Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The morning dew [open]

Started by Anadwen, January 26, 2014, 11:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Sun shone crimson like a great ball of fire, when it arose above the trees of a dense forest, piercing the green leaves on their branches. Mist was lingering between their trunks, illuminated by the stray rays of sun into a shining, dim white. The drops of cool morning dew, sprinkled on the grass and dropping off the webs of spiders, appeared like thousands of glass beads.

A lone figure, laying under the branches of a great tree, appeared to be the only sign of life, except for birds, singing in the distance, buzzing bugs and flies, and the ever fresh, green forest.

Aldanith turned over, yawning, and faced the sky. He spent the whole night here, and now he could feel the drops of morning dew in his hair and on the black armour he wore. He opened his eyes, blinking into the bright sunrise. His bag was, fortunately, still nearby, along with the great loot he managed to claim three days ago. It seemed that he's alone in the forest...

He searched the pockets of his backpack, until he finally found a piece of meat and hard bread. It should do for breakfast...

He leaned against the tree behind himself, and grinned. It was a wonderful morning. He'll be soon spending that money.

Luna

Feria walked quietly through the forest. Even though she was awake at quite an early hour, she felt rejuvenated by the peacefulness of the forest. Like other centaurs, Feria had a strong connection with nature and she communicated with each tree as she passed it. Suddenly, she and the trees sensed the presence of another in the forest. Feria reached for her bow and nocked an arrow. She walked carefully, her hooves barely making sound on the moist earth. Feria soon caught sight of the stranger sitting at the base of a tree. She flicked her ears back and watched the stranger warily.

Anadwen

Aldanith yawned, hardly aware of anything else but his precious gold and the flask of strong mead, which he managed to pull out of his bag in the meantime. It was half empty, but he drank slowly, with a smirk on his thin lips. When he returns to the lair in Thunderblacks, he'll add more gold onto the pile...

He felt like a dragon, guarding his massive treasure, a mountain of gold he could sleep on, hidden deep beneath the slopes of a mountain, and this beautiful morning absolutely didn't matter to him. He was on the top of the world...

Truthfully, he was actually just drunk. Very drunk. He was celebrating his newly gained wealth all night on the road, and emptied more than just one flask, and apparently the effects of the strong mead haven't disappeared yet.

He caressed the bag with gold and jewels. "My precious. Heh, heh, I'll be sleeping on a bed of gold..." he whispered.

Luna

As Feria continued to watch the stranger, she caught a powerful whiff of alcohol. Great. He was drunk. Even though she wasn't too keen on strong drink, she knew that the stranger would be less likely to notice her in his current state. Feria carefully moved closer, still holding her bow with the arrow nocked. Despite the boozy stench still hanging around the stranger, she was still wary of him.

Anadwen

Aldanith noticed something moving through the forest. He lowered the flask and narrowed his bright eyes, staring at the trunks of the trees. There was something that could be a horse... Rider... It was big, that was about all he could see.

"Hey! You there!" he shouted, slowly pulling himself up at his feet. Whatever it was, it would be better if it told him what it is doing here.

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi was hunting when he heard a voice call out. Startling the Elk he was hunting, watching the elk dart away in a fear of the startling noise. Hjaldi annoyed at the obviously drunken man calling out. Hjaldi spun around almost tempted to loose the arrow between the drunkards eyes. "Hoe there it is a hunter... One quite annoyed as you had scared my prey away..." Hjaldi grunted through his teeth as he took the arrow from the string of his bow and placed the arrow back in his quiver. Walking out over to the voice Hjaldi also could sense another creature some sort of noise of another beast... Maybe he could kill this beast and have a meal after all... But something was odd about these footsteps Hjaldi could not put a finger on it.

Hjaldi walked through the forest and as the light from the morning sun touched his face Hjaldi's bluish skin could be seen faintly, as he strode over to the drunken man. "Why are you drunk and sleeping out in these forest sir?" Hjaldi still had a sense of being annoyed about him.

Anadwen

Aldanith approached the stranger, frowning. "I'm celebrating." he growled. "Leave me alone and go chase that bloody animal, if you care about it that much... Hunter."

It was a big, tall man, but if he'd want to fight, Aldanith wasn't helpless, or afraid. He was fully armed, well-rested and not even hungry. If this man was going to disturb him, he would quickly take care of him, that was certain.

Suddenly, a figure appeared on the branch of a nearby tree. It was small, thin, pale as the moon on a bright winter's night, and clothed in leaves. One of the forest spirits, strange creatures that guard the woods and have lived in them before the world has changed. Her bright eyes watched the elf and the man with caution, and she leaned forwards to them.

"Why are you shouting so loudly? It's hardly sunrise... You will wake all the beasts and birds." her high-pitched, childish voice rang through the air, sounding like a playful river upon the stones, matching her wild, but strangely pretty appearance.

Bringer of Fenrir

"If you want a fight then by all means i will cleave you in have with one of my blades boy..." Hjaldi looked down over the man, he towered over the brash drunkard. As he was sizing up the man he also saw the light and saw that it was a forest spirit. "By the gods a sprite of Beruin!" Hjaldi looked straight to the sprite and bowed in respect. "Tell your master that i am here to hunt a creature for food and only one. I pray he is still pleased with me and my line..." Hjaldi spot with a high regard to the forest spirit. Looking back to the drunkard then off to the forest the noise he had heard before what had that noise belonged to... what creature owned those footsteps

Anadwen

"I have no master. What are you talking about?" Leithwen replied in confusion, glancing once at the elf, another time at the man. Her long hair was waving in the soft breeze, and she swiftly sled off the branch of the tree, landing on her bare feet in the ferns and moss.

Aldanith stared at her, when he finally came to realize what is happening around him. He bowed deeply to the girl, his loosely buckled armour clinking, and a chain with a pendant, falling from beneath his shirt, hit him in the face. He stumbled while standing, and collapsed onto the ground, blankly staring at the sky.

Leithwen laughed. "You must be either mad, or drunk! But smelling you, I guess it's the second." she said, and offered him her small hand. Aldanith grabbed it and stood up, still looking at her in wonder. He didn't know what she was, but it was an interesting creature...

Bringer of Fenrir

"My mistake i am from a land far from here and there your people serve Beruin the god of summer, forests, beasts and the hunt. No man dares insult him or he would never get a meal again..." Hjaldi looked down as the man fell... Hjaldi laughed to himself. This man could barely stand and yet he was going to fight him. He gave him no mind though now that a elf stood before him. "My name is Hjaldi Wrothgarson." Bowing to the elf Hjaldi placed his bow over his shoulder as to show no threat. "What is your reason to be here?" Hjaldi looked to help if possible even though he were not in his homeland he would still help the elf to find favor in the eyes of Beruin.

Anadwen

"Are you talking to me?" Leithwen asked in confusion. "Because this is my forest. I live here. I don't need a reason to walk around it." She crossed her slender arms on her chest, and looked up at the two.

"Why are you rampaging around so early in the morning? Whether you're drinking or hunting, I'd advise you to keep quiet..." She creeped to them and barred her teeth in an impression of a wild wolf, slashing his claws around. "There are wolves in the forests!"

Aldanith scratched his head. "I was silent, until something came along. One... Has to be careful in the woods!" he replied. With a forest spirit, even he showed the respect that was needed, though this appeared more like a young girl. 

Luna

The arrival of other creatures startled Feria as she attempted to respond to the drunk man. She flicked her ears forward and looked at the forest spirit with a mixture of curiosity and respect. The centaur always respected nature and the spirits that live within it. Feria let out a low nicker and said quietly, "I am always careful to respect nature. I can talk to the wolves if you think they will attack anyone." Feria inclined her head respectfully to the nature spirit.