Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Sun in Winter

Started by Lion, October 04, 2013, 03:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"It must really be that obvious," he said and gave a sheepish laugh.  He nodded.  "I am not from here, no.  I have traveled from the south.  But I like it here.  I like the quiet.  For the  most part.  And the people are...interesting."  And he gave a small smile.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"It is obvious when there are only a few settlements and one is not familiar with the way. Though some do prefer to live in solitude.." And she looked him over with a frown. "Where are you from?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Theon took a few seconds to sip his hot drink and let it's warmth fill his body.  There was no clear answer he could give her and he doubted saying he didn't remember would give him any ground.  "Connlaoth," he said.  "The vast land to the south.  It's quite nice.  Warm even.  But I do not miss it.  I seem to be partial to the cold."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

So you aim to make your life here?" She asked evenly.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Certainly," Theon said with a nod.  "I believe I have skills here that could be put to good use.  That and Connlaoth does not generally favor 'magic swords' as you put it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yes.... that nation is a bit... precocious around magic." And she studied him, then glanced over at his sword. "So how did you obtain such a weapon? And how does it work exactly?"

Lion

Theon grabbed Lohengrin's scabbard and examined the sleek, slender blade, feeling it's energy course through him upon touch.  "I've always had it, I think.  It's alive, almost.  You can feel it when you hold it.  It keeps you more focused, ready, and heals wounds.  As you've experienced."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Alive? Perhaps he was 'one of those' who presumes much of his items, giving them human characteristics after being alone for so long. She didn't question it, it was just how things could be out here in Hyoite, but as she studied it, she found herself commenting, "It just seems an ordinary blade." Though, as he stated, they both knew the wiser.

Lion

"And I think therein lies it's beauty," Theon smiled at her.  "Speaking of swords, I could help look for yours.  It can't be far.  I remember you had it when you came."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She still looked at him warily.
"How will you help?" And she turned to his weapon. "You could always lend ne your blade. The lands here are dangerous now. You ask for quick death if you come without so much as a knife."

Lion

Theon shook his head.  "I couldn't part with it.  I would need my blade as much as you would need yours," he said.  "But we will look for it yes?  Yes, of course.  I can help.  There were many gathered around you when you arrived, bleeding everywhere.  If it is not outside, then it is likely one of them has it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She frowned at the thought.
"Very well, we shall check around the village first." And she moved to rise, being careful of her wounds.
"You can lead the way."

Lion

He managed to spare her overcoat and cloak and they were dry from sitting beside the fire and he quietly put them over her shoulders as he threw his own on after.  Jouzan cawed and ruffled his feathers as if he hoped Theon didn't expect him to go along.  He hopped down by the fire and pecked at what left of Theon's stew.

Theon led her outside, following the trail of blood she had made until he found where he'd picked up.  "No sword," he said with a frown, even kicking through the snow.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ninn was quiet for a time, frowning as she observed the land.
"I suppose now we go and ask the villagers." And she adjusted the cloak over her shoulders and moved forward.

Lion

"Perhaps.  You know these people slightly better than I do," he said and followed her onward.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

It was true she knew the people here well enough, but it wasn't like this was her home. Trust was hard earned, and this place was barely on that list. But she knew a woman from here, though she was currently ill and was not doing well in these parts, but from what she could tell, the village was trustworthy enough.

So she went to the place she figured would have the answers-  Yannic, the peddler. He did trade with just about anyone in town, and if someone had something, he normally knew about it. She saw soft puffs of smoke coming from his hut.

"Come, I have an idea of where it might be."

Lion

Theon followed her to the small, ramshackle hut that had a fire roaring inside of it.  He opened the door, finding and older, well-weathered man inside and when he saw Ninn, his expression transformed.  "Ninn!" He said outloud and held a hand out to her, pulling her toward him.  "I heard what happened and I feared the worst!  Are you all right?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The woman grew stiff at his reaction.
"I am well. Thanks to this healer here. It seems this stranger has proved his worth."

Yannic raised his eyes curiously to Theon.
"I see." And he returned to Ninn. "Is there something I can do for you?" But then his eyes lit up as he said, "Ah, I know. You're here for your sword. I found it discarded in the snow. Teymu has it. He should have it cleaned and sharpened. Unless there was something else you had wanted?" But a shake of Ninn's head verified she did not, but the man then turned his attentions back to Theon.
"So you're a healer then?"

Lion

Theon watched the stern, stiff exchange, eyes lingering on Ninn for the time until Yannic addressed him.  "A healer?  No," he said shaking his head.  "Not by trade.  But I managed what I could and managed to pull her back from death's door."  He gave a smile and watched her again.  But his voice addressed Yannic.

"How do you know each other?" he asked curiously.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Yannic chuckled.
"Everyone knows me! I make it a point to get acquainted with any villagers or strangers. It does my position well to do so. One can't barter if one keeps to themselves. In fact, you would have met me eventually, I am certain even if it were not for Ninn here."

When Yannic was done speaking, Ninn cut in.
"Teymu... Where can I find him?"

"Eh? Ah eager to get back your sword I see. Well, more than likely he's in his cottage. But if not, try his brother's. Trey just recently returned so the pair might be catching up.

With a nod, Ninn turned around and left, and began to make her way up the southern hill towards Trey's. Odds are he was there over his own house any way.