Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Princess in the Sands

Started by visualspice, May 09, 2013, 11:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ne'friss watched him, unable to sleep now that she was a ball of nerves. So after a time, she crawled over towards the entrance and asked.
"What are you making?" It looked like some sort of crude weapon.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Czaranis

Kaneo looked back at Ne'friss, who had still not fallen asleep, and took a few moments in his tired state to translate her question.
"Spear," he replied, "for protect you. Hope I not will need."

visualspice

"You want to protect me with a stick?" Ne'friss couldn't help herself as she snorted out a laugh. Shaking her head, she sighed and crawled back inside the hut. "I'll take my chances being protected in here, thank you very much."
And as she settled in, thankful the noises that terrified her from earlier had subsided to a more distant howl than something local, she found her eye lids beginning to droop, becoming heavy with sleep. And she had just about fallen asleep, too tired to realize that a serpent had scaled the tree and was slithering across the exposed skin of her belly.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Czaranis

Kaneo sighed, too tired to argue the effectiveness of his weapon. He sat outside for a while, watching the jungle and its myriad denizens going about their business, before deciding that Ne'friss was probably asleep. He entered the shelter, his eyes having become accustomed to the darkness by then, and went to lie down next to the girl, but froze upon noticing something - a snake, crawling across her. He approached it cautiously, before realising that that particular breed was near-harmless - a bite would hurt, but they were not poisonous.

Gently, being careful not to wake Ne'friss, Kaneo slid his hands under the snake - one near the base of its head, to about being bitten - and gently lifted it up. The creature thrashed about for a time, but he had it securely held, and left the shelter, gliding down to a lower branch where he safely deposited it. Confident now that Ne'friss was safe, Kaneo flew back up to their makeshift tent, and lay down next to Ne'friss in the darkness, falling quickly into slumber.

visualspice

Ne'friss had slept well into the morning. The sun was high, it's rays poking through the leaves of the trees and fluttering down across the pair in a silent dance. And Ne'friss must have slept with her mouth open, for when she awoke, she felt the back of her throat becoming parched as she made a face and stretched out within the make shift hut. It was only then she realized she had been sleeping beside Kaneo and she sat up slowly, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

Then glancing down, she frowned at the way her clothing was tangled- yet again, and crawled outside of the hut and sat upon one of the thicker branches and began to work at fixing her bead-work clothing. She was lucky it even survive the storm,t he precious jewels were worth much; and were also the only bit of clothing she now owned. Even the pieces in her hair had remained, and she lifted a hand and was soon working her fingers through her thick black hair like a comb, pausing every now and again to fuss over the beads there and tightening their hold when they may have come loose.

It was while she was brushing her hair did she glance over at Kaneo, taking this silent and calm moment to study him. His wings were definitely an interesting feature, and she was still interested in acquiring something... of a similar nature of her own. Be it by a servant of his kind, or other means. And she began to wonder if there were more men like him out there.. men with wings. And Kaneo wasn't half bad. He was dedicated, if anything, and handsome,but even still- he seemed a little.... slow. And naturally, Ne'friss was too stubborn to simply accept it was just a cultural difference rather than lack of education and continued on fussing over her hair.

Czaranis

Kaneo woke up, surprised to find that he had slept for longer than Ne'friss.  He sat up, and looked over at her arranging her clothes and hair. Her strange clothes confused him - they seemed needlessly complex and restrictive, and the beads could definitely be put to better use. He decided to ask her.
"Your clothes...strange. Why cover all? Why need?" He gestured to his own sparse clothing, consisting only of a loincloth and gauntlets.

visualspice

Ne'friss felt irritated by his question and turned her nose to the air away from him.
"It's a show of power and wealth," she simply stated, as if everyone ought to know this, but even she was starting to question the method behind her own clothing. "Normally servants attend to me. They make sure the beads drape proper." And with a huff, she rose. She supposed her hair was brushed well enough. "But you... you wear so little. Some Essyrnis do the same. But they are normally slaves."

Czaranis

"Power?" asked Kaneo, confused as to how a garment that could be put to better use as a fishing net showed power. Then, Ne'friss said a word that he had heard once or twice from traders, but never actually understood. "Slafes?" he inquired, clumsily mispronouncing the unknown word.

visualspice

Ne'friss gave a sneer as she rolled her eyes.
"Slaves," she corrected. "And if you're not careful, you might become one." she said, jabbing a sharp finger against his chest. "Your kind could work well as slaves." And she openly took a moment to appreciate his form. "Well muscled and wild." she said, then turned away to smooth down her garment and gave a fussing fluff of her hair. "So are you going to catch some food for us to eat? I'm starving." Might as well treat him like a slave. He was as simple as one, that was for sure.

OOC: lol she's so mean! Maybe she'll eventually come around >.> but right now, she's such a spoiled brat!

Tags: