Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

'Dekka'-dence and Excess (M)

Started by visualspice, February 01, 2014, 10:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Dekka began to rummage through his dark red locks as he scowled, but caught Kathryn's nonchalance as he sighed and smoothed a hand through his hair, raking bangs from his forehead.
Turning to her, he let his hair fall back into his face.
"I think I'd hang myself if I were going bald," her told her with a smirk. "Save the guards the trouble. Can't have an ugly King, now can we?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"You wouldn't hang yourself," Kathryn answered, smug in just how much she knew about the King of Thieves.  "It would be too quiet...  If anything, you'd find a way to make sure you went out with a bang -- something public and dramatic, to try to make sure no one ever forgot your name."

Turning, she swept her hair aside.  "Would you lace me up, please?"  Since it was his fault her corset had been undone in the first place...

visualspice

Dekka tilted his head to one side and smirked. Naturally- she was right. But as she turned her back to him to expose the laces he grinned.
"What on earth for?" he said, lips kissing up her neck.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"I need to check on my sister," Kathryn answered, her smile apparent even in her words as his lips made their way up her neck.  "Since you distracted me...  And, I have other things I need to do too."  Calent had only just left, after all...  "It's far too early for me to crawl into bed and stay there with you, Dekka.  I have work to do."

Although, as usual, she certainly didn't seem to be fighting his attention!

visualspice

"But what if I told you my skills only lay in untying your clothing, not tying you back up? After all, what good what it do for me to bind a woman back into her clothing- except.." he said, suddenly pulling some of her strings tightly, "To tear them off later." And his words were growled hotly against her neck.

Ivory

Kathryn exhaled softly, surprised at the sudden gesture.

"You had better not," she murmured with a smirk.  Her hands folded around the chair in front of her to keep her steady as Dekka re-laced her clothing.  "This is one of my favorites.  The trim really brings out the color in my eyes..."

Besides, ripped clothing would be difficult to explain...

visualspice

"Well.." he said, with a kiss to her neck. "Perhaps later." And he gave a few more tugs and leaned back to focus on retying her tightly into her wardrobe. But after a moment, his hands slackened, the knot had been done, before he peered up towards her face.
"How far along are you?" She couldn't have been that far into her pregnancy... He wondered how she knew she was expecting.

Ivory

"About two months, I think," Kathryn answered as she smoothed her skirts back out.  "I thought I mentioned that?"  Perhaps she had only thought it in his general direction...  Without missing a beat, she handed him the jacket she meant to wear over the corset, expecting him to hold it out to her like a gentleman so that she could slip into it.  "I hope you aren't trying to imagine what I'll look like fat and pregnant," she added, with a slightly crestfallen expression.  Because fat and pregnant...  Well, it wasn't fun.

visualspice

Dekka's eyes sparkled a moment as he took in her body.
"Yes, it does seem strange, doesn't it?" And like a good boy, he took her jacket and let her slip into it.
"Two months.." he repeated. Yes,s he stated it earlier, but it was just hard for him to accept. Maybe she was mistaken- maybe she was only pregnant now-
but why did he care?A nd why would he even want her with his child?
Though perhaps the answers came from his heart- still crushed over the fact she could have fathered his child earlier- before it had unfortunately died. It weighed heavily on him to think that if she did- he hadn't been there for her-

Even though he would never be much of a father figure-
though perhaps the idea only appealed to him once he realized he had a grey hair.. or two.
Mortality was a heavy burden all of them had to suffer with-
and realizing his fame was his own sought after immortality- he had no real immortality in blood.

Unless, of course, he fathered some bastard children out there- which was more than possible for a man so sexually active as himself.

"So what do we do now? Taxes and tea?" he said, cheerfully, hoping to change the subject to something more... applicable, and less depressing.

Ivory

Yes, he was quite the helper, wasn't he?  Kathryn slipped the buttons of the jacket into place, then turned to kiss him -- a gentle, but somehow determined kiss, as if it alone could keep the day at bay.

"Nothing so important as taxes, I assure you," she answered with a particular sparkle in her eye.  "Taxes, policy, law -- important things like that are a man's duty.  I'm only responsible for small things that can be entrusted to a woman -- overseeing the household, menu-planning, foreign relations..."  She rolled her eyes a little bit skyward.  Connlaoth had some peculiar ideas...

"And dealing with my sister, of course.  But I'll come back just before dinner.  And I'll request they bring up some tarts for you, if you like."

visualspice

"So you're assuming you can keep the King of Thieves here, in this study, as if some animal in a cage?" He quirked a brow at the idea, his smirk growing wider.

Ivory

"Of course not," Kathryn answered with a smirk to meet his own.  "But, in there, perhaps..."

She tilted her head towards the door that led to her bedroom.  It hadn't seen as much use lately, due to her blooming relationship with her husband...so it should make a fairly decent hiding place for the King of Thieves.

"I'll see you in a few hours, Dekka."  A sobering thought entered her mind, suddenly, as she considered he might not be there, waiting...

visualspice

Dekka's grin would be the last thing she'd see as she closed the door- but no grin awaited her when she had to confront her sister. Valia was furious, upset, and an emotional mess- and she was furiously moving about her guest room to pack up her things.

Ivory

"Valia?" Kathryn prompted as she stepped into absolute chaos.  She gestured to the servants to go with a flick of her wrist, dismissing them even if Valia would be made even more upset by the gesture.  "I assume you aren't going home?"

Probably not.  Her sister was far, far too stubborn to actually heed Kathryn (and Dekka's) advice without another fight.  Besides, that certainly wasn't a look of resignation on her face; she was, obviously, very upset indeed.

visualspice

"Obviously I am," she told her curtly with a sniff, and turned her back to her sister as she tried to cram a poofy pink dress into one of her travel bags. "And obviously I am no longer desired in this.. palace."

Ivory

"That's not true, Valia," Kathryn murmured as she closed the door in the wake of the exiting servants.  "I did tell you that you could invite him here."  She stepped around the bed to put a gentle hand on Valia's arm to gain her attention.  "You're welcome to stay as long as you need to.  But I hate to see you so upset like this, Valia.  And that's the only way I can think of to resolve it."

visualspice

Valia was a mess of emotions, and it didn't take long for her to start sobbing over her dresses.
"I'm just upset because you're right," she finally relented, but the crying did not as she sniveled and sniffled and dabbed at her face with a kerchief she produced from her dress.

Ivory

Kathryn blinked a few times, looking a bit surprised...because it was so unlike Valia to relent or to admit someone else was right.  She was almost at a loss of how to respond for a moment, but then, instead, she pulled her younger sister into a hug.

"It's alright, Valia.  The important thing is that you talk to him about how you feel."

visualspice

Valia tensed and cringed at the hug before her body began to tremble again with more violent sobs.
"BUt I really don't want to!" she wailed. ANd then, after she quieted from a few more sobs, she added. "I'm just afraid what will happen- and that he'll think of me as less..."
She sighed and tried to calm her tears, but they still were simmering inside her pink eyes.

Ivory

"Valia, I think he'll be just so happy to have you back..."  At least, that was what Kathryn assumed!  She was certain that if they would just talk, her brother-in-law would understand and sympathize with his distraught wife.  After all, no one could resist Valia when she was in tears!

"Think of how happy you two will be again, Valia.  Just like this never happened."