Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A 'Parfait' Night

Started by visualspice, November 13, 2013, 11:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

This was not the first place Mercuxio Rastognlir expected himself to be.  His furlough had been extended for a few months longer, and the priest had used that time to revisit the Rastognlir manor, the house that had been in his home for generations and generations.  The welcome had been lukewarm at best, with his mother, brother and Severine giving him proper welcomes.  Darian was less enthusiastic, but he expected no less of her.

Merric had settled into his chambers, that his mother had preserved for her son despite his father's best efforts.  Dardanus had greeted him coldly, with little more than one or two words.  He informed him of the upcoming ball, and his expectation to attend.  Mercuxio had surprised him by agreeing that he would and when at last the time came, the priest had traded in his robes for the leather, hide, and fur armor of Banorim, the legendary bandit king of ages past.  He filled it out well, for he was broad-shouldered and powerfully built, and held the fur cloak over his shoulders and donned the lynx-faced mask of his costume.

Balls never were really his thing, but he was a Rastognlir and his family had always been staunch supporters of their nation, the crown, and the traditions it stood for.  So he went to the Grand Duke's palace and once there, had spoke respectfully to the faces that paraded before him.  Women leered at him, men saw him as a threat, but they knew not of his true vocation.  He was a priest and touched neither drink nor flesh, not in the years since his oaths.

But he was growing bored and sought refuge from the crowds, from the face, of the nobles who knew him by nothing more than his surname.  So Merric wandered the palace, where he was allowed to go and soon found his way to the stargazing tower, a lone section of the palace that, thankfully, most of the guests seemed most disinterested in.

Merric wandered near the railing and stopped short of it, but not before craning his head up and peering at the stars, wondering what they read for him this night.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Attalia, thinking she had been alone when the 'father and son' had left to go join the dancing, found herself smiling at the song now playing..
And now assuming she was by herself, she softly hummed the lyrics to the song, not realizing an old acquaintance remained near, for her eyes were still towards the heaven, and that's where her mind lay as well-
to those dazzling heavens and beyond.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Merric had been admiring the stars for so long he hadn't even noticed there was another person not far from him on the other side.   They were beautiful, especially on a night like this.  He could see why the Grand Duke chose this night of all nights to throw his ball.  He wanted people to admire this, at least.

When he saw someone move into his peripherals he turned his head and smiled softly to the woman beside him.  "Lovely isn't it?" he asked, pointing up to the sky.  "A bit chilly, but worth the view.  You can see the Talisman just up there to the east, crossing the Serpentine, near the north east."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She hadn't realized the voice was familiar, and only took in the man's words as she smiled sheepishly towards him.
"Yes, it is," she tld him softly, the music from the ballroom carrying up around them in a beautiful echo. "Though my favorite is the tiger, the one pointing to the south. I always thought the stars in it's eyes were the most beautiful."
After a moment, she smiled a down at her hands before commenting,
"I hope I wasn't bothering you. I didn't know anyone else had come up here."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Not at all," Merric admitted while peering up at the constellations.  He could make out the tail end of the large cat in the sky, but little else.  "It's nice to learn a little astronomy from someone that isn't some dusty tome."  Merric smiled at her and pointed up again.  "I'm afraid I don't see the stars of it's eyes, could you point them out to me?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Not at all," she told him, smiling as she leaned near and pointed. "See those dusting of stars? The one's twinkling that sit low, over the south? They almost appear green. Those are his eyes and if you follow it to the circle around it, there's it's head, and there.." Her finger continued along an arch shape of four star. "There's it's body. And ah, there, it's little tail - the three more closer together ones there."
Smiling, she turned to him and found herself taken a bit by his costume, and the handsome features, even behind the mask as she faltered into a smile before her eyes met to his. Though as she looked at him... something seemed... familiar....

Lion

Mercuxio saw the tiger forming in the sky as she pointed it out to him.  It was a beautiful sight and nearly as breathtaking as the companion beside him.  "It's beautful," he murmured as he peered down at her.  A smile touched his lips.  "Um...do you know anymore?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

His inquiry broke her from her thoughts as she smiled, albeit sheepishly and looked away.
"Well, there is this cluster to the North. Though it is not part of any constellation. I just find it beautiful. Do you see it there? Just off to the corner, to your right, almost as if it's stuck in a cloud in the heavens."

Lion

"Oh yes, it's amazing," Merric replied with no shortage of awe.  His smile grew.  "They look like a mixture of rubies and sapphires in the sky don't they.  It's amazing though how something so far away could still shine so brightly.  I guess these are gems we all can share no matter your wealth."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yes," she said thoughtfully, staring up at the stares and recalling a few pained memories from her past-
and the twinkling lights set across the sky began to waver- and her head felt light, and suddenly she found herself falling towards the floor.

Lion

Merric peered at her when she fainted suddenly and stood over her.  "Madame?" he asked, nudging her softly with his foot.  "Are you all right?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: lol! He would just let her fall then nudge her 8D
I thought he was a gentleman D8

------------

Thankfully, she had caught herself before completely collapsing, and held a hand to her temple.
"I.. I just feel dizzy. I just need a moment, then I should be alright."
Damn. She had hoped these dizzy spells would have passed by now.S he had been lying to her brother, saying she had been getting better...
Though it was partially true. The nightmares were ever present, and on occasion she'd become quite ill and the illness would not pass for days.

Lion

[You always do that to my male characters, expecting them to catch the fainting damsel. XD Merric would have caught her, but I deliberately made him not do it.]

Merric reached down and pulled her up, righting her and making her stand.  "There you are," he said, letting her go.  "Are you sure you're all right?  You look pale."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: Pfft, then you're not being true to your characters!
Stop letting the writer get in the way :P

---------------

"I... I just get ill from time to time. It should pass. I'll be ok." She drew in a careful breath to calm herself, the light headed feeling soon faded as she peered up and looked into his eyes. "Thank you. Though uh.. forgive me for inquiring, but should you not be down in the ballroom with the rest of the guests? It sounds as if they've begun dancing."

Lion

[Then you should listen to your own advice.  Not all women faint all the time.  All of yours seem to, however.]

"I would be, I came up here, though, to get away from the crowd.  Just to get a breath of fresh air," he explained, averting his gaze and peering out to the stars again.  "Though if you'd like me to leave, I would oblige you.  I'm sorry if I'm bothering you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: Pfft! But some of them wear corsets! Why do you think the fainting couches existed 8D
though you're probably right.. but I can't help it if some women can be delicate!
u_u

--------------

"Oh, forgive me. I did not mean to come off seeming rude. I just..." and she blinked, realizing, yes.. he really did look familiar but she could't quite put a name on it. SHe'd have to be careful, lest her true identity be discovered- and then she'd truly be dead!
"You're not bothering me at all." She smiled,and tried not to appear as awkward as she felt, and turned away from her companion towards the skies.
"I suppose we both are up here for the same reasons." And at that, she stole another small smile his way.

Lion

Merric smiled at her and he laughed a little.  "Then there's no reason we shouldn't enjoy the stars together, don't you think?  Though, admittedly, I do like dancing.  I just prefer to get away from the crowd."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I feel the same way. Ballrooms can be quite confining, but it's been sometime since I could ever admire the stars truly as I do now." ANd she craned her head up as she leaned against the stone balcony and took in the skies with wonder before spotting the glittering trail of a shooting star.
"Oh.. look!" and she leaned in cozily towards Merric. "A shooting star..."
And as it had been before, in their youth, she found herself whispering, "Make a wish." And she turned away from him to right her shoulders as she closed her eyes, making her own wish in silence before informing him, "I wish for peace." And then smirking, quite quirkily, she beamed, "I know you're not supposed to reveal the wish but... it is a nice thought." And she looked back up towards the skies, a longing expression holding within her eyes.

"Do you ever wonder what's out there? Up where the stars are, I mean."

Lion

Mercuxio had seen the falling star but had refrained from making a wish.  He said nothing as Attalia mused and he just took his eyes between her and the stars.

"Up there?" he asked.  "Sometimes.  But I know there are many important things down here.  Enough that I never feel I have to worry about what the stars may be.  Life is interesting and mysterious and enchanting enough as it is, isn't it?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Attalia mulled over his words, but still kept a dreamy stare to the heavens.
"Or, perhaps there's too much here that one feels they'd be better off escaping to the stars.."