Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tears and blood frozen to ice

Started by Anadwen, February 06, 2014, 10:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Thranuilas turned his head away, but his feet slipped from the chair, and he crossed his arms on his chest. "Yeah, great." he moaned, and downed his tea. He wasn't willing to remain here any longer.

"I... I think I should go." he muttered, and pulled the robe up again to button it, but he had a bad feeling about this... He wanted to leave, but something was telling him that he shouldn't do so. As he tried to stand up, he was immediately pinned back to the chair, cringing in pain.

He clenched his teeth to stop a scream, escaping his mouth, and his fingers gripped the robe by his abdomen. He knew far too well what this was...

paganchick

"You go out there you will die," Sapphira replied standing, placing her tea gently on a table. She watched the man for a moment, seeming a bit confused before moving to his side.
"Whats going on?"

Anadwen

He reached after the buttons of his robe and opened them again. "I wasn't... Completely honest..." he muttered as one of his hands pressed on his skin just under his ribs. "I have an arrow tip in me... I don't know... If it's poisoned or something..." he explained her.

It must have been foolish for him not to say something such as that when it clearly needed to be removed, but he feared the questions that would come from it more than pain - before. Now he changed his mind...

paganchick

"You are foolish indeed," She spoke shaking her head at the man, How naive was it of him to think he could just walk around with an arrow head in him.
"Lay down," She spoke, her voice clearly showing how annoyed she was as she walked into the little space that served as a kitchen. She reached into different cabinets and jars pulling out one thing or another smashing everything into a green paste. 

Anadwen

"I'll do it myself... Thank you kindly for your help, but I'll do it myself..." Thranuilas replied. His voice was shaking, and so were his hands, as he buttoned the robe again, but he wasn't willing to let her take a look at him. Even though it could have been helpful, it would only make more questions arise...

paganchick

"You will end up killing yourself, now really, lie down or I swear to the heavens I will make you lie down and in your current condition I doubt your in the position to put up much of a fight," Sapphire spoke as she looked at him from over her shoulder. Her voice was controlled but stern, leaving no doubt she would follow through with her threats.

Anadwen

"You can try... I don't want you to touch me. Please, be so kind and let me do it myself." Thranuilas replied weakly, still clutching the place where he felt the tip of the arrow. "I know what I'm doing. I'm not a child." he growled, and crossed his arms on his chest.

paganchick

"Compared to me, yes you are, and the fact that you tried to hide it from the person who saved you shows exactly how naive you so, please, don't get my temper all riled up," She spoke, the whole room heating up several degrees as she began to get frustrated with the man. If one were to look over at the fire place they would see the fire was now twice the size that it was before and tended to flicker towards where Sapphira was standing.

Anadwen

"I don't want you to do it!" he snarled, suddenly aggressive. The flames flickered, and changed into a dark violet color. "No means no... And I'm not going to argue with you any longer. I won't let you touch me, and that's it."

"I have my own reasons for not letting you do it. If you aren't going to respect them, expect a boot flying at you, or something worse." he growled.

paganchick

Sapphira's eyes flashed, she wasn't one who enjoyed threats. The air in the room became stuffy, and nearly unbearable for most.
"Oh really now, something worse, what are you going to do, try to burn me with fire element bender? I saw you are scared, what, are you afraid I'll ask how you got them." She spoke her voice holding multiple tones in it. She pointed to the door, "Out!" She spoke, her voice absolute.

Anadwen

"Yes! You got it exactly right!" Thranuilas hissed, sliding off the chair. "Thanks a lot, but I don't need your help! I don't want it!"

He stumbled out of the door, immediately embraced by the cold wind and snow, blowing into his face. One of his hands arose to his face, lighting a small fire above his palm, and he held it close to himself to warm himself up. The wind was ripping his already damaged and soaked clothes away from his slender figure, but in his spite, he ignored it, slowly trudging through the snow.

paganchick

Sapphira sat down and slowly the room temperature died down and the fire calmed soon after. If he killed himself in his own ignorance then that was his naive fault. She wasn't going to ask him about his scars, he didn't ask about the one above her eyes so why would she ask about his. She let out a deep sigh as she relaxed heavily in the padded chair.

Anadwen

Thranuilas continued stumbling through the snow like before. It was getting dark and even colder, but at least the storm has calmed down a little... There should be a village somewhere there...

His flame burned like a lantern in the dark, keeping his body warm, but it was taking from his already diminished energy. He was afraid he would have to choose between the flame and being conscious for a few hours. Both could be potentially lethal...

paganchick

Sapphira fought with her conscious for a while longer. He asked for it, he was just helping, he was the one who threatened her harm. Finally though she stood from her chair and walked outside. As she walked out of the house her body morphed into her true, huge dragon form. It would be easier to find him if she were flying. She pushed off with her strong legs and her wings quickly lifted her into the air. The shimmer of light is what caught her eye. She shook her head, the man was really going to kill himself.

She landed in front of him, she lowered her head to his level so they were eye to eye.
'You know if you keep walking you are going to die'

Anadwen

The flame flickered and disappeared. He stepped back in surprise and fear, shocked at first, but eventually he realized that it was Sapphira again. Off course, a dragon... Why was he wondering so much? It was apparent that she was one.

He collapsed to his knees. "You know that I don't really care. If I'm destined to die here, then let it be so... The world's not going to miss anything." he replied silently.

paganchick

Sapphira rolled her eyes at him.

'Stop now, I don't want to drowned in your self pity. Destiny doesn't exist, its an excuse for those that are weak and afraid, and excuse for why they cower and do nothing but be sheep to the wolves' She mentally spoke t the man.

Anadwen

He shrugged. "Exists, or not. I'm not going to get out of here, anyway, no matter what I say to myself. It's too far... You know I'm only going to make myself feel less bad. To give myself the idea that I tried." he muttered.

His eyes were closing. It was dark and cold, and he was exhausted beyond comprehension.

paganchick

'You didn't, you chose to die, this is assisted suicide' Her tone clearly showed her annoyance. She didn't ask now as she grabbed him in one of her huge talons ever s gently. She wasn't going to let ll of her energy simply go to waste. 

Anadwen

Thranuilas didn't protest. A part of him was grateful for it, glad that it didn't have to be his end in this cold wasteland. He closed his eyes, and let her carry him. He slipped in and out of consciousness along the way, not moving once. It was cold, but he didn't perceive that anymore.

paganchick

Sapphira got him back to the cabin and once transformed back to her avatar she drug the man inside. She left him next to the fire as she went to go get supplies. Bottles and herbs, a bucket of water, knives, and a sponge she managed to carry everything over to his side in one trip, she knew she had to act fast.

She kneeled down beside him, removing his layers of robes so she could see his chest. She could see all of the scars but didn't let her mind wonder on them, she had to get the arrow out.