Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Can you dig it? (AuroraSpice)

Started by Aeytrious, March 04, 2014, 02:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeytrious

This woman was being a bit too pushy, and a bit too inquisitive for Hiram's liking. He snatched up his tiny crossbow once more and aimed it at her chest.
        "I don't know you lady, and I surely don't trust you," he gave her a disgusted face then, "I will not tell you about the artifacts of this place. They are more valuable to the historians of the world than any ever before discovered. Now just stay back from me."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

visualspice

Aurora's eyes nearly went cross at the sight of the cross bow aimed at her and she rose her hands in defeat.
"Now, now, let's not do anything hasty. I'm not here to harm you or your men. Or even the artifacts. I haven't even a weapon on me!" Though most of what she did have on her, the... peculiar 'equipment' she carried, as it were, was basically harmless. And she did carry a knife on her boot. Though a knife against a crossbow or guns? She was not so foolish.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Aeytrious

This woman was definitely hiding something. Hiram was sure of it now. Tennin eyed her warily as well. He trusted Hiram's judgement completely. Ressick on the other hand, still eyed Hebera's breasts greedily. Foolish man would stick his hand in a lions mouth if he thought there were breasts to fondle. "What's your interest in artifacts anyway?" Hiram asked with little effort to hide his suspicions. He'd killed his share of backstabbers and swindlers that had tried to cheat him or steal his finds. Perhaps he should preempt this woman's schemes with a crossbow bolt to that ample bosom.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

OOC: IF you want, feel free to have them search her XD
She she has a ton of awkward gadgets that help her see the soul dust she is after. She has her spectacles (Which I thnk are ontop of her head?), probably a pendant and a compass that's been altered to help her with directions towards the 'dust'. Stuff like that XD
And probably bags for the loot lol

------

"But I've already said!" 'Hebera' went on to say, keeping her hands up where he could see them. "My father works with antiquities and I simply was following in his foot steps. Call me a bit of an adventurer myself, but I can't ignore rumors when I hear them! I just knew something ust be out here. I mean, if you had a love for the historical arts and realized there could be the find of a century, would you not be curious enough to check it out?"

A few bullets ricocheted into the temple ruins, seeming too close for comfort as Aurora flinched.
"But I do have to apologize. I wonder if my enthusiasm tipped off these most unwelcomed fellows with guns."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Aeytrious

"If they plan on heading in here, I only hope they thin each other out. The fewer there are, the less of a chance they have to escape the traps." Hiram put is crossbow back on his hip again. He decided only to draw it if the woman grew threatening or tried to go for the lever he guarded. He looked down the long corridor, hoping the men would pass, listening to their matchlocks going off every few moments as they reloaded the slow firing weapons.
        "If they do enter, we will take cover so they cannot see us, and any that get lucky enough to escape the traps will be taken by surprise when they get close to us."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

"We can't just go deeper into the tomb?" she asked, turning towards him. "I mean, if we keep going deeper... wouldn't it be safer?"

Aeytrious

"If we go further in, and someone gets through the traps, nobody will be here to stop them," Hiram told the woman calling herself Hebera. He settled in, sitting against the wall, though not comfortably. "I'd prefer to be here just in case."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

"Stop them? Stop them from what?"
Was there something bigger here than he was letting on? It was definitely something that piqued her interest...
and she knew the thing she sought had to be in his hands...
and if not..
Well, hopefully she could just, you know, use this man to get it! It wasn't like the dust she was collecting was of any value to him anyway...

The poor sod probably had a soul of his own. Most humans, you know.. did.

Aeytrious

"Stop them from killing us," Hiram said plainly, "and from taking the largest haul anyone has ever seen and lived to tell about. They'd likely sack the place, and destroy artifacts they found to be worthless, that are in reality valuable pieces of history. I will not cower in a corner, while tomb robbers destroy a past I've so long wished to prove. This find is going to make us very rich, and I'll also be very famous. I found him, when nobody else could. I found the legendary immortal desert king."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Aurora snorted.
"Well I think our lives are a bit more valuable than the treasure here." But even as she spoke it, even she wasn't so reassured. After all.. if she were to die without a soul- what was to become of her then? But as the man went on to talk about fame and fortune, she frowned at him-
that was, until he admitted the last thing.

"What makes you think this is truly his tomb?" she asked, and hunched down suddenly as a 'bullet' ricocheted above their heads.

Aeytrious

"We found him down there in- ACK!" Hiram kicked the back of Ressick's knee, from his sitting position, and the weasel of a man collapsed to the ground. He turned and scowled at Hiram as he rubbed at his scuffed legs. Hiram returned the scowl, with daggers in his eyes, and then did his best to control the damage.
        "We found his burial chamber," Hiram said with a sigh. "The deepest point in the tomb. His name is clearly spelled out on the door, with plenty of ancient warnings of curses. There was also a depiction of his tale of immortality, and its loss." The freelance archaeologist told the truth, he just left out the part about the king still being alive down there. He would do his best to preserve that secret.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Aurora wasn't so ignorant not to get what was going on, but she would never have guessed the full truth anyway. It was just a myth, after all- the immortality, that is. But again,s he was only interested in dust, and as she grit her teeth and peered from over the side, she muttered, "Either way, we shouldn't let these men near such a find. They'd take every last bone from the tomb if it meant even getting a cent using it as fire wood." She shook her head. "A shame they're dangerous and notorious tomb robbers. And... I hate to say it, but I think they might have us out numbered."
Considering they were but a few and that group? Well.. there was at least a dozen or more men who had been following her. She could only hope Hiram was right- and perhaps the traps would take care of most of hte men if they pursued.

Aeytrious

"If many of them make it to the entrance here," Hiram began, "I'll shoot a bolt into one of the jeweled golems that stand there." He pointed at the gem encrusted sentries. "They won't leave the entrance, but if they are touched they wil come to life and kill anything in there. Should the men try to run to here, they will have to survive the other traps as well. Many of the panels cause painful death." The bodies of the men that had died in the chamber still lay there, mangled as they were. Perhaps that would be deterrent enough.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

"Sentries?" Aurora repeated. "Seems this place is heavily guarded. But that makes sense. The immortal king was very important. But who's to say the sentries won't turn on us once they're through with those men?"

Aeytrious

"As far as I can surmise, the sentries will not come out of the entry tunnel," Hiram said, "but if I'm wrong, there's nothing to worry about. This switch," he indicated the lever he sat by, "will deactivate all the traps in the tunnel, including the golems."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Aurora made a mental note of that and gave a nod.
"You're very perceptive. Have you been doing this sort of work long?" she found herself having to ask with a smirk.

Aeytrious

"I took up this work," Hiram said the word with disdain, "to prove the fools that study history that there was more than one possibility of how the past happened. All they believe is the nonsense in their books and tomes from stories centuries old. Nobody actually explores the past for truth. They are happy to be blind to the reality that history was written by those with power." An ugly sneer grew on his face as he spoke of it. It was a source of great frustration for him. "But it turns out that those fools don't care for the truth. Even when I brought discoveries that proved the written histories false, they still denied it. So I do this for me, and those like me, that seek knowledge and truth. The wealth discovered on the way, makes hiring greedy men easy. Tennin here is a rare find. A man that seeks wealth not for wealth's sake, but to support his family."
        Hiram eyed the woman he knew as Hebera curiously. Why was she really here? He suspected that very few looked past such an attractive face and body to seek what lay deeper. "I have never come across a woman that was interested in these endeavors. I'd say you're as rare a find as this tomb. What got you interested in grave robbing?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

"Grave robbing?" Aurora laughed. "Such a despicable word, is it not? From the way you phrase it, shouldn't you be calling it a rescue mission?" And she gave him a smirk, and didn't quite answer his question, purposefully dodging it as she looked at him with those pretty green eyes of hers.

Aeytrious

The pretty green eyes were not lost on Hiram. He liked the beautiful gems in her face, but he didn't trust them. This conversation seemed harmless enough to him though, and so he didn't mind looking at her pretty face. He could appreciate the beauty of a venomous snake, but knew better than to get too close without the right tool to protect himself. He equipped his most disarming smile, before venturing forth. He'd wade carefully into this.
        "The priceless artifacts are rescued, the history is rescued," Hiram agreed, "The gold and gems, however, are plundered to pay for the expedition," Hiram admitted. "I am not wealthy, and have no benefactor. I must make a living. So I rob the graves of dead men so that I might preserve them in the process," he shrugged, and waved the thought away with a gesture. "What other term could I use? It is important to be honest with one's self, even if you lie to others."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

She couldn't help but note what he was referring to in his last statement, and something in her eyes stirred.  Did he know she was lying? Or did he just happen to choose such words perfectly?
She found her smile growing all the more before saying, "I suppose no one could argue with that. But it seems to me you aren't the only one seeking treasures here, and I don't know if we could stay in this tomb all day. Is there nothing we can do to help deter this men into leaving earlier? No traps you know that are set nearer to the entrance we could set off? No scary noises we could make to echo inside the cave to make them think some creature of the dead is here to chase them?" And the last part was said in jest as her eyes sparkled a bit. This job was a bit fun. Better than the last one. She had nearly lost her big toe!