Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Save Her Tribe... [Anadwen, Hormagaunt987]

Started by AuroraDragon, January 23, 2014, 11:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Dolnorvi didn't speed up, continuing at a relaxed pace. The horde had no scent, and simply followed Dolnorvi until they reached the mountain.

"Kill everything you find that lives!" Dolnorvi commanded, watching the beasts run off in random directions, while he continued to trail the trio.

AuroraDragon

"I've never seen those things before.  What are they?"  Mheera spoke softly, her attention on Athran's eyes.  Blue, like hers.  His were pale too, and she wondered if he was a mage.  She nodded to his question.  "I'm fine.  You arrived in the nick of time."

She sighed softly, ears drooping as she realized she'd left her cloak behind.  She'd made it herself, could easily stitch together hides to make another, but it bothered her a little, to have lost it.  Sliding her hand up the spear handle, she checked the small, palm sized totems strung on it.  All there, thankfully.  The owl, moon, and raven totems were still strung on the tassel, emblems of bravery, protection, and cunning.

"Where are we heading?"  She asked quietly, finally looking up at her rescuers.

((i am so sorry for the delay, i had a rough few days. Dx ))

Anadwen

Athran shrugged. "I... I admit, I don't know what they are. I can't identify them, they are nothing like anything I've ever seen over five and a half centuries of my life, and I'm a traveler." He shook his head, and turned back towards the direction in which they were flying.

"We are heading soft. We will go around Connlaoth in the east, and then through Serendipity to Adela. I don't know if Athran is planning to go any further to the south, but if yes, then it would be most likely through the Thunderblacks towards Essyrn." Anoriel explained Mheera, covering her with a part of her grey cape. "Aren't you cold? It's pretty freezing up here. Both of us have thick armour and cape, but what about you?"

Brisinger987

The Huanyo were the first to catch up, using their infinite psychic potentially to launch themselves over the mountain, using their psychic charge.

A psychic scream resounded around them as they unleashed barrage after barrage of psychic blasts at the flying dragon.

AuroraDragon

"Five and a half centuries?"  Mheera blurted, more than a little stunned.  'He's ...ancient.'  She thought quietly, then ducked her head, cheeks warming under all the fur.  "I apologize, that was rude.  I... I've never been outside of the tundra before, my people don't usually deal with other races much..."  She fluffed her fur self consciously, though with the wind rippling the thick white fur, the motion would have been difficult to spot.

Anoriel's question effectively distracted her from the embarrassment, Mheera giving the other woman a small smile.  "I've lived on the tundra all my life, cold doesn't bother me much."  She paused, thinking for a moment.  "Essyrn... Isn't that the city near the great desert?  Leeni mentioned it when..."  But when the shaman had told Mheera of it, she never finished saying, as the creatures caught up to them once more.

The noise seemed more in her head than in her ears, and it rattled Mheera.  Her arm tightened around Athran as she ducked her head, eyes squeezed tightly shut.  They'd gotten away before, they could outdistance them again, couldn't they? 

Anadwen

Both elves covered their ears with their hands, cringing at the incredibly loud sound. Their senses were keener, but this also carried the problem of loud sounds being less bearable. Athran pressed himself onto Maigrod's neck, tightly clutching the reins, and his sister closed her eyes.

The black dragon sped up again. Anoriel could see Athran shaking in the saddle, a certain sign that he was borrowing him more of his strength. He had a lot of it, but how far could he go before he runs out of it? And without him... She shook her head. That won't happen. They'll outrun them.

Wrapping her arms around Mheera, her hand reached Athran's back. "Yes, Essyrn is the city in the desert. It is great and old... That is the city..." she whispered. Secretly, her own energy passed onto her brother. She could be asleep in the saddle, if she would need it, but they couldn't afford losing Athran's attention for even a minute.

Brisinger987

Orbs appeared in front of the noses of the huanyo, slowly growing as they flew, easily keeping up with Maigrod, not needing to expend any energy to reach such high speeds of movement.

Then, suddenly the air seemed to still, and all sound seemed to stop, as if it had all be an illusion.

Until the lances began to sly, the huge beams of energy flying exceptionally close to Maigrod, all the bolts aimed at him.