Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Would You Do To Find the Kingdom of Gold?

Started by visualspice, July 13, 2013, 08:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Trest's eyes lit up at her words, then narrowed upon her with a playful leer.
"Oh really?" he said. "Then lead the way my King. It looks like you're buying."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kaychan03

"If you insist," Lyr said, defeated. She had let her own stupidity get her into spending her golds. She walked into the inn and smiled at the inn owner.

"Hello. I'm looking for two rooms."

"Sorry, we only have one room left..." the inn owner told her apologetically.

Lyr looked back over at Trest to see what he wanted to do. If she had to room with him, it would be difficult to do things. It depended on what he wanted to do, though, he was covered in poop. So he probably wanted to stay.

visualspice

"One room, that's fine!" Trest said, wrapping an arm around Lyr and hugging her close. "See, we're cousins," he went on, intentionally using his horrible 'woman' voice as the inn keeper stared at the pair of them as if they were a pair of zebras with rainbow spots.

"Al..right then," they began to say, and produced a skeleton key, and handed it over to Lyr.
"First door to the left at the top of the stairs."

Smiling, Trest bowed 'her' head and said, "Yes, and we'd also like to see about getting a bath?"

The inn keep then realized why an dhad thought that perhaps one of hte guests might have left their chamber pot out again to be cleaned. Turns out the one woman must've rolled in dung. These definitely were a pair of strange women.

"Alright, but you have to pay for it all now. The bathing house is in the basement, just simply go down the stairs." Then the innkeep put out their hand, awaiting payment expectantly.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kaychan03

"Hmm...will 5 gold coins be enough," Lyr asked, placing them in the inn keepers hand.

It seemed the inn keeper was pleased, and shooed them away. Lyr took the key and dashed off to the room. Once she got into the room she checked her dress, it was smelly and dungy now. She tossed it off and went rummaging through her satchel to find another appropriate dress. She let out her two pets and told them to stay in the room.

"I'm taking a bath! Since you got your stench on me," Lyr told Trest rushing off to go take a bath.

visualspice

Trest followed after her, rolling his eyes before Lyr bolted out of the room.
"Oh yeah, well I am too!" he said, ditching his dress, tossing the god awful thing out the windwo, and didn't seem to hear the woman shriek in the streets below as it landed on her since he was dashing off towards the basement.
Now in but his underclothes, the wounds healing from the whip lashings from earlier were now apparent, but he didn't seem to care, and laughed deviously as he raced past Lyr, sailed down the basement steps and dove into the first bathing pool he found, having discarded his loin clothe at the base of the steps for Lyr to find.

Kaychan03

"YOU BIG JERK!" Lyr screeched as Trest raced past her, tore off his clothes and jumped into a bath. It wasn't fair! She stared down at his ugly loin cloth and kicked it towards his bathing pool. She took the opportunity while Trest was underwater to race to the back of the bathing pool section. Once she found a bath that was extremely secluded, she surveyed it from all angles. Once she was confident that no one could see her, she took off her clothes and hopped in.

She was quick to submerge herself in the water and made sure nothing could be revealed. Lyr then leaned back and closed her eyes. "He's such a jerk..." She mumbled to herself.

visualspice

And the big jerk was hardly done being a jerk yet, so when he heard what Lyr had said, he waited for a moment after soaking himself well and good in his own pool, soaping up and scrubbing himself down vigorously, then once he was thoroughly turned into a soap monster at the end of his pool, he climbed out and LEAPED into hers. There was a large splash, and BUBBLES went everywhere.

Kaychan03

Lyr was covered in bubbles by the time the shock of what had happened had worn off. She immediately crossed her arms over her chest and sunk down rather lowly into the water. What was Trest going to do now. She didn't really like the idea of them both being naked like this.

"Get out of my pool!" She ordered trying to make sure the bubbles were covering things. Thankfully the basement was very dark, so nothing could really be seen. "What are you doing! Go away!"

visualspice

"Yeah?" Trest said, lounging back inside her pool, draping his arms against the side of it.
"Make me. Besides.." he said, with a smirk, "I think this pool is better."

Kaychan03

There was nothing she could do. At least not without revealing herself. So she got as close to the side of the pool and as far away from him as possible. She sunk down even further, not taking her eyes off of Trest. He did look much better now. Maybe he looked too good. Lyr averted her eyes back to the water.

"You're horrible," She muttered.

visualspice

Trest grinned broadly, puffing out his chest in a sense that made him feel he'd won. Though as he leaned back, enjoying just soaking in the waters of the bath, he couldn't help but notice how feminine Lyr appeared. He must be young. It would explain his attitude as Trest let out a contented sigh and scooped up some soap near to him and began to scrub suds-ing bubbles into his hair.

Kaychan03

Lyr just watched Trest in silence, not completely sure what to do with herself. She hadn't really ever been this close to a naked man, so it was a bit unnerving. She continued to try and inch her way further away from Trest. Her back kept bumping into the side of the pool, and she knew there was no where she could go.

"Are you done here?" She asked, hopefully.

visualspice

"Nope!" he said, and lifted up his feet, working at scrubbing nice and thoroughly at his toes.

OOC: loool...

Kaychan03

Lyr groaned, quite annoyed. She didn't really move much. She just stayed frozen and hidden. Again she tried to sink further under the water.

"So is this the gold city? Because...I thought it would be a bit more...golden and well...abandoned," Lyr asked, trying not to stare at him as he washed up. She couldn't stop thinking about how attractive he looked. 

visualspice

Trest laughed as he moved from scrubbing his toes to scrubbing his back. Despite having scrubbed down once, he still felt dirty. Diving into a pile of mule dung will do that to a man. Peering over at her, he shrugged.

"I don't know, I think the city just uses that as a title out of arrogance. It's said Essyrn is one of the wealthiest cities in all of the world, which works well for it's merchant princes and princesses, considering they have become the ruling class here int he desert. So, none of your precious highbornes here, as you so eloquently put it.It's all about the trade. If you can sell your wares and sell it well, you too, can become a prince amongst men."

Kaychan03

"That's ridiculous! You cannot become royal just by selling things. It's either in your blood or it isn't," Lyr replied to Trest. She wondered what he came here for anyways. He had a map was there some sort of unknown place he wanted to go.

"So...uhh, where is it that you were planning on getting your riches? Do you have things you want to sell?" She asked, curiously. She wondered what he was doing here now if it was a big merchant town. Lyr knew she needed to look for...well, she wasn't completely sure what it was she needed to look for. Just something with her homelands marking, that her mom could magic into a gateway. 

visualspice

Trest was scrubbing at his chest now, then his... rear, when the question was pressed.
"Hrm?" he sat back down into the water, making tiny waves ripple withint he pool as he shrugged back and dunked his hair intt he pool, rinsing out the soup for his second washing.
"I thought why i was here was obvious," he began. "I was a fool chasing after the Kingdom of Gold." He then made a face. "Why would I want to make a living here? THis place is too damn hot. The second I figure out if this treasure map is real or not, the closer I'll be to returnign to Connlaoth. I have no desire to remain in Essyrn."

Kaychan03

Lyr continued to watch him scrub his body. She tried to hide her annoyance in her face, but it was getting to be quite difficult. He just kept on pushing her buttons. How long was she going to have to wait for him to leave?

Lyr was still confused about why Trest was here. The city was populated. Any treasure to be had was probably long since gone, taken by others. Still, Lyr knew she needed to get a good look around before leaving. She needed to be sure her mom wasn't able to get this close to her.

"You could let me have a look at the map, you know. Maybe I'd be able to help you a bit. And you did promise me if I released you, I'd get some share of the treasure," she replied to him.

visualspice

Trest grinned over at her when she reminded him of what he said.
"Alright. Let's say we head back to our room then and we can go over the map. If there's any treasure to be had, assuming the map is real, which I'm thinking, based on those lizard-face's reactions, that it is, we'll split it. Sixty-forty."

Kaychan03

"Good, I'll take the sixty and you can have the forty," Lyr replied to him with a grin. She knew what he was trying to do, take more of the riches for himself. Lyr didn't really care about riches. But it was a matter of principle. She wasn't going to let best her and take more of the earnings, even though she didn't really care about them.