Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

'Dekka'-dence and Excess (M)

Started by visualspice, February 01, 2014, 10:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Dekka.." Vesrik began, watching the woman carefully as he began to paraphrase the letter he had found in the gardens. "If a messenger bearing this letter finds you, come back to me. My son is dead, and I have nothing else to keep me here any longer. I can't bear to pretend anymore, not when everything I had in the world has been taken away from me. You're all I have left, and I know you must be out there somewhere. Even if you no longer care for me, if you ever did, I am begging you to take me away from here. I can offer you anything you want. Name your price."

And as he finished speaking, he kept his face as poised as that of a snake eyeing it's prey in the darkness, waiting for the perfect time to strike.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Kathryn's back straightened as he went on, her eyes narrowing slightly before she turned to look at him.

It was a dangerous look.  He may have looked like a snake -- but, in that moment, she looked like a wolverine -- unafraid of the snake's poison and determine to kill it.  She had never doubted Vesrik's ambitions, nor the lengths he would go to in order to achieve them.  Pretending not to recognize the letter would be an insult to them both...

Damn Dekka for throwing those letters out the window!

Lifting up her hands, she clapped -- a slow, delicate clap as she met his eyes.  "Congratulations, Vesrik.  You've discovered evidence of a mother's pain.  Any mother who has lost her child dreams of running away."  Or so she assumed.  Who would want to stay behind, when there was only pain?  "I thank you for retrieving it."

visualspice

"Ah yes, a mother's pain..." He went on casually, dramatically as he gave a shake of his head. "It was unfortunate to lose the Grand Duke's first and only child. To think of the burden you bear. If only those rumors had been true.... Though what was his name? That those ridiculous rumors surround? Some.. King of Thieves?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"The man who ruined my mother's birthday party?  Who stole our most precious jewels?  Who killed one of my suitors?  And embarrassed my father so badly he still suffers the scorn of the other lords?"  From her tone and list of crimes, one might have believed she loathed the King of Thieves...but, of course, that was only her projecting her feelings about Vesrik onto the other man.  Oh, and, probably some of the anger she felt towards him for tossing those letters from the window...  "I'm sure I have no idea.  As I recall, it was a frightfully common name.  No doubt, that's part of why he's escaped the noose all these years."

visualspice

Vesrik chuckled.
"Not at all common, especially when associated with a certain... Grand Duchess?"

Ivory

Kathryn's eyes narrowed.  Lifting up the heavy, decorative hairbrush she had been using only a moment before, she gave it a twirl around her hand.  It would have been more impressive had it been a dagger...but from the anger coloring her face, she was imagining that it was.

"What do you want, Vesrik?"

visualspice

"I don't know, you tell me. What would even a man in my position seek to gain from any such letters? Scandal against my lord and lady would be rather cumbersome for a man like myself to deal with, don't you agree? Especially, scandal he himself could prove through letters that were undoubtedly written by her grace. And last I checked... this... Dekka fellow, was a mage, was he not? Yes... scandalous indeed."

Ivory

So he had more than one...  Damn Dekka to hell for putting her in this position!  For all she knew, he had found them all...  Why hadn't she burned them when they had been returned to her untouched?

Resisting the urge to beat him to death with her hairbrush (although, to be honest, she was still envisioning it, just to cool her blood), she said instead, "Enough games, Vesrik.  I know it must be hard for a man with your...condition...to grow a spine and act like a man rather than a sniveling coward like true eunuchs...  Speak plainly.  What do you want?"

visualspice

The fact she went there, about a situation he'd rather have kept private (though unfortunately for him, those close to the Grand Duke already knew...) he just gave a dry chuckle through closed lips.
"I'll save it for a rainy day. Your day has been long and trying as it is. But let's see... your cousin was it? How is he fairing? I have not seen the poor man for hours. Has he taken ill?"

Ivory

At that, Kathryn's eyes first glinted dangerously...  Her hand tightened on her hairbrush, and then, with a passive smile, she turned her back towards him and resumed pulling the brush through her hair.  "About that...  I think we should like to take a picnic tomorrow -- just the pair of us.  We'll have an early departure...quietly, through the garden gate.  Be a dear and see that it's unlocked for us.  And see that I'm not missed by the staff."  She glanced at him in the mirror, her own look a dangerous one.  "You're right, of course.  Should rumors spread through the palace and with such letters in your possession, the Grand Duke will certainly look unkindly towards anyone withholding certain information from him."

visualspice

"Whoever said it'd be with held?" Vesrik mused over her change in demeanor. Did she honestly think he'd be so foolish with this letter? Or any others...
Or what the staff had already seen.
"I know yours and... Calent's... situation hasn't been the best as of lately. Why, it would be a shame to be the one to inform him of bad news... and to think, he is still without an heir. And his wife, the one who could't even produce him an heir, was doing him so much wrong by sleeping around with other men. I wonder how kindly he'd take to a bastard on his throne." And he gave a sympathetic shake of his head. "But perhaps the death of his child would be seen in a.. different light? Or that in which the position of his wife, and well, certainly, her sister, the young Lady Colerdge, and the Duchy of her husband? I'd... hate to be the one to cause such.. tensions."

Ivory

"Let me be frank with you, Vesrik, since you're clearly too enamored with yourself to read between the lines."  Once again the hairbrush was set down, and she turned to him with a flutter of her eyelashes as she crossed the room towards him.  "You have my letters.  If it weren't so cowardly to hide behind a woman's secrets, I would almost respect your nerve."  Almost.  "So, here's the deal.  You'll do as you're told.  It could be a good deal for you -- knowing the when's and the where's, and you won't even have to work for it.  If I don't get what I want, you'll do more than simply lose those letters..."  She had stepped by him and paused just over his shoulder.  "You have a certain reputation among the Court, Vesrik."  Her hand settled on his shoulder, fingers lightly tracing down his arm as she murmured into his ear, "So when the head inquisitor demands to know the names of all those I've betrayed my husband for, I'll make sure your name is on that list.  And I'll be sure I have the witnesses to prove it."

Continuing towards the desk, she lifted a single item from the desktop.  This time, twirling the letter opener around her hand looked much more impressive -- and more deadly.  "You can, of course, refuse my generous offer, Vesrik.  You wouldn't be the first man who has tried to fuck me to die.  Just the first who is physically inadequate for the job."  The dark glitter that had touched her face earlier had all-but blossomed across her features now as she approached him again.  There was a seductive swagger in her hips and the warm, almost orgasmic enthusiasm in her tone that had been missing previously.  "Do you want to hear my favorite part?  It isn't the rush of warm blood running over my hands or way that little spark of light fades from their eyes...  It's the fear -- that moment when they realize they've made a mistake and that it has cost them everything.  And you can smell it...even before they empty their bowels.  It's a heavy musk that stings your nose and clings to them long after they've died."

The Grand Duchess stopped a few feet from Vesrik; instead of brandishing it towards him, she pressed the sharp instrument against the strings of her corset running along her right side...and with one, fluid motion, she tore through the laces.  The corset first sagged, as if unsure what to do, then burst open to reveal the silken shift underneath...and it was already turning a bit red from the cut along her side, no doubt caused when she had cut away the corset.  It was a small cut...but it would prove her point.

"'He tried to rape me,' I'll tell them.  And all the while, Dekka will be searching for those letters...  And, if he can't find them..."  Tears shone in her eyes.  "'He made me write them.  He said if I didn't, he'd kill me.  And when he came back...'"

Men were always suckers for a crying woman, after all.

"Now, which option works best for you?  Work for me -- keep the letters as an insurance policy and earn a little extra coin, not to mention my undying gratitude -- or work against me.  It's your choice."

(OOC: I...got so carried away, Spice.  SO CARRIED AWAY.  Also, uh, yeah, look, it's the old Kathryn!  Who knew she was buried in there somewhere?  ;_;  Let me know if this needs revisioning, and it shall be revisioned.)

visualspice

Vesrik chuckled, a pleasant sound, despite the dark situation.

"Yes, money can buy many things. For now, we'll say it buys my silence." And with a humbled bow, he took the ladies hand and kissed the top of it lightly.
"But that wound, my lady, you should have it looked at. It would be a dreadful thing if it were to infect. We can not have our Grand Duchess, who is in quite a... delicate condition, become ill. The Grand Duke needs an heir, and if it is produced, it would cement his position here immensely before all of Connlaoth. So I hope you understand my.... concern of the fidelity of his wife. He has... had a trying life, Calent has. It would be terrible to have his empire fall from just a little piece of paper."

Ivory

Vesrik and his games...  It was sickening.  But, two could play at that game...

Her smile matched his as she answered, "And it would be equally as terrible for him to lose so devoted a friend and adviser at a critical time like this.  All because someone's ambition exceeded his common sense."  Softly, she added, "We'll talk more after my picnic tomorrow."

Turning away from him, she crossed back to her vanity and turned in order to examine the cut in the mirror with a cluck of her tongue.  "Send Molly back in.  I'll need her help with this."

visualspice

"As you wish, my lady," And he bowed out of the room, but not long after Molly had returned, and briskly so to attend to her, Dekka was stepping into her room without so much as a knock at the door. And in hand he had a bunch of letters, and well...
a few fresh flowers picked from her gardens. Not noticing the room or sensing the tension in the air, he gave his lover a suave grin.

"Ah, Grand Duchess Kathryn," And he bowed to her, then to Molly. "And the lovely maid." And taking her hand, he kissed it gently, causing a blush to heat Molly's poor cheeks.

Ivory

"Molly, go apologize to my sister on my behalf.  Tell her I'll be with her shortly."

Once the maid had left the room, Kathryn settled down at the vanity to begin braiding her hair into the careful, winding braids for which she was known.  She scarcely acknowledged the King of Thieves, the letters, or the flowers as she worked.

It was only when it seemed he was about to say something that she finally said, "Tomorrow, we're going on a picnic.  We'll leave through the gardens before dawn, and we won't be back until well after the sun sets."

Her tone was carefully neutral; she wouldn't truly murder Dekka...though she wanted to scream at him...

visualspice

Dekka gave a coy grin, not seeming to catch any meaning behind what she said.
"Oh, it's been a while since we've had sex in the fields," he told her with a wink. "Or against the trees." Producing the flowers, he offered them out to her. "Some flowers, and well.. I figured you might want these back. They're what I could find. I figured I'd look again for the others tomorrow, though I think the remaining few letters might have been lost in the moat."

Ivory

Kathryn looked down at the flowers, but she didn't take them.  Instead, she looked at the letters, then up to him.

"You won't find them."  Because she knew exactly where they were...  Turning away from him, she tried to concentrate again on carefully winding her hair around her head...yet, if he were paying attention, he would notice the way her lower lip quivered and the moisture welling up in her eyes.

Because...she didn't know what she was going to do.

visualspice

"Can't find them? Who do you think I am, the Grand Duke?" Probably a joke in bad taste. "Look, I'll find them. I just got... well anxious to come back to see you." And as he moved around to her front, only then did he see the waver in her expression.
"Kathryn?"

Ivory

Kathryn was trying to steel her nerve.  Her breakdown in front of Vesrik had emotionally drained her, however, and it made it difficult to control her emotions...

"Vesrik has them.  I think I've got it under control for now, but..."  She exhaled softly, refusing to meet his gaze.  She could feel all of those pent-up emotions, fighting to break free.  "I don't know for how long.  Or what he'll want..."