Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Apple Fritters and First Kiss Jitters

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2013, 04:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The embarrassing part of his question was....
She did! She day dreamed every day about how she'd be whisked away by some handsome prince, or even a stranger! But oh! How her bubble had been popped! Realistically, she knew most of the time she thought about kissing a guy, it was more of a fantasy kiss than one that was actually based on what propriety dictated. So trying to real back her dreams, she realized..
she still had no idea.
Sos he sighed and blew at some of her hair that had fallen over her mask.
"The problem is, I think too much!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Laighean hugged his sides and laughed, "Ah, a romantic. Aye joost a wee bit much." Now he was curious, "What aboot me brother, Draven? What do ye think o' 'im?" Draven really didn't seem like her type. He was just so...old and boring! Not that there was a whole lot wrong with that. He knew his brother would be good to any woman . 

visualspice

Aella blinked when things went back to Draven. She shuffled uneasily now beneath his gaze, violet eyes going to her skirts.
"Er, your brother is uh.. nice?" That didn't make her sound like an idiot to say that, right!?
Also, what should she say!? She felt panicked, and it might have appeared on her face, being she was shuffling around more uncomfortable now than before!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"Ye kin be 'onest. Ah won't be offended. Ah think 'e's a wee bi' old and boring. Sometimes a bi' too intense. Very focused , Draven. All work 'an no play. 'E's so busy thinkin' aboot 'ow t' survive tha' he sometimes forgets 'ow t' live. Even when we arrived 'ere in your clo- er Connlaoth." He blushed and grinned sheepishly , "'E does nae take any time t' enjoy the scenery , ye know? We 'aven't 'ad a chance like this in ce- er a long time 'an 'oo knows if we'll 'ave another one like it. Ah worry 'e pushes 'imself too 'ard. Ye know, ah offered t' 'elp 'im but he joost keeps treatin' me like ah'm a child. Sure, ah've made a few careless mistakes but dannae consider meetin' ye one o' them. Although, ah am sorry fer pretendin' ah was gonna kidnapp ye. "

visualspice

As he went on and on about his brother, she nodded at her lap, but curiously, peered up at him at the last statement. And she blushed.
"Er.. it was kind of scary..."

"You know.. I still don't really know how you all got in there. Did you really sneak past all the guards?"
And she leaned forward, curious to know more.

Paradox

Laighean smirked at her question. "Well, ah dannae know if ah kin tell ye. It's kind o' a Flannachadh family secret. " He crossed his arms and turned his back on her for a moment.He then turned around and dared to take a step closer to her , "Do ye really want t' know, princess? "

visualspice

Aella watched him with interest, but held a breath in anticipation, and at his words, she found herself blinking and releasing it.
"Well I..." then she nodded. "Y-yes. I mean... only if you want to tell me." And she leaned in closer, hoping to hear.

Paradox

Laighean leaned forward and whispered into her ear," Magic. A portal opened in my realm and ah walked through it because ah was really bored and curious. Believe me when ah say ah 'ad no idea tha' ah'd end up in yer wardrobe, but ah'm glad tha' ah did. " He stepped back and offered her a smile. "Ah'd tell ye from where ,but ah think ye'd 'ave a 'ard time believin'. Ah admit ah'd 'ave a 'ard time meself." 

visualspice

Aella's eyes were huge. She took in the story with wander.
"M-magic?" But now.. she took it in with fear. She had almost forgotten he was a mage! Rearing back, she looked awkwardly away from him.
"Yes er.." she blushed. "Well, anyone would." She said that part quietly as she blinked. "Magic is so rare since it's outcasted here." And she wrung her hands against her dress.

Paradox

"So ah 'eard. Ah 'aven't fergotten 'ow the guards pissed themselves when ah used magic. They acted as though they've ne'er seen magic before an' they spit out th' word mage  at me as though ah were diseased. Tried t' kill me , aye. An' ah would 'ave thought it were joost because ah gave ye a bi' o' fright, princess but wherever ah go in your country, people act like ah'm a monster. Ah dannae really get it. Ah'd ne'er 'urt a soul. ah'm a lover, not a fighter."

He then shook his head ," Ah but ah'm nae from around 'ere. Where ah come from, magic is the source of life . Joost a natural part o' th' world. Ah'm glad ah'm th' only mage in the family other than me mother. Ah'd 'ate fer me sister, Fi,  t' be treated badly." 

visualspice

"So you're from another place, that's not Serendipity?" That was truly interesting, even if the idea frightened her. "But you say only you can cast magic. Not your sister, or even Draven?" She blinked, trying to take this in as she made a face. "Then I wonder what he was going on about when we-" then she realized she nearly let something slip as her face lit up and she began to stutter. "Th-that is to say, that er um, when we t-talked when we were alone, you know he um.. brought up you guys."
She cringed. Oh no! That's not where she wanted to divert this conversation either!

Paradox

"Aye, ah'm th' only mage in born t' th' Flannchadh family. Ah'm a hydromancer . Tha's what yer people 'ave called me anyway. Water magic. Tha's me specialty. Ah kin manipulate the flow of water or create it out of air moisture but me magic is stronger outdoors when me spirit is linked with nature."

He shook his head, "But no, Draven has no magic except..." His expression hardened, "He's not supposed to use tha'. He promised tha' he wouldn't.  What did he say to ye, Aella? "

visualspice

Aella blinked.
"Ah, well, he.. he and I... well he.. he.. He didn't really say anything! We just.. talked!"
Er.. except she just said they didn't say a thing! Shoot!

Paradox

"Tha's a contradiction there," Laighean pointed out with a frown, " Ye're lyin' t' me. Ah dannae know why, but ah s'ppose ye're nae gonna say joost because he told ye to, aye?  What? Ye came back t' talk t' me because he asked ye? Is that it?  " And he'd been hoping that she genuinely wanted to speak with him. Goddess, that stung. "If ye cannae tell me, ah'll joost go find him meself."

visualspice

Aella paled and completely freaked out. She had no idea what to do! ANd to see the hurt in his eyes and knew the 'threat' from his words, she found herself suddenly- and most surprisingly beginning to cry.
"But he said he was after something important! That I couldn't tell you because he didn't want you to get hurt! He asked me to talk to you, to keep you calm and distracted and I-"
And here she found more tears rolling down her face.
"God.. I'm so sorry, Laighean, I just.."

Paradox

He hated it when girls cried. It was one of his weaknesses. Laighean looked and felt as though he'd just kicked a puppy. Wordlessly her reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a kerchief that was so clean and stiff that he was sure it was new and hardly been used. He offered it to her. "Ach. Tha's joost like the idiot! Aella, ah'm nae tha' upset wi' ye. Ah joost...when ye came back ah thought ...maybe ye wanted t' see me."

visualspice

Aella continued to cry, not entirely sure. She wasn't even sure if she could accept the kerchief as she lowered her head in shame.
"I... it's not that I just... I... I... was afraid. For you." And she peered up at him, tears blurring her vision. "I never meant to hurt your feelings, Laighhean. But I was just scared."

Paradox

"Why? Ah'm 'ardly in any danger, Aella." Well, that wasn't entirely true. It was dangerous alone being here when he wasn't supposed to , but nobody here knew his face aside from Aella and Draven. "What are ye afraid of? Nothin' bad is gonna 'appen to me." He took her chin in his hand and gently lifted it so she'd meet his gaze. With his other hand her removed her mask and then dabbed her tear-stained cheeks gently with the cloth.

What the hell had Draven told her!? "Ah'm joost tryin' t' understand what ye're on aboot. "

visualspice

She felt him dab her tears, but only more formed as she moved a hand to gently touch his to stop him. She shook her head.
"I promised I wouldn't say..." but even that made her cringed as she looked at him, eyes pleading him not to push- for she knew she'd just cave!

Paradox

Laighean caught her hand before she could push his away. He met her gaze and spoke firm but gentle," Dannae do this t' me, princess. Tell me the truth, " Laighean pressed and his eyes pleaded with her, "please."