Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Would You Do To Find the Kingdom of Gold?

Started by visualspice, July 13, 2013, 08:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Trest ignored her comments, having gone over to the window now and, once realziing they were at least two stories up, swore beneath his breath. But then he noticed a pile of hay, a group of those lizard-horse things down below that the men had been riding earlier tethered to a nearby stable, and well, with the sound of the other lizard-men becoming alerted and fastly approaching the black-doored room, it seemed they had little choice what to do next.

"Well, the plan now is to jump." and he wasted no time leaping out the window, plumeeting intot he air and landing in the pile of hay below. He lay there a moment, the thrill from the fall still dizzying before he sat up, brushed off the hay from his nearly naked body, and ignored the burning pain from all of the whip-wounds that were now breaking open and oozing with blood. UGh, he'd have to tend to those later, for now, he had a pair of lizard-horses to steal!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kaychan03

"Jump?!" But it was too late, Trest was already out the window. Lyr peered down and saw he was already getting ready to do...whatever it was he was going to do next. So, she closed her eyes and jumped out the window. Yes, she could use her wings but that would be a last resort. She hit the hay bed face first and was surprised how comfortable it was.

"This is so comfy. I can understand why peasants make their beds with this stuff...What next?" Lyr asked, not getting up from the hay. She was feeling a bit sleepy after all the excitement. One would think that the adrenaline would have hit her by now, but, it hadn't. Maybe she didn't completely understand how much danger they were in. 

visualspice

Trest approached the kaadir with caution. These lizard-horses were something he was not accustomed to, having come from the north where horses were common. So he was hesitant at first to grab for their reins.

"Well, you can sleep there all day, I'm taking one of these animals and getting the hell out of here." And just as Trest was untying the reins, one of the lizard-things snapped at him.
"HEY!" he punched the lizard in the head, it dizzying hte creature before it fell over, unconscious. Trest shook his hand, making a face of pain. That kind of hurt.

"Oops, guess we're not taking that one." And without so much as wasting another move, he untethered another, a more tame looking kaadir and was quick to get into the saddle.

"If you're coming along, I suggest you do it now." And he looked over towards the gates that were now flying open, the lizard-folk crying and heading their way. Trest's eyes went wide before he gave a quick kick to the lizard's side nad... nothing happened.

"Come on, come on!" Trest pleaded, hopping about on the saddle in hopes to get the damn thing to go. And like a camel, it groaned and gave a few hesitant steps backwards before Trest noted a riding whip latched to it's side. Once he had it in hand, he cracked the beasts side and it let out a cry, and soon was racin goff at top speed through the desert, Trest's whoops of victory filling the air as they raced through the sands.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kaychan03

Lyr shot up as she saw Trest riding away on the kaadir. She got even more upset when she saw him punch the other one. It was just a scared lizard horse. Now she was angry. Perhaps she would steal the map and leave him for the lizard people. She glared even more seeing him hit the poor beast with a riding whip. She struggled to get some of the straw out of her hair.
In a blurred speed of movement, she was on the back of the kaadir behind Trest. Well, she was going to have to steal the map, once she figured out where he put it.

No, there were some things that Lyr couldn't tolerate. Harming defenseless animals was one of them. "Hit that creature again with the whip and I'm going to hit you with it," she told him coldly from behind into his ear.  But she had to grab onto him to keep her balance. She looked down his body for the map, yes that was what she was doing.

visualspice

It was hard to tell who was more surprised that Lyr was suddenly on the saddle, Trest or the beast! But at her words, Trest only growled.
"I wouldn't have to hit the thing if I wasn't running for my life! You have to do what you can in order to survive.." then he noticed Lyr's eyes seemed to be roaming around for something. "Hey, what are you doing back there!?"

Kaychan03

She supposed he was right, in some regard. Still, she had learned other ways of coaxing animals to do her bidding. But alas, Trest was just a human. That type of magic was probably lost on him. Lyr didn't stop looking around for the map even after Trest asked her what she was doing.

"Nothing, you're so sweaty and gross. I'm looking for a towel or something to clean you off with. Did you take anything besides the map? Gold pieces? A towel? Oooh, maybe one of their water stones?! Where did you put that thing anyway? I think you might have dropped it..." Lyr told Trest, wanting to know where he was hiding the map. 

visualspice

"What? Of course I'm sweaty! We're in the desert, and I'm going to be sweating buckets once we get out in the desert and in that sun. We need to find a place to go and fast. I'm not expert on survival int he Moraki and I... hey wait.." he blinked as his eyes stared over at the horizon. "Is that a city? Alright! Finally some luck our way!" and he pressed his heels deeper into the animals side so that it kicked up sand onto Lyr's back.
"Hold on tight, I bet we can out run those stupid lizard-people. Come on, Lizard-horse," he siad, patting down the kaadir. "Get us to that city alive and they'll be as many bugs and goats or whatever it is that you eat waiting for you! We'll treat you like a king!" and the poor Kaadir just let out a groan, but obeyed it's riding, stretching it's neck out as it continued to bolt across the desert at  a wicked speed.

Kaychan03

"Humans...so gross," Lyr said under her breath. She noticed he didn't answer any questions about the map. In fact, he had dodged it. Two could play at this game. She let out a groan when the animal kicked sand onto her back. She had a feeling that was Trest's doing. If only she could punch him out, she would. However, Lyr knew she needed to keep him around. For one thing, she hadn't a clue how to survive in a desert and for another...well, she wasn't exactly skilled at map reading.

Lyr just decided to play the annoying man role. So she wrapped her arms tighter around Trest's waist and held on. She hoped that it was the city. Because she wasn't sure if she liked being this close to him or not. "Please be the city! I cannot deal with your lack of hygiene for much longer. I hope there's baths there. Do you think there'll be baths there?" she asked, hopefully. 

visualspice

"Baths? That's my last concern, but a bath would sure be nice!" he siad, laughing at her and shaking his head. Then an arrow whizzed right past their heads.
"SHIT!" He instinctively ducked down from it, his eyes going wide as a few more sunk into the sands around them.

"Well, if we make it out here alive without turning into human pin-cushions, I'll treat you to a bath if they've got one!" and she pressed his heels harder into the kaadir, the thing crying out as it stressed it's body to go at top speed. Trest leaned into the beast, making himself more aerodynamic as he gripped onto Lyr and forced her to lay against his back as well. Though at this angle, both of them were literally eating sand, but the city was in sight, and that was the only focus Trest had for now.

"Come on, come on," he pressed, giving a few more kicks to the beast's side.

By then, they had finally made it to the outskirts of the city, their kaadir groaning as it whizzed past a series of merchants entering in small caravans to the large city. And straight into the frey of a market place the pair went as Trest let out a cry of alarm as their kaadir would not stop and it kept on going at top speed through the center of the market.
"Great, where are the brakes on this thing!?" he shouted, before shielding his face as he, Lyr and the kaadir crashed right into a laundry tent, and became entangled in a series of colorful underwear, dresses, and sheets.

A moment later, Trest was poking his head up from the pile, spitting for breath. He glanced aroun, his body now curled beneath a sheet as their kaadir groaned and shook itself loose from a clothe and woman's brassiere that was latched onto the horns upon his head.
"Think we lost them?" But no sooner did he say it did he spot the lizard-people entering into the town. And a crowd had already begun to gather around both he and Lyr and their pile of laundry.
"Shit."

Gritting his teeth, Trest scrambled to get out of the pile of clothing, but it seemed as if thy were surrounded, for coming on the other direction were the town guards. Thinking quick, he looked down at a flashing red dress and sari laying at his feet, and wasted no time throwing on the dress and swathing a clothe around his face. He might have looked ridiculous, cross-dressing in red, but at least his identity was hidden.. for now.

"Come on, pick up some clothes and get on a disguise," he said, pulling downt he veil from his face to bark the order at her before securing the clothe back to where it once was. then elbowed Lyr lightly before pointing to an allyway. "And we can sneak off through there, come on!"

Kaychan03

"I think the bath should be the most of your concern," Lyr replied, not intending to sound rude. Still, Trest bothered her for some reason. She didn't completely understand it. Just thinking about him mad her angry. When an arrow whizzed by her head she wasn't really that sure what to do. Trest apparently knew what he was doing, however, it meant she was really close to the sand. Lyr was not pleased, at all.

"Ahh" Lyr exclaimed as they ran into a laundry tent. When she managed to get up she was covered in a bunch of women's clothing. Some of it was actually quite nice. Before Lyr could answer, it was clear they hadn't lost the lizard men. Lyr looked down at the clothing then back up at Trest as he told her to put on a disguise. She wasn't so sure about wearing women's clothing. There was really no option, though, so she tossed on a dress and a veil and followed along after Trest.

"Lead on, Trest," Lyr told him, hoping he really knew what he was doing. Because she was feeling bit scared. She thought once they reached the city the lizard men would stop.

visualspice

"Come on, keep up!" he shouted back to her, peering over his fringed veil towards the approaching lizard-men. Without thinking, he grabbed onto Lyr's hand and yanked her along, dragging her down the back allyway's until they were in a more secluded portion of the city.

"I think we might have lost them," he said, but still continued to look cautiously around, having already released his hold on Lyr's hand.

OOC: Sorry post is short but HRNNGH, I am tired lol

Kaychan03

Lyr stared at his hand the whole time they were walking through the alleyway. She hadn't really ever held hands with a man before. So she stared at it the whole time. Lyr only came to her senses when Trest announced they might have lost the lizard men.

"Good. I don't think they'll stay in the city for too long. They need to sleep at night in the sand. So...when the sun goes down we should be free," Lyr told Trest, rubbing the hand he had been holding of hers against her stolen dress. "Drag really doesn't suit you..." she made a face looking at him in his new attire.

visualspice

Trest nodded at Lyr's assessment about the lizard-folk.
"That's good to know something will come good from the dark. This place becomes quite freezing when the sun goes down, and is wretchedly hot when it's up. Come on."
And then at Lyr's comment about his attire, he pulled the veil down for a brief moment to flash a gri her way. Once the veil was secured back over his facea nd nose, and batted his eyes.
"I don't know, I thought the red brought out the blue in my eyes."

Kaychan03

Freezing?! How was Lyr going to survive freezing cold? She was quite adapt to surviving brutal heat. But brutal cold? No. That wasn't something she was quite prepared for. The lizard folks always sent her to this special underground chamber during the night time, so she had never felt how cold it was. Now she was worried. They needed to find an inn or something!

She smirked at his joke, but quickly remembered she didn't like him so she put her frown back on. "Umm...what did you do for the cold? I'm not...really built for cold weather. I don't have any frost giant blood in me, unfortunately. You don't look particularly Connloathian, by the way. How do you know so much about the desert?!" she asked, curiously. Though, she didn't' know why she was so curious about him. Since she really didn't like him.

visualspice

"Well, my mother was Essyrnian," he said with a shrug. "So I learned a thing or two about it from her. So when I traveled here, I was well prepared, though it is always a shock to go from scorching hot temperatures during the day, to where it's cold enough you can see your breath at night."
He shook his head.
"In the wild,y ou have to build a fire or layer up, but here in town, the weather isn't as drastic, however, if we can procure a room at a local inn, that might be wise, being as this city is large and I doubt those lizard-faces have enough resources to keep chasing us through a city this large."

Or so at least he hoped!

Kaychan03

"So...you're a half....human? Not human...but...half...one thing and half another?" Lyr asked, a little perplexed. She wasn't sure whether Trest was Essyrian then...or whatever it was his father was. That meant he was sort of like her. Interesting...well without the magic blood.

"I don't know how to set a fire. That's what dragons are for, fire ones at least," she replied to Trest. "Do you have money? Or am I going to have to trade something for the inn?" She asked. She didn't want to trade any of her stuff.

visualspice

"Well, I had money on me, but if I had to guess, those lizard-faces probably robbed me of everything. Thankfully we got the map," he said with a broad grin, one hand gripping onto his wrapped dress to keep his body and face still hidden from sight so he could play off the role as being a woman...
Too bad he looked awkwardly tall to be a woman, and a rather stocky woman indeed. So the pair of them got a few awkward stares when they were walking down a path way leading to a market.

"Perhaps we can find some things to barter with. But here.." Trest paused in the middle of the alley way, pulling down his veil as he bent over and began to search his bag.
"What do you know..' he siad, a grin stretching across his lips. "I've still got my daggers and sword in here." ANd he continued to rummage through, smirking as he caught a few other little trinkets.
"Looks like they kept my things all together." he stared for a moment at the gold ring baring his family's crest... perhaps they could sell that for money. However... it was his only ties and proof of who he was and what he was. He wans't sure if he was ready to give that up just yet, and they werne't in too dire straight just yet.

Kaychan03

Lyr giggled as people stared awkwardly at Trest. It was too funny. She made sure not to laugh too loudly to draw suspicion but it was funny. When he paused to look in his bag, Lyr looked over his shoulder to see what he was looking at. So this must be where he was keeping the map. However, she could do a ditch now. She was too deep in.

Oh, good! He had items for bartering. That mean she wouldn't have to give up any of her things. Bugbee was always telling her to get rid of things. But she never wanted to. She liked holding onto things. Especially, expensive shiny things.

"Ooh, what's that?!" Lyr exclaimed, her hand diving down to try and snatch up the ring, just too look at it. It looked interesting, and it had some sort of fancy drawings on it. Maybe it had magical properties of some kind. Lyr hoped so.

visualspice

"Ack!" Trest was caught off guard and dropped the ring, it falling into a twirl within the sands.

OOC: lol sorry for the short post but... looool
feel free to have Lyr pick it up and look at the shinies XD

Kaychan03

Lyr watched as Trest dropped the ring. Immediately she ran to pick it up. Once she scooped it up, she immediately began to inspect it. It had a crest! Did Trest steal this, she thought to herself as she glanced over at him suspiciously. Yes, he definitely stole this. Only nobles and royals had rings like these. She looked back at Trest, looking him over very carefully. Nope, he was too messy to be a highborn. Therefore the ring was stolen at least Lyr concluded that.

"Who did you steal this from? It's nice, real too. I don't think it has any magical properties, though," Lyr told him, sliding it onto her ring finger. She brought it back up to her face, trying to get a closer look at it, as if to understand it more.