Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The FALL OF A BALL: sub-event for Connlaothian Civil War [closed]

Started by visualspice, January 12, 2014, 08:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Another sub-event is under way! Around the same time as the Fort Attack, the nobles will be invited to a massive ball to take place in the Duchy of Hellvion under Duchess Melora's care. The ball is to announce her daughters engagement and she aims to celebrate in excess and decadence!

This is open to nobles for plotting as well as mage rebels for this is a preplanned event where the ball is going to blow up in the end. The idea was coined by kleine and now refined by me to fit into scenarios I've been preplotting for the event :)

So add your two cents here. And also, there is to be an event to follow (which may or may not be apart of this event, or a separate thread all together, we shall see!) where the rebels are chased out and another 'slaughter' occurs in one of the Hellvion cities, which will be conducted under the order of the 'God of War' (Krah). This, of course, fueled by Melora's rage that her event was ruined, will fuel her anger towards the Grand Duke and possibly begin more tensions among the duchies who support him AND be a turning point in Krah's career where he's forced to reconcile for his transgressions against Hellvion so the Grand DUke can save face.

Lots to discuss so..
let us discuss! Nobles (minor and major)- let me know who might be interested and we'll see how we might want to tackle this said event :)

Also, I might need someone to volunteer for Aella's fiance! Must be a nobleman who's (obviously) not married and in good standing- someone that a strict and snobbish Duchess would accept need apply.

OH yeah, and rebel mages (Such as kleine's character Olive) can join as well ^_^ but kleine currently has the say in how the rebel portion will be planned :3
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

Are the Treyburn's (-Jana and Redly) invited to this ball? 8)
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Yep! All nobles, unless Melora specifically hates your character.... will be invited! She wants to show off to the world her daughter (as usual) and the engagement is just another wonderful excuse for her to flaunt her money and power.

Oh, and I forgot to post inthe topic starter but all civil war threads- please read the info page before plotting/ and posting here. Thanks!
Info page link is here.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vincent

I could offer a potential fiance for Aella. Perhaps Ewan Rodric or one of his elder brothers (not the heir, Bowen).

kleineklementine

Just a quick response for now!

My characters Avery Carwick and Constance Carwick ("Olive") will definitely be there and involved. I will also post some more info here about the "rebel mages" involved.

But I mostly wanted to say: if you want to be involved in the rebel mage element please pm me! It's going to be a pretty small group of mages working clandestinely, but if someone wants to be involved, we can probably figure something out. But definitely please let me know!

Oh, and on that note, Silas Greene will also be there.

More later!

Paradox

Off the top of my head , I can only think of Laighean and possibly Orin (whose profile is still needs finishing. Ugh. After I sleep. :/ ) being involved here. Gonna say that I don't think Braxton will be present since he's probably away fighting? I dunno.   

Conall is not an option since he'll probably be busy in the south. (as you pointed out in YIM, Spice. )

Anadwen

Daerian is coming... To wreck a little chaos and have fun seeing puny mortals scream if something breaks out. And it's almost sure that if she's there, something will break out.

She's not helping anyone in the war, so she's coming on her own without being associated with any of the sides, she is just in for the possible chaos and trouble. And the possibility to present herself in expensive jewelry and dress, off course.

Brisinger987

Corey Treyburn might come as a rebel mage, looking to start a fight and possibly be a culprit.

kleineklementine

Hey, I just wanted to write a quick reply to clarify a few things. I will write a longer post about my end of this plot when I have a bit more time, but in the mean time...

1) The antagonist in this plot is pre-planned and for the sake of the storyline, I don't think it makes sense to have additional, random people coming to cause trouble.

2) The attack at the ball will be carried out by a small, organized group of mages working cladestinely. That means it won't be an out-in-the-open attack and everyone will be 'undercover.' They will all be undercover and will already be part of an organized band. That doesn't mean that there isn't room for more people to participate, but it does mean that you definitely need to PM me about it! So I can let you in on the plotting and we can figure out how your character fits in. :D

3) Most importantly! The attack WILL NOT be a random act of violence or chaos, so I'm not interested in people who just want to cause trouble!

4) Like with the Masked Ball, so you'll need to be a noble or a pre-approved undercover mage. Also, Spice has covered this a lot, but please read the FAQ about who can join war-related threads. I'm pretty sure Spice is just looking for Connlaothian characters, especially since it's a civil war, not a world war!

Maybe Spice can correct me on a few things here, but I just wanted to throw out some quick clarifications!

Edit: Sorry if I sound like an old grumpster! For those of you who don't know, I am in fact an old grumpster. XD

visualspice

Quote from: Anadwen on January 13, 2014, 08:10:18 AM
Daerian is coming... To wreck a little chaos and have fun seeing puny mortals scream if something breaks out. And it's almost sure that if she's there, something will break out.

She's not helping anyone in the war, so she's coming on her own without being associated with any of the sides, she is just in for the possible chaos and trouble. And the possibility to present herself in expensive jewelry and dress, off course.

I'd have to think on this. Melora is too prejudice to probably let Daerian, or any other half breeds, into her ball. Also, since Daerian isn't a high noble, she wouldn't be invited (but the fact she's half elf would have had her invitation snubbed).

Anadwen

She's not a high noble, but since she supplies Connlaoth army and interferes in many things, she often gets herself onto event where she technically maybe shouldn't be. Also, officially, she isn't known to be a half-elf, but is considered fully elven.

visualspice

Quote from: Anadwen on January 13, 2014, 10:07:38 AM
She's not a high noble, but since she supplies Connlaoth army and interferes in many things, she often gets herself onto event where she technically maybe shouldn't be. Also, officially, she isn't known to be a half-elf, but is considered fully elven.
Ah, well Melora wouldn't let an elf into her ball either way XD
Elves are rare in Connlaoth as it is. I feel bad for them ;_;
so many prejudices against them since the war (and even before it)

Melora is hosting a ball not for military gains anyway, but to flaunt her power to the other duchies as she normally does. And her daughter kind of has her upset since she found out she was fraternizing with a 'ghost mage' XD
So gotta marry her off quickly!

zozee9

So... does this mean Illi and Davishire will be there? ;) Because if so, we need to figure out what has happened between them, Spicy! Also, he had better keep her safe from all harm. >:(
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Quote from: zozee9 on January 13, 2014, 11:56:18 AM
So... does this mean Illi and Davishire will be there? ;) Because if so, we need to figure out what has happened between them, Spicy! Also, he had better keep her safe from all harm. >:(
Since it's in Hellvion, Davishire will be there since he's a potential heir. And I won't harm anyone's characters against their will XD
Davishire on the other hand >_>

zozee9

Don't you dare kill him. >:( I also forgot he was a potential heir. xD And I was kinda kidding... feel free to harm Illi, as long as it isn't anything life threatening or life lasting. I mean, stuff happens. Though honestly, I don't know how she would react to rebellion. 'Cause she likes mages. :3

visualspice

Quote from: zozee9 on January 13, 2014, 12:16:06 PM
Don't you dare kill him. >:( I also forgot he was a potential heir. xD And I was kinda kidding... feel free to harm Illi, as long as it isn't anything life threatening or life lasting. I mean, stuff happens. Though honestly, I don't know how she would react to rebellion. 'Cause she likes mages. :3

Yeah, we'll also have to think how much of their relationship has developed since the Grand Duke's masked ball. Might be something interesting to play with that he decides to actually propose to Illi here, and then immediately afterwards - chaos D:

zozee9

OMG klajsdfklajvxzmcvn,dfasjdfkljd *dies at the thought of a proposal*

We're going to thread some more of their relationship before this ball, right?

Brisinger987

Janette is enraged to hear that Illi got married before her, and goes on a hateful, slightly demon influenced rampage in her prison cell. >:( Unhappy Janette is unhappy.

visualspice

Quote from: zozee9 on January 13, 2014, 02:37:56 PM
OMG klajsdfklajvxzmcvn,dfasjdfkljd *dies at the thought of a proposal*

We're going to thread some more of their relationship before this ball, right?

Yeah XD
Right now I just wanted to start getting some plans together since I figure it might take some time. But yeah, we need more Illi/Davishire XD

Quote from: Brisinger987 on January 13, 2014, 02:39:29 PM
Janette is enraged to hear that Illi got married before her, and goes on a hateful, slightly demon influenced rampage in her prison cell. >:( Unhappy Janette is unhappy.
And Bris, Janette is younger than Illi 8D
Actually, Illi and Davishire are kind of old NOT to be married >_>
shame on those slow pokes D<

Brisinger987

I know she's younger. She still refuses to believe that "the bookworm" has better ability to woo and marry a man than her. She'll strop and kick and scream and possibly blow something up.