Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Flying by the Memories

Started by visualspice, February 21, 2013, 01:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Gherrick blushed and rubbed at the back of his head.
"I was never good at playing pretend, but I'll see what I can do." Then he gave a sheepish look her way, but that melted into a more genuine smile at the mention of a horse.
"I'm an expert rider," he admitted. "Even though I own no steed."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"That shouldn't be a problem..."  Fishing a coin purse out from between her breasts (because where else would a sensible girl keep such a thing?) she tossed it down onto the floor between them.  It thudded heavily against the wood, causing her to flash him a smile.

"If it's any comfort, I think you'll make a wonderful husband."  Perhaps a bit boring for one like her, but for the right girl...  "And everyone in Connlaoth is a prude, so you'll fit in nicely, I think."  She paused, then pushed herself onto her feet to cross the small room.  Her fingers slid over the fabric of his top.  "This, I'm afraid, will have to go.  Simple soldiers do not dress like nobility."

visualspice

Gherrick blushed as her hands swept across his clothes.
"Nobility?" his voice cracked as he laughed. He smiled and shook it away.
"Hardly." Even though he was. "But it's in a name." And a title, though no one knew the side of him that was a true prince. Shaking his head, he looked down. "I suppose it's time for a change of costume?" Though he hesitated as he looked at the pile of worn leather.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"Would you like some help?" she offered readily, and, surprisingly, quite genuinely.  Off-handedly, with a smile, she added, "Believe it or not, I've helped a lot of men with their clothes over the years..."  And, here in Connlaoth anyway, most had been soldiers!

"Anyway, I'm willing to bet you aren't as weak as you look.  Leather should be no trouble for you."  She poked his chest playfully.

(OOC: WOW.  I put, "I'm willing to bed you."  Freudian slip much, El?)

visualspice

ooc: XD lol

Gherrick looked up from the clothes, and at her offer, he smiled and afforded her a soft laugh.
"I am no stranger to armor. I just prefer my silks." Then, clearing his throat, he looked her over after he began to lay out each piece upon the bed. "There's quite a lot here..." he began to say, lifting up a single gauntlet, then looking back down at the pile.
"And what do you mean 'as weak as I look'?" he said, tossing her a playful smirk. "Do I seem so helpless?"
Then again, this was the man who 'hadn't shared a bed with a woman' asking, here!

Ivory

"As a newborn kitten," the thief returned readily, smiling as she said it.  Of course, she knew otherwise, and she had a feeling he would be a dangerous man if cornered.

She leaned forward far enough to lift a simple tunic and pants from the pile of items.  "You start with these," she reminded him, as if he needed instruction.  She wasn't entirely sure he was as familiar with armor as he claimed...  This was a simple soldier's uniform and standard issue, or so she assumed; it was a far cry from those worn by the upper class of any society practiced in the art of war.

"And we shall have to come up with names..."  The sentence trailed off, and she looked up at him with something akin to suspicion...because this was Gherrick, after all.  "How are you at lying, anyway?"

visualspice

"I can twist the truth," he told her truthfully, pulling on the tunic over his head. THe clothing seemed as if it might be snug, but then as it fell over his form, it was evidently loose. He began to reach for the armor, putting on the half-chest plate first before he glanced back up to her.
"Twisting could work, can it not? And I'm rather good at rambling..."

Yeah. That just meant he was a terrible liar.

Ivory

That's what she was afraid of...

A troubled frown graced her lips, turning into a bit of a pout as she thought it over.  Well, obviously, they were going to have to start from the beginning...

"Well, the first rule is...  Don't over-act.  Just act normal, Gherrick, like you have every right to be doing what you're doing.  If you over-act, people take notice and get suspicious.  The story is for emergencies only, understand?  Most people won't ask -- but if they do..."

Well, he had better be ready!

"Well, I guess you could twist the truth..."  At least partly!

visualspice

Gherrick gave a laugh as he sat down, slipping on his boots. "Do you think I'll blow our cover?" he asked, peering up at her through a layer of red hair. "And what's wrong with over acting?" his grin grew wider at the question as he began to tighten the laces.

Ivory

Sitting up, Eliana scooted over to sit beside him.  Rather than answering his questions -- which she was sure he was asking just to barb her a bit -- she decided to address the next concern...

Fortunately, they were in Connlaoth.  Connlaothians and their damned rules of etiquette and modesty might just rescue them...

As he concentrated on his shoe strings, she prowled nearer and nearer to him until her side pressed lightly against his.  It wasn't indecent -- but it was certainly beyond friendly.  Her hand fell to his, and her fingers wound through his as she set a kiss to his cheek.

"We're supposed to be newlyweds," she said with a coy smile.  "And we can't be proper newlyweds if we never touch." 

visualspice

Gherrick nearly jumped out of his skin at her contact. His blue eyes were wide as saucer's as he moved to pull away, but froze awkwardly in mid-motion to stare at her. His face was about as red as his air as he gave a nervous laugh.

"Well, no one ever said holding hands was illegal!" he said, though it was evident in his voice it made him a bit uneasy.

Ivory

Well, she had rather expected him to run screaming from the room!  She smiled at him, looking like the cat that had caught the canary.

"It's practice, Gherrick.  We aren't doing anything wrong -- even by Connlaothian standards."  And that, to her, was really saying something!  "Come here.  You need to learn to look less uncomfortable around me."

Her hand was still in his -- something she had done in the first place to ensure he couldn't escape too far -- and so she pulled gently on it now.  "Come on and sit down."

visualspice

Practice? So far they were only holding hands, and he got a kiss to the cheek, but what did she mean by practice? He felt his palms grow sweaty as he gave a nervous smile.
"But what's wrong with standing?"
Standing meant he'd be a little bit safer from that look she was giving him, and part of him had to wonder what sort of girl had he saved?

Ivory

"Honestly!  If you're going to act like this every time I lean against you, what are people going to think?"

He should know precisely the type of woman he had saved...  She had told him outright, after all!

With a slightly annoyed, impatient look, she said, "I'm going to do no worse than we did last night, Gherrick.  Except our clothes are on this time."

What the hell was his deal, anyway!

visualspice

"Yes, but I don't see the reason we need to practice," he said, hesitantly, giving a nervous grin as he realized he was making her upset. And he was never a fan to make a woman angry, so with a sigh, he nodded his head, rubbed at the back of his skull and took an uncomfortable seat beside her.

Ivory

Eliana looked pleased as he settled back down beside her, like a cat who had just gotten away with cleaning out the cream.

"Because," she said pointedly, "You're shy.  We want to be invisible."  Scooting back over to him, she lifted his arm to wrap around her, letting him decide just where he wanted his hand to end up.  "And a man who runs away from his wife is a man people will remember and talk about, Gherrick."

Once his arm was settled around her, she snuggled into his side with her cheek against his shoulder.

"This isn't so bad, is it?"

visualspice

His hands fell naturally into the position of a dancer, and after she nestled in and he was rigid, he stared down at her with a blink. With his cheeks still flushed, his lips gave a nervous, twitchy smile as he sighed, relaxing only just a bit against her.

"No, but I somehow get the feeling you're enjoying this a bit more than you ought to," he said, giving her a playful and challenging stare, but one still reserved in modesty.

Ivory

Eliana's laugh was soft as she allowed her eyes to fall closed.  "Why do you think it's so wrong to enjoy human contact?  What did some evil woman do to you to make you believe that?"

Because if he wasn't gay, there could only be one other option!

"Besides," she murmured, sounding, perhaps, just a little more serious.  "Sometimes it's nice to just be held.  Without expectation.  Without wondering how you're going to get at his purse and without having to look for a dagger in your back."

Ah, she certainly lived a glamorous life...

visualspice

At her words, he became humbled and stared down at her face, naturally leaning into her as he breathed a softer sigh through his nose.
"I... I'm sorry you've ever had to experience that," he told her, truthfully, soft blue eyes looking into hers. ANd he then afforded her a small grin. "But you're right. It is rather nice to just be close to someone."

Without expectation.
Without worrying they were the ones to put a noose around your neck.
Without worrying the guards would be there.
Without worrying... she'd want more.

But even still, part of him was warming up to her. A girl like this....
He was just glad to have gotten to know her.

Ivory

Eliana cherished the moment, pretending, for just a minute, that she had found peace at last...

...But that was, simply, not to be.  It was important to be a realist, to know what lay ahead and to stop looking at what lay behind.

"I think you've got the hang of it," she murmured approvingly.  Even so, she lingered a moment more before pulling away from him.  "We should go, before it's too late to start out."

With a laugh, she added, "And, besides, we still need to buy a horse."

(OOC: Unless you have more antics, I think we can fast forward five years...either in this thread or in another!)

Tags: