Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Apple Fritters and First Kiss Jitters

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2013, 04:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"You did what?" Draven's rage was boiling over, and it looked as if he was about to hit him. The very tone in Draven's voice made Aella cower, and soon she found herself clinging onto Laighean's arm out of fear. "How dare you ask my intentions here when you so foolishly left our sister alone!!" he roared.
Oh yes, he could have hit him, and he would- had they been in any other place but here...
ANd yep...., by now, Aella thought she might piss herself at how terrified she was. Draven looked like the wrath of Angsar himself!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Laighean stood his ground, "I dare because your actions aren't any better than mine! Ye have as much responsibility to her as I do! Fi is in good hands right now or I wouldn't be 'ere. If ye don't believe me then go check on 'er yerself.  " Laighean spat back, "We're not children, Draven! We don't need yer protectin'. We can look out for ourselves. " He shook his head," Whatever you're up to, you're hiding things from us; it's not right and neither is it fair! We are your family and ye shouldn't keep secrets from us!  Mother would agree with me if she were here right now. Let me help, brother. Time is short and Guardian knows that ye need me. "

visualspice

Draven narrowed his gaze sharply at his brother.
"You have no idea why I'm here, brother." And even more sternly he added, "Go back home, Laighean. That's an order. It's too dangerous for you to be here right now and you're in over your head. Get back to Fiona."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Laighean's face flushed with anger and his jaw drew tight. So, that's how it was going to be was it? Fine then.  "No. I'm not taking any more orders from ye if ye can't be honest with me. If ye want me t' care for Fi, fine, ah can do that since ah seem t' be the only one that does, but ah'm not gonna sit round idle an' wait. Me an' Fi know where t' look so when ye feel like bein' a family again , ye can come and find us. In the meantime, I got a sister to take care of." He bowed, "  Well, dannae let me waste any more of your invaluable time, yer lordship," Laighean spat out the title nastily.

He then turned to Aella and adopted an apologetic look, "Ah'm sorry that he's sooch a borin' old ass. Evenin', Lady Nightingale, was a pleasure t' see ye again." He took her hand and brought it to his lips, kissing it a little longer than was appropriate. Then , he turned and walked away.

And Draven might have thought that Laighean was honestly going to listen to him, he had another thing coming to him! He was going to get what he'd come here for one way or the other. With or without his brother's help.

visualspice

"Laighean!" Draven tried to call after him, but it was to no avail. "Damn stubborn fool." He then growled beneath his breath and turned to Aella who, for that moment, still appeared, as rigid as a statue. Her skin was pale, her eyes were wide, and a moment later- she had fainted. Catching her in his arms, Draven swore again, and cast a glare at Laighean's retreating form before guiding Aella to a more private room and rested her against a feinting chair.

A moment later, Aella found herself awaking with bleary eyes. And she heard a voice.
"Lady Aella.."
"Hrm?" And she perked up to the sound, blinking as her vision resettled itself to form the picture fo a handsome man above her. And then she recalled what had happened as she sat up with a gasp.

"Relax, Lady Aella, here." And Draven offered her a cup of wine. "You fainted and I brought you in here to rest up. Just drink some wine and collect yourself. We needn't have your mother worried."

Accepting the cup with a nod, she drank some down and felt her head a bit bubbly from the immediate rush and, seeing color return to her face, Draven smiled and sat beside her.
"There now, does that help you feel better, Lady Aella?"

She only nodded meekly, not sure what to do or say. This had just been an awkward day so far- to think, she'd run into both brothers that had come out of her closet!

Paradox

"Too dangerous, he says. Don't got a right to question him, he says? I think the damned crown has gone to his big , fat, stupid 'ead!" Laighean grumbled moodily to himself as he stormed over to a refreshments table and grabbed another wine glass and poured himself something to drink.

As he turned away from table, he accidentally bumped into a peacock lady and nearly pissed himself. Crap! It was Duchess Melora! Fortunately for him, he had just enough grace to him to save himself the horror of splashing his drink down the front of the Duchess's extravagant costume.

"Ah! Duchess Melora! Ah'm so sorry 'bout that." Ahck! Maybe he shouldn't talk to her and just run away. Fast. There was still time! He could just slowly back away and maybe she'd turn her nose up at him and move along.

((lol...awkwards.))

visualspice

Turning towards the white tiger, her sharp eyes took him in.
"Do I know you?" the duchess asked, not seeming to care much for him unless she knew him as some sort of an acquaintance and really.. that accent.. how god awful it made him sound! So clearly, she decided, this was someone she did not know, and there for, would only make short, curt conversation with him.

Paradox

He was about to agree and say that he was no one of importance but then he thought of his brother and Melora's pendant and found his nerve, "Actually, ah'm Bryant Shanley. "

Bryant Shanley was the eldest son of Cormac Shanley, the latest Duke of Ardal following in succession of Conall Shanley whom was believed to have been murdered by mages. Of course, Laighean had no idea that he'd just claimed to be a duke's son but there it was. His accent was thicker than was normal for Ardal , but the people of that region did speak similarly.

His eyes looked over her, scanning for her pendant. There was , if he located it, still the small matter of figuring out how to steal it from her! "Nice costume. Very fancy, very slimming. " He lifted his wine glass and quickly swallowed down a mouthful. He'd need to do this several hundred times after speaking to her. Goddess was she a scary lady. He grinned at her and inquired jovially, " So what do ye think o' this party, eh ? Ah 'ear yer daughter might find a good match this evenin'. Must be pretty excitin' fer ye. "

visualspice

The duchess gave him a dark and scrutinizing stare.
"The Duke of Ardal's son?" she repeated, taking a step back to take the man in with a frown. "I believe it must've been some time..." and she put her hand out expectantly for him to take and kiss.
He was, after all, now on her radar, and she would dissect him with her eyes if necessary, and her gaze refused to let him go.

Paradox

What is she looking at me like that for? And what does she expect me to...? Laighean stared at her for a moment. Gross. I have to kiss that withered old crone's hand? So Melora wasn't all that old nor did she look half bad. He could see where Aella got her looks from. He forced a charming smile , took Melora's hand and kissed it lightly.

"Aye, that I am and 'tis been too long since ah've 'ad the honor o' speakin' with ye , your grace," He released her hand and kept up with the phony pleasantries which, to Laighean, felt so wrong. This wasn't like him, but he thought of the pendant and about home. He could do this. He could do this. Ah'm not scared o' her! ...well, maybe joost a wee bit. 

visualspice

Her smile was cold, despite his warmth, but at least she managed just that.
"And yes, my daughter has been quite active this evening." And she looked the white tiger over and  asked, "I take it you've noticed? An eligible bachelor such as yourself must have known such a beautiful creature such as my daughter would come to such a prestigious event."

Paradox

To think that if the real Bryant Shanley had been here, Aella could have ended up paired with some drunken slob. Laighean mentally shuddered at the thought.

At Melora's inquiry he nodded, "Aella? Oh, aye. She's very fi- " He cleared his throat and adjusted his collar. It probably wouldn't be appropriate or wise to speak what was on his mind to the girl's mother, "Ah mean, ah did see her a wee bi'. Quite popular with the fellows, aye ?  Ah bet ye 'ave t' keep 'em back with a stick. " He joked, but could see that Melora was being thinly polite with him. Goddess , did this woman have a sense of humor at all? " She's a sweet lass, your daughter. Very nice smile. So, ye think she's found a fellow? "

Did Aella even know how to flirt? She seemed so innocent and awkward! If she were to marry, hopefully it would be to a man who wouldn't take advantage of that.

visualspice

Melora's lips twisted into a trying smile.. for he really was trying her patient, and moved to stand to face him more properly now as she craned up her head. She looked every bit as regal as her costume suggested, a preening, beautiful, striking peacock-
Though even still, perhaps a powerful and mean one....

Her eyes remained sharp as they took him in, and after all of his display of interest, she simply asked, "Why do you ask, young Lord Shanley? Are you interested?"

Paradox

Wait. What?I nterested in Aella? Where did she get a silly idea like that? The tiger blinked a couple times. But Laighean wasn't the settling type! He was free as the wind! He'd never have to get tied down to one woman! He liked to sample all the lasses and there were so many!

But Lord Shanley , on the other hand, was probably expected to buy into the whole marriage outfit. Although she was only asking if he was interested. There was no agreement of marriage or anything like that and perhaps he'd have a chance to talk to Aella again. She was fun to tease and pretty adorable. "Aye, ye are an astute one,your grace. Ah'd be delighted t' meet 'er if ye would permit me too, o' course. "   

((and then Melora is like "TOO BAD. YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HER, YOU Ardal BUMPKIN. ))

visualspice

Melora only grinned when the man wanted to see her child. Turning away, the duchess told him, "It's a pity she's already with another gentleman as we speak. Perhaps.. at another ball?" And he paused in midstride as she was goign to leave, and gave him a dark grin from over her shoulder, much like that of a wolf's.

"Well, perhaps we can discuss Adrallian politics later. For now, I must make my social rounds." And she bowed deeply towards him, her peacock feather topped crown bowing along with her before she raised her dark eyes back to his and moved to walk away...

Elsewhere, it seemed Draven's attempts to get anywhere with Aella seemed.. fruitless. The girl was a bit too rattled, and too naive for him to really get any useful information or leads from her. But, at least he was in good graces with her mother and when he explained to her what he was there for- a piece of information to help his siblings, he actually.. asked her if she'd be able to assist him in distracting Laighean while he went about  with what he had to do.

"Unfortunately, it involves your mother, but please keep this between us. It could mean the difference between life and death for me.. Fiona, and Laighean."

Aella's eyes went so wide at this, all she could do was nod and.. well, somehow found herslf back into the crowd. She was seeking Laighean this time, but oh! It was so hard to find that white tiger this time. Maybe he really did leave? Should she tell Draven?

Paradox

"Bitch," Laighean muttered a little too loudly. Melora paused and he held his breath. For a moment, he was worried that she might have heard him . However, she said nothing and continued on her way. He turned back to the refreshments table and poured himself more wine. How could Aella be related to that witch? He downed one glass, poured himself some more wine and boiled in his own inner anger. What made Draven any more worthy than he was? He downed a second glass. "I'll show th' both of 'em, I will!" He growled and helped himself to yet another glass of wine.

He didn't notice Aella's approach until she was right next to him. "Oh, 'ello again, princess." He didn't seem quite as cheery as before.

visualspice

"Oh! Um I-" And the pep in her voice quickly faded, to something more unsure. "Oh er.. did I.. come at a bad time?" she said, flinching back a bit from him- afraid he might say or do something rash. He looked.. really upset!

Paradox

Sighing heavily, Laighean shook his head and set his wine glass down on the table. He turned to face her and forced himself to smile for her and leaned his back against the table, "Nae, don't ye worry yer 'ead, princess. Ah'm joost a bit steamed is all." He shrugged his shoulders, " Me brother can be so frustratin', ye know? Ah know he thinks what he does is fer the best, but he always shut everyone out and treats us as though we can't do a thing on our own. He doesn't even give us a chance."

He sighed again,thinking of Aella's mother. He wouldn't dare tell Aella that he thought her mother was a complete witch and that he felt really sorry for her so instead he changed the subject, " So, what brings ye o'er 'ere, eh? Surely nae t' 'ave a chat with lil ol' me, aye? Don't ye 'ave some long line o' suitors t' be entertainin'? O' course, ah'm not objectin' t' yer company! Ah'd say there ain't a better person in this room to share me time with." He meant it too. Out of all the people he'd met this evening, Aella was the only one with any bit of sweetness and decency. 

visualspice

Aella, who, after translating through his thick accent, finally realized he was paying her a compliment and flushed. But what was it that Draven wanted her to do? Oh! That's right! Ask Laighean to join her in the study while Draven talked to her mother. Biting into her lip, she turned to him and forced herself to smile.

"Hey, say, that's great you love my company and all.." she began lamely. "But why don't we carry this conversation into the study?"

And oh man! Did she ever feel lame delivering a line like that!
'He probably thinks I'm crazy! Oh no! Or what if he thinks i"m too forward! He could get the wrong impression and I..' but she couldn't finish her own internal thoughts as she gaped at him, going numb.

Paradox

Laighean looked at her curiously, but didn't think much of it. He was happy that she seemed interested in speaking to him. Her words were awkward , but he thought it made her all the more adorable .

Maybe she felt more comfortable talking to him in a more quiet location? He couldn't blame her, really, especially with her nerves being what they were. Or , perhaps she just wanted to escape her mother because he couldn't blame her for wanting to do that either. Laighean grinned at her broadly,  "Ah'd be 'appy to. Lead th' way, Lady Nightngale! "