Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What the hammer, what the chain

Started by Stelmarisa, January 05, 2013, 02:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stelmarisa

Mid-afternoon in The Cherry Tree, and the building was bustling with activity. Half-awake girls yawning with bad temper as they wandered about, more alert dancers practising their stretches, and anxious serving-girls were hurrying in and out of the main parlour. It was beautifully lit at this time of day, the sunlight dancing across the pale skin that was on display everywhere one looked. At this early - for some - hour, virtually none of the women were fully clothed, instead casually dressed in sleeping robes and under-skirts. The brothel had never been a place where its inhabitants stood on ceremony together. Chatter and teasing flew around the room, called up and down the stairs and sang out of the windows.

Only one girl was not joining in with the routine. Lotte had been up for several  hours, wandering around the city's parks. She was already dressed for the evening in a pale pink dress that just covered her knees, and sat in the parlour's window-seat, gazing out on the streets. She was quietly ignoring the chatter that surrounded her, just wishing that something would happen. It was set to be another dull day.

visualspice

OOC: Not dull for much longer...
BWAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Also this post as slightly adult content, only because of the ladies XD~
IC:

For a very different reason than one might assume, a young man was racing towards The Cherry Tree. Gherrick, by now, had made quite a name for himself, and due to his sense of pride, tended to wear the same clothing he was known for- the flamboyant blue silken shirt glinting with intricate bold, gold embroidery and a red bow staff in tow.  Though his boots slammed heavily against the cobblestone, his throat burning from the run, he had hardly begun his day's real transgressions, after all, the men that had been chasing him made pursuit before he had even stolen the gold chalice he had been aiming for, though in the midst of all of the chaos, he plucked it from the display, and in doing so, had a series of guards tripping over themselves.

A quick turn here, and a dash there, Gherrick easily outwitted and out ran the guards. but he still needed a safe place to hide.  Spotting a building that seemed as indifferent as the rest, he rushed towards it and quickly inside the door, spotting a fair lady in pink log the way.

"How do you do," he said, bowing as he rushed by, red hair spilling over his blue gaze as he offered her a roguish grin, then continued to run, bursting through the door of The Cherry Tree only to find himself stumbling to a halt, tripping over a few lace robes and pinwheeling his arms tht couldn't catch him as he fell onto  couch.

It was the scent that roused him first, as he groaned and lifte dhis head-
It was the smell of flowers and women.
The golden chalice in one hand, his bow staff in the other,  the woman all stood up and began to gather around...

"Well, well, well.." one began to say.

Gherrick's eyes slowly came into focus.

"Huh, uh.. I.." and it was only then he realized all he could see was skin.
Skin..
skin.. skin..

White skin, bronzed skin, ample skin, rusty skin, exposed skin, glossy skin, plump skin and,..
Skin full of sin.

Gherrick shot up suddenly, as two women moved to purr into his ear and move over his lap.

"Welcome stranger," one of the whores breathed into his ear.
"Well, er, I um,. hell..o?" Gherrick, who, in all of his life, had always been a gentleman, could not pass up his chance to remain civil towards the lady fair.. but this was, far FAR different of a situation he would assume to find himself s a woman pressed her hand between the folds of his clothes, it rubbing smoothing over his bare chest.

"Oh... your chest feels hard.." she purred.

"YEs, well I er, work out.." Gherrick said, sweat collecting nervously across his brow, face glowing red.
"I wonder what else might be hard?" the other girl cooed, a hand brushing over his pants.

Giving a yelp, Gherrick was suddenly on his feet, but not without growing dizzy first and nearly losing his balance, not realizing he was now adorned with lip-stick smudged cheeks.

"Oh, well, I'm sorry ladies, I had just been passing through when I.." Gherrick began, hoping to exit stage left when a group of whores surrounded him.
"You're planning to leave?" one pouted, latching affectiontely onto his arm, letting his arm sink into her cleavage. His cheeks burned.
"Well yes, I have much to do today, that I-" Gherrick began..
another woman grabbed him by the waist, pulling him close and sealing her lips to his.
"But you can't go without a taste," she cooed, then leaned in for another- only to hve Gherrick press her away.

"I.. well, haha, that is to say.." he began, nervously scratching his nose. "Perhaps um, another time ladies?"
ANd as he tried to back away, his legs connected with the back of a short, side table as he spilled over it, landing ripely on his ass.

The women didnt' wait as they cried excitedly and lept upon him, nearly tearing off his clothes.
"L-ladies!" Gherrick began, but lips were sealed to his, his shirt hanging off his shoulder.
"P-please!" he said, trying to pry himself loose, as another made work at his ear.
"I.. I didn't even um.. pay?" he tried to find any excuse he could to get out of their grip, only to find one of them snatching his gold chalice.
"This should do nicely." she said coyly, then tossed it aside as the women continued to pry at him, merciless in their assault and finally int he middle of it all, Gherrick slipped away.

"Really ladies, please!" he said, panting as he pressed himself agaisnt hte wall. He was red faced, lip-stick kisses smeared all over his face and had half of his clothing nearly falling off.
"I.. I really have to go.." he said, beginning to make his way towards the door, only to find the women cornering him at the base of the steps.
Panicking, Gherrick turned around, running up the stairs only to find another lady waiting for him with a grin.  Barely ducking away from her clutches, Gherrick rushed up the stairs and threw himself into a room, pressing his back against it as he locked the door, heart nearly pounding out of his chest.

Sighing, he wilted slightly, wild red hair over his eyes.
"Gods.." he draped a hand over his face, too embarrassed for himself to move.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Stelmarisa

And there went the first customer of the day...

Lotte rolled her eyes as the young man rushed past her in a blur of bright silk. She understood the appeals that The Cherry Tree held for a gentleman, even if she never could quite grasp their eagerness to get inside. And this man, actually running in... clearly, he was even more desperate than their usual clientele. She sighed in exasperation and settled back onto her perch, intending to go back to her daydreaming.

It was only a moment later however, that she heard the unmistakable squawks of the girls with an easy target. She frowned as she sat up, listening to the laughter that carried through the open windows. This carrying on was nothing terribly unusual, but it rarely accompanied such a confident looking man. Rather, they tended to tease the shy men, the ones who wandered in looking for directions, or a hot bite to eat, and ended up with a lot more than they had expected.

Maybe she should check it out. At the very least, it would liven up this dull day. She never indulged in the taunting herself, but being present was an important part of being accepted in this community. By the time she got inside however, the parlour had gone quiet. Her companions were back to their normal activities, although some were noticeably more flushed and excitable.

"Erm... what was going on in here?" she asked to the room at large.

"A lost little stranger," one of her friends replied, grinning. "I don't think he exactly knew where he was... we set  him straight!"

"But - where is he?" Lotte looked around. The stranger hadn't come back out by the front door, but he had definitely gotten away somehow.

"Ran off through the side door. Probably out the back and streets away by now," another girl, less interested in the chase, piped up now. "It's much to early to bother going after him."

Choosing not to comment on the relatively late hour, Lotte nodded silently. Good for him, she thought, although the part of her that remembered his absurd dress wouldn't have been sorry to see his comeuppance. Nevertheless, she turned away and passed through the same side door that the stranger had used, unknowingly following in his footsteps.

It was a great many steps up to her attic room, and she was pink in the face by the time she arrived. Winding her blonde hair up into a bun with one hand she turned the door handle with the other, looking forward to the cool dark of-

-her locked room!

"Hey!" she called out, suddenly wary. "Who's in there?"

visualspice

Gherrick jumped with a start.
The woman on the other side sounded angry.
HIs fingers twitched at his sides as he listened.

"Would you believe it if I told you it were the Grand Duke? And that he demands his presence to be ignored?"

OOC: Short... but quirky and to the point XD
Sorry for the shortness but..
*snickers*
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Stelmarisa

OOC: LOL! xD

"What? Why would he even be in my room?"
Obviously that had been a joke, but the fact was that there was a man in there. Lotte rapped on the door again, feeling suddenly scared.

"Open the door!"
She couldn't stop her voice from wavering as she spoke, even as she wished that she could produce a commanding tone, or even a commanding presence. Unfortunately her short and slight stature prevented that, whatever she tried. She stepped back from the door, poised to fly back down the stairs if she needed to.

"Now!"

visualspice

Gherrick winced.

"What if I told you I was parrot? A pretty um.. blue and red parrot?" He faked a squawk, but then heard her annoyance through the door. Frowning, he stared at the locked door for a moment.

"Why do you want in here anyways? Can't you see there's a man hiding from.. well.. not to sound offensive, but from your kind?"

You know..t he leechy- lust-sucking parasites?

Stelmarisa

Fear abating, Lotte bridled.

"What do I want in there? It's my room! What do you want in there?" She frowned and jiggled the handle again.

"Why are you hiding... who are you?" The 'your kind' comment could wait, though it had brought a deep flush to her cheeks. Her eyes widened as she put two and two together, and connected this disembodied voice to the riot downstairs - of course, he wouldn't know that she hadn't been there.

"Are you the ...gentleman from downstairs? Saffy said you'd left... did you know this is my room? I'd like to get inside it, if it's alright with you." She paused.

"I won't make you go back downstairs."

visualspice

Gherrick listened to her silent, contemplating the suggestion before he placed a hand toward the door and opened it, pushing it open just a sliver as a single blue eye peered out at her.
"How do I know you're not here to toss me back to the wolves?" he asked, most of his face still hidden from her, except a few pieces of his red hair.

Stelmarisa

"Well, for one thing, I didn't know you were up here. And for another - I could have called out at any point in the last few minutes, and they'd be here now."

She pointed the facts out calmly, although slightly baffled that she was having to talk her way into her own bedroom. And to this strange man that refused to reveal himself, nonetheless.

"And lastly - I wasn't even down there. If you'd open the door, you'd realise that."

visualspice

Gherrick pressed his lips together then slowly pressed the door open with a finger, the door creaking open between them and before him was revealed a beautiful girl. Oh.. it was the woman he had passed earlier.  He gave a boyish grin.
"So this is your room?" he said, trying to put on flattery in his tone as he leaned an arm high against the door frame, one leg crossing over the other, his hips also set to rest against the frame.

Stelmarisa

"Yes."

This wasn't getting much better - the door was open, but now it was blocked by this... this... intruder. It simply was not on. Thanking the gods for her slight figure, Lotte ducked past him and into her room. Back in the safety of her own domain, she started to breathe more easily. Now at least she was on familiar ground and less nervous.

"Are you planning to stay then?" It certainly looked like it.

visualspice

"Well, sort of," came the man's reply as he turned to her, rubbing sheepishly at the back of his neck. "I didn't come here for uh, what wares you all.. sell.." He looked at her, face turning pink, then away as he gave a boyish, nervous laugh.  "Let's just say I had no idea what this establishment was all about. But now that I've seen it, I could bid my adieau.."

But then he heard the women downstairs.

"The man is up there! in the attic!"

Turning around, Gherrick gave a start.
"To Lotte's room, girls!"
Panicked, Gherrick threw himself inside and slammed the door, locking it behind him as the women began to bang on it.

"Let us in! Lotte? Lotte are you in there? Open up!"
"Yeah! Open up!"
"That man is clearly in need of our services!"

Cringing, Gherrick took a few steps back.
"I think this is the first time in my life I've ever been afraid of women," Gherrick admitted with a  short, almost musical laugh as he continued to move away from the door. He still didn't realize his clothes were half torn off, lip stick was still smudged all over his face and well..
his chest nearly exposed.

He could outwit the guards, but..
this!?

These women were merciless!

Stelmarisa

"Yes, I've heard that one before..." she muttered, an eyebrow raised.

It was true that many men, those hoping to win over the shy and naive girls, often claimed innocence of their trade. It rarely worked, and even when it seemed to, it was always on the women's terms. Not that they let the men know that.

"Open up!"
Lotte sighed as she heard the stampede and crossed to the door, leaning against it to speak softly.

"Sorry girls, he's already scarpered. Pushed past me, the rude oaf, and slipped down the side passage. We need better security in here." The grumblings came loud through the door, the few women who'd bothered to come all the way up turning to climb down the stairs again.

"It looks like you're stuck here for a while, then, until I can smuggle you out." She turned to face him, arms crossed defensively as she crossed the room to shut the window. This had the bonus effect of putting her in silhouette, whilst casting him in bright light. Her eyes ran over him, noticing his bedraggled state - his fancy clothes no longer so flamboyant.

"You can wash in my basin, if you'd like."

visualspice

"Oh, well I didn't-" Gherrick began, face pink again when he turned to notice the water basin and the mirror set behind it.  Blushing more deeply, he gave a laugh.
"Oh..." he pushed a finger to his cheek, smudging some of the lipstick. "I suppose you meant these."

Pouring water in the bowl, he told her, "Thanks" and proceed to bend over it, splashing his face and being sure to thoroughly rub off all the little red kisses smattered about his face.
Turning his head this way, then that, her rubbed the back of his wrist across his lips and brow before turning around to her, collecting a towel and dabbling it across his face.

"And I mean, it," he gave her a more boyish, innocent smile. "Thanks." His blue eyes warm, his face rather handsome as he began to pull his clothing back together.

Stelmarisa

Lotte laughed. The man's confusion was somehow endearing, contradicting the first impression she'd had of him. The strange clothes had suggested to her a vain man, one full of self-importance and arrogance, and his insistence at locking her own door had done nothing to dispel that impression. But now, seeing him so awkward out of his comfort zone, she began to relax. As he washed she moved away from the window and perched on a high stool, her feet barely touching the floor.

She regarded him as he washed and dried himself, smiling in spite of herself. He was handsome, and his ruffled state was bringing out her nurturing side.

"You're welcome," she said softly. "But you know, I don't even know your name yet."

visualspice

"Gherrick Windevher," he informed her, wistfully.  The same boyish smile adorning his face. "Might I have the pleasure of knowing yours? After all," he chuckled a little as he approached her, but kept a respectable distance as he folded his arms across his chest in leisure. "You did save my life." He pointed out.

OOC: XD sorry it's short

Stelmarisa

"I hardly saved your life - they wouldn't have killed you!" She laughed suddenly, a light, musical sound. "They're mostly very nice girls really. And you did make rather an entrance."

"But my name's Lotte..."
She paused, awkwardly. She always felt that something was left unsaid when introducing herself - an unfortunate side effect of having only one name.
"Just Lotte."

visualspice

"Yes, well.." Gherrick sheepishly scratched at the side of his nose.  "How could one know?" his reply came about the women. Though he liked the sound of her laugh, even if it was towards him as his smile raised more leftward on his cheek.  "And I suppose they seemed to want to be..er.. nice enough. But the entrance, as you so put it, was hardly planned, at least, not as an entrance here, but rather as an escape from there."

It probably all sounded crazy as he gave a shrug.

"After all, some people just call me a petty thief," and it was then he realized.. patting himself down as his face paled. "The chalice!" He looked, appalling at the door, realizing what he had to do at some point during his stay at The Cherry Tree.

Gods.. he'd have to go back down there.  The very idea turned him pink.

Stelmarisa

Thieves were not terribly uncommon in The Cherry Tree, and all of the girls had at one point been paid with stolen goods. Lotte barely raised an eyebrow at the man's confession, merely wondering exactly who he had been running from. The lack of guards at their door was a relief, and suggested that he hadn't angered anyone with too much power - at least, not lawful power.

"What chalice?" she piped up then, curious. "Have you left something... downstairs?"

It was obvious he wasn't too thrilled about fetching it and it would be cruel to send him back down there so soon. She sighed and slipped off the stool, looking up at him from her short vantage point.
"I'll go for it, if you like."

visualspice

Gherrick turned to her with a start.
"Well, you see, it's not that I care for the chalice for me or anything. You needn't throw yourself in harms way!" though, the words were already out of his mouth before he realized they made him look the fool as he rubbed at the back of his neck. Was it getting hot in there?
"That is to say, well, I sort of stole it for somebody, else and well... I don't need the money it could yield, but they could." Shaking his head. "But you shouldn't trouble yourself for me. And I think your er.. sisters?" he tried to swallow the idea of what they all.. would be to one another. "Well, they kindly assumed the golden piece of paymet for um.." he blushed again, sighing with a wilt. "Payment." he tugged loosely at the collar of his shirt.
Yes.. it was getting quite hot in there!

Shaking his head, "I... apologize for sounding like a fool. I.. feel sort of out of my element here. I never thought I'd find myself hiding away int he local brothel."

Of course if that was the case.. was his poor companion also one of them? He frowned a little, staring her curiously at the htought ad well..
figured he should stop rambling before appearing a complete ninny.