Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Would You Do To Find the Kingdom of Gold?

Started by visualspice, July 13, 2013, 08:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Unfortunately for Lyr, this was just TOO much for Trest to take in, and he was still laughing, trying to compose himself as he wiped away tears from his eyes and sighed happily, "Ugh,a nd here I'm getting sand in my eyes." But he laughed again and went to eat his meat. "Though honestly, Lyr, I think you're taking this whole barbarian thing way over the line. There's nothing wrong with a little meat. I'm sure your stomach will be fine."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kaychan03

"You're a moron, too. But I already knew that," she said under her breath. She glared back up at Trest. Apparently it was all lost on him. Though, she supposed it was to be expected. He was a human and she was fairly certain that they didn't have the same brain capacity as she did. Thinking too much might make his brain stop functioning.

"My stomach will be fine. Maybe the rabbit will take his revenge out on you. Since I've mourned his loss. In fact, I think that is exactly what will happen. I've honored him so I am free from his torments from beyond. But you, my red-headed barbarian, will not be..." Lyr told Trest, shaking her head.

visualspice

"Alright then!" he said with a smirk. "I accept all responsibility of any bad luck that befalls us because of hte rabbits death. Though, I must say- it was totally worth it. It was scrumptious. Simply scrumptious." And he licked the juice from his fingers as he looked over at Lyr to see what her reaction might be.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kaychan03

"You're a horrible person!" she said as she watched him lick the rabbit's juice from his fingers. She couldn't wait until the rabbit came back and haunted him. She hoped it did something horrible to him. Lyr just glared at him some more. Why did she sometimes find him attractive? He was so...wrong. Just plain wrong most of the time.

visualspice

Cleaning up the small mess from dinner, Trest went about fixing himself a small bed in the sands. The one's nearest the fire were warm, and there was plenty of space if Lyr wanted to sleep ont he opposing side. And if she were still angry at him, it didn't seem to bother him much as he hummed along and then settled in for the night.

"We've got a long journey tomorrow. About as long and boring as it was today. Hope your prepared for it. The southern desert isn't just a few days away... try a week on this trail, easily. So I suggest you get some shut eye. I'm doing the same. Oh, and if you see a rabbit, just tell him I'm over here." And with a grin, he turned away from her and settled into his bed. Really, this 'prince' was hilarious. Afraid a dead rabbit would come to haunt them- HILARIOUS!

Kaychan03

"I will, gladly. And I'll even give him a sharp weapon to poke you with," Lyr responded to Trest. She was not looking forward to tomorrow. It would be so long and boring. More camel riding and doing nothing. How was she going to survive?

Lyr made her own bed, though she didn't really need much for matting, since she was covered head to toe in sheets. She took the opposing side of the fire, and turned her back so she wouldn't have to look at Trest. He was horrible. She couldn't wait for the rabbit to exact his revenge on him. Lyr smirked thinking about it.

visualspice

"Rise and shine, Princey boy," Trest said, a trolling grin upon his face as he shook her by the shoulder. "Come on, before the rabbit stew gets cold." It was a joke, a terrible one, but he could't help himself as he chuckled. "Actually, we don't have enough money for breakfast, so you'll have to wait until night fall for us to eat again. Now come on, get up sleepy head. The caravan will be leaving within the hour and we gotta pack this place up."

Kaychan03

Lyr had a rude awakening as she was shook awake by some unknown force. She didn't like it. Lyr was too sleepy to throw a good punch, so she just attempted to latch onto Trest's hand. She glared up at Trest first with the rabbit joke and then with the no money for food. She didn't know which was worse. Her stomach decided for her. She rolled over to her magic bag, and then rolled back towards Trest. She pulled out a few loose coins and handed them to Trest.

"Here, buy us something bready not an innocent animal that was recently killed. If you don't I'll find a way to sneak that special jam back into your digestive system..." Lyr warned him.

visualspice

Trest quirked a brow at Lyr.
"Oh really? So what if I bring back some rabbit bread..." and his face split with a cocky grin as he took the coin and yanked his hand free of the sleepy 'prince'.

Kaychan03

"There's no such thing as rabbit bread!" Lyr yelled at him, annoyed. She hadn't thought that there might actually be rabbit bread. That would be a cruel and twisted thing to do. It was Trest, though. So he probably would bring back "Bread of the Slaughtered Piglet" or something equally as gruesome.

visualspice

Trest only laughed, a sound that could be heard even through the tent flaps he closed behind him. It didn't take long to procure something, but what he brought back wasn't bread- but hard biscuits; food which was more suitable for travel. He also had a few other things wrapped in some paper which he set on the ground before them. "I bought some more food for us while we're traveling. Figured we'd need it and Id hate for the seller to run out of sellable food before we even get to our destination. Just a few things in there," he said, teeth crunching into a stale biscuit. "Some cheese, more hard biscuits, a few fruits and dried meats. You'd be surprised how long this sort of stuff can last if we're careful with our rations." And he took another crunchy bite, crumbs spilling all over the sands.

Kaychan03

Lyr bit down into her hard roll. This was not exactly how she wanted to be spending her time. She wanted to be back in a giant manor where there were servants to wait on her. Oh, and the food at one of these places. She could just imagine it. Lyr was brought back to reality when she looked down to see the other foods Trest had procured. No, this really was no way for an Emperor to live. Well, potential Emperor...king....princess, whatever.

"Will it only be more desert today? Or will be finally hitting a different type of landscape?" Lyr asked, hopefully. She was pretty sure she knew the answer though. Desert, desert and more desert. Lyr was getting tired of all the sand and the heat and she hadn't even been there for that long.

visualspice

Trest peered over at Lyr as he took another bite of his food, crumbs spilling down his chest.
"Desert, desert, desert. It's several days ride to the Seraj Isa, Lyr. What did you expect? No vegetation can grow in a place like this. There's too much sun and not enough rain fall. but then again, Essyrn was never known for it's farmers!" he joked, smiling at her as his blue eyes sparkled.

Kaychan03

Lyr didn't know why she sometimes she found Trest so attractive. She looked him over again, noticing the crumbs that were falling all over him. He was definitely not the type she was supposed to be attracted to. She was supposed to like other frilly princes. For some reason she didn't like those types though.

"I wish there was a faster way to get there. Is Seraj Isa more desert? Or are there pretty things there?" Lyr asked hopefully. She really didn't want to see anymore desert. Maybe flying would be faster. But then they would lose the safety of the group, which might be a bad idea. Afterall she had heard stories about strange creatures that lurked in the desert sands.

"I have a question...are there really desert worms? Like giant things that live underground only to come out and eat unsuspecting caravans?"

visualspice

Trest regarded her first question with a rub to his chin.
"Well, the Seraj Isa is a desert, but nothing like you see here. The sands have been petrified, turning into glass for as far as the eyes can see. I almost can't believe it, but turns out- it's very much real, or else we're heading down south for no reason at all!"

And at her second question, he tilted his head and shrugged.
"No place is without it's beasts, Lyr. I would not be surprised if that much were true. Why?" he said, smiling and looking the cross-dresser over. "Are you afraid of worms?"

Kaychan03

A glass desert? That hardly sounded safe. How were they supposed to, well, go over it? Wouldn't it just smash to pieces under their weight? Well, Trest's weight, because in Lyr's mind she was as light as a feather. "The glass is strong enough to hold everyone, right? Because I don't like the idea of falling and getting giant glass pieces in my legs or elsewhere."

Why couldn't there be one place without beasts? Or a place where the beasts were at least made out of candy or something like that? Why no isle of the rainbow puppies? The beasts always had to be big, scary and hungry or just plain intent on killing someone. Lyr didn't like hurting the beasts, but she didn't understand why they were so angry all the time.

Lyr glared at Trest when he suggested she might be afraid of worms. "Of course I'm not afraid of worms! I'm afraid of being eaten alive by said worms. Maybe they'll be friendly and want to give us food..." Lyr hoped.

visualspice

Trest laughed at all of her questions and ramblings.
'I don't think these are the home maker kind of worms," he told her with a smirk. "But I don't know much about the glass dessert except what I've heard from others." He shook his head. "I doubt many would go there if it would break so easily, but we'll just have to be careful when we travel there. Though, I suppose we could ask some of the men in the caravan about it. It wouldn't hurt to see what the natives have to say."

Kaychan03

Lyr wasn't sure about asking men in the caravan. There were several men she didn't really like too much. But still, anything would be better than being bored. Lyr really wished she had known this journey was going to be so epically long and boring. She might have brought some entertainment had she known.

"Let's go ask some people. They might be selling things, too. I wonder if they get as bored as I do..." Lyr told him, stuffing the last of her breakfast in her mouth before standing up.

visualspice

"Alright then, but are you sure you're pretty enough to go talk to the other men?" Trest jested, his grin tugging leftward.

Kaychan03

Lyr glared at Trest for insulting her good looks. Of course she was pretty enough! She ran her hand through her hair and stood up. "Don't get so jealous, Trest. It's not my fault I always look so pretty and you look so....rugged." Lyr stated glaring at him.