Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Reborn in Blood -M- (Pagan)

Started by Zero, April 07, 2013, 06:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Azrael did not acknowledge Valery as she entered and knelt. Silver eyes did not even open as he continued to lounge in his chair and enjoyed the feeling of the brush running through his hair. The girl Raven had brought to tend to him was quite acceptable, he'd decided. For a moment no one said anything at all, and the only sound was the brush stroking over his hair. Finally he stirred, waving the girl behind him away. "You're dismissed; if you are needed further you will be called on."

The cultist set the brush aside and bowed low to him before hurrying from the room, eager to obey his command. His attention turned to Raven next. "I trust you'll take care of all the arrangements for the festival. The cultists are eager to celebrate my return. We wouldn't want to disappoint them. After all, their devotion should be justly rewarded. You've a lot to do, so I'll not take up anymore of your time for now, son, you are dismissed as well."

Raven bowed deeply, murmuring a soft 'as you command' before giving Valery one last glare and leaving the room, pulling the door shut behind him. Valery was now alone with him and he turned his gaze to her, examining her and drumming his fingers against the armrest of his chair. It was almost as if he was studying a puzzle and deciding how best to place the pieces.

"My son has told me a bit about you; or at least, his impressions of you. He has told me that you have abandoned your old Master, a weak and pathetic creature, and wish for me to take his place, in one way or another. Is that correct?" His voice was soft and his tone unreadable. Was he annoyed? Amused? Impossible to say.

paganchick

Valery stayed bowed, her body perfectly still, not even batting an eyelash. That was one advantage of being the undead, the ability to stay perfectly still, not even your heart beating in your chest. She waited patiently for him to speak, not wanting to even allow herself a thought of growing impatient.
Still she felt a fear in the pit of her stomach, was he angry with her, was he going to kill her for his own amusement?

Slowly the others in the room were dismissed until it was just herself and Azrael, her fear began to grow worse as well as her excitement. She doubted he would want to be alone when killing her, he seemed like he would be the type to do it in public, to make examples out of people. She considered that he could possibly even be considering her, that was until he began to speak.

His lack of tone made her stomach twist, the fear of the unknowing starting to slowly sink in. She was so used to being able to read people, but here she could not, she was at this Gods mercy.

"Yes, my Lord," She answered without hesitation, her voice sounding much calmer than she felt. She considered for a moment if she should speak more, if she should offer herself up but the words to do so failed to come to her minds surface. She took a deep breath, nerves she had long since forgot she had beginning to grow frazzled.

"My Lord, I would also like to offer myself up as your bride.... If you would find me suitable."

Zero

Azrael watched Valery carefully, observing her actions and behaviors. A trickle of satisfaction touched him as she remained bowed before him. He had not given her permission to rise in his presence and she hadn't taken the initiative to do so on her own. At least she seemed willing to show him a proper amount of respect in that regard. Still, when she decided to declare her intentions of becoming his Bride, if he was willing to accept her, was met with a cool stare and a raised brow.

"Raven did not mention that, which means you must not have told him you had such an intent. Did he not ask you why you had come here and why you wished to serve? When I am asleep, Raven is in charge, he speaks for me and when he asks you a question you are to answer it as honestly as you would if I asked it to you. When you disrespect him, you disrespect me." His eyes flashed in brief irritation, but he decided to allow the slight insult to slide for the time being. She would be made to understand.

"I also wonder if you even understand what it is you ask. Most Brides were chosen, they did not volunteer. Why do you wish to be my Bride? Perhaps even more importantly, what makes you think you are worthy of being my Bride? Is there some spectacular thing you have to offer me that I have not yet seen from you?"

paganchick

Valery felt the blood rush to her face, had she already ruined her chances to become his bride? If she had a beating heart it would have been pounding. She felt all moisture in her mouth disappear, as her lungs clenched, demanding for unneeded air.

"I'm so sorry my Lord," Valery spoke in a breathy whisper, "I-I didn't mean to disrespect you."

Valery bit her lip hard for a moment as she thought about aspects of herself she could offer up to him, things he would find useful. Her mind froze for a moment, pressure making it impossible for her to grasp at the answers she was looking for, but only for a moment.

"Well my Lord, I wish to be your bride because I want to bear your children, I wish to offer my body to you in hopes you will find it worthy of bringing forth your children, hoping you will find me attractive enough," She spoke, her words a bit shaky at first, but as she spoke she seemed to gain more confidence in her words.

"I am also an assassin, I have been for over seven-hundred years, I am sure you could find use in my skills, I am also a vampire my Lord also I have the ability to read mind, well mortal's minds," Valery spoke, listing out aspects she thought he might find interest in.

Zero

It was good that she showed fear, Azrael liked striking fear into people; it stroked his ego. Also, he had reason enough to punish her, so that she seemed worried about his wrath pleased him. Perhaps she truly was contrite about the misstep, as she claimed in her apology. Yes, she was new enough that he could overlook a few small blunders. Especially if she proved to be as useful as she suggested. Clear amusement was on his features and in his voice now.

"Bear my children, hm? You've already met one of my sons, so you know I already have children, but I'm curious, why do you wish me to father your offspring? Is it because of my great power?" Wanting to seize some kind of power for oneself was at least a sentiment he could understand. He had wrestled control of the cult from his own father, after all. He knew that someday in the distant future that Raven would do the same to him.

paganchick

"If I have children I want them to have a strong father so they can be strong my Lord, the weak do not survive, and I want my children to survive. I do not seek power for myself, but for my children, for my line my Lord," Valery explained, her head still bowed to Azrael. She closed her eyes, trying to force her body to relax to calm down. The nervousness would do no good, it would only make it harder for her to communicate, harder for her to answer him the way she wished.

Valery hoped that her reasons were enough, her words honest. She also hoped that he wanted more children, of course he couldn't see why he wouldn't, having many sons could only make his line stronger. Of course she was at his mercy and will, and she knew this.

Zero

Azrael regarded her for several moments longer, turning her response over in his mind. The sentiment was easy to understand, his family was quite obsessed with producing stronger offspring with each generation. He had certainly been a cut above his father. Raven certainly showed potential, but only time would tell just how powerful his son would grow to be. He was certainly not against more children, Azrael loved children, especially his own. Still, for him to have powerful offspring it wasn't enough for just him to be powerful. A strong mother for his children only ensured stronger children.

So the only real question here was Valery strong enough to not only carry his child, but survive the ordeal? His own mother had not managed to do so. She had died even as he took his first breath of life. He'd had so many Brides over the years, and all of them had failed him in the end. It had been a bit disheartening, but strangely enough, it had been his tryst with his sons' mother, not a Bride, that had finally gotten him the children he had wanted.

"You can get up now. You say you wish to be my Bride, that you wish to bear my children, and I will give you an opportunity to prove to me you are worthy of such an honor. This former Master of yours, does he still live?" His silver eyes flashed deviously, he already had something in mind.

paganchick

Valery rose to her feet, still keeping her head bowed in respect. She let her arms hang relaxed at her sides, yet she was not relaxed. She knew that he was about to test her, like any other man who could have any woman he wanted. She started to chew on the inside of her lip slightly as she waited in silence.

"Yes my Lord, he still lives to the best of my knowledge," She answered softly.

Zero

Azrael's eyes flashed as she told him that as far as she knew, her Master, her Maker, was alive. There were concerns, of course, that her bond with this other vampire could cause him trouble. The easiest solution would be to simply kill him and rid Azrael of the headache. If this other vampire's bonds still held Valery to him in some ways, it would simply be unacceptable to take her on as his own. Rising from his gilded chair, almost a throne, and walked over to her. She was tall, almost as tall as him, but he knew he wasn't exactly a very tall man to begin with. Height really wasn't a measure of power.

He lifted one hand to very gently put two fingers under her chin and softly urged her to lift her head. "You want to be my Bride and you won't even look upon me? Such meekness is to be admired in some cases, but in this it isn't quite necessary. I have this dilemma, my dear. You see, to take you as a Bride is certainly not an unpleasant option, but this Master of yours could be problematic for me. I need to be sure that your bond with him is broken entirely. I will not tolerate a Bride of mine to have lingering ties to another vampire. You can surely understand my problem?"

paganchick

Valery let Azrael lift her chin, not resisting him at all, her eyes finally resting on Azrael's face. It wasn't an unpleasant one, and his body was more than pleasant. She took a deep but slow breath, allowing her lungs to fully expand. She listened to him, and searched within herself, would the bond they have be an issue? She knew that Derek would not come running to her, and she wasn't planning on running to him either, she hated him.

"I understand my Lord, what will you have me do?" She asked simply, making it clear she would do anything he asked even if that meant trying to go kill her maker.

Zero

The thought had occurred to Azrael to have Valery kill this other vampire. Or to bring him to Azrael so that he could watch him die, just to be sure. Still, it was a risk, one he wasn't sure he was willing to take. Certainly he could overpower this former Master of hers, but it might get Valery killed, which wasn't what he wanted. To test her, yes, but not to put her into a potentially fatal encounter. So how else could he ensure her loyalty was to him and him alone? His silver eyes flashed as he let his fingers move from her chin to slowly stroke her throat.

"This bond with your 'Maker' as you call him, if you have truly tried to break it, would you be willing to forge a new bond, this one to me?" He had not gone to the extreme of bonding any of his Brides to himself, but none of them had been vampires and he had been unwilling to turn them. Valery was already a vampire, it did not matter if he wished to turn her or not.

paganchick

Valery's eyes didn't waver, she didn't look away, there was no sign of doubt or deception as she opened her mouth to answer and leaned into his touch ever so slightly.

"I would be more than willing to forge a bond with you my lord," She spoke, her eyes seeming to light up as if the idea excited her. A soft smile formed on her face, showing the tips of her fangs. She was happy, nearly over joyed, it seemed Azrael was going to make her his bride, had she already accomplished the first step to her goal? She was almost in disbelief, nothing had come this easily to her. She was relieved he wasn't asking her to go kill Derek, knowing there was a real danger in that request but she didn't let her mind linger on that note. No. Her mind was focused on the fact it seemed that she would soon be bonded with Azrael.

Zero

Azrael smirked as Valery leaned slightly into his touch. He could tell her desire for him was genuine. Her reasoning was sound enough, and he didn't detect any deception in her words or actions. Still, there were other things he should consider, or make her consider. Yes, it would hardly be fair to drag her into his clutches without at least giving some forewarning of what hardships she might face as his Bride. Being a Bride wasn't a task for the faint of heart. If she embarrassed him he would be most displeased.

"Before I do make you mine, there is something I wish to show you. There are things you must be aware of before I can allow you to make a final decision."  He stepped back from her and waved his hand to the side. With a ripple, the shadows seemed to shimmer as the formed into a pitch-black gateway. It was impossible to see what was on the other side of that doorway. Azrael could have sent her anywhere, to her death, if he wished it.

Those silver eyes turned on her, they were cold and cruel and without mercy now, for what he would show her was not merciful in the least. No, he would not tell her happy lies to lure her beyond the point of escape. Perhaps she would run screaming from him when she learned the truth. On the other side was the tomb of every Bride that had tried and failed to please him. If she failed him he would not be any more forgiving then he had with the others. She had to know and understand this before committing herself to him.

This was another test, of course, there was no way for her to know what she was about to walk into. Would she obey without question, even if it meant walking into unknown danger? With a morbid grin, he could only watch and wait.

"Enter the door, Valery. Your God commands."

paganchick

Valery watched Azrael, her smile only broadening as a smirk formed on his face, was he pleased with her? She almost desperately hoped so, he was all she could ever hope for in a master, someone to share a bond with. He would be someone who would demand she fight her nature, someone who would be able to show her how to embrace it, or at least that is how he seemed.

Her smiled faded slightly as he began to speak, as her mind began to wonder what things she would have to know. She nodded slightly at him as she watched him step back, as she watched the door form. Even her eyes could not see beyond the veil of darkness that encompassed it, something she wasn't used to. She felt a lurch of fear in the pit of her stomach still refused to permit the feeling on her face.

This would not be the first time she had stared danger in the face. There had been plenty of times that the chances that death stood waiting were much greater. She had done many risky, ignorant things with rewards that were nothing compared to what this could possibly give her. She felt her mouth go dry as she looked from the door to Azrael, hearing his words.

"As you wish, my lord," She spoke, taking the few steps that separated herself and the door.

Zero

There would be a few moments of complete darkness, as if she had been swallowed by an endless void, but then she would find herself on the other side of the gate. The tomb was dim, as all of the deepest levels of the temple were. Gold-plated sarcophagi were lined up in rows, names and dates etched into each. There were dozens of them. The flickering flames of torches caused the gilded coffins to glitter beautifully. A moment later Azrael stepped through the door after her and it closed behind him. His silver eyes moved over each dazzling resting place.

"Behold, my dear. The fate of all my previous Brides. Each one of them was beautiful, truly, treasures to be had. Each of them tried and failed to please me. If I make you mine, you will be treasured as each of my Brides was, but fail me, disappoint me, or displease me and you would share their fate. I will not, cannot show mercy. You must understand the weight of what you ask." He moved along the rows, occasionally letting his fingers glide over the engravings of women he had been particularly fond of during their time.

"I will say that I did not want any of these beautiful women to fail their duties. It greatly saddened me when they did. I hand-picked each of these Brides. All of them were virgins, and mortal, quite unlike yourself. Perhaps that is what I did wrong. After all, it was only when I took a demon for a mate that I finally got my sons. I have my heir, I need no further children, but I will be very pleased to have more." He turned to look at her again, regarding her with curiosity, gauging how she had taken what he had said.

"Do you still wish to be bonded to me? Do you dare attempt to birth my offspring?"

paganchick

The darkness that engulfed her was breathtaking, and for that brief moment she had wondered if she had died, or if that was what death felt like, a cold nothingness. Finally though, when the end of the blackness came and she was in the tomb she took a deep breath. The dim tomb was no problem for her, she was a vampire and darkness was her element after all, though not so much as Azraels.

Valery turned as she heard Azrael's voice. She let her eyes follow him as he spoke, letting his words sink in. She wasn't afraid of death, she had lived a long time, longer than any of his previous mortal brides. She saw death as something that was natural, some people were just meant to live longer than others for different purposes.

Valery's eyes lowered slightly as she thought about his words, letting them sink in, letting them register, thinking about them, thinking about what might be asked of her as his bride, what would her responsibilities be, what would he ask of her.

"What would you ask of me, what would my responsibilities be, if it is alright for me to ask that my lord," She asked, her voice and eyes humble.

Zero

Azrael regarded Valery as she asked her question, he could sense something, doubt, perhaps? Maybe indecision? Was it fear? Did this new reality frighten her? Perhaps it should, or perhaps she should have more confidence in herself and her ability not to fail or displease him. He vanished in a fine mist of shadow, only to reappear behind her. One arm wrapped around her waist, gently pulling her back against him, the other hand reached up to lightly pull her hair back, exposing her neck to him, his voice whispering softly to her.

"You would be my Bride, my mate, my student. I would give you everything you could ever desire, and I would ask you for one simple thing in return: Obedience. Absolute obedience, Valery. Do everything I ask of you. Be the mother of my children, please me physically, mentally, emotionally, be my companion in the long and lonely dark of eternity. I would ask so little in return for so much." He had his heir, there was less at stake than before, the other Brides had such a short window of opportunity to give him what he wished, a son, and none had been able to do it.

Now he did not need one, but he would not object to more sons or even daughters. What he really needed in a Bride had fundamentally changed, and another immortal being would make a much finer companion than a mortal with such a short time to serve him. Yes, perhaps that was why he was willing to take Valery, his loneliness demanded that he take someone to amuse him and fight off the isolation his fate had given him.

"Will you commit yourself to me, body, mind, and soul? I give you only this one chance to flee."

paganchick

Azrael knew what she had to offer yet it seemed even then he wanted her but would she forever be able to live under one's thumb. She couldn't do such with Derek but he refused her, if one loved her would she be able to subject herself to their every will. She closed her eyes, her body naturally leaning against Azrael.

As Azrael moved her hair she felt a chill run up her spine, causing her back to arch slightly against him. If he could give her everything she desired, the love, the acceptance, she decided she would be able to subject herself to his will. He seemed kind enough, he wasn't forcing her into this, even when she offered herself up he was warning her, giving her a chance to turn, to back out of it.

Valery felt her breath catch slightly as she opened her mouth, her head tilting slightly, her body relaxed against Azrael. Her body seemed to already trust him, bend to his will without her minds permission.

"I-I commit myself to you my lord," She spoke, her voice, barely over a whisper.

Zero

Time was next to meaningless for a god, and so Azrael could wait patiently as Valery turned her thoughts over in her mind. His lips pressed softly against the tender flesh of her neck as he held her against him. Her body seemed to be reacting to his touch, if the way her back had arched was any indication. That was very pleasing to know, she certainly was an attractive woman; he could only hope she found him as pleasing to look upon.

Azrael particularly liked how their closeness in height allowed her body to seemingly fit perfectly against his. Already he could imagine their bodies melting together and moving as one in a passionate embrace. His silver eyes closed languidly as her voice gave consent in a soft whisper. There was almost a rush of emotion coursing through him. He pressed another soft kiss to her neck, lower this time, where her neck and shoulder met.

"Forgive me." His voice was a husky whisper. Without explaining the apology he sank his fangs into her flesh, rather than drink from her, she would feel cold venom seeping into her. Once he was satisfied that enough of his venom had been delivered, he withdrew from the bite, which had only lasted a few seconds. His venom would spread through her entire body over the next several hours, bonding her to him quite intimately. It was a painful process, he knew, but it was necessary. It would feel like ice running through her veins, freezing and burning at the same time.

His arms held her tenderly as he waited for her to succumb to the effects of the toxin. It pained him to know he would bring her agony, but when it was over they would share an unbreakable connection. He eagerly felt the tingles running through his own body as he began to feel her faintly. The connection would grow much stronger before the process was over.  Actually he was quite curious, he had never envenomed a vampire before, he wondered just how much it would affect her next to a human victim.

paganchick

Azrael's lips made Valery's skin tingle, making her smile broaden as she answered him. When he bit her she gasped, feeling her flesh yield to his fangs. The pain that started though, that she was not expecting. Her body tensed as the pain slowly started to spread, her knees begin to buckle and her mind blurred as she started to lean more heavily against Azrael.

Slowly she started to shiver as her body resisted the pain, the cold, the burn that his bite induced. She felt her breath catch in her throat as the pain slowly started to grow worse than she had thought possible. If she could think clearly she would be able to feel Derek's bond fading into shadow, being replaced with something just as strong if not stronger.

"I'm... C-cold," She spoke, her words soft and forced. Even with the pain she resisted the urge to let her body completely crumble, to let it fall. She fought to stay on her feet even with Azrael holding her.

Tags: