seemed they might actually make it there in one piece and she was beginning to feel good about teasing Kota even if they were stranded on some Ansgar-forsaken island. It was just as she was opening her mouth to speak that the almighty god himself chose to intervene. The toe of her boot caught in a tree root just as she was trying to leap over it. Instead of clearing it, Morgan went tumbling forward to collide with the back of Kota's knees. The root snapped and her forward momentum kept her rolling forward.

It seemed what people always said about surmounting obstacles was true: it really was all downhill from here. Literally.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Well. That happened.

Kota had time only for a surprised yelp before his legs buckled and he went down like a wounded bird, and stayed down. Or rather, stayed...up and down and up and down, rolling and tumbling down the goddess-forsaken hill. His limbs tangled with Morgan's and his face bashed against something hard and bony--her head, her elbow, he couldn't tell. It felt like an eternity before they hit the bottom and stopped rolling, Kota landing splayed atop Morgan with a bloody gash in his forehead, mud and grass stains on his clothes, and leaves and twigs in his hair.

Morgan looked little better.

"Oof..." he groaned, rubbing at his head and smearing the blood there. "What in the...?" He blinked blearily down at Morgan, a little dazed though recovering, and let out another groan as he rolled off of her and flopped beside her.

"You're gonna be the literal death of me, woman."

On the plus side, they were practically at the village gates.

Yay?

GoblinFae

The wind had thoroughly been crushed from her lungs by the time they'd hit literal rock bottom. She lay there gasping and wheezing before cool fresh air once more returned to. With a weak hand she patted Kota's arm reassuringly.

"Still alive?" she rasped while attempting to sit up. Everything hurt entirely too much to be dead. A whimpering squeal escaped her though as Morgan attempted to bring her leg up to bear weight on it. The hand on Kota inadvertently squeezed his arm, here nails digging into him as a nauseating wave of pain flooded her system.

Her voice was strained, none of the earlier tormenting playfulness present anymore. "How much further did you say it was?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Things just kept going from bad to worse. It was almost like coming back to Thanatos was a bad fucking idea. Of course, they had no choice unless he wanted to go drown himself instead—which, looking back, may have been the better option judging by the way things were going. It seemed Inima was out to sabotage him at every turn, and who could blame Her after he had cut and run on his duties?

The bitch.

Kota winced as Morgan's nails dug into his arm, but it was less at the pain of that and more at the sound she made when she tried to stand. Yep. Super not good. Please let it just be sprained. If it was broken or something...

"After that shortcut? We're basically there, now," he said, and with a sore grunt he rose into a kneel and shook leaves from his hair. The annoyance was gone from his voice as he said it though, his expression softened into one of genuine concern. In his short time around her, he had gotten used to her being strong and snappy and viciously scary, but a wounded leg would make anyone vulnerable. And goddammit, he was weak to that.

He didn't bother to ask if she was okay. The answer was obvious. They could assess the damage later, once they were safe behind village walls—and he prayed it wasn't serious.

Because the best Bone Sculptor in town was his bloody mother.

"C'mon, think ya can lean on me?" he said, and looped one of her arms around his shoulders. "Goddess. How've you survived so long? Ya really would have drowned if not for me. C'mon, easy does it..."

Slowly he rose, giving her time to use her good leg. "Village is right there, see? Just gotta hobble your lamed ass in."

GoblinFae

Morgan grunted in response, saving her breath instead to manage the pain pulsing in time with her heartbeat up from leg. Uncharacteristically quiet instead of her biting, chattering self, she gripped his shoulders, leaning heavily on him as she rose to stand on her good leg. Deep, whistling breaths hissed through her teeth as she rebalanced herself and kept her eyes trained ahead.

Not even his digs at her survival or lameness managed to draw commentary from her. One tentative step forward on her good leg, most of her weight balanced on his shoulder was excruciating but manageable. The next step however was not nearly so lucky.

A sickening snap and a white-hot fresh wave of pain scorched through her as she went down like a sack of potatoes. Morgan screamed in pain, fat tears blinding her instantly as she clapped a hand over her mouth to try and quiet herself. A glance at her leg had her dry-heaving on the spot. Jagged, white bone protruded in two places from where her shin and calf should have been. If it wasn't before, her leg was definitely broken now.

Gagging and crying she pressed her cheek down against the cool dirt. It really was a miracle she had ever survived this long, wasn't it? Maybe he should just leave her. What good was a woman at sea anyway. A woman's place was at the hearth and at the forge, not gallivanting off pretending she was some adventurous warrior of the sea. Her father was right, she was just a fool girl.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Thaaaat did not sound good.

There was a crack and a scream and Morgan went down.

It had all been fun and games and teasing, but Kota's mood immediately sobered, his chest tightening in a flare of panic. That scream had been awful, and it had him dropping down beside her fast, heart pounding as she sobbed and heaved. Something was wrong, deeply so, and he somehow couldn't help but feel like he was partially at fault.

"Morgan! Morgan, what--?"

He cut off. The sight of her leg, at the bloody white poking out through her flesh...

Goddess!

He had to swallow hard to keep from vomiting on the spot, his gut flip-flopping, and he had to look away before he lost it. How had he not noticed? Had she noticed and been trying to hide it until now?

"Shit! Oh, jeez, okay, uh, wow. That's--okay. Deep breaths, Morgan, breathe. We're almost there, swear to Inima. We're gonna get you taken care of, alright? Just don't look at it, alright? Look at me." He was talking more for his own benefit than hers. He didn't do well with injuries or blood, and that was gnarly, and worse, he didn't do well with people in pain and suffering. He wanted to make it stop right then, but felt helpless to, and seeing someone so strong and tough devolve into tears and agony hurt, no matter how much of a bitch she could be. He had to keep calm, though. If he lost it, where would they be? Keep calm, try and keep her calm, too, as much as someone could keep calm with their tibia on the outside.

"This is gonna hurt, but hold onto me, alright?" he said, bending down and taking her arms, looping them around his neck. He wasn't strong; he was just slightly taller than she was, a bit on the lean and slightly gangly side. Luckily, she wasn't that big herself. He slipped his other arm under her thighs, just behind the knees, and lifted her with a grunt and some wobbling. He was definitely going to feel this in his back tomorrow...

"Mom's a bone-sculptor," he said, swaying for a moment as he got his balance and trying hard not to show that he was struggling a bit. The woman was heavier than he'd anticipated. "She can put you back together."

GoblinFae

She whimpered painfully as she was lifted and her leg was jostled, a high-pitched whine in his ear as Morgan attempted to bury her face into the back of his shoulder. She felt so sick and every step he took made her stomach squeeze in nausea and her breath catch as fire raced through her veins. Every step he took made the limb bounce against him in a perverted version of a jig.

Words tumbled from her mouth, few of them even making sense as she begged for it to stop. As she sobbed. As she apologized. Over and over she pleaded with him, with her father, with god, with the universe to make it stop, to forgive her, that she'd be better. On and on it continued even as her voice faded and she went completely limp against him, her vision faded to black and her mind empty of thoughts.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Dread filled Kota with every step he took toward that village.

But he had always known he'd eventually have to come back, one way or another. He couldn't run—or sail—forever, even if he had given it his best shot. He missed his family. He missed his friends. He missed his home.

He did not miss their expectations.

He also did not expect the choice to be thrust upon him like this, but it seemed Inima had it out for him and it was time he stopped playing coward.

Morgan had gone quiet, which was a blessing—and worrisome. He wasn't used to her and quiet, and quiet meant...goddess, had she gone into shock? Her body was a dead weight, but at least he no longer had to listen to her wrenching sobs. Earlier they had been bickering like children and she had been driving him insane—and now he wished  he could go back to that time.

Through the village he walked, briskly as he could, while people stopped to stare at the man carrying a strange foreign woman with a gnarly leg. Here and there, he heard sounds of recognition, or offers to help, but he waved them off with a snappish, "Can't talk! Going to Fujin's!"

And finally, not far into the village and close to the docks, he approached a small thatched hut that was built raised off the ground, with a small set of wooden stairs leading to the door. Panting, arms aching from carrying Morgan, he climbed the stairs and shifted Morgan's weight enough to bang on the door.

"Ma! Hey, ma, ya there? It's me, Kota!" he called, deciding to just jump feet first in with the sharks.

From within, there was a sound like something dropping, clattering heavily to the ground. Then the sounds of footsteps rushing closer until—

The door swung open, revealing a Thanati woman in her upper middle years, graying blonde hair pulled back in a bun. She stared for a moment, eyes wide, wavering with the beginnings of tears. And then her eyes dropped to the woman he held and she let out a small gasp.

"Inima's tit, you have a lot of explaining to do."

"Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm sorry, I—I'll explain, promise. Later?" And he pushed past the woman, not bothering to remove his boots, carrying Morgan inside so he could lay her down carefully on a colorful woven rug.

GoblinFae

The world was dizzying with flashes of light amongst the blurring darkness. In and out of consciousness, Morgan wavered, coming to for brief heartbeats before the darkness swallowed her once more. She was not mentally present when they came to his mother's door although she groaned in pain at being shifted about and her leg being further compromised. Blood filled her boot and began to leak out the top leaving deep red splotches on the worn wooden porch.

A pained gasp escaped her as she was placed down on the rug and for a brief moment her eyes flickered in an attempt at opening. Her body wasn't moving but it felt as if the world still was.

"Kota?" she whimpered out his name, desperately trying to get her arm to reach for him through the heavy suspension it felt like her body was trapped within. "Don't leave me, 'm s'sorry. Please~"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]