Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Would You Do To Find the Kingdom of Gold?

Started by visualspice, July 13, 2013, 08:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bpltN7y3Vc  Here's a song that inspired this post! :3
Listen if you wanna~ It's a fun one from the Prince of Persia soundtrack

-----------------

Why the hell did he take this job? He was millions of miles away from his ‘beloved’ Connlaoth, boots thigh high in the sands. The sweat suctioned his clothing to his back, for the sun was unforgiving here in Essyrn. He was only a few miles outside the capital, the bustling city full of gold and promise.

But yes, he shouldn’t have taken this job. He had a pretty good thing going back there in Connlaoth, steal a bit of coin here or there, order his men to find more information, this or that…
But when a search came back with a fruitful bit of coin, some ancient relics along with an ancient map, one showcasing the possibilities of an ancient, forgotten city of gold laid buried in the sands of the Moraki Desert... Well, even a man such as Trest could not fight the luring temptations such an adventure could hold. But damn was it ever hot and damn him if this map wasn’t putting him into a speck of trouble.

Ever since he had entered the lands in the south, it seemed all eyes were upon him, and people were all too willing to accommodate him. The funny thing was, he hadn't even uttered a sound about the map. ANd now? Now he was running for his life, lizard scale skinned men with clothing that wrapped tightly around them, concealing all but their wild eyes held with daggers and spears rushing after him upon some sort of racing lizard things instead of horses and he, he  was just about ready to give up when he took a step and tripped over his own boots and fell face first in the sands.

It didn’t take long for the lizard riders to be upon him, their shadows racing over his form. And as Trest Arristaire turned around, a blanket of nets fell over him, and across the desert he was dragged, his body burning against the racing sands beneath him as he swore up a storm through the wretched sanded dust that gushed into his face.

And that’s not all the pain he endured, for when the men had procured him and the map, they strung him up and whipped him into questioning. He was a mess of sweat, blood and whip lashes by the time they were threw with him, and one of the lizard-skinned men shook the map scroll case in his face and hissed in his own tongue.

“I told you before!” Trest shouted desperately. “I don’t speak Essyrn! Or whatever snake tongue language you speak!”

The lizard men hissed between it's snake like fangs and a quick punch to Trest's face only served to anger him as he fought against his bindings. His muscles were tightened as veins throbbed out from his neck. And despite his vicious growls and mean looking eyes, Trest fell back within his bounds, completely powerless to try anything against his captors. He had been stripped of most of his clothing, but they were gracious enough to let him keep his under garbs and boots, while the rest of him remained slick in sweat and blood. Even his hair hung in a long, ratty mess over his face.
The serpentile people looked to one another, chittering in their own tongue before stepping away, closing the door behind them and leaving Trest to rot in the dark of his sand stone cell.

Yeah... why the hell did he take this job? Now he was probably going to die, didn't have the map and sand was still stuck so far up his nose and ass that he was pretty sure he hated deserts...
and here he was going to rot and die in one. And to think, if he wasn't so upset with his Grandfather, he himself, right now, could have become one of those fancy, pantsy dukes; living the life of luxury...
but instead, he kept to his roots, actually did so in paying tribute to the stubborness of his father (whcih he unwillingly acquired those genes) and now.. well...
the adventurous side of him (thanks to his mother) was going to get him killed. And to think, his mother was from a place like this. What a living hell!

CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kaychan03

The city of gold. Why did it have to be in a stupid desert? Why couldn't it have been on a beach, or something like that? Lyr was sick of wandering around in the desert. But she needed to find this golden city. It had some connection to her home and she needed to know what it was. If it turned out to have a secret connection to her homeland that would be bad. It would mean her mom could get out and find her.

The cross-dressing emperor wasn't about to let that happen. So as soon as she heard about this gold city she packed up and headed for the desert, against her intellectual pet's warning. Lyr didn't think the desert would be that bad. She was wrong. The purple haired one had almost died. If it had not been for the lizard people she probably would have. They originally took her to the dungeon. But since then, she had worked her way up. Now, she was just considered a guest. At least, she assumed she was a guest, she could be a secret slave, or worse a strange concubine of some kind.

The lizard people reacted to her singing the way most did; they loved it, especially this one strange girl lizard. Lyr was pretty sure she was the "princess" of the group, at least, Lyr assumed it was a woman. But she couldn't be sure.  All they wanted her to do was sing for them all day. It was getting quite boring. But at least she wasn't incredibly hot and had a nice place to sleep. However, she was growing restless. It was time for her to move on and find the gold city.
But she had a feeling she couldn't just tell the lizard people that. Not with the princess being so lovey dovey. Sometimes pretending to be a man had its draw backs. So it was time to plan her escape. There was only one in the kingdom that could speak in a normal tongue that she could understand. He was in the dungeons. Why? She didn't know. But she made it her business to go and visit him each day to learn more about the gold city and this wacky place. Apparently the lizard man had been there before.

So she went into the hot dungeons. She was amazed at the way the heat blazed. Surprisingly she wasn't too bothered as it by most. Probably because her two pets were flying next to her and fanning her. One of them looked very annoyed to be out in the sun, the other had its usual happy smile on. However, as she walked past one cell she noticed a strange coloring out of the corner of her eye. She paused and turned to look into the cell that had always been empty before. It was...a human?! What was it doing out here? It was a man, obviously. He was all sweaty and...well, Lyr wouldn't think like that. She reminded herself to think like a man. So she took out a leather padded water can. She opened the plug and began to sip on the water looking at the human for a moment.

"Aren't you a bit far from home? You're the first non-lizard I've seen in ages...well, maybe you speak hissy something or other. I know...you were caught swimming in one of their pools. But why the boots? Doesn't that make it hard to swim? Where did the rest of your clothes go?" she asked, walking up to the cell bars to get a closer look at the prisoner.

visualspice

Trest had been so busy lamenting over 'what could have been' that he hadn't noticed the only other normal human approach. So when he heard the common tongue come out of her (him?), it did not register at first as he groaned and kept his head hung low.
"Ugh, leave me alone."
But then after a moment, he noticed something strange, and he picked his head up, staring up at her, his vision bleary and slowly it began to focus. And the look he gave her was hardly a charming expression for his handsome face, for his lips were parted open like a fish as he gawked, and his eyes, half lidded from the strain of the desert and his torture, an dhis hair? Well, it would look a lot nicer were it now slicked against his face from sweat and blood, and his beard was beginning to set in, making his normal 'dashing' stubble make him appear a bit more on the wild man side.

"Wait.." his eyes suddenly went wide. "You're a human!" and he lurhced forward in his chains, only to groan in pain as they restricted his movement and tensed his muscles all over, drawing more blood.  But as his eyes took her in, he blinked, uncertain what to make of this.... man... woman? Thing... with purple hair and.. floating.. weird things around it. Maybe he had passed out and had gone to Disney Land?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kaychan03

Lyr frowned at first when he told her to leave him alone. She didn't want to. He was the first non-lizard thing she had seen in...well, quite some time. Lyr didn't want to stop talking to him because he clearly understood her language too. Which was delightful. However, what had this man done to deserve being chained up? Maybe he had been in a situation similar to hers, wrong place wrong time.

"Yeah, sure, I'm human," Lyr agreed, slightly. She wasn't human, despite how she looked. She winced seeing him trying to move forward and only get more restrained. "I guess I need a closer look at you to see if you're worth my time."

One of her pets immediately flew quickly passed her in front of the cell door. It ordered her in a squeaky voice not to do...whatever it was she was planning on doing.

"Please move Bugbee, or you're going to get hurt," she told her little creature, it reluctantly flew towards her shoulder, and glared into the cell at Trest.

Lyr surveyed the door and pushed at it. Locked, those clever lizards. She felt up the side of the doorway until she found the pins holding the swung on. It looked easy as she gently pulled the pins out. It was too easy. A human shouldn't be that strong. Lyr swung open the door, and she was wearing lose fitting clothes but they were obviously male.

"Careful, you must be! Lyr, we musta go. Not like this the scaley ones, won't. To rot, leave him," her pet squealed out next to her, clearly looking worried. Her other pet, however, just flew around the cell, humming.

She stepped into the cell looking over Trest. And she was really looking him over. Then she finally stopped after giving him a good look over. "Yep, definitely human. So...what are you doing in the desert?" she asked, continuing to stand a bit away from Trest. She crossed her arms waiting a reply. She could let him out. But where would the fun in that be? No, she needed to know more about this man first.

visualspice

Trest was really out of it, his head spinning and his blue eye continued to follow the two peculiar, rabbit-looking flying creatures that adorned the man's one shoulder and the other-fluttering in the air. He made the dumbest, slack-jawed look before blinking and looking over at Lyr. Damn, she was kind of hot. He wondered why this girl was wearing men's clothing. He like the slant to her eyes, and you know, her purple hair did wonders, but he couldn't quite figure out.... did the voice seem a bit.. erm.. masculine? ANd the chest, ok.. she seemed a bit flat but...
wait, was this a guy?

Trest slowly shook his head, disregarding his internal dilemna. He was sticky with sweat and blood nad well...
the only thing he could think to ask of her (since he apparently was too far gone to answer her question just yet) was..
"W-water.. can you get me water, please?" and then when he realized his manners, he pulled on  his chains again, his muscles tightened again as he groaned. But then he gave up, wilted before her as he sighed.
With his dirty red hair hanging over his face, he finally replied to her, looking at the ground.

"Well, let's just say I ran into a bit of bad luck. And once I get out of here, I do NOT plan to stay inside this desert for much longer."

You know,.. unless he got that map back. THen maybe.. maybe he would.

Kaychan03

Lyr felt a bit bad for the man. He was very dirty, but he didn't seem too bad. She watched him as he looked her over for a moment. Lyr wondered just what he was thinking. Lyr nodded with a smile, stepping forward with her water canteen until her creature snatched it out of her hands.

It gave her a stern look, and then flew closer to Trest. It popped off the top, and flew a bit over Trest and began pouring the water onto Trest. "Drink!" it squeaked out as it poured the cold water over Trest's head.

"Bugs, I don't think you're doing that right," Lyr told her pet, who just continued to dump water onto Trest's head. It finally fluttered down towards Trest's mouth, and then poured even more water in hopes that the man would be bright enough to tilt his head back and drink the water.

Lyr nodded. She had run into bad luck as well. Well, perhaps it was good luck, since she was fairly certain she was close to death when the lizard people found her. "What did you come to the desert for? Most people don't come out this far. Do you have a particular reason..." She asked, looking at him. It did seem weird that a human would wander this far out into the desert. Maybe he had a purpose. Though, she couldn't be quite sure what it was.

visualspice

Trest gasped as the water was poured over top of him, but he leaned his head back, closed his eyes. It felt so good. Like heaven. He moaned, and when the waters were directed more towards his lips, he jutted them out and made some awkward sputtering, lapping motions with his lips and tongue, devouring it in and not caring he was inhaling nearly half of it into his lungs. Though after a time he began to cough out a fit,a nd just shook his head into the falling waters, letting it cool and sooth him. Then, opening his blue eyes he looked over at her.
"Hey..thanks." And now waters were dribbling off his nose and chin as he studied her from where he remained, still bound with chains inside his cell, so when he shuffled, the chains began to chime together.

"What did I come here for?" he repeated the question, blinking back the water that still was dribbling down his face. He shrugged. "To be honest? I came here because I was an idiot, and too ambitious for my own good." Then he turned away from her, looking down a the ground as he shook his head, tensing his fists as he tested the chains again, but it was to no avail and he sighed nad wilted against their restraints again.

"I should have stayed in Connlaoth.." he muttered.

Kaychan03

Lyr watched him moaning and groaning as he drank the water. He must have really been thirsty. She just smiled and continued to watch. She listened as he explained his predicament. Lyr watched as he tested his chains. Nope, he wasn't getting out of those things. So she moved a few steps closer.

Lyr's pet flew back to her shoulder and perched on top of it again. He handed her back the water canteen. Then it whispered something into Lyr's ear and she just shrugged in response. She didn't really care if the man was lying to her. He probably had his reasons for lying. Maybe he was an escaped convict or something.

"Yes, I know he's not telling me the complete truth, Buggy but he's entitled to his secrets...I think he might be a barbarian, or an escaped convict. Or..." Lyr began to say to her pet and grinned when she heard the word Connloath, so she turned her attention back to Trest.

"Ah, Connloath, one of my old haunts. How is Lady Geraldine doing? She lives in Reajh, tough old woman. I haven't seen her or Madame Devereaux, Lady Gazille, Thomasina, Doreen, Noreen, Emilia, Lady Santinia, Duchess Vonkempt, Lady Lores or any of my other clients in the capital for a long while. Lady Geraldine was always my favorite though."

visualspice

Trest stared at Lyr for a good long while, completely puzzled at this change of luck.
"How do you know Lady Geraldine?"

Kaychan03

"I'm...her...well, bard? I guess is a good word for it. I'm Lyr Alderez, the wandering bard. Lover of women and romance. Anyways, I perform at Lady Geraldine's home whenever I'm in town. I usually spend the night, or a week or two. She's such a good host," Lyr told him quite proudly. "How do you know Lady Geraldine? Are you one of her servants?

visualspice

Trest was taken back. Lover of women? Was she gay? Or wait... maybe this purple haired person was really a man...
A very... pretty... man...
He was eyeing Lyr over before his eyes blinked a few times at the question.
"I er... used to do business with her.." he said, staring shamefully at the ground. How did you explain to someone you were a thief? And a very prestigious one at that...
and you know, a duke that would never be? Yeah... he'd just leave all those details out for now. No sense in bringing up what wasn't needed. But it was only then he thought to ask, "Hey... what's your relation to those lizard-people anywys? I can't understand a damn thing they say. Are you their servant?"
He knew not what else this woman, er.. man could be.

Kaychan03

"Servant! Don't offend me! I'm their guest. I perform...for who I guess is the princess, at least I think she's a girl. She could be a man. Anyways, I sing for them and they love it. I don't speak their language either. They are letting me live the life of luxury, so I suppose it is fine for now. Though, I do wish to leave. But...I don't think they'll let me, the princess has grown rather attached to me. There is one lizard that can speak our language. He's down here as well," Lyr told him grinning. She was quite proud of herself, for some reason.

visualspice

Trest raised a brow. Was this man for real? Boy was he rolling with arrogance.
"So erm.. did you just... come down here to chat then? I mean..." he moved his arms, rattling the chains to draw her attention to them. "IN case you can't tell, I'm sort of hung up right now, so I don't really think I could use your services of singing..."
Though he hadn't meant to be rude, his temper was a bit short for some reason. Must be the man's flare of tongue. He tried not to glare back at Lyr, but he might have looked like it He was tired.
"So like, got any more of that water or some sort of, you know... key I might be able to use to get out of these shackles?" And tha twas only then he noticed the cell door was.... was it off it's hinges?!

"Hey er.. how did you get the cell door open? Is it..." he blinked a few times in disbelief. "Is the door off of it's hinges!?"

Kaychan03

"I did come down here to chat, just not with you. With Chapawani...I call him Wani. I saw you and I thought it would be nice to see if you spoke my language. Since you did, I decided to stay and talk with you some more because, well, the performing is getting quite boring for them. I simply am not earning enough. I knew you were chained this whole time. I was just waiting to see whether you were violent or not," Lyr told him smiling. Though she did detect a hint of something less than enjoyment in his voice. What could he possibly be upset about? He was talking to her.

Lyr turned around to look back at the door. She grinned as she turned back around. "I pulled out the pins. But...why would I unchain you? I don't know what you're capable of or why you're really here. For all I know you're some sort of violent offender who was sent here as punishment," Lyr told him, crossing her arms.

"You're going to have to convince me to set you free."

visualspice

Trest stared at her a long time in disbelief before asking, "What!?"
He could not BELIEVE this man was toying with him. Was this his second round of punishment or something? He shook his head. "Violent? Pah! Those lizard-faces haven't even given me a chance to get violent. They took one look at me and knew what I had and started chasing me across the Gods for saken desert. Do you even know how hard it is to run on sands!? My feet still have blisters on them and I don't think the sand inside them is ever coming out!"

Kaychan03

What he had? What did he have? Now Lyr was intrigued. She knew there was more to his story and know she wanted to know just what. So she grinned and just moved a small step closer. "What exactly is it that you have? Because the lizards don't really seem to care much for gold or jewels, that I know of. They only care about their magic water stones...." Lyr replied waiting for his answer.

visualspice

Trest blinked when Lyr moved closer. He cocked a single eyebrow at her, then smirked himself.
"Find a way to get me out of these chains and maybe I'll tell ya," he siad witha  grin.

Kaychan03

Lyr sighed, not really wanting to let him out without some sort of prize in return. She went to the side of one of the chains and pulled one out of the wall. He would still be strung up but one arm would be free.

"There, now tell me and I'll let the rest of you go," she told him, stepping back and waiting.

visualspice

Trest stared, and stared and stared, positively gawking at Lyr who just YANKED the holds of his chains clean out of the wall.
"You... you.." he said, his lips twitching into something of a smile. "You just PULLED the chains out of the wall..." and if to prove her point, he tested it, giving a brief yank on the chains tht remained on his wrist and felt them give, dragging the left over chains that used to be hung onto the wall to now pillow into a pile at his feet. He just couldn't believe this and peered over at her, his mouth gaping open as he repeated, "You just pulled that clean out of the wall!"
Was this man for real!?

Kaychan03

Lyr just looked strangely back at the man. He seemed to be in a state of disbelief. Oh silly humans, show a few amazing feats and they go all into shock. What Lyr could do wasn't even that impressive. Still humans were always like 'wow'.
"Yes, I did. I ripped it right out of the wall. Stop gawking and tell me! What it is they want from you and I'll let the rest of you go!" Lyr told him.