Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Sun in Winter

Started by Lion, October 04, 2013, 03:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"Here," he said and rose to fetch her an extra pair of trousers he had made.  They were for him, but they'd likely fit her considering her height.  "Try them on."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She raised her eyes to inspect the pants, then turned to Theon.
"Why are you helping me?" she asked, taking the pants quickly. Then she paused to observe him more. "And do you have a spare shirt?" She couldn't go around topless, after all. Besides, this was the arctic. Things froze easily here.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Theon eyed her quietly for a time, observing her breasts then the burned flesh on one side of her body.  His eyes finally came back up to hers.  "I have a shirt yes," he answered, moving toward his pack again and pulling out two of them, one meant to be layered into the other.  They were fur-lined and woolen and tapered around the wrists.  "Here.  It is...all right.  I don't require payment.  Why are you so opposed to someone helping you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She accepted the clothing, still keeping wary of him, but after inspecting the shirts he offered her, she said, "Thank you." It was a quiet gesture, but an acceptance at least, and she raised her eyes at his last statement before lowering them and pulling on the clothes.

"This is not a land that you can trust... People and beasts alike." And she studied Theon as she fixed her clothing so that they lay flat. "You should take heed of that. Someone so... Willing to help will be taken advantage of. "
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Theon frowned that she thought him to be so naive.  Perhaps he had been when he first came to this continent, with no clear goal, no recollection of who he was.  He still had no answers, but he'd learn to survive long enough by hard lessons learned. 

"I do not always freely give aid without some recompense.  If you insist, then I will take something.  Answers.  What is your name woman?  And why do you hunt those beasts?  Other than for the materials their bodies provide.  Did they scar you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"You ask a lot of questions, and I am tired." And here she frowned at him before nodding," but if you are to call me something, you can have my name." And she paused, blue eyes looking up at him. "It's Ninn."

Lion

"Ninn," he repeated.  "That's a good name.  Suits you I suppose.  Theon, as I told you before."  He nodded to her and pointed to the hearth.  "There is hot water boiling.  Would you care for some stew and tea?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She still looked at him skeptically, and then glanced to the hearth as she adjusted her clothing, which was a surprising fit, but the man still had broader shoulders than her, so one side kept slipping down her shoulder, and of course it was the side with the gnarled series of scars.

"Yes, I'm famished. A good meal and drink would be suitable." And she gave a thankful nod in his direction, though it was a bit rigid as her eyes never once left him.

Lion

Theon had no qualms about sharing what little he had with those that needed it.  Seeing as it was his fault she lost most of her clothes anyway, he saw the only logical option as to give her something of his to replace it.  He had plenty of furs to keep himself warm, at least in the long travel he would take to the next village over.  Settlements here were so spaced apart that it could take weeks just to get there and the chances of dying along the way were always very high.  Theon knew the risks of traveling alone - if something awful happened nobody would ever know.  And his risk was even greater now that he'd given away a layer of warmth that could possibly meant the difference between life and death.

"Very well," he said, with a slight bow of his head and reached into the hearth, fixing the bowls with a thick, fatty meaty stew and then two hot cups of a local brew that he couldn't get a handle on pronouncing.  But it was sweet and savory and immediately filled one's body with a soothing warmth.  It was amazing the kinds of food and drink the locals could conjure up in what seemed to be little more than a vacant wasteland.  Theon placed the bowl and cup beside her and remembered the spoon last.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She didn't even wait for the spoon. Her hunger had gotten the better of her as she took the stew to her lips and began to drink it down.

Lion

She must have been accustomed to scalding heat, considering her face and Theon stared at her in silence as she ate.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

When she was all finished with her stew, she wiped off any dribblings on the back of her hand and held out the bowl.
"If I can have some more, I'd take some."

Lion

Theon had only taken a few bites of his own when she presented her bowl.  "You eat like this all the time?" he asked, filling her bowl again and then he took a few sips of his chocolatey drink.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"No," she said, after taking the bowl and drinking down some more. "But I haven't eaten in a good while." She licked at the dribble on her lips this time and went on to enjoy the rest. "It takes a lot of effort and patience to track those beasts."

Lion

Theon gave a flicker of a smile, watching her scarf down the second bowl.  "I would imagine so yes," he said.  "I don't imagine their meat tastes any better either."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yes, but its acceptable." And she noted the smile on his lips so she tilted her head and asked, "What?"

Lion

Theon sniffed a softly laugh and shook his head.  "Oh it's nothing," he replied.  "So how long have you been out here?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Out where? Hunting the beasts, you mean, or the tundra?"

Lion

"Living in the Tundra," Theon specified.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ninn stared at him a moment before she replied, "My whole life." And she looked the man over. "I take it you're not from around here?"