Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Sun in Winter

Started by Lion, October 04, 2013, 03:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

After the smoke cleared and the survivors had been pulled from the flames, the people that survived sobbed at their loss.  Not only of the homes that were gone, but also from the people that never made it out.  Theon stood there, watching the ashes, Lohengrin at his side, before he moved on to help heal the people that needed it.  He looked at Ninn.  "Will you help me tend to the survivors?  The homes that did not burn can house them before the falling night, but their wounds could fester and rot."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Nijn gave a nod.
"Of course," she answered, as if there was no questions about it. "I can help well enough, even without the blessing to heal."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

He couldn't help it.  He felt himself smile and he nodded to her, a respectful nod and set to work.  Jouzan gathered herbs found in the nearby woods.  They worked tirelessly, helping heal the burns and mend minor wounds that could heal themselves until the sky began to darken.

When the light faded away and the shelter was shared between the survivors, Theon sat in his room, one of the small buildings that remained standing, and put more kindling into the fire.  "Do you know what hunted them?" he asked Ninn.  "Who was that that set the fire?  It seemed a person did it not?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Ninn sat quietly beside the crackling fire, her.muscles sore and her clothing soaked beneath her coat, in which she shed. She'd been lifting and moving people for the last many an hour, helping those get to shelters who had not the strength to stand. So after a moment of enjoying the coat.being discarded and a good long drink of waters she turned to him and said, "that I do not know. I haven't been here.long, but what did this today did not seem like the beasts I hunt. It's.something different... Something.. more."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Something that hunts you," Theon said, looking up at her.  "It sent someone off as a distraction.  What we chased through the trees, perhaps was a diversion.  Perhaps it thought you were in the village.  I don't think you interact with people very much, but...perhaps you rubbed someone the wrong way.  And I don't think they care who gets hurt in the middle.  Do you know how those fire creatures you hunt came to be?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ninn stared at him for a moment, digesting what he said but only commenting on the one part.
"If I knew that, I wouldn't be here. I've been chasing them for as long as I can remember."

Lion

"Well, that doesn't help anyone.  You continue to chase them, you will always be chased in turn," he said and sipped the mug of hot chocolate before him.  Rations were scarce, but the people of the village, it seems, had enough to scrounge at least that for him.

"Let me help you, Ninn.  I can help you track this man down.  If I can make one small difference...  If what I see can be changed, I will..."  He paused then, wondering if he even believed his own visions were real.  He looked at his drink.  "I want to help."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ninn raised a brow at him.
"Are you trying to make this your problem?"

Lion

He cut her a look, frowning.  "Perhaps it isn't my problem, but look what happened today.  It's clear this affects more than you.  It wasn't their problem either.  I'm already involved.  Let me help you.  I'm a wanderer here, I have nothing to lose."

"It's true," Jouzan said, fluttering down and walking beside Ninn.  "We've been here for months with no direction.  It's something at least."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ninn was about to answer his question when she jumped nearly ten feet into the air (or so it felt like it!) when the bird talked as she whirled around to face it and stood defensively.
"What is this!? A talking bird!?"

Lion

Jouzan cawed a laugh and looked at Theon, ruffling his feathers.  "I am bird, yes.  And you are intelligent enough to understand my speech.  Is it really so surprising?" he said and hobbled over beside her.  He pecked at her hip.  "But you are in one piece, and that, really, is the surprising thing."

Theon shook his head and waved the bird away.  "Nevermind him."  He sighed.  "But he is right.  I've been wandering the tundra for many months.  I have no direction.  This at least, is some purpose."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ninn steeled herself after digesting over what the bird was and glared at Theon.
"You have chosen strangely a purpose. But never the less, help for this sort of chaos is welcome."

Lion

Theon couldn't help it.  A boyish grin took him.  He didn't question it however.  "Good.  I am glad," he said with a nod.  He fell silent for a moment.  "Would you like some more chocolate?'

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ninn looked at him funny before shaking her head.
"No purpose... Yet you chose Hyoite?" And despite asking Theon, she gave a skeptical glare at his bird.

Lion

Jouzan returned her skeptical glare and ruffled his feathers again to settle by the warmth of the fire.  "Few men choose where the wind takes theM," came Theon's reply as he served Ninn a cup of hot chocolate never the less.

He set it before her, taking a seat beside her.  "The first memory I have is waking up on a ship, sailing toward this very continent.  There was a man beside me, but he turned into water and melted away....  I don't remember anything before that.  I've been wandering ever since I made it to shore, trying to find some reason I came here...or who I am.  I suppose it's been so long with no answers, it makes little difference where I point my north now."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ninn wasn't sure how to take that information. Perhaps he was crazy, perhaps not, either way, his intentions were not foul and with a nod, she said to him, "Very well. Perhaps your fate lies in another North."

ANd she took the hot chocolate and sipped it lightly. Not used to such sweet things, she took her time on it and studied him in silence.

"So you remember nothing? Not where you're from... what about your name? Or that bird of yours?"

Lion

"I don't know my name because I remember it," he said with a grin and sipped his own chocolate.  "I only know it because people addressed me as such.  I don't know where I am from.  I know that the ship is across the sea, a land very far away."  He returned her studying glances.  "Maybe my lack of memories is just a clean slate, to make new memories.  But I remain skeptical."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ninn gave him a scrutinizing look.
"Who called you this name.... 'Theon'?"

Lion

"The crew.  People spoke to me as if they knew me.  When I came to shore, it was a whole different world.  I was a stranger in a strange land.  I still am.  But I've learned to make friends where I may, make acquaintances, connections in some way that could help me.  Jouzan is my guide, my eyes in the sky, as he is fond of saying.  But he's as lost as I am, unfortunately.  He busies himself with getting fatter and fatter!"

Jouzan gave him a derisive look however and cawed indignantly.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The woman looked from man to bird.
"Seems like you could take a lesson from Jouzan. It looks like you could afford some extra meat on your bones. The tundra does not take kindly to those with inadequate physiques."