Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Looking for fun?(open!)

Started by Aeytrious, April 02, 2013, 01:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeytrious

The Weal of Thyme turns, and ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legends fade to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the-.

"Oh get on with it! So many stories have these long winded openings! I want some action. Lets step up the narration. Where am I?"

Ritousaey, reluctant guardian of the multiverse, walks down a road through Northern Serendipity. He's headed toward Darken Vei, looking for a bit of a respite from his travels. He plods along alone, on a chilly afternoon, a bit of dust in the air around him from his own shuffling gait.

"Really now? I'm shuffling along a road? I can fly without effort, and on top of that I can instantly teleport myself anywhere in the multiverse, and you have me SHUFFLING along a dirt road? Narrate me somewhere fun already! Make it really fun and I'll promise to be mortal for the whole story, maybe."

We find our hero in a packed tavern in Darken Vei. He's on his eighth pint of ale. So many have come tonight that the seats are full, and many stand between the tables and at the bar. Women and men have come together to celebrate the end of a very successful day of work and trade. A few groups of young mages from the academy are even present. A trade caravan has come through and made everyone very happy and not a few a bit of coin. Friendly carousing and occasional groping is found pleasantly throughout the establishment. But every party has its share of trouble makers.

At the table behind Ritousaey, two men begin to argue over what was a friendly game of dice. One man accuses the other of cheating. "Push up your sleeves ya cheat!" He begins to round the table toward the accused and the other men fall silent and watch. The silence spreads like fire, and soon all the patrons are quietly watching.

"I didn't cheat!", the man exclaims pushing up his sleeves. "You just have a fools bad luck!" And with that he gives the accuser a hard push. He stumbles back and bumps into Rit, just as he's taking a drink of his ale. It sloshes down his front, and the tension in the bar grows. Rit sets down his now empty stein, turns around, gently picks up the man that is now sitting on the floor behind him, and brushes him off.

"You're a bit dusty from your fall. Can you stand steadily?" Rit seems calm but the man is still unsure. No unarmed townsman looks at an armored outsider with several weapons handy without a bit of caution.

"I'm sorry sir. I can stand just fine. My compatriot simply shoved me is all sir." The man spat the words out quickly to try and soothe the situation.

"You're compatriot? Since when do uneducated tavern dicers have such beautiful vocabularies? This narration is garbage." The addled commoner looked confused at Rits words.

"Narration sir?"

"Don't worry about it. I asked for fun, ale down my front isn't fun. You know what is?" Rit grinned mischievously at the man.

"No sir."

"A BAR ROOM BRAAAAAWL!" As he shouted it, Rit picked up the chair that he had been sitting in, and threw it at the man who had shoved his 'compatriot'. He fell into the table, flipping it and knocking over two other men. After two stunned beats of silence filled the tavern, all chaos broke loose.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Alegretto

Jacob stopped playing his lute and watched the scene unfold from his bar stool. The whole situation was eerily familiar...

He ducked a hastily thrown punch from the man next and sent one of his own into the fellows gut. For his trouble, he got an elbow to the face. Jacob was sent sprawling, and he tasted copper in his mouth. After a moment he stood up again, and noticed that the man who had laid him out was facing the other way. Jacob jumped onto his back. The man went down under his weight and Jacob smashed his laced fists down on the man's head in a brutal overhead blow. Jacob returned to his feet, already searching for another target. Sometimes you just had to cut lose, and pain made the voices subside, if only for another moment.

Wicked Basket

A wide toothy grin spread over Gutztomp's face. Yes! A fight! And he didn't even have to start this one himself. Who should he hit first? A man rushed up beside his and smashed a chair over his head, but Gutztomp was unaffected. For his troubles, Gutztomp grabbed the man by the throat and hurled him across the bar. Laughing with glee, Gutztomp then charged headlong into the largest concentration of people he could find, his bulk bowling them all over. This was a good day.

Kriv

Barett saw the fight unfold before his eyes, he had decided to stay out of it until a bottle flew at his head. He shrugged and then jumped into the brawl. "You're all gonna die you little F-!" He yelled swinging his acoustic guitar 360 degrees around, he made it to about 320 until a chef knocked him unconscious with a frying pan. "Dammit." He grunted in his head.

Anadwen

At the sight of the bar brawl, Aldanith immediately backed away from the entrance. He rolled his eyes over, scowling at the drunkards. Another bar fight. Can't these idiots do anything clever? He thought the idea of entering over, but upon seeing how brutal it was becoming, his thin lips twisted into a grin.

It could turn into an interesting show... A lot of blood for him to see, and maybe even some loot!

He sneaked into the tavern up to the first unconscious man on the ground to empty his pockets, when a chair was sent flying at his head. He ducked underneath it, but his eyes narrowed with rage.

Whoever threw it was going to suffer.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp was amused by the look of rage the dark elf gave after dodging the chair, so Gutztomp whipped another chair at him. He looked like a feisty one. Good fighting material. Just to be sure he had his attention, he followed up the second chair with the nearest person he could find. He grinned at the dark elf, his expression reading 'come and get me'.

Anadwen

Aldanith sprung to his feet and caught the chair in mid-air. He noticed the orc that hurled it at him in a matter of a moment - it wasn't difficult to see someone like that, not at all. For a moment, he lingered where he stood, wondering whether he should give into his rage, or control himself and not waste his precious time.

He decided for the second option, and bent back down to empty the man's pockets. Some brutish beast was beyond his concerns, but if he'd get one more thing flying at him, he would make sure to show him who is the more gifted one here.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp's grin vanished instantly and was replaced by rage. So, he thinks he's to good to fight? Fine then! Gutztomp broke a nearby table in two with his fist, took one half in each hand, and hurled them at the elf.

"Come on, you pansy! Show some backbone!"

Kriv

Barett came to rather quickly. When he got up he looked among the chaos for the chef that hit him but he was no where to be seen, so he decided to take his anger out on a nearby dark elf. He swung at him with his guitar, planning to play fifteen frats of pain.

Anadwen

Aldanith threw himself into the air, avoiding both things, flying at him from two directions, which instead crashed into each other, and landed on a table afar. His lips twisted into a bleak grin.

His right hand arose to the air, candlelight glinting on the metal of his two last fingers, and twisted around, eventually clenching the fingers together. In one sharp motion, he pulled it back towards his chest.

Dark magic always worked well... And this was only to bring his victims forth and throw them onto the ground.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp was flung forward as some invisible force acted on him.

"Dat ain't fightin'," he roared in frustration. "Magic is fer weakings!"

Kriv

"Oh moth F-" He started before he was pulled in. Barett has to resort to one of his special moves. He took out his large flask and chugged it down, he then took out his flint and steel. In seconds Barett was breathing fire on the chair setting it ablaze.

Anadwen

The smirk on Aldanith's lips grew even wider at the sight, and he reached after Bloodstorm and Frostdeath on his back, slowly standing up on the table. Now, he could attack while those two were vulnerable...

Swiftly, with the grace of a large predator, he leaped onto another table, and moved closer towards the orc, avoiding the flaming chair. One of his blades slipped underneath the orc's neck. "So, who is the one that wants to fight now? Are you afraid yet?" he whispered.

Wicked Basket

Instead of showing fear, Gutztomp grinned.

"That's more like it!"

He flung the dark elf off of himself, stood, and drew his axes.

"Now. Give me a real fight. No more magic shit!"

Anadwen

Aldanith didn't let a filthy orc throw him around, and landed in an elegant turn on the ground. As he stood up again, the blades were coated in thick black energy, resembling flames in the wind - but there was no wind in the tavern.

He leaped forth after the orc, slashing his blades in a lightning-fast motion.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp watched the whirlwind of steel coming toward him. What a bunch of mukkin' about just to hurt someone. Gutztomp was not one for finesse. Instead, he brought up his axes and swung them at the flying elf.

Kriv

Barett slowly backed away hoping to not be noticed. When people pull blades he got out of the room. When he felt that he was far enough he bolted out the bar. Once he was outside he decided to commit a little arsen, he took some cloth and emptied the rest of his flask some wine bottles in an alley way and before you knew it he had made 3 Molotov cocktails. Barett made sure that no one was around, and he threw them at the bar and ran away snickering.

Alegretto

Things were heating up in the tavern and the fight already involved lots of blades, an orc, an eerily familiar dark elf, and a lot more fire than Jacob was comfortable with.

The minstrel decided that this was a good time to make an exit. He pushed and shoved his way out of the sprawling melee and just as he reached the exit a heavy push sent him flying out of the now burning building through the establishments front door.

Jacob scrambled to his feet and brushed himself off before heading on his way, onto the next tavern. One that was less on fire. A man had to make a living after all.

Anadwen

Aldanith leaped even higher before the axes could have hit him, and he flew over the orc, making a huge turn in the air. His body turned around his head all around, and he landed on his bent legs far behind his opponent. Back up on his feet in a matter of a moment, another hurricane of slashes was aimed at the orc.

Something was thrown into the tavern, and exploded in fire just a few inches from his feet. Aldanith was thrown off his feet, crashing into the floor, and the flames on his scimitars disappeared with lack of his concentration. He scrambled to his feet again, brushing the fire off his boots, and snarling like a wild cat.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp's frustration at not being able to hit this guy was mounting. Things became better though when some kind of fire bomb exploded at the elf's feet and provided a nice distraction. Gutztomp took the opportunity to charge again. He needed to hit this elf at least once before he was through.