Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Would You Do To Find the Kingdom of Gold?

Started by visualspice, July 13, 2013, 08:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Why don't we play the game where we list all of the things we hate about Lyr," Trest suggested off the cuff, saying nothing more or nothing less. It was too easy to let himself fall prey to this childish game.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kaychan03

Lyr looked suspiciously over at Trest how did he know about the "Lyr fails everyday" game? She was sure her brothers were the only ones that knew about that game since they invented it. So how did he know? " I used to play that game against my brothers. They always made me cry. So we can't play that. The Trest game is more fun." Lyr explained.

visualspice

Trest quirked a brow at Lyr.
"That.. hardly seems fair.." he said and gave a roll of his eyes as he turned to keep his back to her, eyes on the caravan moving before them. "No wonder they tormented you." And the last part was muttered beneath his breath. She was probably just as mean to her brothers as she was to him! It was no wonder this 'man' wasn't married, or anything of the sort. 'He' was simply trying!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kaychan03

"It's perfectly fair. If you weren't being such a baby we could play a different game." Lyr replied. Trest wasn't being very fun. He didn't seem to like any of the games she chose. "Are we almost there?" Lyr asked knowing they were days away from anywhere.

visualspice

Trest rolled his eyes and muttered, "Sure, and hurting someone else's feelings are better than your own." He shot her a glare,t hen sighed miserably as he looked away from her.
"And no, we've hardly even begun."

Kaychan03

Lyr groaned as she looked over at Trest. Why did this quest have to take so long? They were just going to ride, sleep, ride, sleep ride. Lyr was hoping something exciting would happen to quell her boredom. Though, whenever she wished for something exciting, something bad and unwanted tended to happen.
"Can't you at least give me something to do? I'm dying up here..." she told Trest, slouching down into the camel.

visualspice

Leave it to Lyr to ask Trest to come up with a solution to her boredom. Rolling his eyes, he shook his head, but noticed a few stray rocks on the trail. Scooping one up, he handed it to her.
"Here, maybe you can sing or dance to this rock or something. Give it a name or dress it up or something, I dunno. But I'm sure you can figure out a way to be creative with it."

Kaychan03

Lyr snatched the rock out of Trest's hands, with a slight glare. She looked it over, and the thought entered her mind to toss it at his head. No, she couldn't do that. That would be too mean. Besides she could really hurt him if she did that. Why couldn't Trest be made of stronger, less humany stuff? Lyr turned the rock over in her hands a few times then smirked. Immediately she began pulling items out of her bag and gluing/pinning them enthusiastically to the rock.

"How are you not bored? What's your secret?" she asked as she continued to pin things to the rock. Art was never really her strength.

visualspice

Trest sighed and continued to lead the camel.
"Let's just say I've done a lot of traveling," he grumbled, though as his eyes took in the caravan moving before them, he sighed. "This is going to be a very, very long trip."

The hours went by, and finally the entire place settled in for the night. A fire was lit and tents erected, though with a growing wind coming from the West, the men found some of themselves without a tent anymore as the winds up and took them away. Trest shook his head, keeping their own tent down and going outside to get a face full of sad as he went to renail the spikes back into the ground. He'd have to do this a dozen more times before morning, but at least it would give the pair some reprieve from the nasty sand storm settling in.

Peering over at Lyr, he gave a sigh and noticed their small fire was going out as he brushed away at all fo the sand clinging to his face and hair. He even gave a good scratch to his arm pit and back- Damn this sand was itchy and sticking to him all over!

"Keep stoking the fire. We can't let it go out, or we'll be eating raw food tonight. I bought some fresh meat from one of the other men, so if you wouldn't mind, I'd prefer to eat my rabbit cooked tonight, not raw."

Kaychan03

The time seemed to pass by slower than usual. She had been ready for it to be night many hours earlier. She became cold shortly after the sun set and was snuggled up in her blankets when the wind started. She could hear the sand scraping against the side of the tent. This was no good. When Trest walked back into the tent he was covered in sand. She would laugh, but she was cold. Lyr wasn't completely sure what stoking the fire meant. So she just took the stick he had given her and poked at it, hoping she was doing it right.

"Raw meat will make you sick. Rabbit?! How can we eat rabbit?! The poor animal..." Lyr immediately felt bad that an animal had to die for them to eat. But she was hungry and would have to choose whether to eat or go hungry. She already knew she was going to choose to eat it and deal with the guilt later.

"Do these sand storms happen every night?"

visualspice

Trest spat out some gritty sands from inside his mouth and frowned at her while he was working at rubbing sand from his face.
"Ugh, I'm going to be tasting sand all weak," he griped. Moving towards the fire, he gestured for her to help. "Here, fetch me that knife over there. The rabbit will cook faster if we cut it, first."
And at her question, he shook his head and shrugged.
"I wouldn't know."A nd his eyes met to hers. "I'm not from around here, remember?"

Kaychan03

Lyr looked at Trest for a long while. "Still, if you're traveling around here shouldn't you know? Why can't someone here have weather magic? That would fix this storm up quickly..."

Lyr slowly got up, making sure to keep her blob of blankets wrapped around her. She slowly waddled over to the knife, and she stared at it for a few moments. Moving even slower than before she picked it up. She held it outwards as though it were carrying some sort of disease. She continued to hold it outwards waiting for Trest to take it. There was no way she could cut up some sort of rabbit meat. It was too wrong for her to do.

visualspice

Trest quirked a brow.
"A bit cold, are ya?" and he accepted the knife and moved, his back to Lyr as he began to carve the meat. Placing the cuts over the fire's coals, he shook his head. "And weather magic.. yeah that's all we need. And then the mage can make it snow in the desert." He poked the rabbit meat with his knife, and the meat popped and sizzled, and soon the tent was filled with it's delicious smells.

He licked some of the blood from his finger nails before using some of their water to rinse his hands off. Then, drying his hands off on his pants, he turned to Lyr.
"Food should be ready soon. The fire's pretty hot." ANd after cleaning his knife, he began to stab up and place the cooked meat into two dishes for them- and handing Lyr her portion he grinned.
"There, fire-grilled rabbit. Enjoy."

Kaychan03

"That's not a bad idea. Then it will be cold when we have to travel in that awful heat!" Lyr was saddened that there were no weather mages with them. They could have had such a pleasant journey had there been. But it seemed weather mages probably wouldn't dwell this far into the middle of nowhere.

Her eyes went down to the sizzling rabbit meat. It made her sad watching it roast. But her stomach was hungry and she needed to eat. She wrinkled her nose when Trest wiped the water onto his pants. He really need a rag or something. Clothing wasn't meant to be used as a water rag. When Trest handed her the food she stared at it sadly.

She took a bite and it tasted good. But she couldn't stop a few tears from falling down her face. Soon her tears were beginning to downpour. It just made her so sad to eat this poor little creature. Maybe if it had been some awful criminal this would be fine, but she doubted it was. 

visualspice

Trest had just popped a delicious, sweet juicy piece of roasted rabbit into his mouth and was practically moaning over how good it was- when he noticed Lyr's demeanor and blinked.
Having not swallowed his food, he spoke through a mouth full of rabbit.
"What? You think it tastes that bad?"

Kaychan03

"No, it's not that. It tastes fine. I'm not supposed to eat meat from innocent creatures..." Lyr said continuing to eat and sob at the same time. "If I do something terrible is supposed to happen..." Lyr wished that she hadn't eaten the rabbit, but it was too late. Almost all of the food was gone.

visualspice

Trest raised a brow at her.
"Um... ok.... look, if it gives you bad indigestion, I'm sure one of the men here might have something for your diarrhea ass. Just... if it does happen, could you take care of that outside? I'd rather not have to smell shit all night, thank you very much. Though if you fart all night, I might have to ask you to sleep outside, too. I'm sure the camel wouldn't mind the company."

Ooc: oh Trest... such a man with words!

Kaychan03

Lyr tossed the empty plate at Trest's feet, angrily as she stood up. She was not going to have indigestion. "That's not what's going to happen, its worse! The gods are going to know and something terrible will happen. Like, I might get severely injured by an innocent creature in the future. The rabbit will find a way to exact his revenge...I'm too pretty to have horrible bowels!" Lyr raged at Trest, angry at him for suggesting that she might contract some sort of ailment. She was a princess...prince! Things like that didn't happen to royalty, right?

OOC: Lol, she really deserves those comments, though xD

visualspice

Trest just blinked, and stared at Lyr as she raged. But as she was obviously extremely upset over this, the man doubled over, not even able to finish his own food as he laughed and laughed.
"Ahahaha, that's a good one, Lyr. Too pretty for horrible bowels. AHAHAHAHA!" And he was laughing so hard, now HE was crying!

OOC: She's probably rethinking that crush on him now loool

Kaychan03

This was no laughing matter! Lyr stared at Trest, unsure whether she wanted to punch him or not. He was so...barbaric? Maybe that was a good term for him. His manners and personal hygiene were a bit appalling. She didn't like him laughing at her. It wasn't funny.

"Trest! You're a barbarian! I should have never saved you from those lizards! Why can't you at least pretend to be a high born? It's infuriating. To think I almost found you attractive for a split second," Lyr grumbled angrily looking at Trest. She wrapped the blankets tightly back around herself, sat down, and continued to glare at him.