Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Head hunting. [ALE-ALEJANDROOO~!] [M]

Started by Rhindeer, July 03, 2013, 08:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Axieva blinked, turning to look at him with a raised brow. "I believed your powers limitless?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"Not quite," Rit said, "I am quite powerful. The one true God, creator of all things, created me with some, boundaries. To maintain the balance of all existence, I destroy and I preserve. This Earth is very important to the future balance of the multiverse. If it weren't, I'd likely have destroyed it by now, with how unbalanced it is."
        The scenery below was changing quickly, the powerful wings on Axieva's back propelling her more quickly than her previous pair. Rit glanced down at a road he had walked, would walk, that didn't exist yet, seeing a sprawling city that didn't yet exist here. Not existing within the confines of time was a complicated thing, yet for him, it was normal.
        "When I destroy or kill, my immortality, invulnerability, and near omnipotence are stripped from me. I am still very powerful, but only as mortals are measured, for I am mortal then. I age, I die. Upon my death my power is restored, I heal, I return to life."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"One true god." Axieva snorted at that and rolled her eyes. Rit was powerful, but she was a far cry from buying everything he talked about. A lot of it was just crazy, or downright false. But different people had different spiritual beliefs and Axieva didn't have the time to argue about it--nor did she particularly care enough about their ignorance to correct them. She was rather secure in her superiority.

So she didn't particularly care when Rit spouted off that nonsense, though she was intrigued about the bit where he couldn't kill. She cocked her head. "Does that mean you cannot hunt?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"In this form I require no sustenance. I can read time like you read a preys tracks and travel through time with ease. As a mortal, I have hunted countless times, through countless lives," Rit drifted onto his back as he floated beside Axieva, keeping pace with her powerful wings. "Once, when the god of the hunt of this slice of existence was still young, I joined her-him-it, on a hunt for the world eater Sem'hic-Ugnk. It was very entertaining to watch a fledgling divinity battle an interdimensional super being."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Axieva stared at Rit blankly. Once again, he was prattling on about things she couldn't begin to understand, and as always, he was talking about those things as though they should be readily apparent and obvious to anyone.

Was it just because her kind had always been so isolated? Was that why she didn't know these things? Her people had always viewed their isolation as a strength, because they didn't need those filthy, ignorant outsiders except as cattle. They were simply better than everyone else, and that was a fact. The more time she spent out in the world, however, the more silly she felt.

Though she supposed she shouldn't. It wasn't like it was all that important. Right?

She shook her head. "I don't understand," she said at last, voice flat. "What is...enter...demon...? That word you said."

Aeytrious

"Interdimensional," Rit said the word slow and clear, so Axieva could pick up on the pronunciation. "It's fairly complicated, but in simple terms, it means a different world." They hadn't been flying for long, but with Axieva's new powerful wings, they had come far, quickly. Rit signaled for her to land, and then dropped from the sky like a stone. He turned over in the air, his feet now aiming down at the ground far below. He transformed as he fell, reverting completely to the form Axieva had first met him in. Just as he was about to impact the earth, he came nearly to a halt, slowing to land feather soft.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

More confused than ever, Axieva frowned at Rit's back as she tucked her wings and dove after him. She followed close on his heels, as effortlessly as though she had never lost her wings at all, and snapped them open at the last moment to slow her fall. She landed a bit rougher than intended, knees bent, a cloud of dust rising around her.

Straightening up, she folded her wings and placed her hands on her hips as she turned to Rit with a confused frown. "Other worlds? What are you speaking of? Do you mean other lands? Countries?" she asked with a cock of her head.

Aeytrious

A crooked grin lifted on Rit's face. He drew Axieva's eyes to a tear he opened in space. The window he created was a view of the world from space. The bright blue earth turned, stars shimmering beyond.
        "This is the world we are on now. That is our moon there," Rit pointed to the grey orb coming out behind the earth. "This is a view from space. I'll show you." The view began to move in closer, zooming in until the window showed the landscape around them. Eventually it showed the two of them standing there talking, the window beside them visible as well.
        "There are other planets, worlds, like this one all throughout a larger space called a solar system." The view changed again, zooming out to show the earth then the other planets and the sun. Moving out further the entire galaxy came into view. "There are many worlds out even further beyond. Each shining star in the sky is another sun, many with more worlds around them. Some of those many worlds have creatures living on them. Some of those creatures are intelligent beings like the ones found here, on this Earth." Rit then moved his hands and a spiral of earths showed in the window.
        "Our world is the one in the front," Rit told Axieva. "All the ones behind are other dimensions, other versions of this Earth." The window zoomed in on another scene similar to theirs. Axieva and Rit standing, talking. Only the weather wasn't temperate. The pair stood in snow, their clothes lined with fur to protect against the cold. "The world you look at now is very like this one, but as you can see, the other us's are in a different place on that world."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Aaand once again Rit did that thing where he broke Axieva's brain.

Axieva stared out the little window into the universe, hearing Rit's words without really listening to them, and just...stared. And stared some more. It didn't make sense. None of this did. It had to be more of his strange magic, and the other thems had to be his magic, too! Just like when he made another Rit! More fake magic stuff. Except...it did make sense...sort of. In the sense that the sky was so big and vast and far away and stretched forever. Maybe there could be other worlds, if there could be other countries...

Still, she couldn't help but bare her teeth and hiss and the imposters, then huff and turn away. "That makes no sense," she snorted. "We are not standing on...on balls. If we were, we would fall off."

Aeytrious

Rit stepped back from Axieva, and let the window that showed the other them close. A sphere of light, an illusion if you will, began to grow around them. It got quite large, big enough to make a detailed representation of the terrain of the world with tiny little models of them standing on it. They were inside the illusion, and the vastness of it was apparent. They were so very small, the models, completely accurate in scale.
        "This is the world we are on," Rit swept his arms wide at the illusion around them, then he began to sink it into the ground, bringing their model representations to be between them. The entire illusion was done in real time, the actual weather moving across the world, the movements of Rit and Axieva mimicked perfectly in tandem. "It is extremely vast, and we are tiny upon it's surface. This is part of why we do not fall off. Another, is a very powerful magic, called gravity, holds us to the world. That same magic is what causes things to fall when they are dropped instead of floating in the air."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Axieva gave Rit a very strange look, her eyes narrowing slightly. As far as she was concerned, this was a lot of trickery and fancy magic, and though she knew Rit was capable of much, she felt like he must be teasing her here, as he sometimes did. His magic was very fancy and very impressive, there was no doubt about that, and it still awed her every time...but there was just no way what he was saying could be true! How could they be standing on a ball? Wouldn't that mean they were upside down sometimes? Wouldn't they feel that? How could there be another her when she was right here? Rit could make other hims, yes, but she just figured that was more magic and trickery and illusion.

And speaking of magic...

She snorted sharply as he described gravity. "That is not magic," she said. "We don't fall because we are not upside down. Why would we float?" She waved her hand dismissively, shaking her head. "And there are some humans who can make magic stop. I have killed one. Why did I not float if he stopped the magic around me?"

Aeytrious

Axieva was obviously referring to mordecai and adhara. They had the ability to stop magic and psionics. Rit had and would meet many of them. They could not stop his magic though. He was much too powerful for them, and this is what he told Axieva.
        "Those people that stop magic," Rit began, "are not strong enough to stop my magic. The magic of the being who created me is the magic that holds us on to this round world."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Axieva wrinkled her nose, her brow furrowing. This was all very, very confusing to her, all subjects she had never given thought to before. Magic that couldn't be stopped, that held them all to the world?

"So we would all fly away if not for this god?" she said, the wrinkles in her brow deepening as she rolled her eyes skyward. A shudder went through her at the thought, her feathers ruffling and tail fluffing. "Remind me to stay in its good graces."

Aeytrious

Rit knew that gravity wasn't magic, but rather science. Trying to get Axieva to understand that would be a lot more difficult than using God, and magic. It wasn't directly God that made gravity as so much that that was more the way the Universe wanted to work, and God had no desire to change it from being that way. God didn't really get involved in everything anyway. She made the rules of the Universe, and then let the little g gods play in it. She made sure they behaved for the most part, and Rit was an extension of the one here to keep the balance from falling out of harmony and into Discord. Axieva was a personal journey, a project for his own amusement. He loved her of course. It was impossible for him not to love her when he knew her so completely. Even better than she would know herself, for he knew every possible her, and would live out an infinite number of her lives alongside her. It was all such a minor scope for him, a tiny blip in his infinite existence, but he enjoyed it, he enjoyed her.
        "I don't think that will be a problem," Rit told Axieva. "God doesn't get involved in the lives of the individuals much, but I do think you're one of her favorites. There are hundreds of other little g gods that need her constant attention too. Plus, she has a job and a boyfriend that take up a lot of her time. We're just a bit of fun for her. I hear sometimes she likes to make her favorites suffer, but I don't see that being a problem for you, as long as I'm around."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Axieva's wrinkled her nose at Rit, lip curling just enough to show a flash of sharp teeth. "Why would any god make their favorites suffer?" she asked, and fought back a small pang of anxiety at the notion--even as she did her best to dismiss it as stupid. Did that mean if Rit wasn't around that she would suffer? Did that explain everything that had happened to her before Rit came into her life?

Or was it all coincidence?

Aeytrious

"I don't know? Is it all coincidence?"
        Rit's question was obviously not directed at Axieva, as it was spoken in English, a language that originated in a country not of this Earth, in a far away dimension. Well a dimension that was actually quite close. After his moment of breaking the Fourth Wall, Rit returned his attention to his companion.
        "Really, it's not anything you need worry about," he told Axieva. "I'll always be available if you need me. Just call my name, and I'll come to any thread you're in." Rit gave her a wink, knowing that she'd understand well enough, and so would the Goddess.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Thread...?" Axieva's face scrunched up. "Thread of...fate?"

She cocked her head, frowning. She had heard the "threads of fate" idiom in the past and scoffed at it, but she saw now how it fit her own life. There were too many coincidences. Too much crazy. Maybe that's what he meant? Or maybe it was some new phrase she just hadn't learned yet.

Common was such a confusing mongrel language.

Aeytrious

"It's not important really." Rit said to Axieva. He stepped in close to her, all his magic and illusions fading away. He morphed into her favorite peryton mate and gave her a small kiss on the mouth. "Let's fly someplace that you can get work and eat."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Ah yes, that was definitely Axieva's favorite shape. The one where he looked normal, like a proper peryton--and an attractive one, at that. She followed up his kiss with a playful nip on the chin before she snapped open her wings and gave them a good stretch.

"Do you have any ideas? Zantaric has plenty of prey. But something tells me you would disapprove."

Aeytrious

“Well,” Rit began, “we’ve already been flying quite far north of Zantaric. Adela is not far, and I’m sure you can get work as a bounty hunter there. Shall I lead?” He leaped into the air without spreading his wings, zooming straight up like an arrow from a bow. At a great height he opened his wings with a snap, casting a shadow across the world. He waited there for Axieva, before together, they flew further north.

Continued Here
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Tags: