Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The art of the Fox!

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, June 11, 2013, 07:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She's so cute! Love the design! And also the colors you chose :D very nice
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Klezmer Gryphon

And here's a picture of my latest character, Lena Daviiri. I have another pic of her in the world showing off her skills with a sword, and I'll probably post that later, too. At any rate, have fun looking at my newest femme fatale! :P

Klezmer Gryphon

And here's the pic of Ms. Daviiri showing off her sword skills... On a hapless apple. In hindsight, a steak or ham would have been more suiting, given her appearance... XD

Probably the hardest part about this pic was her right hand. It was about to drive me up the wall, and then I just said FINE! and left it in its current state :|

visualspice

Nice dynamic action pose and attention to details! Yeah, her right hand is facing the wrong way but I've done that before XD her thumb should be facing her front, not back.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Klezmer Gryphon

So, here's something new for a change. I decided I'd give digital art a try, and got a free drawing app and a stylus for my iPad, and this is what came out of it. Probably my second or third pic of Liarri, but she's one of my favorites, so that's expected I guess XD

Klezmer Gryphon

So, today, I have three new pictures to share with y'all, which, in my opinion, are pretty cool.

First up, we have one of my favourite characters, the dark shadow mage Jy'aad Helvetii. Once you get past his rather morbid ease of humour, you'll find he's an excellent companion to have when delving into an old ruin infested with undead denizens who would otherwise still have their heads intact.

Secondly, we have my lovely metal worker over on RotE, Ms. Olivia Tulbert. She's a nice gal with an impressive work ethic and no nonsense attitude, although one can expect a little peck on the cheek every now and again if they're a regular. You got some you need repaired or made? Olivia's your gal.

Finally, we have my latest character, and arguably my newest favourite (after Jy'aad...), Emese Csintalan. She's a fair, understanding lady with deadly sword skills who doesn't take too kindly to fools and braggarts. She also loves dancing a jig or a reel when she's got some good ol' whiskey in her system... Just mind the sword, please.

Klezmer Gryphon

Well... Looks like I need to post more art.... And, luckily for y'all, I have some!

First up, a pic of my character Emese doing a jig (or maybe it's a reel, I don't know) in the middle of an empty alley.

Next up, a sepia pic of Ms. Lena Daviiri, brushing up on her sword skills (you might recognize pose from an earlier picture, because I reused it for this one). Unlike the ones above and below this one, Lena is not as detailed as the others, nor does she pop out as much. This was partly due to a less than perfect photo, but also due to my inexperience with some of the filters I used for this picture. Still a nice piece, nonetheless.

And lastly, we have an admittedly non-canon portrayal of Eyiahad, my shadow mage. Still rather dapper looking.

For all of these, I used GIMP for the effects and text, while all the background images are stock photos taken from Pixabay.com

Klezmer Gryphon

My, my, this thread has gotten a bit dusty. No matter, I'll just post some more art xD

Here is another pic of Ms. Emese Csintalan, my travelling sword-fighter, with her practicing her archery skills in this pic.

Here's a picture of a character I haven't posted yet, but will here in a few days (or maybe even tonight if I can get myself  to actually sit down and write). Mr. Rashid Nadjezimi is the current Khaghan of the Söl-Ruhtin bandit clan.

visualspice

The art is lookin' good, klez!
I'm digging the color choices here and design!

Klezmer Gryphon

I'm surprised I haven't drawn this cute fluffball yet. This is one of my older characters, Evander Pelagius Blackfeather II (what a mouthful :P ), and he was a slave in Essyrn prior to him escaping in a crowd at the Colosseum, but he's got no contacts and no job.

Anyway, this picture is the first one I've done entirely digital from start to finish, and it was an interesting process, to say the least. I'm a bit surprised at how well this turned out given my lack of experience using a graphics tablet, but, hey, I'm not complaining!

Tags: