Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Apple Fritters and First Kiss Jitters

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2013, 04:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

At his sudden conclusion, Aella gasped, "Oh no!" But her face was so red. "It's not like that! They're not really bad boys! Everyone just sees them that way!" And her face showed her genuine feelings for it, that she believed, whole heartedly, this men were good and true!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"Well, ah dannae," Laighean told her quite seriously, "pirates aren't very nice people t' begin wi'. What makes ye think they're good boys anyway? " He leaned in close to her smirking, "Maybe they're joost pretendin' t' be good t' impress nice lasses like ye, aye?" He leaned back , "Ah was joost pullin' yer leg, o' course. So what's so dreamy aboot this pirate prince?" He was curious.

visualspice

Aella gasped and grew defensive.
"No! He is not the kind of pirate you are thinking! This one had woken up far away from his kingdom and turned his life into piracy since he had lost everything he had, but having a good heart, he couldn't just do nothing with his life when he landed in this country where the poor were treated unjustly!  He used to steal from the rich and give to the poor!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Laighean was a bit taken aback by how sensitive she was over a story. He was also not so sure she understood what he meant by 'bad boy' but he wasn't about to ask her and make her more uncomfortable than she already was! Yet!

Was it of historical significance or a fantasy? Maybe he should have asked about that first.  He held up his hands in a gesture of helplessness, "Easy there, princess. Ah dinnae mean t' upset ye. Ah'm sure 'e's a real upstandin' gentleman. Ah really would nae call 'im a pirate though cos tha's nae what real pirates do. Ah but we're mincin' words 'ere, aye? "

"So,do ye 'ave any stories in yer country 'bout the really 'andsome Phantom Prince of Aerona?" He grinned at her. Of course,  he was referring to himself and of course he wasn't serious. Why would there be such a story? And assuming that there wasn't, he could always make up something ridiculous to entertain her with!

visualspice

"Aerona?" Her eyes lit up at the words. "Oh! I have heard about that kingdom! My mother has a collection that I've read through dozens of times in the library! There was this queen, one of the very ancient queens, who had her husband turn into a wolf! But it was rather sad.." she added with a frown."Because.." she could have cried."She had to kill him."

OOC: Try again, Laighean 8D

Paradox

"What !?" Laighean wrinkled his nose and looked a bit horrified. What a horrible story and it wasn't one he was familiar with either. "What kind of story is that!? That's horrible! Who wrote that!?" He shook his head, "Nae, ah'm talkin' aboot the Phantom Kingdom of Aerona and its royal family. Ye've ne'eer 'eard o' tha' story?  "

visualspice

"Oh, yes! But there are many stories from there! You should see my mother's book collection. The Aeronian stories are in this really pretty, blue leather binding with gold print. But anywyas! One of the stories from the Aeronian lost tails is about how the wolf of the forest lost her tail. She was a beast in one form, a lady in another, and she ruled over the earth in the ancient forests that this kingdom protected. THen, oh oh! There was this one family's tale that's so sad.. it was said they were the last blood line of Aerona. And it was said they were fated to fade away for awakening the dark magics they had been sworn to protect."

Paradox

Laighean  removed his mask and set it down to rest in his lap. He stared at Aella, blinking." Wow. Ye really do read quite a bi' .Ah was so sure that people had forgotten. It's been a few centuries since everything fell t' ruin. An' there's also th' bi' aboot the youngest prince bein' the most 'andsome. Almost as mooch as me. " He wagged his eyebrows at her in an absurd fashion.

visualspice

Aella blinked at him as he made that statement.
"It never mentioned there was a young prince int hat story. I just recall the heir being a soldier.."s he said, staring up at the ceiling thoughtfully. "A warrior king, much like his dad. Oh, and I do believe he had a sister, too! A really sweet girl who was found of the forests!"

Paradox

"Of course he's forgotten . Probably because he's a mage. The King left him behind to protect his mother and sister and defend the kingdom while he went off on some suicidal mission with a handful of warriors who all got slaughtered. Meanwhile , the prince had to hold off an army with what few defenders the King left with him and you know what ?He held the walls. But even after the threat was gone, the King still treated his younger brother as though he were an incompetent child-" Laighean realized that he was starting to get a little too worked up over this. Goddess he was so pissed off at Draven and the story of their past only reminded him of that.

visualspice

Aella blinked at the way Laighean was passionately going on about this kingdom. She.. didn't really follow all of it. All she cared about, mostly, were the romance tales, so she wondered ifs he had forgotten this part?

"Er.. I don't think I remember that part of the story, but then again, my favorite Aeronian tale was the one about the queen and the wolf."
And she paused to remind him. "It really was so sad and tragic. I can't imagine having to kill my husband to save a whole kingdom. She must have been so torn."

Paradox

Laighean's response was a little more emotional and bitter than he intended, but he couldn't help it, "At least she lived long enough t' be able t' make sooch a choice. The last Aeronans were 'ardly given tha'. They spent most of their lives fightin' joost t' survive ,but when they thought they'd seen an end t' the fightin',  they ended up cursed an' damned t' fade away from existence an' from history."

" The Queen lost her husband, three children an' then 'ad t' watch 'er survivin' children an' the whole kingdom slowly decay an' turn t' ghosts. They dinnae die...they existed for centuries , hundreds of years in a lifeless , light-less , cheerless realm where many o' th' senses failed them. Taste, touch, smell, hearing and some even lost their sight.  They could nae feel the warmth of an embrace, nor the chill of a blustery fall day, could nae the taste the food they consumed ,they could nae smell th' flowers. They could nae see a smile or hear a child's laughter."

"One by one, they were consumed by the curse that their ancestors 'ad brought on them. They became victims of loneliness and despair because there was nothing they knew that they could do to save themselves from what was to befall them. Slowly, the Aeronans lost not just their physical feelings, they lost their 'earts an'...ultimately their souls. An' now their kingdom lies in ruins and the stories that are left to remember them by are a grossly exaggerate and disrespect history. It's insulting and tragic that in just a couple hundred years, Aerona is little more than a myth told for the amusement of foreigners."

((Poor Aella. She has to deal with an angry, angsty Laighean!))

visualspice

"Oh..! I..." Aella fidgeted, not quite sure how to react to.. to well that! He seemed to impassioned by it, as if the very story were real! Though she was impressed he seemed to know a lot of history, she was still just uncertain of the full details of this story he just confessed! Though how was she to react to what he said? And so she found herself, gaping at him for a time before placing a gentle hand upon his shoulder.

"Is that story your favorite? You seem to have gotten quite upset over it. But please, don't be upset, Laighean. It was only just a story."

Little did she know!

Paradox

"No!" Laighean exclaimed when she touched his shoulder, "It's  not joost a story. It's history! It 'appened! An' it's one o' the worst stories ever! Can you imagine having to live like that? Forever!? That's even worse than joost dyin'! Can you imagine ne'er bein' able to experience life because it was over before it even began? Can you imagine watching everyone around you losing their minds? " 

Laighean covered his face with his hands and fought to compose himself. "Ah'm sorry, princess. Ah joost..." He couldn't tell her the truth. She'd never believe him. "Ah'm very passionate aboot me history. Er...ah mean history. It's me favorite subject o' study. Ah got a wee bi' carried away there." When he removed his hands from his face, he had already forced himself to smile, but it still wasn't all that convincing. This was truly bothering him.

"Ah'm a terrible date...eh?  Look at me, goin' on aboot history, probably a subject most girls find so borin'"

visualspice

Well.. none of that was expected! She flinched at his hollered 'No!' and then cringed as he went on about it. If she didn't know better, she could have sworn he was making it sound like this history were real...
Considering the story he said, she did believe it was awful.
"I..  I couldn't even begin to imagine." SHe said quietly. "It does sound awful..."
And then at his apology, she smiled up at him.
"You don't have to apologize. I'm the one who can't keep good conversations, remember?" And she hoped her more leftward grin might rise his spirits. He looked so upset!

Paradox

Laighean's smile grew , "Nae, but ye see tha's where ye'd be wrong. An important part o' conversation is lissenin' to people to an' ye've done tha' joost perfect. "  He considered , "But ah'm bein' a wee bi' disrespectful 'ere by steerin' this conversation o'er to me interests . Ye say this queen an' wolf story is yer favorite, aye? Well, ah ne'er 'eard 'o it 'afore. Maybe ye'd like t' tell me th' tale ?" Laighean had never really been a fan of romance stories. He found them all to be silly and unrealistic , but he was interested to know what she liked about it so much. He wanted to know more about her.

visualspice

"Well I.." she blinked, feeling embarrassed for being put on the spot again.
"I just.. really like good romantic stories, but that one just stood out because I felt really bad for both the queen and the wolf. You see, her husband was only trying to protect her, but in order to- he had to sacrifice himself and was turned into an animal. But the animal's instincts eventually took over his mind, and he became wild and confused, and terrorized the people of his kingdom. He even almost killed his own son in the end, but the queen rushed out to save him- and well.. the moment the knife sunk in, she swore she heard him say 'I love you' for the last time."

Aella could have cried.
"It was just so sad!" she said, then sighed dramatically and shook her head "Though I'm aware it's just.. a story. But still it just... well.." she shivered, hugging herself. "Romances as deep as that just seem so sweet." Then she added, "Oh! Minus the cruel ending, of course! Ijust wish his wife could have saved him. Rescued him from the demons that plagued him, you know? Give him a second chance!"

Paradox

"Yeah. Ah cannae say ah'm sooch a fan o' love stories. Ah mean, no offense, Princess but the lot o' them are fake an' a wee bi' unrealistic.Ah mean, quite a few o' them tell o' the heroine fallin' fer some guy she met aboot a day ago an' fallin' in love wi' 'im cause he's all 'andsome 'an charmin' an' sweet. An' they live  'appily e'er after. Ah joost dannae think it works quite like that. Ah like real stories aboot people. What aboot ye, princess? D'ye 'ave any romance stories o' yer own? What kind o' prince are ye lookin' out fer? "

visualspice

Aella, crest fallen at his words, made a face as if he had just spilled punch all over her dress. She was hurt, crushed even but when the question wound it's way back to her, she dropped her gaze onto her lap.
Closing her lips, she could only shake her head.
"I... I don't know.."
For now she really didn't! She felt so silly and foolisha nd wanted to cry!

Paradox

Ah. Maybe he should have kept his opinion to himself. He hadn't meant to cause her spirit to deflate so much and he felt rotten for it, as though he'd just kicked a happy little puppy. "Well, tha' makes two o' us , ah s'ppose." He went quiet for a few moments and then asked her , "Ye ne'er really thought aboot it mooch, ah take it? "