Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Sun in Winter

Started by Lion, October 04, 2013, 03:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Theon took  her glance as acceptance.  Any further waiting and she'd bleed out.  Theon reached down and gently pulled her up into his arms.  She was hefty, being so tall.  Thankfully he was strong enough to carry her, at least to the inn where he stayed.  The door was opened for him and he laid her gently on the cot, mindful of her wounds.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She hadn't the strength to be prideful, and she was already with fever and chills from the loss of blood. When she was laid down, she released a groan, the first noise she had made this whole time, and being now in a new position, she could feel more of her wounds reopen, at leas the ones that had attempted to heal, and it hurt like hell. And blood was easily staining the cot.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Theon worked wordlessly as he cut off what clothes he couldn't remove by hand.  Jouzan ruffled his feathers and looked on, perched on the antlers on the wall.  Theon frowned at the depth of the wounds.  "These are bad."  He didn't know if Lohengrin could heal them all as savage as they were. But if he could clean them up, perhaps they might be better.

Theon dabbed a rag in some water and gently cleaned them.  "This will sting some."  It was a vague warning as he washed her wounds.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She remained silent during the whole ordeal, her eyes looking everywhere else but at him. Though when the water hit the wounds, she flinched a little, but tried to remain as rigid as stone.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Theon finished her back and then her front in short order.  He turned her hand opened and placed the hilt of his sword into her grip and folded her hands gently around it.  "Careful, now.  Just breath gently."  And the gentle vibrations would begin to course through her as she held Lohengrin.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She gasped and nearly dropped the blade, eyes cutting to him.
"What magic is this?" she hissed.

Lion

"Just let it flow through you.  Relax and breathe.  The pain will subside.  Everything will become more clearer then.  And your body will be renewed.  It takes some time.  But keep breathing," Theon instructed, training her grasp once more.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She felt dizzy and didn't trust the man, wanting to fight it, but she was too weak, and even she realized she was in a terrible state. Gritting her teeth, she gripped onto the blade tighter, and the sensation running through her felt as if it were numbing her. But she did as she was told- and simply breathed.

Lion

Theon watched over her in the hours that followed.  He made sure Lohengrin continued to make contact with her skin, her wounds closing not long after he cleaned them, but to ensure that the pain from that lingered was soothed away.  He viewed her burned flesh, wondering if Lohengrin would heal them away too, but it did not.  Theon pulled the blade away and sheathed it, sitting on a stool across from her and waiting for her to awake.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The healing power had lulled her into a quiet slumber, waking moments after the sword was put away. But she felt too groggy to rise right away, but the second she felt eyes on herself, she sat up suddenly and reached for her blade that was not there. And it was only then she realized she was naked as she made a half attempt to cover herself as she glared at Theon.
"What happened?"

Lion

"You're wounds are healed...  Ah, most of them anyway," Theon said and gestured to the claw marks that were once there.  "How do you feel?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She looked down at the marks then over at him.
"Not dead," she told him flatly. "I suppose it was your magic to blame for my healing?"

Lion

Theon shrugged.  "That I cannot say precisely.  The sword has certain properties that I cannot explain.  Is it magic or some kind of innate energy? Possibly both.  The effects are useful are they not.  You likely would be dead."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"You harvest a power you do not understand?" she asked, incredulously. She grimaced and moved to rise. "Dead or not, for all I know you've cursed me more! Where are my clothes? My sword?"

Lion

Theon frowned at her accusation, knowing it to be true nevertheless.  "You're clothes were difficult to remove.  The ones that could be spared are by the hearth.  I do not know where your sword is."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Her eyes hardened before she gave a sigh through her nose.
She must have dropped it on her way to the village.
"So I suppose payment is in order then? If you require it so, take it from the meat of those beasts. The villagers will give you more than a fair price for it."

Lion

He looked at her oddly.  "Payment?  Who said anything about payment?" he asked.  He breathed for a moment before tilting his head.  "What were those beasts you were hunting?  What are they called?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She kept her eyes upon him skeptically, they were cold and blue, like the ice outside.
"They're pests, burdens to man, and hunters of our blood. They're a threat to those of these lands. They seemed to come out of no where, and do most of their killing at night."

She sat up more properly now, her body barely modest behind a hand that could only partially cover her. She peered down at her limp pile of clothing, then back to him.

"So you seek nothing for this heal?" she asked, still wary of him as she shifted closer to the edge of the bed, still not certain how she felt about this. Did this man want something else?

Lion

They did most of their hunting at night? So she was hunting them from then on, to the moment they met, until now.  Theon couldn't help but admire her dogged determination, even if it nearly killed her.  She certainly didn't leave anything half-assed.  However the details were a little on the scarce side that made him skeptical himself.

"What did you want to exchange?" he asked, furrowing his brows.  "I have no need for the meat.  I have plenty on my own sled and furs for warmth."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I can use the meat to get supplies. One can never be too careful in the Tundra. Hyoite's weather is as fickle as an old woman. And if you're left without what you need, you could be dead." Here she finally moved to stand, carefully at first before retrieving her clothing. Which made her frown. It seemed they had cut most of it away.

Tags: