Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dark Chocolate Eclairs

Started by visualspice, November 11, 2013, 12:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caerina

Valentina just wanted to see her husband. Perhaps she wanted to smooth things over with him, because their last argument was tearing her apart with guilt. But, as she heard two voices, she stopped herself, recognizing one was Leif. He was talking with another man, and she stood far enough for her to hear their words.

She covered her lips with her hands, because if she didn't she felt like she could've screamed. He knew it all about her and he never told her. And, she just couldn't believe how many things she kept from her. She felt dizzy, and wondered how much would she hear if she came earlier. What other dark secrets did he keep away from her?

That was when she realized that he would never believe her, and it somehow made her feel even worse.

visualspice

Leif had no idea his wife was around, watching and listening in as he drew in a careful breath, then angrily tossed his cigar away.
"Gods... I've made a mess of things. My whole life is messed up. My wife hates me, I can't protect her, I go out at night in my mask and to see Attie.." he shook his head.

"And I treat her no better than my wife. Who am I fooling to try to keep them locked inside, as if birds in cages? But what other choice do I have? Valentina has no idea what happened at the church, nor does she know I saw her, even before hte engagement was accepted- I knew she was a mage and I just... Gods.."

He raked a hand through his hair. "I don't know what to do. I don't know if I can even tell her all of these things." And he blinked is eyes, almost as if he wanted to cry. Yes.. his life really was messed up, and nwo he had all of his eggs in one basket, and they looked about ready to tumble all out.
"Maybe I should just leave this place." he muttered and moved to turn away from Audric. "I' need a drink." And as he turned to leave- he nearly ran into...

"Valentina.." And his entire face went white.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

Valentina took a deep shaky breath when he ran into her. No, this was not happening. She shook her head. She was frustrated, angry, sad all at once and she didn't know how to channel it all at once. What was she to do now? A mixture of confused thought ran over her head.

"Leif.." her voice was almost desperate "I can't do this..." she said as a tear traced down her cheek.

She turned around on her heel and left as fast as she could.

visualspice

Leif felt his entire heart sink into his belly, like a cold stone, weighing him down. ANd it was like slow motion as he watched Valentina run off. His legs, like weights, would not budge as he took but two steps towards her and called out, "VALENTINA!"
And once the reality smashed into him like a glass ball, he rushed after her. He had to do something!  He had to explain!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

She didn't stop, it was to hard to do that. The gardens were large, and tears smudging her sight weren't helping her to find her way back. She wiped her tears with her hand, like a child, and continued thinking in silence as she entered back to the ball room. She didn't want to talk about it, nor did she want him to say that he is sorry. Actually, Valentina wasn't sure what she needed, but she knew that she had to distract herself before she broke down. And this was not the time nor the place to do that.

Ivory

Audric rose as well.

Well.

Damn.

The pair went dashing off, and, after a minute, Audric followed.  He was worried about Leif -- and the least he could do was what he had always done: watch his back and be there if the other man needed him.

-----

Following Leif and Valentina to Waltz of the Sugar Plum Candies