Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Preparing for the party! (M)

Started by alex_xr, January 29, 2013, 06:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_xr

Tristan got ready, with a quickness and made sure to have everything. He was hoping that Madaline would be quick but he knew that wasn't possible. He laughed and ate a bit more of the growing cold food as he waited. He wondered how long she would be.

Ycharley

Madaline was quick but didn't rush. She made sure to wash off and get dressed in her stylish clothing. Finally she finished doing her hair before turning to Tristan.

"Okay, are you ready?" She asked with a soft smile.

alex_xr

" Of course, Shall we go see Claudas then?" He waited for her to lead the way, also offering his hand.  Like he use to do.  He was glad to be  with Madaline. He wasn't sure he wanted to rule a province.  with the price but then he thought of his family and his duty and figured there was no one better to do the job.

Ycharley

Madaline took Tristan's hand in her own with a smile. She led them to their son's day room. She didn't know if he would be there, but figured it would be the best place to start.

Ivory

Claudas was there indeed, along with his nanny.  Nan -- a darling, old soul who, in spite of her age, seemed to have no trouble keeping up with the rambunctious younger -- was hunkered down on the floor with the boy.  Wooden soldiers and horses were spread out before them, many of them already "dead," if laying on their side was any indication.

It seemed Tristan and Madeline had walked in on the climax of the battle.

"What happens if you kill all of the soldiers?" Nan was asking, voice full of patient amusement.

Claudas took careful aim with a marble, using the small, round stone as a sort of cannon.  "You give up, of course!"

Nan chuckled, although she was quick to stand when the noble pair made their entrance.  She curtsied deeply.  "My Lord and Lady."

Claudas's grin nearly split his face in two, and he leaped to his feet to wrap his arms around both of his parents as best he could.  "Guess what!  There was this spider that was on the table, and it was so big it could have eaten a cat!  No!  A dog!"

alex_xr

Tristan smiled and picked up Claudas holding him between Madaline and him.  " How is my little soldier? "  He said, ruffling his hair.  He was going to not suddenly bring up what they were there for. It was rare indeed for both of them to be with Claudas at the same time.  He would have to fix that as  well it seemed.  Tristan wondered how he let his family get so distant. He looked at madaline and smiled. "I caught us a little boy, What should we do with him?"  He wondered what Claudas would have to say, hoping he wasn't too "big" to play such games.

Ivory

"Real good!" Claudas enthused merrily, with a firm nod.  "I'm winning the war! See?"  Of course, it really looked like a mess of toy soldiers and marbles, but that was all besides the point!

At the question of what to do with him, the boy's eyes widened dramatically, and he squirmed uselessly, knowing already what was to come next.  Even though neither of his parents had started tickling him yet, he was already shrieking in laughter as he tried to get away.  "No tickling!  I don't wanna be tickled!"

Ycharley

Madaline grinned as her fingers moved to his sides, "I think we should.. Tickle torture him," She spoke, laughter filling her voice as she started to tickle him. It had been forever since she had done anything like this. She missed it dearly and was glad to have it back.

As she stood there tickling him her mind wondered to what her son would think about having a sibling. She both felt and hoped that he would be okay if not excited about it. She then thought that maybe she should wait to tell him, maybe when she was already pregnant. She sighed softly, finally pulling her fingers from her son, a smile still lingering on her face.

alex_xr

Tristan smiled and focused on not dropping claudas. The boy could squirm. "I don't see how you can win a war when your own mother can defeat you so easily. " and then Tristan tickled him a bit before stopping. " do you surrender?"

Ivory

Claudas was still shrieking with laughter, even when his parents withdrew.  Big, fat tears were rolling down his chubby cheeks and occasionally flying in every direction as he shook his head from side to side as he squirmed to escape.  They were tears of joy, however, brought on by so much heartfelt and innocent laughter.

"She..."  He gasped out between laughs/sobs.  "She cheated!"  He was protesting the whole thing.  Tickling wasn't fair!

"But she wins!" he added promptly and emphatically.  Yes, the war would be hers if they would just stop tickling him!

Ycharley

Madaline smiled kindly at her son, "Well it is good then that we are on the same side of the battle field," She spoke, her voice filled with the happiness that she felt. She hadn't been this happy in a while. It was nice to feel like a family, like how it use to be.

alex_xr

Tristan laughed, " So how are you Claudas?" He said setting him down,  He loved being with Madaline, and Claudas. He smiled and sat on the floor so he was near the level of claudas.  He didn't know how to approach the subject quite, so he was a bit quiet, waiting to see if Madaline had an idea.

Ivory

"Good!" Claudas chirped, simply happy to be with his parents for the time being.  Remembering his manners, then, he corrected himself carefully, "I'm well, I mean."  He grinned at his parents, quite proud that he had remembered the lesson and the word.

He paused, then, sensing some of the tension, although not sure to what he might credit it.  He looked from his father up to his mother, then back to his father again with a serious of wide-eyed blinks.

"Am I in trouble for something?"

For the life of him, he couldn't imagine what he had done that he might be in trouble for!

Ycharley

Madaline looked at Tristan then to Claudas.

"Oh no dear, you haven't done anything wrong," She started, feeling bad that somehow they had made Claudas feel that he had done something wrong. She quickly turned to look at Tristan, hoping that he would as their son his opinion. She couldn't find the correct words to do so.

alex_xr

" Of course not,  We were wondering what you thought about having a baby brother or sister.  Your mother and are thinking about having another one because you are so special.  Though you will have to protect them and teach them what you know. "
He smiled and wondered what Clauda's response would be. He didn't know.

They had never broached the subject before and he just hoped that it turned out that he was for it. As he was sure that he probably would have one anyways... Their family could do with some additional members, he hated having to worry about such things but  as head familly of the province, they needed to radiate strength.

Ycharley

Madaline laid her head on Tristan's shoulder glad that he found the words. She sighed contently, the worry leaving her as she leaned slightly against her husband.

Ivory

Claudas looked instantly relieved when his own innocent had been established, but his grin turned into a much more bewildered expression a minute later.

A brother or a sister?  He rubbed at his nose with the back of his hand, seriously mulling over the matter.  He supposed he had never really thought much on it.  Although some might frown on the practice, he was still of an age where he enjoyed adventures with the servants' children, so he had never been a lonely child...

But he did like the idea of teaching them and protecting them.  It made him feel very gallant!

"Can I have a brother, please?" he asked sweetly, as if he were choosing a puppy from a litter.  "Girls cry too much."  He glanced shyly at his mother and added, "Except for Mama."

alex_xr

Tristan smiled, " I don't know if you will get a sister or a brother but either way, I am glad you agree, now perhaps we can help you in your war?"  He said as he smiled. as he put his arm around Madaline. Oh how he loved his family.