Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Winds of Canador (M)

Started by visualspice, June 15, 2013, 03:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She was taken back when the man suddenly appeared, and she eyed him up, noticing the wisps of smoke off his flesh.
"First in visions of blood, now in smoke? The moon is full and filled with many mysteries this night." Sh smiled in return. "But come, why would a spirit, or man, such as yourself, care for a woman who tells mere fortunes to others, most women of this land who come to me, looking for love?"

Though he had mentioned the beast, she dare not admit it, and simply stared at him challengingly. "And how do I not know the beast is not you? It is said, strange things happen on moons such as these, and most of these things are dark, and your presence only proves what you are, appearing in shadow. But I guess you are friends with the man with the peculiar eyes, yes?" She grinned back at him.

"Tell me, what is it you want from me? Or do I have to wait on my dreams this evening?" For she solely believed what he might not tell her, or try to deceive, she would see the truth at night, with her eyes wide shut.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Words of love from a woman who knows nothing of it's truth," Matakopas laughed.  "But who can truly say on that matter...  Even the gods have trouble decinf who they love most.  And its vagaries are more complex than the heart of a mmortal could ever comprehend."

Matakopas' grin turned genuine, sweet almost when he approached her? Skirting around to lean against the balcony rail and looked up at the moon, his black hair still in the wind.  "I am not the beast in question my dear," he replied before looking at her again.  "No, and I know you question me in the hopes that I might lie and trick you so that you may have your evening visions to speak to you of your percieved truth.  But truth is subjective.  No, I am just the man with the Key.  And in the hall of locked doors, the man with they key is kings.  My crown is quite grand indeed, but I digress.  No, I'm here to warn you about the man you just spoke to.  He is nothing at all as he seems.  In fact the sooner you sever any ties from him the better."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Pao'orha stared at the man skeptically. He was a strange one, and although she had seen visions before, she wasn't sure if this was a vision, or was this man actually real.. so without so much as saying anything, she moved a hand to see if it would pass through him- to see if he was a vision, or some sort of ghost.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

As she reached down to touch him, he didn't move and her hand would collide with a solid chest and when she was near, Matakopas reached out to grab her hand and yanked her near until her face was but an inch from his.  "Believe me now?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Pao'orha's eyes widened. But as she looked at his face, she only grinned.

"I suppose you could make a believer out of me. I'm listening,"s he said, raising her dark brows at him. "Oh wise king, what is it you wish to teach me? I am very humbled in my learning. Some say I take things in like a sponge," she told him smartly, chin out and eyes dancing as if daring him to say something to challenge anything and anyone. She was Saranthian after all, they were of proud people, and brave. She did not fear this man, but would hear him out now that she thought he 'felt' most certainly real.

"Though are you sure you do not come here to know of love?" she asked in jest, a twinkle to her eyes. "I could read your palm for a good price."

Lion

Matakopas gave her a grin in return and released his grip on her hand but did not let go of her hand.  Instead he turned her palm over and smiled as he traces his roughened hands over her lifelines.

"You don't think about love do you?" he asked.  "In fact you see more than what the future holds for the heart of a particular individual.  You see the winds of change.  And they are coming for Canador.  They are coming for you...  And you hope for your sake your visions will lead you to the one who can stop it.  Am I right so far?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Only Pao's eyes wavered, her face remaining a mask of indifference as the man moved to read her palm.
"The winds of change happen to all of us,"s he told him smartly, giving him a meaner grin, one that challenged. "Even I can feel it in my bones. I am not as young as I once was. In fact, it requires more energies to... see." And her eyes sparkled. "But as far as what I hope?" She gave a shrug and turned away, aiming to nonchalantly loosen her hand and take it frm him. "Everyone's hope is different."

Lion

Matakopas grinned even wider and gripped her wrist as if it were trapped in a bear trap. "Indeed all good things must come to an end.  But not like this.  The world hasn't seen this kind of change in a long time.  The world has long been stagnant, a beast laboring for breath.  But the storm that's coming is already brewing.  War stirs in the north, a man works to revive an ancient evil long ago forgotten, cursed as its slave, even the very lords of the Underworld are all in a buzz because this change is imminent.  And you've felt it before.  In fact it nearly broke your neck because of it, Until you had the good fortune to land on my good and noble enemy."

Matakopas drew his face nearer hers and snarled his teeth almost sharp enough to tear off her face.  "I would normally like to see how this plays out.  But it's a risk I'd rather not afford to take knowing how dogged Enzo is.  So I think I'll just kill you now you meddling woman."  His other hand shot to her throat and clasped it tightly ready to crush her throat.  There was a shape moving behind him, one he saw in the reflection of her eyes as it scaled over the railing and pulled out that glimmering balde from his side and launched himself at him. Matakopas released Pao in time to turn around and face Enzo blade for blade with the retractable spear from his belt.  Lighting seemed to spark as the weapons met, igniting the fury in either of their features as they clashed on the balcony.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao gasped once her throat was released. Her mind was in a whirl. What had just happened? And then she spotted him.
"Enzo!?" and looked around, heart racing inside her ears as she thought quickly, cramming her hands inside a nearby, bag filled with blue powders used to make her paints,a nd once she had enough in her hand, she waited, turned, then threw the powder into Matakopas's eyes with a yell, hoping to at least blind him so Enzo could get the upper hand. If anything, she would fight for the side of the man with coin, not the man who threatened to kill her. If anything, the moon's chaos was in full force, and this was something even she could not fight, but at least she could aid.

Lion

"Run!  Get out of here!" Enzo cried out as he ducked beneath a head strike and rolled around underneath another.  Matakopas growled when the powder came into his vision but he would sooner take off her head than to let Enzo take his.  The Magecrafter swung low and  metal clashed to metal.  Angra'arda was hungry for blood and the diamond cut blade seemed unperturbed by thw sheer force of each strike it drove Enzo on as he pressed the assault.

"You're always too late, Enzo.  This was just sheer luck," Matakopas hissed.  "But tonight is not the time you die.  That will come soon."  He shoved Enzo backwards into the house with a blast of fire before leaping ovet the balcony rail and into the darkness below.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao'orha wasn't much one for running, not that there was any place to go. There was her home, or the balcony, and currently, the fight was escalating on there. So for now, she stayed low, pressed to the wall,a nd once the man leaped over the balcony, her eyes went wide and she followed after, leaning over the edge to see him disappear into the dark.

Turning to Enzo, she rubbed at her throbbing throat.
"Do you always have such colorful friends? First they appear in my blood waters, then just as randomly behind me. Like wicked magics." She pointed to the moon. "Though none can be blamed. The moon is quite large, and casts a power towards the natural chaos of the earth." She shrugged. "It is just the way of things, but come in side, let me see to your wounds, if any. If not, I bet your heart is racing and a drink might sooth your nerves." ANd she parted the bead curtains, grinning at him and appearing as if unphased by what just had passed.

After all, it was the will of the moon, but the moon would begin to wane after this, and soon things would go back into order. THough even she could feel the call of darkness that promised to overshadow any fading moon to come.

Lion

He couldn't say if it was the force of the moon that had to do with the fact that Matakopas decided to appear.  But he wouldn't contend with her logic, for the force of the power that the Magecrafter threw at him was enough to cause some severe bruising on his abdomen.  And he grunted with effort when at last he stood.  Thankful for the cool winds to press against him as he limped inside of her shop at last.

"I felt his presence," Enzo said with a groan, wincing at the pain in his stomach.  "We are from the same place, so to speak.  Perhaps that is why I knew he would show up.  Or maybe your moon told me otherwise."  He tried to laugh and just doubled over from the pangs of soreness that electrified through him. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao knelt beside him, trying to distinguish if he had been cut, but saw no blood.
"Here, take off your clothing so that I may tend to your wounds."
Then she whispered something in her native tongue and spat to one side.
"This does not bode well for my senses. I have a feeling there will be much in my dreams tonight."
And much to decipher.

Lion

Enzo looked at her strangely - not at the fact he was told to remove his clothes - but the fact that she could remain so calm after having her life threatened.  She would surely be dead were it not for his intervention, it seemed, just in time too.

He wordlessly unclipped the straps of his armor and set the cuirass down on the floor and pulled the tunic underneath over his head, revealing the long wide bruise across his abdomen where the brunt of the shockwave had run into him.  "Why are you so calm?" he felt himself asking.  "This can't be something that happens to you on a daily basis.  Unless it is?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao'orha found herself staring wide eyed at the bruise, but then looked to his face at his question. She tilted her head curiously to one side.
"Do I have any reason not to be calm? Strange things, happen, yes, but the dreams told me they would be as such." She smiled and gave a shrug. "Either way, is my head still in place? Then yes, so I see no reason to be upset over things that had not harmed me outside of a good scare." She laughed. "If one can not laugh at themselves, or the danger thrown at them, then we we are not meant for this world. I have seen many things, Enzo, and sometimes it is the visions that are more frightening than real life. But come," she gestured. "Take a seat nearer to my table, yeah? I might have something you can drink that will help you heal that up faster, and if not, at least help you to sleep all the better. You can rest here." ANd she found herself laughing again.

"Just in case you know who decides he thinks it's funny to come back at all this night. You are.. quite quick with that blade, yes? Perhaps it is destiny we find ourselves like this. For I've had many dreams foretelling about a tiger, strong and wild. One to come and to defeat the strange things I have been seeing in my dreams these many moons, over these many years. It seems times is passing, and soon dreams will come to us in the waking world."

Lion

Enzo never believed in destiny, but his face softened at the offer to rest there.  He supposed he understood where she was coming from, but he'd too had seen too much to last many lifetimes.  The very ground swallowing bodies and men from which they would never return.  It was one event...but he supposed if he had constant visions of it he would never be able to sleep.

"I suppose you have a point," he replied with a nod and following her instructions.  He sat on the floor with a great deal of effort and peered over to her.

"He won't return you know...he was just trying to make a point.  That he can reach you no matter where you are, or what you have to defend yourself.  If I didn't intervene, he would have had your head.  But now that he knows you're involved with me, somehow, he'll consider you an enemy."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao gave a laugh, one that continued well for a few seconds before she shook her head.
"Forgive me, but I do not fear such enemies. Call it foolish, but if fate were to have me die at his hands, so be it. But I have not seen my death, and I have seen things that have yet to come. I do not believe now is my time to go.. though you... you seem troubled over such things. You should calm yourself. You will not die soon either. For you.. I see a great path, much suffering, but deaht.."s he shrugged casually. "Not yet. NOt now...."
She smiled.
" Now.. wait here, I'll get the lion's piss. It will help with your wounds." And she moved to stand.

OOC: B| see what I did there?

Lion

[Why u mad? B|]

Enzo looked up at her wide-eyed.  "The what!?" he cried as he tried to stand to go after her.  "No-no, I don't need no... AHHHh!"  He keeled over and held his gut, almost crying at the pain, but refusing passage to his tears, and rolled over on his side.  "That...disgusting."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: bwahahaha

-----------

Pao'orha had a good laugh over that, fetching up a drinking gourd from a nearby shelf.
"Here, piss drinker, enjoy."
And then she gave him a wink.
"By the way, it's not piss, but rum," and she took a drink herself and sighed contentedly at the taste. "Good for nerves and burns the belly well. ANd this kind I make it taste like candy." she said, kissing her finger tips with a smile.

Lion

Enzo sniffed at it and made it face.  It certainly didn't smell good and he set it aside with a frown.  "Thanks, but no thanks.  I'll contend with the pain," he said, laying back against the ground.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: