Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Creme Caramel

Started by visualspice, November 10, 2013, 08:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Dekka turned at the slap, red hair falling over his mask as he bared his teeth like an animals. But his eyes never left hers.
"For who? You or me?" he spat back, keeping his stance before her. "This entire worlds a fucking mess. Look what your husband's fucking done to it. Brought onto it a fucking war. Have you even seen what it's been doing out there, Kathryn?" And then he paused, his lips twitching into a dark smile. "Or maybe you have."

"Maybe you really support that fucker now?" he gave her a sneer. "Then maybe that's why you think it's Hell. Where do you think you're living in, Kathryn? Huh? This ain't no fuckin' Serendipity! This place is scarred over and you're telling me you want to stand by the man's side who's fucking responsible for it?" ANd he glare da ther. "I've got a fucking high bounty on my head. And it's because of you- the rumors, Kathryn, they're fucking real, or I wouldn't be waltzing around wroth a fucking one hundred thousand pounds of gold for it!" ANd he dared to step closer as he took a hold of her. "FOR YOU!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Oh my God, were those tears?  Was he making her cry?

She blinked rapidly, trying to hold in those tears even as she turned around so he couldn't see her cry.  A thousand things ran through her mind...  But each response seemed more lame than the last.  Her eyes fell back to the brandy, and she swallowed, then put her glass down deliberately and folded her arms over her stomach.

"I love my husband, Dekka.  You lost any right to be in my life when you left without even bothering to write."

visualspice

Dekka's eyes moved frantically at her words, before he laughed pathetically at her by them.
"Love him?" he turned from her and laughed again. "Kathryn," he looked right back at her now,  shaking his head as he was laughing again. "It was only his fucking status and yours too, that he married you. You think any of you fucking nobles know what it means to fucking love?" an dhe stared at her with wild, wide eyes. "Because if you think playing games is love, or being used is fucking loved... well you're fucking wrong." And he glared at her now with a new sort of anger. "What do you think we had Kathryn? Why do you think I fuckin' risked my neck each time to get to you? Why do you think I'd waste my fucking time and energy seeking you out every fucking time i couldn't but did?" And he was right in front of her face now, grabbing her by the shoulders. "Sometimes I can't keep making fucking miracles, for you, Kathryn! Two fucking years of hell I had to stay back, watching from all the way across the other fucking side of Connlaoth- wondering if you even fucking understand what I've done just to see you. Just to fucking be with you!"
And he paused, still holding her.
"Damn it, Kathryn! I love you!" And before she could stop him, his lips crashed hungrily to hers.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

He may have been in her face, but Kathryn was refusing to look at him.  This wasn't fair.

Angsar damn them all, it wasn't fair.

But he gave her no time to reply; all of a sudden his lips were against hers, and her heart was in her throat...

Gently, her hands lifted to his chest, and she pulled away from him.  The tears that were shining in her eyes had escaped and were winding down her face.  "Don't, Dekka.  Please, don't."

visualspice

Grabbing her by the wrists, he shook her.
"Then answer me, damn it. Tell me how you really feel about me Kathryn! About why you wrote me those fucking letters. Why you let me into your fucking bed all those nights.. ANSWER ME!" and he shook her again.

Ivory

"Dekka!" she gasped out, trying to pull away from him.  "You're hurting me!"

Not...badly...  It was more of the helplessness she felt than actual pain...

visualspice

"Then answer me, God damn it! Answer me and I'll let you go! Tell me you don't feel a fucking thing for me. That all those times we fucked, all those times we made love, didn't mean a fucking thing to you, Kathryn. TELL ME THAT! TELL ME THAT AND I'LL FUCKING LEAVE FOREVER!" he roared, never letting her go.

Ivory

Kathryn did the next best thing; she swung forward and drove her knee into his groin!

"Let me go, Dekka!"

What was he thinking?  He could just bully her, and she'd be his forever?

visualspice

And down he went, grunting to one knee. But one arm still held fast at her as he growled.
"Fine, I see you've made your answer clear," he growled, throwing her hand from his. "You want to play around with the fucking king of thieves like a toy? I'll show you what happens when you make him your fucking toy. But just remember Kathryn, you made this all fuckin' happened. ANd this is the part of the fucking story where his heart is crushed fucking again. Thi sis the last time I trust noble woman with my god damn fucking heart!" ANd he tore off the ring he wore around his neck on a necklace and threw it at her face. Then off he stormed, slamming a fist int a nearby wall, he would have let it go to flames if he could- before he stormed off towards the window and disappeared into the night.

Ivory

Kathryn staggered back as soon as he let her go, falling back against the drink cart and taking a deep breath.

...And, suddenly, a ring was being thrown at her, and Dekka was storming away, and...

"I did love you!" she exclaimed, as much to get him to stay for just a minute longer as anything else.  And it was the truth, after all.  More softly, she repeated, "I did love you."

visualspice

Dekka had just ripped the curtains aside when he whirled around.
"Then you can keep the fucking ring with your fucking heart. This ain't about the fucking past, Kathryn." And he slipped back out the window onto the ledge- just in time for a knock to come at the door.

"Grand Duchess Kathryn?" It was a guard. "Are you ok in there?"

Ivory

"I'm fine!" Kathryn all-but snapped at the poor guard as she strode forward to grab a hold of the escaping fox.  "Goddamn it, Dekka, stop for five seconds!"  Reaching down, she tugged purposefully on the fox's tail.  "Or I'll pull off your tail."

Really, she should have just let him go...

But somebody needed to pay for this whole mess, and it was going to be him!

visualspice

Turning around, he glared at her and yanked his damn tale off himself.
"I came here after years of waiting for it to be safe to get this sort of fuckin' hello, Kathryn. And you expect me to fuckin' listen to you now?" He looked her over angrily. "Why don't you go back to your husband and let him take you down with him, and this whole fucking world."

Ivory

Kathryn stared at him.  "Stop being such an ass, Dekka!  I'm trying to talk to you, but you're being..."  She made a helpless gesture, throwing her hands down at her sides.

"...You."

Had she really changed that much?  Didn't she used to love that impulsiveness and passion?

Almost without thinking about it, she reached for more booze.  This was going to be a long freaking night...

visualspice

"You've got five fuckin' seconds to explain yourself Kathryn, then I'm fucking out of Reajh for good."

Ivory

Five seconds?

She spent the first two seconds staring at him, wondering how on earth she  would do that...

And all she could come up with was one, simple fact...which may, or may not, have anything to do with Dekka and their relationship.

"My son died."

She sank down onto the couch, eyes falling down to her liquor.  Part of her hoped he'd be gone when she looked up.

"And you weren't here."

visualspice

ANd the last thirty seconds of the five, he spent staring in disbelief.
The shock hit him like a blast of ice. And then he felt himself shaking as he tried to steel it off, gritting his teeth as he thought it over.

"Fuck."

He had heard some rumors she might be with child, but news got to him slower than most and ...
A child?
How the FUCK did that slip out of his radar. God fucking damn it!
He wanted to punch things. Throw things and shout uot in vain. Trying to digest this all, he took a moment to swallow the knot forming inside his throat.

"Do.. you know who the father was?" he asked, almost growling the question as he looked away from her.

Ivory

Kathryn shook her head slightly.  "No."  There was just no way to know.  That was sort of the problem with taking a lover so soon after her wedding...

She was unwilling to repeat the first statement, and, so, instead, she said, "I had to find other ways to cope."  Like drinking.  And shutting herself off from the world...  "And Calent and I have only just started to talk again."

visualspice

For a while, Dekka said nothing again for a while before swearing.

"Fuck."

A child? ANd for all he knew, it was his. ANd she was alone here with that ass. It made his blood broil.
"Kathryn, listen to me. It doesn't have to be that way. You can make a fucking choice."

Ivory

Well, she'd gotten his attention, hadn't she?  There was a perverse sense of accomplishment in that...

She emptied out her glass again, then set it aside deliberately.

"I have made a choice, Dekka.  He's my husband."  She sighed softly.  "And right now, it's fun to pretend...even if it's all just going to come crashing down on me later."