Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What a nice dagger you have there....(Caerina, Brisinger)

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, August 22, 2013, 08:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

The nostalgic Dink! of a hammer on steel was one of the few sounds that Lucian never got tired of. The morning had been rather slow, so the young gryphon, with Rorik's permission, decided to work on a side project, which was to complement his now completed steel bow, and that was a quiver of a dozen metal arrows.

As he had just finished sharpening his last arrow, he noticed a cloaked figure approaching the smithy. Putting the arrow aside, he hopped up from his seat, and flew over to the forge to stoke the flames.

"Hello! I apologize, but I'll be with you in just minute!" He said to the figure.

Caerina

Khanna needed new daggers. Also she needed a new set of shurikens, since most of the last set was lost inside someones head. Khanna just didn't feel like plucking them out of the creature's head, just in case. Who knows if it may heal itself even from silver weapons.

That was the prime reason of her visit to the blacksmith. She also needed some smaller stuff like a stiletto, it was very good for pickpocketing until a guard took it away. She continued silently waiting for the blacksmith.

Klezmer Gryphon

As he finished stoking the forge, he flew over the railing and down to where the figure stood. It probably wasn't very polite, but Lucian was eager to get to work.

"My master is out on business this week, actually left a few hours ago, but I'd be more than happy to take whatever order you have." The apprenticed gryphon said, slightly bowing in midair, "now, what can get for you?"

Brisinger987

"OW! OH SWEET ANGSAR THAT BURNS!!" Roktos hadn't even noticed the damn puddle he fell into until he tripped and splashed down, dousing himself.

The next thing anyone would have seen is a rather comical steam trail as he made a dash for the fires and dove into them, sighing in relief.

"Oh gods... Never... Again..." When he actually paid attention he realised he had embarrassed himself in front of a potential customer.

"Oh, um..." Roktos got up and slowly crept out of the fires, his own rock skeleton now ablaze again.

"Hey..." She was rather pretty actually. Very pretty.

Caerina

Needless to say Khanna has seen a lot of things and strange happenings, so she just learned how to stay out of other people's business. The less you seem interested, the smaller is the chance for them to ask for your help. So, someone on fire was an unusual sight, but no reason for her to get tangled in it.

"Dual daggers, small size, very light." she said "A regular set of shurikens, and a stiletto dagger. Make the stiletto a bit smaller than the usual size." It was what she always worked with, so she knew the details by heart.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Of course. In what style do want the daggers? I can make them in the straight manner typical of Connlaoth and Serendipity, or in the curved style commonly seen in Essyrn." He said with a smile. The young gryphon motioned for his client to follow.

"And, may I ask your name?" Lucian asked. He would need to know so he knew who to find once he was done with the shuriken and daggers.

Caerina

"Curved." she said. Much easier to spill someone's guts when you have a curved dagger than a straight one. She followed the gryphon through the blacksmith's shop. It was quite impressive with a lot of weapons and armor hanging around. Khanna didn't manage to recognize some of the weapons so she just frowned.

"The name's Khanna."

Brisinger987

"What metal would you like them to be made from? If you tell me what you want, I'll go and start heating the metal." Roktos couldn't stop himself staring at the pretty customer.

He found his eyes roaming to places they shouldn't. So instead he turned his attention to getting the metals on offer ready.

"Steel, iron, daemonite, angelite, neutralium. If there's any you're curious on, don't hesitate to ask."

Caerina

"Tell me something about angelite and neutralium."

Khanna was by no means an expert in the field of metal properties, so she needed as much information as she can get.

"I generally prefer lighter stuff, though." she told him.

Brisinger987

"Angelite is the lightest metal I know of, it has properties that cause a burning sensation to people who have sinned. Neutralium is an alloy of angelite and daemonite, and it has heat proof properties, and is tougher than steel, lighter too." Roktos found his eyes wandering over her form again.

"What's your, uh, line of..." He felt himself heating up, so he looked over at the forge, and tried not to think of the customer like that.

"Work?"

Klezmer Gryphon

"Well, there is a other material that I can make your daggers from, Khanna. But, it will cost a bit more.." Lucian said as he started arranging his tools. The material he was talking about was gryphonic glass. It was green in color, and, when worked by a master, it could be made into a very beautiful and functional piece.

"And, Roktos, may I speak with you inside for a minute?" He asked. He had seen Roktos looking at the customer, in a very odd way, and wanted to get something straight. As he went to the door, he took his goggles and let them hang around his neck, revealing the bronze colored eyes that lay beneath. Anytime he did that, he meant business.

Caerina

"I do miscellaneous jobs." she told him vaguely.

Khanna wanted the best for her weapons, but she wasn't sure that angelite would work for her. She probably wasn't a saint when it comes to her past. Also, she wasn't quite keen on finding out what would happen if she touched the metal. Neutralium sounded good enough too use, since it probably won't burn her.

"I am willing to pay nicely for a good weapons." she said. Weapons were, after all, a large part of her job.

Brisinger987

"Well unfortunately without details we can't really perfect the weapons for you." He thought he felt his cheeks go red when he looked over her again, but remembered that orange was the only colour his face could go. Or blue.

"So, are you a merc? Assassin? You can tell me, I'm a demon after all."

Klezmer Gryphon

"Dammit, Roktos, get over here before I decide to throw you in the well!" Lucian yelled, annoyed that his friend was ignoring him. Without even thinking out what it would do to his talons, he gripped the fire demon by the shoulder and dug into the flames that composed his skin, ignoring every ounce of pain he felt. He would get his point across, whether it was through force or persuasion.

Caerina

Khanna watched with mild amusement what was happening. Well, no reason for her to answer that question now. Being a thief and artifact hunter usually wasn't the best conversation starter and not the best way to look trustworthy. Most people usually frowned upon her career choice more so than to the career choices of assassins or mercenaries. Strange times when people are more frightened of being robbed than getting killed.

She took the liberty of walking around the place, looking at dozens of terrifying, simple and beautiful weapons and armors scattered around.