Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Grand Illusion [Spice] - [M]

Started by Ivory, September 03, 2013, 05:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

Stupid guards...

Kathryn sighed softly, then turned with a practiced smile.  "Of course.  I was only just lost in thought for a moment..."

Time to go back inside, then...  Stupid guards indeed!  Dekka would just have to understand...

Inside, she was almost immediately mobbed by well-wishers, as she had been all evening.  It was only after some time -- and not without some effort -- that she was able to pull herself free with an apology and an excuse...

...And that excuse, of course, was her dear sister.  She hadn't been avoiding her -- but she hadn't been actively looking for her either.  But now was as good a time as any...

"How are you finding the party?" she asked of the younger girl, offering her a fresh drink with a patient smile.

visualspice

How was she doing? She might as well have been asking her if she enjoyed a fly buzzing around inside her ear, for it felt as if this whole damn ceremony was out to make her miserable. Not one ounce of the evening afforded her any relief in her soured disposition as Valia let out an irritable sigh and turned to her sister.

"It's.. tolerable," she said, tipping her wine glass back and downing a long drink. She looked her sister over with mild scrutiny before sighing again. Naturally, any event that did not center around the young, Lady Valia, was not something that would ever suit her fancy, especially an event that was far more grand than anything she, in her entire life, would ever be in an integral part of.

To be the Grand Duchess.. oh how her heart ached with envy,a nd her stomach writhed with jealousy! And it was far too evident in her eyes as she gave a mopey frown.

"How about you?" she asked with a sniff, glancing over at Kathryn's attire.
"Getting along well in your dress?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"Well enough," Kathryn answered, recognizing that look that had so often filled Valia's face.  She was bored, of course...and, after their little chat earlier, she wondered if she had any business at all talking to her sister...

...But, well, she had to tell someone, and Valia was the only one she could trust.

Innocently, almost boredly herself, she added quietly, "I've issued a challenge to the King of Thieves to see if he could get away with stealing it."

visualspice

Valia, who was still quite irritable, found her own selfish jealousy suddenly coming to a halt as she gasped at Kathryn's nonchalance at the revealing of such scandalous information.

"No way!" she said, moving forward to grab her sister by the arm. Her pink eyes searched her sister's as she leaned in real close to ask in but a whisper, "What did he say?"
Not that she should care but really, she would be a fool not to ask for the juicy details!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Kathryn's chuckle was quiet.  She had little fear of being overheard; the party was in full swing now, and most of their visitors were beginning to drink quite heavily and find entertainment amongst themselves.

"He reminded me that I was engaged to him first.  Technically."  Sort of.  Even if it was under the guise of the Duke of Allar...  "And that he doesn't intend to give up harassing me simply because I'm married."  That may have been her own fault for encouraging him...but, well, she wasn't at all upset by the news.  "By the way," she added with a smirk.  "You may want to check your jewels to ensure he hasn't made off with any."  And if he had targeted her sister, well, Kathryn would kill him the next time she saw him!

visualspice

Valia's mouth fell open at the realization- and then her gloved hands instantly went to her ears. Realizing one earring was missing, her face went red.
"He's stolen from me! The king of thieves has taken my jewels!" she screamed-
not realizing.. her earring had come loose and was simply sitting on her shoulder....

Ivory

Kathryn's face first paled, then went the color of Valia's own outfit.  "Valia!" she hissed, rather effectively.  She really should have known better...  Valia would always be, well, herself.  "You're going to get us both hanged!"

Or something.  She assumed, anyway, if her husband learned how well she knew the King of Thieves, it would not end prettily for them.  Fortunately, not even Valia knew all the details...

"Here," she said impatiently, reaching to pull the misplaced earring off its precarious perch from the girl's shoulder.  She shot the nearest people an apologetic, sheepish smile and affected a laugh.  "There's no need to be so melodramatic.  You merely dropped it."

visualspice

Valia made a face, and attempted to tuck it back to save face.

"Oh," she said softly, plucking the earring from her sister's hand and moving to signal to her nearby servant to fix it. Naturally SHE would not fix the thing as she turned to her maiden and explained. Te two stepped aside for but a moment to have it adjusted, before Valia once again returned to her sister's side. This time, she wore a pout.

"I still can't believe this is all really happening.." she commented, her eyes going out to the crowd. "As much as I'd love to be at the top of the world, I'd never imagine one of us would ever become Grand Duchess..."
It was like the things of faerie tales!

Ivory

"I don't think it will be as much fun as we've imagined it."  So far, she wasn't very impressed.  Tighter security meant less time to herself -- less real time, that is, because sitting indoors knitting hardly counted as an enjoyable past-time.  And it would probably be so much work...

"Calent has promised to spend some time hunting and practicing archery with me, but..."  She exhaled slightly.  "It won't be the same."  It would be enjoyable, to be sure, but it would be...limited.

And, she was sure, any romance to be had from it would probably be immediately destroyed by looming guards...

visualspice

Valia wrinkled her.nose.
"Hunting is not.be.fitting of.a lady, let alone a Grand Duchess." Valia added with a sniff.

Ivory

"That's exactly what I mean," Kathryn answered, a bit impatiently.  "I'm not sure Calent minds as much as some, but..."  It made her sigh quietly.  "Everyone will be watching us and waiting for us to make a mistake.  At least in Highheart, there was always somewhere for me to go to do what I want and have some time alone.  But, here..."

Well, it was going to be stifling!

visualspice

Valia made another face.
"Are you complaining to me already about your life as a Grand Duchess?"
How absurd! She shook head head over such an idea. "Kathryn, please!" she said, taking her sister by the hand and looking her square in the eyes. "Do you even KNOW what you are? WHO you are?"
Shaking her head, she reminded her, yet again, "You're the Grand Duchess!" And with another sigh she added, "You have all the power in the world. I'm sure you could be creative in other ways! Think of all those diamonds and jewels that come with the territory! And all of the soldiers you get to be flattering!"
Cause naturally, that's what Valia would be thinking of most of all if SHE were ever Grand Duchess! Clearly, her sister should, too!

Ivory

Kathryn chuckled quietly and lifted her glass to her lips.  "You may be right, Valia."  Although, it wasn't soldiers she was interested in, was it?  Nor did Valia seem to see her point...but there was only so much complaining about her station Kathryn was willing to do tonight!

Especially to her younger sister...

Glancing up from her drink, Kathryn blinked a few times in concern.  "Valia?  Are you alright?  You look pale..."

visualspice

Valia might have been pale at first, but she quickly turned that into a scowl.
"Pale, maybe, but sick, most definitely. See that man over there?" she said, gesturing with her drink to Vesrik. "What an oaf, and how rat-like his features are. What a horrid thing to be staring at, and to think- I've caught him gaping at my chests on more than one occasion this night!" And she indignantly sniffed at that, catching a passing servant and fetching herself a fresh drink of wine. Taking a long sip, she sighed at the taste before peering over to Kathryn.
"WHo is that despicable creature? I see him hanging about with your new husband all the time."
She hadn't paid well enough attention to know he was the visor.

Ivory

Kathryn knew precisely what her sister meant.  She shuddered with a distasteful expression.  "Vesrik," she answered with a turn of her lips.  "Calent's adviser.  He makes my skin crawl, Valia.  There's something about him...  Just a feeling, mind you, but he reminds me of Philippe."  And Valia alone -- well, and Dekka -- knew how she felt about that particular man!

visualspice

Valia gasped over the words and could have choked on air while her eyes went wide.
"Oh, yes, I know what you mean," she then added, bitterly beneath her breath. ANd holding up a hand to guard her lips,she continued to gossip. "I wonder if they are relatives of the rat population f Reajh." She gave a sniff. "I hope the first thing you do as the Grand Duchess is see him out. What place is there for a man like that." ANd she glared at him distastefully. "I bet he's only there to eat the pig's fat!"

Ivory

"I wouldn't doubt it," the new Grand Duchess agreed with a distasteful shake of her head.  "As for his employment..."  It made her sigh slightly.  "He's Calent's man.  I can hardly walk in and dismiss him without good cause."

visualspice

"Why not?" Valia asked with an indignant sniff. "What good is your seat if you can't use it like a rein for your husband. Besides, he needs you for an heir anyway." She said with a fluff to her hair. "You should use that to your advantage."

Ivory

Leave it to her sister...  Kathryn laughed out loud.  "From what I understand, he's been Calent's adviser for...forever.  I don't think it will be so easy to get rid of him."

Besides, she'd rather not start her marriage out on such a sour note!

"Any other pieces of advice for a newly-married woman?"

visualspice

Looking her sister over, she turned away with another sniff.
"Just be sure to give him good sex on the first night." Then she paused to consider as she stared her sister over. "That is to say, if you haven't had sex with him already."