Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Second Chances

Started by visualspice, May 27, 2013, 07:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Kella's eyes went to his, then after he posed his question, they dropped to the ground.
"Plan?" It seemed like such a foreign concept- something she abandoned along with her other life so long ago. "I... well I... I just know I have to get out of here. And just get some place far... as far as south as possible." She shifted uncomfortably. "I... I wanted to visit Serendipity." A lie, but what more could she say? That her brother was crazy? That she was the twin sister of the duke of Turgall? All of it seemed crazy..
As crazy as her life had become.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Serendipity?" Alexander repeated, head cocking in puzzlement. "Why would you want to...?"

And then he trailed off, his eyes going wide with sudden realization.

Kella was running from someone.

She was in danger for some reason.

And she wanted to go to Serendipity.

"Oh. God...Kella...you're a mage, aren't you?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Kella winced at such an idea, a hand clutching to her chest as she moved away from him. One step.. then two, her eyes wavering and threatening with tears.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Fuck. He probably could have approached this issue more sensitively, and now he'd gone and scared her! And there were few things worse than a crying woman--actually, the only thing that topped that was being the reason for her tears.

Wincing, and wanting to slap himself, Alexander took a slow step toward her. "Oh, no, no, I'm sorry, Kella, I just--I won't tell anyone, or hurt you, or anything like that! I've known several mages, even!" God. That sounded weak, and he had a feeling he wasn't making this better.

"I just mean if you're in trouble, especially in trouble over something like that, I--your secret is safe, is what I'm trying to say."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Words were words, and Kella realized she was no longer safe or welcome here. She gave him just a brief look of apology before whirling away from him and dashing away. Yes it was foolish and she had no idea where she was going- but now it was not safe for either of them- and especially since she chose to won, she already admitted to her guilt.

She was a mage. So what if he knew others? Who could she trust? And if he knew what sort of mage she was....

No one could know. And she refused to look back and kept on running, not realizing she had dropped her glove behind her in the snow.

Rhindeer

There she went, running through the snow, and Alexander just wanted to throttle himself. How could he be so stupid?! Whatever hard-earned trust he'd won with Kella, he had certainly done a great job of shattering it just now, with three simple, damning words: you're a mage.

And Kella, by running, had only confirmed it.

"Kella!" He started after her, but then paused, catching sight of something in the snow: her glove. He stopped only long enough to scoop up the wet article, which was already growing ice crystals, and then he took off after Kella, boots crunching through the snow. God. A storm was supposed to roll in in a day or so, and while the nights hadn't been too cold, it would grow unbearable fast. And to think of Kella, a rogue mage, hunted by soldiers and freezing to death in the snow all because he couldn't keep his damned mouth shut...

"Kella, wait!"

The snow made running harder, but he was taller and his legs were longer--and even after so many years out of the service, Alexander had kept active. It wasn't long before he was gaining on her, and it wasn't long before he overtook her.

And, without thinking, he grabbed onto her and scooped her up out of the snow and into his arms like a bride.

visualspice

Kella knew he was gaining on her but she refused to look back. Fear pulled her forward and her heart was pounding in her ears. But the moment she felt him tackle, then scoop her up into his arms she let out a cry, a shriek as her arms went instinctively around him-
and her bare hand touched the skin of his neck, and he'd be able to feel the seering, pulling sting of her power trying to drain him raw of life.

Rhindeer

Kella touched his neck--

And Alexander instantly felt it. A searing, stinging pull, like something was trying to suck out his very essence, suck out everything that made him him, and Alexander gave a choked gasp and went rigid as his strength drained out of him, sending them both toppling into the snow.

visualspice

Kella knew that cry, and heard that cry too many times before. And just as she tried to yank her hand away, down into the snow they went. And though it hurt, and she lay there in a crumpled mess half beneath him, she realized, as she felt the bitter cold ground at her touch, that at least she was no longer touching his flesh. Though before he had a chance to regain himself after such a shock, she pulled her legs out from under him, but found herself too weak with guilt to rise off her knees as she peered at him and sobbed, "Gods... I'm so sorry."

Rhindeer

"W...what?"

A little dazed, Alexander blinked up at Kella. He felt cold, and wet, snow melting a little from his body heat, and Kella was on her knees beside him...

Sobbing?

Alarmed, Alexander pushed himself to a sitting position. "Kella? Kella, what's wrong? What just happened?" And then, a pause, and he cast his eyes around in confusion. "...When did we come out here?"

For though Kella hadn't touched him long, thank God, she had touched him long enough to take his memory of the last few minutes.

visualspice

She hadn't picked up to his confusion, she was in too much despair. And she found herself still sobbing, still exclaiming, "It's my fault! I shouldn't.. I shouldn't have touched you. I.. I shouldn't even be here! I need to go... please." And those tear filled blue eyes pleaded with him.

Rhindeer

Alexander was growing even more confused now, and alarmed, because he felt he was missing something, and missing something important! Why was Kella crying? And worse, why did she look so terrified?

Reaching out, he took her gently by the shoulders and looked her in the eye. "Kella, honey, slow down. It's okay. Just try to calm down talk to me, please. What's your fault? What happened? Why are you crying? It's okay, Kella, I'm okay, just tell me what's wrong."

Had he...blacked out, maybe? Slipped and fallen in the snow? He couldn't remember the last few minutes--he could remember washing her glove, and talking to her about her plans, and then...well, here he was now.

visualspice

"Please don't touch me!" She cried as she flinched back at his touch, fearing she might harm him again. And she struggled under his strong grip, more tears forming in her eyes.
"Please! Let me go!"

Rhindeer

With a grimace, Alexander released her, not wanting to further distress her. "I'm sorry, Kella, but...please. I need to know what's going on. What happened?"

visualspice

Kella backed away, her heart hammering as she shook her head.
"It's... it's best you do not know." And she trembled, taking another step back. "Please... do not follow me. I must leave."

Rhindeer

"Kella, with all due respect, if you go running out there like this you're gonna freeze to death," Alexander said, though he did not advance as she retreated. She was already spooked and he didn't want to scare her more by getting all up in her space.

He took a deep breath. "Just...try to calm down, alright? Let's get you inside, get some hot tea in you, and figure this thing out, alright? Whatever happened, it's okay. It's gonna get dark soon, and I won't be able to sleep knowing I let you run out into the snow, alone, with nothing, to fend for yourself against whatever men and monsters are lurking there."

visualspice

Though she knew he was right, she could not oblige, as more tears clung to her eyes. She gave a shake of her head, taking another step back.

"I've survived this far on my own..."
Snow, men and monsters aside. She'd rather parish that way then to have her harm this man any further, or to have him figure out what had occurred-
and she'd be brought to tbe public, her secret revealed, her family shamed.

And she?
She could possibly be dead. Though she supposed that was better than facing... whatever had become of her brother, Blaith.

Rhindeer

Alexander took a deep breath. He wanted to reach out and shake her, or just toss her over his shoulder and carry her inside and into the warmth, but he stayed where he was and reached into that deep well of patience. Just keep trying to reason with her. If he had to, he would haul her inside for her own good, but he didn't want to have to do that.

"Wait until the morning, at least?"

visualspice

Kella grit her teeth, those same tears still clinging as a few began to roll down her cheeks.
Though she didn't bolt, all she could whisper to him from where she remained frozen before him was, "I can't..."
Why couldn't he see? And it was then she began to shake as the tears came flooding down her cheeks.

Rhindeer

Alexander closed his eyes and took a deep breath, weighing his options. Let her go, and have to  live with himself after that, knowing he'd let some poor girl who was being hunted by God knows what run off into the cold wilderness to die or be raped, or...

Grab her and carry her inside, whether she liked it or not.

He didn't like either option. He didn't like the idea of forcing her to do anything, of robbing her of her autonomy and likely scaring her to death. But if it would save her fool neck, then by God, he was willing to make an exception, even if she hated him for it. Ugh. What had happened, though? What had happened that he couldn't remember? Things had been going well! At least, he thought it had! And then, suddenly, all this fear and crying.

He let his breath out slowly. Man up, soldier.

"You can," he said at last, and then he crossed the distance between them and scooped her up, depositing her over his shoulder before he turned back toward his home.