Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A 'Parfait' Night

Started by visualspice, November 13, 2013, 11:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Merric's smile faded and he leaned into her, his hand touching what blood she didn't get on the kerchief.  "I'm sorry to hear that," he found himself murmuring.  "I'm sorry I wasn't there...  I should have been."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Attie flinched a little at his touch, before touching the kerchief there and looking up into his eyes.
"But you weren't... and we both disappeared. Besides... what could you do? When I found out I was a mage... well I... Leif and I tried to keep it a secret. But it seems fate had other plans."
She frowned as she looked into his eyes. "And to think.. my family thought that curing me was the right step. I never thought they'd be so cruel. What happened to me I.." and here, she found herself shaking, tears filling her eyes.
"Forgive me." she turned away, holding the kerchief now to her tears. "I still have nightmares over it. And at times, it has gotten so bad I've wished I really was dead."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Merric knew there was really nothing he could do for her, nothing to take away the nightmares forever, perhaps not even talking about them would help.  His heart sank at the thought but he remained steadfast by her side.  Squeezing her hand again, he peered at her with solemn eyes and leaned in.  "Perhaps that's a sign then," he began, trying to come up with the proper words.  "I-I mean...  We met again, after what happened in the rain.  I mean to say, that I know you can't forget, though you wish you could.  But maybe, we can escape, even for a moment, in...each other."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Attalia's eyes searched Merric's, as if searching for answers before she lifted a hand again to gently touch his face.
"I don't know what fate has in store for me. But thank Angsar I am still alive." And here she found her tears seeping down her face once more. "The things they had done to me Merric... they thought they could cure me of my magic- wanted to figure out it's secrets.. all the while I was screaming as their devices cut into me, cut through me- and I wanted to die..."
Her eyes remained glossy as she cupped his face.
"For this I have nightmares, but to see you again.. it reminds me of a time when nightmares didn't exist. A time when I was not afraid, but now... now I am terrified of even my own shadow, or any noises that go bump in the night."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Then think not of such things, if you can help it.  Instead think of me, how we were, how we are now.  Like I said, I can't imagine what you went through.  I would have been there to protect you if I could, but our fates parted us.  Attalia...what I'm saying is...escape from those nightmares, though me.  And I'll escape from mine, through  you.  Do you understand what I'm saying?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yes, but it seems you do not." Attalia said, her eyes still brewing with tears. "How.. how can we do such a thing, Merric? Did you forget I'm supposed to be dead? I haven't left the manor home my brother has hidden me away in for months, Merric. The last time I was out was when I ran into you." And this made her smile as tears wavered across her eyes. "Though it seems fate wants us to meet, even on those rare occasions."

Lion

"Then in these rare occasions, let us rejoice.  Don't question it, don't fight it...  But...you seem insistent to throw such a thing to the winds.  I understand more than you know.  It isn't right to just rush into things.  And it isn't like me, I know," Merric reasoned and patted her hand, giving her a trying grin.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

It was here Attie smiled at him as she took his hand into her own and threaded their fingers together.
"Then in rare moment, I am yours."
THough as she peered into his eyes, darkened from the night- it begged but one question.
"What... has become of you all this time, Merric? You... just sort of disappeared. Have you been alright?"

Lion

"Away," was all he could allow himself to answer.  "I've been gone a long time."  He swallowed hard on a dry throat.  "Just away."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At his tone, and dodge of the question, she stared at him worriedly.
"Has the war gotten you, too?" she spoke, her voice barely above a whisper.

Lion

He nodded at her words, and gave her a sigh.  "I wouldn't even know where to begin.  You haven't the faintest idea," Merric frowned at her and suddenly found himself sobbing, dropping his face into his hands.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Attalia hadn't expected this sort of reaction.
"Merric!" She hesitated at first, startled to watch this man from her past suddenly break down in tears, but soon found the strength to approach him as she gently placed a hand upon his shoulder.
"Merric. It's ok. You don't have to tell me now. I understand." And before he could protest, she moved to wrap her arms around him.
"We have time. If you ever feel like talking, you know I'm here."

Lion

Merric shook and trembled with the volatility of his emotions.  For more than ten years he had kept them in check, had kept them pushed so deep inside of himself that he never thought they'd resurface like this.  "You would hate me," Merric whispered to himself, hoping against hope she would not catch those words.  He squeezed her against him.  "Just kiss me, Attie.  Just kiss me."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: She's making him forget his vows D8
scandalous!
------------

She caught his words, but didn't press. The man was obviously already in distress, and what he meant by it, she could only assume it was horrible. The poor thing. And at his words, she found her own eyes seeking his as she cupped his face softly, and then leaned forward and kissed his lips.
Maybe for now, their moment alone, they could forget what plagued them. But even she knew that one day, they'd have to wake up from this dream.

Lion

[It's just a distraction to keep from having to tell her the truth]

Merric leaned into her.  As much as he didn't want to wake up from this surreality, he knew they would both have to.  But until then, he would enjoy her touch, her kiss, her voice, her embrace.  And the weight of all the years seemed momentarily to melt away and his breath was taken from him as the salt of his tears slipped onto his lips.  He kissed her with need, almost possession, until he needed to breath once more.  Merric pulled away.  "Attalia...I can't keep it from you...  I couldn't live with myself either way.  Attie...I'm-I'm involved...with the Church...  I am a priest."  His hands let go of hers and he slipped away.  "I understand if you never want to see me again.  If you hate me, if you leave.  I will understand."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Attie's first response was to laugh. And she did.
"Merric, this is a horrible joke of yours. Come now, don't be so stand off ish. I saw the tears in your eyes." But even as she smiled and laughed at him, she quickly realized the man was tellign the truth. And her face fell, the smile slowly fading as her eyes moved to take him in.
"Gods.." she whispered, eyes going wide. "You're... you're serious."

Lion

Mercuxio felt his tongue grow still and would move now more no matter how much he willed it.  He nodded to Attalia and was the first to stand.  He didn't know what else to say, what could he say?  Merric stepped away from her and gave her a sorrowful bow of his head and frowned.  "It seems this must be goodbye.  Perhaps for the better.  You know the truth, where I've been, as much as you ought to, and that's that."  Merric stepped away, afraid to be near her, afraid what it could mean for his place, for his mind, for his soul.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Attalia, too in shock over the matter, couldn't even say her goodbyes. Her tongue felt like lead, her body numb as she merely stared at the man, then through him. It was just too much to take in. They had been kissing but a moment ago, dancing beneath the stars and now...

Now she found out he was a priest. And it was only then she realized how much there was wrong in the world as a hand cupped over her cheeks to hide the sorrow that began to consume her.

Lion

It was to be the last Merric would see of Attalia Arrant, of the woman he had loved since  youth.  But this was the path Ansgar had set him on.  Their fates had converged for a reason, and now they were rifted for what was to be their own paths.  He was as confused and conflicted as she was, but he could bring himself to bring those things to light, that which had been buried deep inside him for so long.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

With wet eyes, she found herself despairing and racked with emotions. And long after Merric had vanished, along wtih her tears, she finally took flight, rushing down the spiraling stone steps of the tower and going to her private carriage. She needed to go home. She needed to get away from here. There was just too much weighing on her she felt as if she could just die. Once in the carriage, she let herself cry again, and was nearly asleep by the time she had gotten home-
and her mind was on one thing-

That Merric Rastognlir was apart of the church.

OOC: This ends Attie's experience at the ball 8D