Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dark Chocolate Eclairs

Started by visualspice, November 11, 2013, 12:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This is part of The Dessert Table. Please read the rules of the table if you wish to join! Thanks!

Also this song by Alter Bridge always makes me thing of the epic things Leif does! and his dramas!

--------------

The white wisps of smoke from his cigar wafted up from the tip's burning ash as the man leaned against the great stone wall that swept around the gardens in a massive frame. Vines crawled along the edges of it, and nightblooms were beginning to awaken, and the sky- already turning violet, was awaiting the night. The stars had come out, peeping out from behind a few thin clouds that were capped in gold light from the setting sun.

His own form was drafted in the same color, and long shadows stretched across the way, one of them hiding Leif Arrant from sight. The garden, although not entirely abandoned, offered a nice place of solace for the brooding man; for he had a lot to consider that night.

Much has happened in his life since he had dawned a real mask to become his alter ego: The Masked Mordecai. But even still, as he wore a different mask today, his brooding expression seemed open to the world. He felt as cold as his costume, which was a decadent display of pillows of silver sparkles and white. He and his wife, Lady Valentina, had come as a pair- the Snow King and Queen, and even his hair was painted in a white frosting and glittering in silver, to represent snow. His skin was also powdered over, his lips painted blue, and his insides now curdling into knots.

It had been some time since he had become married, and since he had been recovering from his wounds when he had attacked the church, and also..... since he had realized who the true identity of his masked partner was and had savedhis sister from the church. But an evil presence was lurking, this much he knew-
but even still, his thoughts could not be torn from how he had been treating his wife as of lately and well....

The fact he never told her he loved her was eating away at him- and tearing him apart, piece  by piece. He found a panged tear, prickling the corners of his eyes. No. He would not cry. He angerily flicked some ash aside from his cigar at the very thought of it before steeling back any tears and taking in a long, salty drag.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"I'll be right back," Audric promised his swan-wife with a warm smile as a lone figure caught his eye.  Decked out in white and glitter, the man was trying to blend in with a dark wall and failing miserably.  It was, actually, pretty comedic.

Of course, Audric knew who the figure was.  They had spent enough time in masks together -- and, anyway, he had heard Arrant's wife making introductions earlier.  Putting two and two together, he came up with Cai.

"You know what I wanted to come to the party as?" Audric began his tale for the umpteenth time that night.  His poor, poor wife.  "I thought about coming as a the Masked Mordecai, and I was going to send you a letter suggesting you come as the Shrouded Swordsman.  Do you like whiskey?"  Here, Audric fished out a flask from somewhere in his outfit and extended it out to his partner in crime expectantly.

(OOC: Just quick posting so no one else steals my intro! *zoom!*)

visualspice

Leif should have known he couldn't be left alone for long, so when Audric approached, he frowned and turned away from him, answering him simply, "No." About the whisky, and nothing else. He drank it, but it was god awful. And he didn't feel like a drink. Instead, he took in another drag and asked, "Why would you want to be a masked person at a masked ball. I heard they killed the masked mordecai. The news is all over the city."
Especially since he hadn't shown his face since the burning of the church....
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"Oh?" Audric answered, surprise registering on his face.  "That's news to me..."  He was watching the other man, curious to know if it truly was as final as all that...

Instead of asking, however, he asked simply, "How is she?"

Leif would obviously know whom he meant!

visualspice

At the sudden prick to the knife that was jabbing him in the heart, he glanced away. He kept his eyes on the garden grasses but said nothing. Anything he said would make him sound like an ass...
Or desperate.
And he was both.

Ivory

Audric's expression softened into a frown.  He had a knack for reading people like Leif -- Calent had given him plenty of practice, after all, so, instead of prying, he simply sank into a crouch against the wall to wait.

He'd say something.  Eventually.

visualspice

After a while, Leif contemplated the meaning of 'she'. Was he here to check on Attie or his wife? Surely Audric could't have known about his relation with his wife...
Picking up his gaze, he peered over at Audric. "Attie's alright. She's been mending well."

Ivory

Audric nodded slightly, his concern apparent.  "How are her nightmares?"  An event like this was certainly not something one would get over quickly...  Her body would heal more quickly than her emotional scars.

"If you ever need a place to stay, either of you, you know my door's always open."  He glanced in the direction he had left his wife, then adding, "Nera doesn't know."  So they might want to avoid telling her...  But his lodges!  Yes, those were always open to them!

visualspice

Leif frowned at the idea of Audric's wife and simply replied, "Valentina doesn't know either..."
And he frowned as he thought over Audric's words.
"I don't think I'll need to use the offer, but thanks."

Ivory

Audric nodded slightly, taking a sip from his flask before tucking it away again.  He thought it gave his outfit a hint of style -- and, besides, his flask was marginally bigger than the wine glasses!

"So, what are you doing out here all alone?  Not a fan of parties?"

visualspice

Leif shot Audric a glare. His reputation was someone that loathed parties. What was his game? So instead of obliging him with an answer, he put his cigar back to his lips and breathed in, before releasing the smoke through his nostrils.

Ivory

Audric shrugged slightly, again, not really all that surprised as he leaned comfortably against the wall.  He was more of a social man himself, but...

These definitely weren't his type of party.

Exhaling softly, he turned his eyes skywards, searching the stars in the heavens in peaceful silence.  He couldn't have put a name to it if he was asked to, but there was a heavy feeling around Arrant...which was interesting, given black clouds seemed to follow him around on a daily basis.  But there was something else, something Audric felt obliged to address.

But if Leif were anything like Calent -- and they were, from what Audric knew, a lot alike -- he'd just have to patiently wait the other man out.  And wear him down.

visualspice

Realizing Audric wasn't about to go away, he peered over towards him before he sighed.
"If you must know, I came out here to avoid running into you."
But as soon as he said it, it made him smirk, but only a bit before he stared back down at his boots, the smile fading.
"And no.." he said, rolling his cigar between his fingers. "I never was a fan of balls."

Ivory

"Well, that sure didn't work," he chuckled out loud.  Sitting all alone dressed like, well, that certainly hadn't helped his cause...

"This is the first ball I've ever been invited to."  Connlaoth certainly hadn't had many of them in the past few years.  And the tea parties and other events he had attended, welll...  They weren't balls, were they?

"I pictured it being different.  A lot more confined.  And a lot more dancing."  Calent had hated going to these things, but if they were like this, what was the problem?  He could make his appearance, then shut himself up in a room somewhere.

visualspice

Leif wrinkled his nose.
"I almost forgot, you were new to this sort of thing," he said irritably, then peered over at Audric and his perky persona. "Where's your wife, anyway? Is she becoming that stifling you had to seek me out?"
In other words, he was hoping Audric would recall the wife he just abandoned, feel guilty, and leave the brooding man be.

Ivory

His question made Audric grin.  "She's catching up with some of her friends from school.  What about your wife?  I saw her earlier, but I'm surprised you're out here alone..."

It did seem odd!  But, then, perhaps, that was just Leif's personality again!

"You should go offer her a drink or a dance.  Or both."

visualspice

"The dancing hasn't started," he began to say, and frowned as he looked down at the cigar now held between pinched fingers. "And I doubt she'd want to see me right now." After all.. he had been  quite the ass...

Ivory

Audric's eyebrows lifted a bit beneath his mask, and he frowned.  Well, that explained that, didn't it?

"Alright," he said, giving a slight nod.  Listening.  This was something he could do.  "Any particular reason?"

visualspice

Leif frowned when the subject was pressed, but sighed, because he knew it was eating at him and he did want to get it off his chest. Better Audric than nobody, lest he become ill from it tearing up his very insides.

"We fought." he said, staring at the smoke drifting off his cigar. "I've been.. keeping Valentina inside a lot because of what happened at my wedding..."
Surely, Audric can remember the famed shooting- Leif had nearly been killed- and not by someone that even knew about his masked alter ego! Leif had made quite a spectacle of himself in society in order to spite his parents.. and it angered a lot of rather radical people...

"It's been many years and she... believed she'd be safe. But she won't." He stared down at the floor.
And sadly, where Audric might believe it's becuas eof his masked alter ego..
it was because he knew his wife was a mage.

Ivory

"Why wouldn't she be safe?"  Audric asked, sounding legitimately curious.  It had been a number of years ago, after all!

As for women, well, they were something men knew nothing about -- Audric included.  He and Nera got along so well that when they weren't getting along, he had no idea how to handle it!

There was a rustle behind them, suddenly, startling Audric into half-rising from his crouch when a girl dropped down from...  What?  The wall?  The tree?  He looked up quizzically, then back down to the girl.  Flowers, ribbons, and beads were woven into the girl's red hair.  A simple dress, the color of an afternoon sky, was all that she wore -- no mask, no gloves, no shoes, no hat...  It was old-fashioned -- perhaps some sort of reference to a historical figure?  She wore no mask, however...

"Sorry t' interrupt.  Joost lookin' fer m' brothers!  Ye 'aven't seen 'em, 'ave ye?  Bit o' an emergency..."  Audric opened his mouth to reply, but she shook her head.  "No, nevermin'.  I'll 'ave t' fin' 'em m'self.  But, tell 'em I'm lookin', will ye?  Thanks!"

Without a word more of explanation, the girl dashed off, disappearing inside.  Audric's mouth was still slightly open, so he closed it and sank back down beside Cai.  The best thing to do in these sorts of situations was to ignore it completely.  Yes.

"Well, you can't just leave her locked inside forever, whatever the reason.  She's a right to be angry at you."

-----

Fiona is exiting to Vanilla Pecan Candies