Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Chocolate Covered Cherries (M)

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2013, 03:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Glancing up at his home, then to him, she simply stepped out of the carriage and intot he moonlight. In her white dress she looked like a ghost, her tanned skin, looking pale, and a bit clammy from the day. She left her mask inside the carriage, there was no need for it now, and simply walked towards the front door of his keep, not saying a word.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

He tipped the driver and slipped out from the same side of the carriage, but took her mask with him as he did so, peeling his off slowly as he stepped up beside her.  He unlocked the door and opened it, allowing her entry first.  "Please," he gestured and followed after her, closing the door behind them.  It was dark in the house and he carefully lit up the first lamp and turned the oil up, and did the same with the others until the bottom floor was sufficiently lit.  He stepped back to her and looked at her.  "Are...are you okay?" he asked softly, though he knew the answer without her telling.  "Let's just get some sleep.  It's quite late.  But perhaps a nightcap first."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Jinai ignored him for the most part, giving him the cold shoulder, though not really intentionally. She just didn't know how she was to feel after that,but after a time,s he only smirked and siad, "No, first, I want to get a bath."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Jude could understand and he nodded to her, showing her upstairs and the two buckets that remained beside the door.  When the water warm enough after putting it in the fire, he poured her the bath and left her a warm robe and a towel.  "If you need any help, or anything, let me know.  I'll be right upstairs," he said softly to her before gently closing the door behind him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

OOC: I had a random idea and if you want me to change it I can XD
I just thought it'd be cool so yeah ._.
PM me if you want me to change anything in this post 8D
-----

For the longest time, she lay in the bath, mulling over the events of her life so far- thinking back to her brothers and their times as kids. Her first kiss, her first rolls int he hay- and her first kill...
She drew her hand across her leg as she rested it on the lip of the bath, letting the water from her cupped hand spill across it.

Retkin.. to find out he had died after they had been separated for so long was still a healing wound, deep within her heart. She never opened up to many- not like she had with him. Contemplating leaving this place to visit his grave, she rethought it and let the idea fade away before she lay back within the tub and sunk down iwthint he waters.

She could hear the waters pushing at her body, at her ears, and slowly released some bubbles from her lips. When she opene dher eyes next, she had a plan. She had t get back to that ball-
and she couldn't let Jude follow.

Peering out into his room, she was thankful he remained still downstairs as she crept out against hte wood floors. Spotting her own costume, she was about ready to throw it on when she noted his jackal mask laying on a dresser. She hesitated, before approaching and slipped the black jackal mask on over her face and grinned at what she saw in the mirror. THen silently stumbling through his clothing,s he sought out something in black to wear. Making quick work, she was in a fancy black robed attire and a pair of his tall black boots and gloves for riding. She took one moment to admire herself in the mirror, before slipping out the window, a knife in her pocket and only one thing in mind.

And before Jude could stop her, she took his carriage and was heading back towards the ball...

Lion

Jude rushed to the balcony that over looked the city when he heard his door slam and his heard a carriage tearing down the street.  "Jinai," he muttered to himself and scowled as he saw the carriage pulling around the street headed back toward the palace.  He didn't waste anymore time and he quickly looked for his costume, and cursed when he realized she'd taken his mask.  "Damn that woman," he growled and quickly threw something on. 

He just knew whatever she was up to, it wasn't anything good.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Returning to the ball was a tad bit difficult, but after explaining herself as 'Lady Thames' and 'needing a wardrobe change' since her costume malfunction, they eventually let her pass. And hey, it didn't hurt that she charmed one of the cute soldiers while doing it. But that was all business. Moving through the crowd now, she kept her eyes ever alert. Like a shadow, she moved through the crowd, and like the jackal of her costume, she was trying to sniff out her prey...

It was when she did spy him across the way that a bell sounded and she looked up-
and it was announced the dancing was to begin.

Lion

Making his way into the ballroom, Jude had donned a white cloak and waistcoat, silkened to the touch, and a white pleated shirt that was immaculate in every way.  Of course he could not enter the ball without a mask, and a proper costume after Jinai had stolen his - only to cause trouble he was sure.  He went creative with the mask and the suit - or what was left of it.  He had tore open a pillow and strung the feathers around his neck in a sort of wreath.  His hair was well-oiled slicked back, though waves of it peaked up here and there.  A crown of feathers sat on his head over the mask and a decorative saber hung at his hip.  The Swan King.

He stood a the foot of the entrance as he watched the first couples begin to come together, among them a little fat man, and a little-small-for-her-height Jackal.  Jude danced with the first woman that had wandered over to his side and disappeared into the crowd.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Making her way, she tried not to appear too conspicuous as she neared the fat man. WHat was not to see? Who nkew what costume he wore- he smelled like a rat and was going to pay. Though as she neared him, she paused a moment to note who he was talking to.
"Renna.."
Shit.

Disappearing back into the crowd, she decided to sit this dance out.

Lion

Unfortunately for Jude, he got closer and watched the exchange as the fat little man spoke to the courtesan and he coaxed his partner to get a little closer to catch onto what they were saying.  If only the woman he moved with would actually shut the fuck up though, he might have a better idea.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Some other man had approached her, asking for a dance, but Jinai declined and kept her eyes on Renna and Vesirk like a hawk. A giggle later had them bowing to one another, then Vesrik extended a hand and the pair of them stepped out onto the floor.
Shit. SHe had to find a dance partner now to get close to them, and with no men near by her, she began to scout for at least someone she could bat her lashes out and get onto the floor. But the nly one she saw.. unfortunately, was Lord Christy. And she wasn't that desperate right now.

Lion

Thank Ansgar's balls another man was eager enough to cut it on Jude and his partner and he was more than happy to bow out - much to the chagrin of the woman - but he lingered on the side as the music went on without realizing he was sitting right beside Jinai.  He crossed his legs and dusted off his pants before peering across from him.  "Care to dance?" he asked plainly, brows raised beneath the mask.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Not realizing who was asking, but glad someone finally asked, she nodded.
"Sure," and took his hand without even looking at his face.

Lion

When she grabbed the hand of the Swan King, Jude smirked beneath the cover of the beak and he stood and followed her onto the dance floor.  "Nice mask," he commented.  "So, you come here often?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Turning around and recognizing the mask, then the face, her own lips dropped open.
"Jude.."
Paling a bit,then coloring, she set her jaw and danced stiffly with him on the floor.
"Apparently, I do,"s he replied with some bite. "What the hell are you doing wearing my costume?" And she looked him over with mild disbelief.

Lion

"I could ask you the same thing, but I think we would both end up with the same answers," Jude chuckled and turned his gaze across, trying to look for Renna.  "So what's your plan?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Well, the plan was to sneak into the ball without you, but it seems in that regard I've failed." Looking him over, then to Renna she sighed.
"I had.to come back..." And now she's glad she did. What if Vesrik tried to hurt another woman at the party? And the concern and anger was clearly written on her face.

Lion

Jude could readily read her expression and his mouth pulled down at the corners there, but he gave her a nod then.  "You're right," he said.  "But what exactly do you intend to do?  Stab him and get away with it? With armed guards in every corner."  He wasn't mocking her, but pointing something to be aware of.

They moved fluidly across the floor.  "We need something substantial.  Something that will hurt him for a long time."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai's eyes might have given away she had another motive. And she held her tongue, but kept a knowing gaze upon Jude.
Stabbing wasn't her style.
Poison was.

Lion

He read her eyes like an open diary and he gave her a grin.  "And how do you propose to get it in him?  A drink?  A scratch?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn