Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Would You Do To Find the Kingdom of Gold?

Started by visualspice, July 13, 2013, 08:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Hey! Give that back!" Trest barked, making a grab for it, but it was too late. The damn man put it on his finger. He found himself growling.
"If you must know it is mine. It's my grandfather's, now hand it over."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kaychan03

Lyr laughed when Trest claimed it was his. She didn't care if he had stolen it or not. It made no difference to her. He was getting a little too agitated for this to be some unimportant stolen trinket, though. Still, she couldn't quite believe it was Trest's.

"How can it be yours?! You don't seem highborn! You were wearing a loincloth and locked in a dungeon when I found you. And...you don't act highborn, either. I don't care who you stole it from. But now I am quite interested to know why you're so interested in this ring. I'm going to keep it on my finger until you tell me," Lyr replied to Trest grinning. Ah, fun at last.

visualspice

Trest's face fell.
"What!?"
Sadly, Lyr was too perceptive and well, right. He hardly appeared like nobility, and the only thing he could think of in response was, "Oh yeah right, then you've never been to Connlaoth. The dukes are more like dogs. Now give it here!" and he attempted to reach for her hand.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kaychan03

"NO!" Lyr snapped back, quickly taking a step back and putting her hand behind her back. She then stuck out her tongue at him. Childish, yes, but she didn't understand why he was lying.  "I've been to Connlaoth, many times! None of the dukes act like dogs! They're always using highborn speech! If you're lying over this little ring, it makes me wonder what else you might be lying about..." Lyr told him, waiting for him to say or do something.

visualspice

"What? Why lie over a ring?" he growled. He reached for it again, this time grabbing onto Lyr's arm in attempts to yank her hand out from behind her. THen at her tongue sticking out, his hand found it's way to her finger, and, deftly slipped the ring off.
He stuck his tongue back out at her once he had gotten the ring, bt in that same instance, the ring fell out of his hand and he cursed and tried to reach for it again from where it had fallen back into the sands.

Kaychan03

Lyr was angry that he had taken the ring from her. It seemed to fall in slow motion for her. She dove down into the sands to catch the ring before Trest. First she got a fistful of sand but with her other hand she managed to slap the ring.

"I got it!" she announced triumphantly in a kneeling position on the ground. She immediately went to try and put it back on. 

visualspice

Oh NO she didn't.
In an angered roar, he tackled her, pinning her beneath him int he sands and tried grabbing at her hands.
"Give it back to me, Lyr! That's my ring!" he shouted- and the pair probably looked like quite the sight, two 'women' in colorful wrapped dresses tumbling about and wrestling in the sands.

Kaychan03

Lyr held onto the ring, in a death locked grip while she cat swatted at him. She was using normal strength, to not hurt him. "It's mine now! I'm just stealing it from a person that stole it! And get off me! I don't like you being on top of me! You're not a woman and you're very heavy," Lyr told Trest, continuing to move her hands around wildly to avoid the ring's capture. 

visualspice

"A horse's ASS I stole that thing! Give it back or I'll-"

"What's going on here?"

Startled, Trest whirled around at the sight of a pair of guards at the end of the way. HIs veil was half hanging off his face, which he quickly moved a hand to cover, his other hand, still gripping around Lyr's wrist that had the ring.

"Oh, erm.. nothing, er Officers," Trest said, in the most horrendously sounding female voice ever.

The guards made a face at them.

"We're just having a bit of a female scuffle, a cat fight!" Trest said, still using that wretched sounding female voice as he gave a ridiculously patronizing female laugh.

Kaychan03

Lyr knew she could totally toss Trest to the wolves and it would be easy. Lyr attempted to get up and shake Trest's hand off of her wrist. Lyr didn't want to go to jail. "Yeah, we were fighting over whether we should tell you about the lizard beings or not. I thought that we should. They are outsiders and they seem rather hostile, they gave us quite a terrifying look earlier. But my friend here thinks we should just keep our mouths shut on the issue. I don't think it's a good idea, I think they're here...well, doing bad things. But I don't know, what do you think?" Lyr asked the guards, still trying to wriggle free from Trest's grip.

visualspice

"Lizard beings? You mean the Sehn-shok?" One of the guards growled.

"Those damn lizards have been skirting around the city for weeks now, making a scene," said another.

"But oh, they are dreadfully awful!" Trest went on, wailing in his womanly tone. "Simply revolting, and I was afraid for us if we were to 'spill the beans'. I think they had some sort of plan to run amok through this city. Truly a terrifying thing, it would be!"

The Guards agreed, shaking their head, and while the conversation went on, Trest was still trying to fight Lyr's wriggling arm. She was not going to get his ring so easily!

"Let's go take this up to Malek. He'll be able to deal with those rascals."

"Oh, what saviors you are!" Trest exclaimed. "May the sun and her desert child bless you both!"

And the guards gave the pair of them a quizzical look, ad Trest stepped on Lyr's foot, hoping she'd just play along. No sense in drawing unwanted attention now...

Kaychan03

"Yes! What saviors they are. Bless you both," Lyr said trying to keep a smile on her face, even as Trest stepped on her foot. As soon as the guards were gone she was going to slap Trest across his pretty face. She could still feeling him trying to get the ring out of her hands. Lyr wasn't going to give it up, now. Not when he was clearly so attached to it.

"Come now, it's getting late," She told Trest tugging on his arm. She didn't want to hang around the guards any longer.

visualspice

Trest wasn't letting go of his grip. The guards had left by now so he turned to her and tried to grab her hand with his other.
"We're not going anywhere until you give me back my ring," he growled.

Kaychan03

"It's not yours! You're not a highborn! You cannot have a highborn ring if you're not a highborn. Therefore you stole it from a highborn. Or...your grandfather stole it from a highborn? Ah, were you in love with a highborn and she died in a terrible accident? And left you with her family ring as a sign of your undying love for one another? Or...maybe she was a he?" Lyr asked looking at Trest trying to figure out what the story was behind this ring. She didn't like not knowing. Lyr wasn't sure why she wanted to know so badly either.

visualspice

Trest's brows raised at all of the attempts she made at conjuring up a story behind it.
"What? No!" he barked, making his grabs a bit more rough as he wrestled her for it. HIs brows furrowed angrily now.

"The story behind it's stupid, and yes it was my grandfather's. He was a god damn duke! Now.. give.. it... BACK!" He shouted between grunts, before finding his way to her ring finger and giving a tug-
and the ring flew off...

and there it went.... fluttering into the air, spinning about and catching a sparkle off the ray's of the daylight sun... only to land in a pile of mule dung with a splunk a few feet away.
Trest's face fell, but he still made a leap for it, diving desperately towards it before LYr could get her grubby little thieving hands on it.

"THERE!" he shouted, after making a glorious dive into the mule dung. He lifted up his hand victoriously, show casing the ring between two pinched fingers, which was now, unfortunately, covered in stinky mule poop.
"I GOT IT BACK!"
And the he slipped it back onto his OWN finger, not seeming to care it made a poopy-smear there before shoving it but a few mere inches into Lyr's face and sticking his tongue childishly out at her.

"Now..' he said, giving a fluff of his hair. "About that bath.."
since well... he smelled really, REALLY gross now as he gave a sniff, flies buzzing over head.

Kaychan03

"It's probably not stupid! I love stories...I..." But by this time Trest had managed to get the ring off her finger. She watched as it flew through the air and plopped in a bunch of dung. Her mouth curled down. Her eyes got big as she watched Trest dive for it into the dung.

"I don't want to touch it...ever again," Lyr told him, taking a step back from Trest. The smell and the dung better not get on her.

"Yeah, let's get to an inn that has a really nice bath house. You smell even worse than before and I didn't think it was possible. So, congratulations. Please wipe of your hands too, it looks like you used your hand as a toilet cloth," Lyr told him, trying to breathe through her mouth and not her nose.

visualspice

"Good," he said, smiling darkly at her and placed his hands upon his hips, glancing around to see what could be made of this city.
"So right.. erm.." he sniffed, trying to remain looking competent. "So an Inn..."
He had no idea where he was going, so he simply shrugged nad picked a direction. "Let's try this way," and he worked at adjusting his dung covered dress as he walked, and also wiping the shit off his hand on the sides of his dress as well. He'd have to pitch this entire ensemble once he got somewhere 'clean'. And to think, the red dress looked lovely on him. Didn't Lyr agree it brought out his eyes?

Kaychan03

Lyr walked a few paces behind Trest with a disgusted look on her face. She watched as he wiped the dung off onto the side of his dress. She made sure to keep her distance. Lyr didn't want him getting any ideas. She hoped they would find an inn soon because Trest smelt awful.

"You must really love that ring, huh? If your grandfather was a highborn...why don't you act like one? I know, you were kidnapped as a child by the king of thieves and only found out recently your true identity?" Lyr asked, expecting that she had hit the nail on the head. 

visualspice

"What!?" Trest's face twisted at her comment as he turned to look back at her, shaking his head. "No! I wasn't kidnapped. My father was just an idiot." he said with a roll of his eyes. "My grandfather disowned me, what else is there to know?" He shrugged it off, but then got a whiff of himself and made a face.
"Eww.."
It was about this time they had made it to the end of the road, and a small inn called 'The Rose Without Thorns' came into view. It was a corner inn, and hanging off the wooden sign was a smaller sign that said 'Bath House in the Basement- 1 silver.'
Trest smirked and nudged Lyr's side.
"Hey, I think this is our lucky day." And his smile brightened and widened before he then turned to her and asked, "Say, you got any silvers?"

Kaychan03

"Oh, how sad. A highborn being raised as a peasant. That is an interesting story..." Lyr had more questions in her mind. When Trest nudged her, she looked down at herself to make sure there was no dung on her. There wasn't, thankfully.

She read the sign, the Rose without Thorns. Perfect! And it had a bath. Even better! She frowned when he asked her about silvers. She opened her satchel and a little fluffy paw holding a smaller change purse poked out.

"Ah, thank you Bugbee. I'll let you two out soon when I get to the room." She told them, closing the satchel, and opening her change purse. "No, silvers but a lot of golds..." Lyr said, and then realized maybe she had given him too much information.