Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Reborn in Blood -M- (Pagan)

Started by Zero, April 07, 2013, 06:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Azrael had a fairly good notion of what was going through her mind at that moment. He could sense the twisting in her stomach. Immediately he shut out his own pain, withdrawing it from the bond, though with some effort. It was not his new bride's fault that he was hurting on the inside, it was unfair that she had to share his pain, but then again, that was why he had bonded her. To share himself with her - fully. Sighing he let the pain ebb back through.

"It is sweet of you to offer - but no. You are my bride, you belong at my side. For better or worse, Ashlar is on his own for now. He will come back, I know he will. Though why he hasn't tried to contact me...surely he must realize that I am awake. I wish I could sense him."

paganchick

Valery nodded, "Yes, my Lord," She spoke softly, letting out a soft sigh.
"Hopefully he will find his way home sooner than later, I want nothing more than your happiness," she spoke softly, her usually hard sapphire eyes soft, almost molten looking as she looked at her Lord.
She took another step closer, "Is there anything I can do to help you?" She asked, trying to push her own mind from the throbbing pain she felt as Azrael's lost.
She wouldn't want him to take that away from her, she had learned a long time ago that pain is as much a part of love as pleasure and happiness. Plus the bond they shared made her feel so close to him, something she had that none of the other cultist had. For once in her life, with Azrael, she felt special.

Zero

Azrael didn't say anything as she spoke, instead he focused on dressing. His attire was a fine black suit, crimson drops embroidered along the seems to match the crimson silk shirt. When she asked if there was anything she could do to help he had just shrugged into his suit vest, a smile crossed his lips as silver eyes gazed at her with a hint of adoration.

"But you are doing something to help me, Valery. Why do you think I agreed to take you for my Bride? It wasn't just your beauty, or your power as a vampire. Everyone seems to have this illusion that because I am a God it means that I don't have the same needs as any mortal man. Until you came here to me I had no one to stand by my side and support me the way only a queen can support her king."

He stepped forward, closing what little distance there was between them, his arms wrapped around her, holding her against him. Azrael placed a soft kiss on her jaw, just below her ear before whispering softly, "Just having you by my side will be a comfort, all I need is your love and obedience. There is no greater help you could possibly offer me than that."

paganchick

Valery leaned into Azrael's embrace, her head leaning on his shoulder, her arms gently draping around his waist. It would be clear through the bond that the two shared that she was enjoying the embrace. This was what she had always wanted, to be wanted, to have someone care for her, about her.

"You will always have my love and Obedience my lord," She spoke softly against his shoulder, wishing to stay there longer, so she could just enjoy his company, to enjoy his affection. She knew there would be time for that though, they had the rest of eternity for it, plus they had the party to go to.

She pulled back slightly, her eyes playfully sparkling, "You look rather striking," she said, a smile spreading across her face.

Zero

The bond made it so easy to know what his Bride was feeling, not that Valery's body language didn't also let him know what her thoughts were towards him. Azrael let warmth and affection surge through the bond. If to feel loved and wanted was what she wanted, then he would do his best to sweep up and consume her in those emotions.

Azrael would have been perfectly content to hold her in his arms like that all night, what was time to the immortal? Pleasure coursed through him at her assurance of love and obedience. Those were the two things he needed and wanted most in a Bride and Valery seemed to be fitting her role nicely.

Silver eyes gleamed as she pulled back and told him that he was striking. "Mm, well I do come from a long line of handsome devils. With you for their mother, our children together will be rather stunning, don't you think?"

paganchick

Valery laughed, reaching forward, brushing a straying hair of Azrael's back into place.
"I'm sure they will be nothing but ravishing. I'm also sure they will be able to at least for me, melt my heart with a simple flutter of their lashes," She spoke, her hands moving to rest lightly against his chest as they stood so close.

Valery could feel butterflies in her stomach fluttering around, she was growing nervous. She knew that the cultist would accept her, she was just nervous about Raven. She simply hoped she grew on him, she didn't need, nor want an enemy, especially one so close to Azrael.

Zero

Azrael smiled softly at his new Bride, unable to push aside the thought of just how adorable she was in some ways when she brushed his hair from his face and spoke of their future children. Just thinking about having more children was enough to excite him, talking about them with Valery nearly made him giddy. "Have no doubt that they'll have their father wrapped around their adorable little fingers."

He leaned down to press a soft kiss to her lips, and as he did so, bells began to toll. They rang through the entire temple as the sun sank below the horizon. Humming softly he smiled and stepped back enough to button his vest and smooth down the fabric. "The festivities will be starting, we should make our appearance."

paganchick

Valery's eyes danced with excitement. She adjusted her skirt quickly before wrapping her arm around Azrael's. She caught a reflection of herself and Azrael, they looked rather dashing. She knew then that she couldn't have sought after someone better. Azrael made her feel what she always wanting to feel, filling the void she had had for as long as she could remember.

She filled her lungs with air, holding it there for a moment before slowly releasing it. She was both excited and nervous, feelings she wasn't exactly used to.

Zero

Azrael grinned as Valery fixed her skirts, they made a very attractive couple. The cultists would be delighted that their Incarnation had chosen a new Bride, anything that made him happy was something to celebrate in their adoring eyes. And why not? Was he not a good and merciful god to the faithful?

Laughing softly at his own thoughts, he looked down at his Bride and the shadows swirled around them. Within moments they went from the quiet solitude of their chambers to an dull roar of excited noise. Two large thrones were set up in the center of a large dais, with smaller thrones set on lower steps. They had transported in front of the large, ornament thrones over-looking a cleared space outside the temple.

Raven was already seated in one of the smaller thrones, while a man in elaborate and obviously religious robes stood in front of the second. He noticed them and rushed over, kneeling subserviently. "Your Greatness, the cultists are eager to begin and they anxiously await to meet your new Bride. Already rumors circulate like wildfire. It--"

A small gesture from Azrael silenced the High Priest abruptly. The cultists had silenced while the man had spoken and watched them with reverence. Keeping a gentle hold on Valery, Azrael straightened, silver eyes looking out over his subjects, an easy smile on his lips, though annoyance flowed through the bond.

"For twenty years I slept, twenty years too long. My people, you have been through much loss and sorrow while I turned my eyes away. My son, Tempt, who was much beloved by all was murdered, and Ashlar, my gentlest of heart, has vanished. All through this you have remained dedicated, your faith unwavering in the face of adversary. How proud you make me.

This awakening festival is more important than any before, you have earned this great reward, and I have decided that the sorrow you have witnessed must be countered with some joy. I know that you have heard that I have taken a new Bride, and I am happy to say that these rumors are quite true."

Smiling he looked from the cultists to Valery, a sparkle in his eyes. "This is Valery, the new divine Bride and heart of my heart. I know you will love her and welcome her as she deserves. Let the festival begin!"

The roar of cheers that followed was deafening, though two people quite openly did not cheer. Raven who had not moved from his throne, and the High Priest who swiftly retreated from them to disappeared into the crowd. He would be too busy for levity.

paganchick

It would take a bit for Valery to get use to the teleporting, it made her stomach feel weird, almost like she was falling. She found herself in front of grand thrones. She turned her head slightly, looking at Azrael before looking over the cultist in their masses.
Valery felt the annoyance, she tried to counter it, trying to send soothing, calm, pleasant feelings through the bond, like how much she loved him.

Then, before she knew it Azrael was introducing her to the crowd, she felt butterflies as the crowd began to roar, feeling the excitement from all of the cultist. She felt a smile on her face, even a slight blush on her face from Azrael's words. The butterflies died though, as she turned, looking at Raven, just his body language told her he didn't like her. She guessed that it was better that at least he made it clear, it was better than if he played face with her.

Zero

Azrael was so used to transporting himself through the shadows that he didn't even notice it, but he would try to remember that his Bride wasn't and that it probably have strange sensations for her. The counter to his annoyance helped some, instead pushing that feeling into an underlying current rather than the focus of his mind, but his displeasure did not go away completely, and as she looked to Raven it might be obvious as to the cause of his irritation.

The cheering went on for a few moments more, then died down as music began to play, there were tables overflowing with food off to one side. A few cultists went to eat, but most began to dance and sing. Azrael wasn't looking at them, though, his eyes rested on the woman beside him a faint smile on his pale lips.

"Nothing to worry about, they're going to love you. Just look at me, I've only had you a very short while and already I adore you." He gestured to one of the thrones behind them as the High Priest reappeared struggling with a large, ornamental box. The priest rested it on Azrael's throne and stepped back bowing.

Grinning, the God turned away from Valery and opened it, inside rested two black circlets set with rubies. One was a little thinner than the other, with slightly smaller rubies. This one he picked up and admired a moment before turning and carefully placing it on his Bride's head. Kneeling and bowing his head playfully to her he gestured at the larger circlet. "Would you do the honors?"

paganchick

"It is not them that I worry about my Lord," Valery spoke with a smile, forcing her attention away from Raven and back to Azrael and the cultist who all seemed to be having a ball.
She was thankful when the noise died down a bit, her sensitive ears ringing from the roar of the people. She did enjoy seeing them dancing, some people were greatly amusing in their attempts.

As the box was brought up she turned, her mouth gaping for a moment when Azrael opened it. She had money and jewels stored all over the world, even a few magical items she had acquired as payment for her work. She would have to conjure the things up one day, maybe she had something that would be useful for Azrael in finding his lost son. She quickly pulled her mind back as Azrael placed the crown on her head, a warm smiled spread across her face.

Valery turned slightly, picking up the larger circlet, admiring the fine craftsmanship of the piece, was was absolutely stunning. She delicately placed it on top of Azrael's head before curtsying deeply. 

Zero

"Is it Raven? Ignore him, he is a sulking child." The Incarnation was losing patience with his son and heir. While he loved all his children dearly, he held Raven to a higher standard and did so hate to be disappointed. His son was behaving poorly, and the lack of respect was about to rile the God into more than mere annoyance. That Raven's bad manners were upsetting his new Bride only stoked his irritation. Still, he pushed that down. This was a time for celebration and joy, not anger.

Azrael smiled as he felt the weight of his crown settled gently atop his head. Looking up his silver eyes sparkled softly as he saw her deep curtsy to him. It was good to see her show such a high degree of respect. That pleased him. Pulling himself upright again he leans forward, a hand raising to lightly caress her cheek before placing a soft, chaste kiss on her lips.

paganchick

Azrael's light, quick kiss left Valery's lips tingling and craving more. She knew there would be time for that later though so she turned to look at the thrones. Both were beautiful and looked more like a piece of art to her than furniture. She looked back towards Azrael, her hand reaching towards his as she waited for him to sit.

Zero

The High Priest had darted in to take the box away once Valery had placed the larger circlet on Azrael's head, and then the man disappeared again. The God noticed him about as much he would an ant crawling through the grass. Smiling down at his Bride, he watched her examine the thrones. They were rather extravagant. Special occasions were really the only time they were even used. Just like the crowns.

When her hand reached for his, he took it and brought it up to place a soft kiss on her cool flesh. Silver eyes gleamed mischievously. Ah, if only they didn't have to be at the celebration. Azrael could have kept her locked away with him in their rooms for days, maybe even weeks, and been perfectly content. There would be time for that later, after the festival.

He took his seat, smiling slyly as he gestured to the other throne. "Sit a moment, let them see us together and looking nice and regal. It makes them happy. Maybe you would do me the honor of dancing with me later."

paganchick

Valery sat down as he gestured towards the other throne, her flesh still tingling, still craving more of Azrael's kisses. Valery sat down as he gestured towards the other throne, her flesh still tingling, still craving more of Azrael's kisses. Her eyes seemed to gleam as he asked if she would like to dance later, she was all but willing, it had been ages since she had last danced with someone.

"But of course my Lord," She spoke, her smile never leaving her face.

Her mind, for those moments, were free from worry, free from thoughts of Raven, or anything that would lessen her mood. She was truly content, truly happy.

Zero

Azrael settled into his throne, looking perfectly at ease. It was obvious that he belonged there, and that he knew it. One leg was thrown over the other, as he watched the cultists dance, listening to their music and song. The sang of the night, of darkness, of blood, and of sacrifice. It was beautiful and glorious. She would be able to feel his contentment, their bond flowed thick with it. He was happy as a kitten with cream.

Raven on the other hand, practically radiated negativity as he sat haughtily on his lesser throne. He too appeared as if confident that he belonged on a throne, but seemed dissatisfied at the same time. His silver eyes flashed in irritation at every movement, every chorus of louder notes. There was cunning and malice hidden in his gaze, though he forced smiles the few times he was approached before politely dismissing cultists that wished to speak with him.

Goblets of blood were offered, first to Azrael and Valery. Azrael took one and sipped from it. The blood was still hot and fresh, obviously just harvested. Pleased, the cultist offered Valery a goblet before stepping down to Raven's level and bringing one to him as well.  The Prophet waved the girl away, making gentle excuses.

paganchick

It took Valery a moment to get comfortable in her throne, it wasn't something she was used to. To be put upon a pillar for all to see, she was much more comfortable in the shadows, that was what she had always known, at least that was all she could remember.

She took the goblet with a smile and a slight nod. She sipped from the goblet, letting the metallic liquid flow down her throat. Her delicate pallet could tell several things about the blood. Other than the fact that the blood was fresh, it was also from a man, and that is was a type of blood she preferred, but, it was blood, and it was delicious either way.

With a smile she turned, looking at Azrael, feeling his contentment flowing through the bond. She was pleased that he was happy and continent, it was all she could hope for.

Zero

Azrael was keeping his attention split between Valery and Raven, only watching either out of the corner of his eye. Outwardly he was all smiles, observing his followers, and drinking from his goblet. He thought that his bride seemed uncomfortable at first. The Incarnation hadn't considered if his beautiful new lover would enjoy being the center of so many people's attention. It was just something she was going to have to get used to. No Bride of his was going to be tucked away in a dark corner. Certainly not one so lovely to look at.

The God turned his silvery eyes to his son as a cultist came and whispered in Raven's ear. The Lord Prophet wordlessly rose and vanished in a soft curtain of shadow. No one batted and eye at it, of course, they were used to the way the divine family teleported around the temple. Except Azrael, who found himself extremely curious as to what his son was up to. With a slight crook of his finger, a priestess appeared by his side. Most were enjoying themselves, a few of the clergy were soundlessly standing by, just in case their Lord should need them.

"It is rude and unbecoming of the Lord Prophet to disappear from the party so soon. As my heir he should be as visible and present for these functions as I am. Find him. Fetch him. If he tries to tell you that he is busy, inform him that if he does not return with you, I will be the next one coming to retrieve him."

paganchick

Valery turned, looking at Azrael and following his gaze to the empty throne that Raven had been occupying moments earlier. She gently rubbed his hand with her thumb as she brought her gaze back to Azrael.
"Where do you think he has gone?" She asked after Azrael had sent the priestess after Raven.

She was growing much more comfortable. She knew she had no reason to be insecure being put up on a pedestal, an now that she was put upon one, she was growing used to it. She leaned her head back slightly against the throne.

"Do you think he left because of me?"