Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Would You Do To Find the Kingdom of Gold?

Started by visualspice, July 13, 2013, 08:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Oh the sarcasm was heavy from this one. ANd Trest could play at that game as he began to bat his eye lashes at her.
"They want my pretty blue eyes," he said, smiling sweetly, then his expression turned sour . "What do you think they want? I had something they wnated, now they want information, as if I can even communicate with them... so you see the complications? Even if I knew what they wanted from me, I couldn't even tell them since I don't know their language..." and as he grumpled, he lifted his one, semi-free arm and rubbed at the chains on his wrists. Boy those chains were tight and rubbing his poor skin raw.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kaychan03

Was this man dense! Lyr angrily inhaled, her patience waning. She looked coldly at Trest. Annoyed that he wasn't giving her the answers that she wanted. Lyr didn't want to play games at the moment. Now she just wanted to know what he had that they wanted. It had to be some sort of material item. She wouldn't stop until she got an answer, either. Lyr saw him rubbing his wrists. The chains probably hurt him, but she wasn't going to help him anymore unless he gave her some straight answers.
"What is the something that they wanted!? They wouldn't just kidnap you for no reason. You're not telling me something and my patience is getting thin. I might leave you here and come back tomorrow to see if you're ready to talk then," she told him, waiting for his response. 

visualspice

Trest raised a brow at her.
"And you expect me to just tell you? How do I know you didn't come down here as a spy just to find out what it is? But I know!" he smiled fiendishly. "Let's make a deal. You break me out of this other chain, and I.. well, I'll steal back what they've taken from me and show you it. How's that for a deal? Then if you're interested, maybe we can split whatever treasure there is to be had?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kaychan03

Lyr's pet whispered something into her ear and she just shook her head. They appeared to be at an impasse. She didn't really care about treasure. But she didn't think she would be able to leave this place by herself. So it seemed like a fair deal. She motioned to her two pets, and they both returned to her shoulders.

"Fine. I can't take any more of this verbal dueling. Besides, I want to get out of here. Don't try anything funny or I'll scream," she told him as she went to the other chain and pulled it out of the wall. 
"The cuffs should come loose and just slip off by removing the pin." Lyr told him, crossing her arms and waiting for him to either try and hurt her or something.

visualspice

Trest was more than relieved when the man actually helped him out, and once hte chains were free of the wall, he wasted little time in working at the pins. Though he wasn't anywhere near as strong as Lyr was, he did manage (after some time of grunting and sweating) managed to pry the pins out and loosened his cuffs, the metal dropping to the floor.
He immediately rubbed at his wrists and turned to smile at Lyr.

"Hey, thanks! And really, you want to escape as well? Well, it just so happens that's my specialty!" he said with a laugh, "But if you really are interested in what got me in here, perhaps you can help me think of a way to get us out of this place? Now you say you work for these creatures? Are there any sort of habbits, or.. um, routines that I should be aware of that we could use to our advantage so we can sneak out through the halls much easier? If not.. welll.." he eyed Lyr over. "How are you with just breaking walls down? It seems like you have some sort of strength to you. Oh, and by the way, the name's Trest." he said, standing at his full height now as he offered out his hand. "Trest Arristaire."

Kaychan03

"It was nothing," Lyr replied when Trest thanked her. It really wasn't that big of a deal for her. She giggled a bit as she watched him try to pull the pins out of his cuffs. It was too funny. She knew it was probably rude, but it was funny for her.

"Correction, I don't work for them. I am a guest. Hmm, habits that they have. Well, they get really sleepy in the day during the hottest part of the day and at night they bury themselves under the sand to keep warm, I think," Lyr told him. Actually now was probably the time that the things were going to sleep. "So perhaps now would be a good time to get escaping. Bugbee, Chuggles, into the bag. This could get dangerous and I can't let you two get harmed," Lyr told her two pets, who immediately flew into her.

"I've never tried breaking down a wall before, I might be able to do it, then again, maybe not. I've already given you my name, but you might have forgotten it, I'm Lyr Alderez. But you might have already heard of me. I'm quite popular in Connlaoth."

visualspice

Trest grinned.
"Ah, right, Lyr.." he rubbed his chin thoughtfully at the name.
"So.. where do these things keep their treasure hidden? I'm pretty sure what they've taken from me wouldn't just be out int he open. They chased me for a good while to get it, and every since, I think they'v been trying to get more information out of me about it. Not that there's much to say on the matter, but er.. you haven't seen some sort of cylindrical container.. about this long and well, it's pretty worn and made of leather. It erm, contains what they had stolen from me." Then he hesitated, before telling her. "They think they've found some sort of treasure map." But to him, it more or less felt like the treasure map from hell.

Kaychan03

Lyr listened as he talked about treasure. She really hoped he wasn't interested in stealing everything. She was about to ask when it seemed it wasn't all their riches he wanted, just the thing that was taken from him. Lyr thought about it. She had seen the lizard "princess" handing something that looked like that to the "twitchy eyed" one as Lyr called him. Lyr assumed he was an advisor or something. That meant it was probably in the room she wasn't allowed to go in. The room with the black door.

Lyr snapped back when she heard the word map. A map!? Maybe it was to the golden kingdom. This could be more beneficial to her than she had once thought. Should she ask? Well, there was really no going back now. "Is the map to the golden kingdom? And, I think it's in the room with the black door. But I'm not allowed in there, so I can't tell you what is behind the door. I hope it's just a few hundred puppies...but I'm sure it'll be a bunch of scarabs or laced with curses of some kind..." Lyr said thinking about things. 

visualspice

Trest sort of stared at her, mouth agape as Lyr mentioned the Kingdom of Gold. Blinking a few times, he slowly closed his mouth.
"Er... possibly," though he was reluctant to say it, maybe it meant this man would be more helpful? He just hoped he hadn't just shot himself in the foot with that one. But this purple haired man did just rescue him, possibly saving his life.

"A black door you say.." he contemplated the words, rubbing at the scruff upon his chin. "Well, where is it? And is there anyway we can trick anyone guarding it so we can get close?" THen he looked her over. "As in I'm asking, are you willing to distract those lizard folks from it so I can get near to it to see what's inside?A  few curses and scarabs never deterred me before."
Nor did a vast, hot and endless desert, apparently, either...

Kaychan03

Possibly, that was close enough to a yes for Lyr to get excited. Things were starting to finally look up for her. It was obvious she was already plotting what to do next. She wanted to get out of this lizard place. Besides the longer she was here, the more likely her mother was sending goons from her homeland. Lyr couldn't allow that. So, it was time to start moving.

"We go up, right, down a long hallway and it's the last door in the hallway. I can distract them easily. It's one of my many gifts. When can we start? I'm ready now!" Lyr announced walking out of the cell. She put her hands on her hips and breathed in air and coughed a bit. The air wasn't exactly fresh down here. 

visualspice

Trest smirked.
"Nows as good a time as ever. I might be bleeding and sore, but I think that water you gave me was good enough to pick me back up. Come on, lead the way, I'll follow your lead. I know what I'm looking for, and I'm pretty good with stealth. So long as you can keep them distracted, we can pullt his off and get otu of here.. "and his smile grew. "With the treasure map." And he was smiling like a kitten in the cream. Those lizard-faces would pay!

Kaychan03

"Make sure you cover your ears. Or you'll sleep like the lizards," she warned Trest before bounding up the stairs. She looked around. It seemed most of the lizards were starting with their evening desert naps. It was just these two guards and...maybe some more but probably not. She smiled at them and began talking to them for a few moments. After a few hisses and growls, she began to hum a song. Slowly, the guards began to droop over. Eventually they both fell to the ground, sound asleep.

"Success!" She said rushing down the hall even further. It seemed there really was no one around. She wondered why. Lyr paused at the black door, but was a little too afraid to actually open it. So she moved out of the way, hoping Trest would complete his part.

visualspice

Not realizing she meant to literally cover his ears, Trest went about sneaking over toward the black door. He was just about to open the door when the hum reached his ears. Quizzically, his brows raised, and after a few moments, a sleepy smile graced his lips and he slumped over, sleeping as silently as the lizards.

OOC: lol

Kaychan03

Lyr waited by the door until finally giving an annoyed sigh. She ran back towards the door she came from. There was Trest sleeping like a baby. What a moron! She had warned him, hadn't she? Yes! She had. Now she had to wake him up. Wonderful. She just hoped she wouldn't wake up the two sleeping guards as well. So she went to give Trest a good hard kick to the side, hoping that would wake him up. If not, a kick to his manhood would be the next target.

"Get up you lazy bum! I thought I told you to cover your ears! See what happens when you don't listen? You fall asleep like a baby! Ugh, men are so stupid...all the time," Lyr said half to Trest half to herself. 

visualspice

The sharp kick caused him to yelp as he doubled over, grabbing at his side.
"Huh?" he stared up groggily at Lyr, but then shook his head and got to his feet, dusting himself off.
"Yeah, well, I didn't know you meant literally to cover my ears. What sort of voice box do you got anyways? Are you a siren or something?"

Kaychan03

"I'm part siren, not completely. Let's get going. I don't want them to wake up and see you out! Hurry," Lyr told him in an annoyed voice as she quickly hurried back to the black door. She looked around to make sure that there was no other lizards walking around. Nope, still pretty empty. She hoped Trest would just do his part and not do something stupid. However, he was a man...so she had little hope. 

visualspice

Staring up at the black door, Trest rubbed his chin in thought.
"So er.. do you think it's locked? SHould I just open it?" but before he asked much more, he noticed a keyhole and bent over, keeping his blue eyes steady on the images inside.
Within he saw a lizard-man, ARGH! THe same, stupid one that had captured him from earlier.He recognized this beast from the piercings on his face. A lot of gold cuffs around his nostrils.

"There's a lizard man in there. What should we do? And only one. If that's the case, I could just take him out unless you want to try that sweet, sweet voice of yours again," he siad, the last part was sarcastic.

Kaychan03

"Why don't you just try opening it and find out," Lyr replied to Trest. Honestly, she didn't understand why he was wasting so much time. She wanted to be away from this place as soon as possible. She frowned when she heard Trest say there was a lizard man in the room. She gave him a glare after his last sarcastic remark.

"Oh, I think I'll let you handle it. Since you say escaping is your specialty," Lyr said moving out the way of the door so Trest could do whatever it was he did. She wasn't sure why, but Trest was beginning to get on her nerves.

visualspice

She was right, they were wasting too much time here. He didn't have much of a plan, but what was one lizard man? Stealth was not necessary for this job, so he simply rose off of the ground and opened the door.

As suspected, it wasn't locked, and threw openly easily. ANd wasn't the lizard-man surprised to see Trest! It's eyes went wide before it hissed and backed away, grabbing for a weapon, which, unfortunately for the lizard-man , was too far out of his reach, for Trest had already scouted the room when he peered into the key-hole and had (somewhat) of a plan figured out. His sword was resting in a pile at the side witht he rest of his discards, which just so happened to be near to the door, and far closer to Trest than the lizard-man was to his spear he tried to grab. So in a quick motion, he drew up his blade, unsheathed it and cleaved the spear rod in half whent he lizard tried to thrust it in his direction.

The front, bladed end of the spear dropped to the ground, rattling to a halt, and Trest smirked and looked over at the lizard man who was now stunned. He pointed his sword at the lizard thing's throat, when suddenly it let out a terrible shrill cry, one that made Trest's ears bleed.

And then he heard the same, shrill-like reply come from elsewhere int he building. And he knew that noise, even if he didn't know their language.It was a universal cry for help.

"You've got to be kidding me." And Trest wasted no time, and threw a punch, knocking the lizard-creature clean out. He then rushed over to his things, scooping them, up, including the map before he turned to Lyr and shouted, "Come on, let's get the hell out of here!"

Kaychan03

Lyr had been waiting outside the door and peered in to watch Trest work. She really hoped he didn't kill the lizard thing. That was until the lizard man let out a shrill that was almost as bad as hers. Almost. Lyr shook her head trying to get the sound out of her ears. It was time to go. So she ran up to Trest, not really sure what she was doing at this point. A part of her wished she would have just let him rot in the dungeon.

"That was pretty average as far as seek and retrieval missions go. Are you really sure you've done this sort of thing before? Because...you don't seem very skilled at it," Lyr told him, after getting the dull ringing out of her ears.

"How are we going to get out of here?" She asked, hoping he had some sort of plan. Lyr knew what she would do, fly away. But not without that map. The thought did enter her mind to take the map from him and fly away leaving him to deal with the lizards. She could immediately hear her father's voice in the back of her mind, scolding her for such an evil thought.