Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

At Least They're Not Apples

Started by Zero, March 07, 2014, 05:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

No, calling it dancing wasn't likely to garner appreciation from the headstrong young woman. Even if it might as well have been dancing. Tesha just considered it expressing herself and releasing pent up energy. It was easy to be happy and carefree out here, and that's exactly how she felt, as if there wasn't a care in the world just then.

She was still twirling about as he admonished her for calling him Kenny, which only made her giggle. "Because Kenneth is so serious and Kenny is cute. At least I'm not calling you Kenny in front of a bunch of people!"

GoblinFae

"Very true but I would hate for you to fall into such a habit and slip in front of company. Would be quite unfortunate, wouldn't you agree Tessie?" he jibed, keeping his features neutral and head held high as he marched onward, eyes following the drifting flight of his Shade.

Brennus, made soft twittering sounds as if laughing at the conversation and did a loop in the air before continuing to lead them onward. "See even Brennus agrees!" Kenneth declared.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

Tesha made a face when he called her Tessie. She even stopped spinning to pout at him. "You're no fun, Kenneth Kent!"

At least he'd made his point. The last thing Tesha wanted was people calling her Tessie. That's what her parents had called her when she was little. Actually her mom still called her that sometimes, but at least her father had stopped it when she grew up. Sighing she looked around, wondering how far they were from the Clockwork City. Honestly the short time off track hadn't bothered her at all, it just gave her more time away from the underground prison.

GoblinFae

He laughed boisterously and followed her at a sedate pace, feeling far more relaxed now. "Now whoever said I was fun? I'll have to be sure to set them straight for the record. Can't have such bald-faced lies spreading in the city. Who knows what else people will start saying! Next thing I'll be hearing, they'll be saying that I'm the city's best cook! Can you imagine?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

"Yeah right, no one in their right mind would accuse you of being good at cooking, let alone the best." Tesha snickered as she grinned at him. She liked when Kenneth laughed or smiled. He was a good-looking guy, but when he smiled, there was something more.

"And you should try being fun sometime, you might enjoy it! Just look at me, I'm fun all the time!" Actually that was debatable, but you couldn't blame her for trying. Out on missions, especially when with Kenneth, yes, she felt light and happy and free. When stuck inside the city her mood soured a bit and she didn't seem as keen to spark a playful attitude.

No, around the others she had to be serious and professional. Couldn't let them think she wasn't good enough, or was too childish to do her job. With Kenneth she didn't worry about it, she didn't have to try to impress him, she knew she could just be herself without the judgement.

GoblinFae

Kenneth begged to differ, finding her far from fun and closer to scary. He never knew how to take her moods and unlike the Dark Mothers he often served, she did not respond in the same way to his gentle, coaxing words. Tesha was a woman desiring freedom and adventure. She did not take well to pampering, at least not any kind of pampering Kenneth had tried to provide. Shadows help any man who tried to treat her with sweetness and gentleness. She was not to be caged as evidenced by her love of missions. They were no sooner home before she was raring to go back out again.

"Well maybe you can teach me this thing called fun then? Unless you really aren't the one to have fun all the time."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Tesha would have protested on his views of her. She didn't think she was scary. Though reluctantly she would have had to admit that she didn't react well when people tried to treat her too gently. Why should they worry more about her than a man? Wasn't she just as capable as the men around her? They didn't need to water down things for her just because she was a girl. It all circled back to her insecurity about being good enough.

"Well I don't know, Kenneth. I'm not sure you're actually cool enough to be all that fun." She teased him. "You are a spaz, though. You know that?" Tesha giggled and skipped along a few paces, still feeling fairly good.

GoblinFae

"Oh thanks," he huffed, rolling his eyes as he sped up to keep up. "You're such a nice friend! Well tell me then oh great and mighty warrior, how does one become chilled? And for your information, I'm not a spaz!"

A stream of curses followed his statement as Kenneth accidentally stepped in fox hole and was growled at by an angry mother. He hopped from side to side trying to back away from the small creature as her pups exited the burrow and also yipped at him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Tesha was so mean, even she realized that. Still, she couldn't help it, the young woman wore it like armor to protect herself from something she couldn't even explain. Being too nice was taboo, she couldn't be sweet, gentle, loving, and caring. They'd say she was weak. At least she was pretty sure they would, and that paranoia was enough to keep her tongue and wit sharp and cutting. Even when it hurt her too.

"I know I am! That's why I'm your bestest friend in the whoooooooole world, right?" Heaven forbid they be serious. "And being chill is easy, it's called not freaking out over every little thing!" She said matter-o-factly.

Kenneth broke out in curses a moment later and Tesha looked back in time to realize what had happened. Laughter erupted from her as her friend tried to escape the angry fox momma and her terrifying babies.

Dizzy to the rescue, though! The mink had woken from all the commotion and he hissed angrily at the fox, who seemed to think a moment if it was worth fighting over, then decided it wasn't as she urged her babies away from the weasel, who was a predator and potentially dangerous to her kits.

GoblinFae

Kenneth let loose a mighty sigh of relief as the fox and her young departed thanks to the heroics of Tesha's mink. The Shadow Ranger raised a shaky hand to pat the soft-furred head, mumbling his thanks. "Thank you sweet, Dizzy. You did good."

He had never wished to harm the little creatures nor destroy their nest. His desire to always do the right thing and help others always left him in the most uncomfortable situations he found. There really was no pleasing a female as far as he could tell. Tesha had gotten mad, the Dark Mothers he often served sometimes threw things, even the little fox had been furious with him. It all caused his shoulders to slump in defeat.

"I guess I am a spaz with no cure. How horrible," he bemoaned tiredly, shuffling to follow Brennus once more.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

The shadow spirit accepted the praise and the pat with more purring before snuggling against Kenneth's neck again.

It was hard not to laugh at Kenneth's predicament with the mother fox, but his words caused the laughter to die in Tesha's throat as her bright eyes cut to him. There was little the young woman enjoyed more than picking on Shadow Ranger Kent, but not to cause him pain or distress.

"Hey now, don't talk like that. I know you're a bit overly dramatic, but that's just you being you, and I like you just fine the way you are. Everybody likes you, even if you are a spaz." Tesha was being as sincere as she'd ever been about anything else.

GoblinFae

He shrugged a shoulder, his sullen expression not even fading the tiniest bit. "What good is everyone liking me if I'm useless? You're the smart one, the strong one, the quick one. I'm just the idiot spaz Tesha. No one looks twice at me unless to laugh. We both know I'm only here because my aunt's favor with the Shadow Master. She can hide their relationship all she wants but we know it's true. He loves her, she feels indebted to me as her last tie to the old world," he growled sweeping his hand out in an arc around them, "so I'm allowed to stay despite all my failings. What's so special about that?"

His face darkened moments before he shoved it back down to face the ground and yanked his hood up to cover his face. "Just let it lie Tesha. Pointless to argue anyway."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Tesha almost couldn't believe the words coming out of Kenneth's mouth. Actually, no, she could believe them, and they made her furious. Her blue eyes might as well have been fire. He wanted to 'let it lie' did he? She could grant that wish! In a flash she had launched herself at him. In about two seconds flat she had her partner and friend on the flat of his back, her legs straddling his stomach as she pinned him to the ground with a hiss.

"You listen here you whiny, self-pitying moron. You are not useless. Your aunt's relationship with the Shadow Master has nothing to do with you being a Shadow Ranger. You are a Shadow Ranger because you earned it, just like the rest of us, the Shadow Master would not have let you do the Rites if you were not worthy. Saying he would let you slide by is an insult to him, and an insult to yourself, and I will not have it."

Her hands were gripping the front of his clothing, but she relaxed her grip and smoothed the material apologetically. Tesha sighed and the fire went out of her eyes, just looking down at him with frustration. Her tone dramatically improved as well as she reigned in her temper. "Please don't talk down about yourself Kenneth." She reached a hand up to give his hair a light tug. "It really upsets me when you do. I'm not so smart, strong, or quick. I act like I am, but honestly the way you fight, it takes my breath away. I could watch you in battle all day and never lose the feeling of awe. Maybe you're not the smoothest, coolest of us, but you are definitely worthy."

GoblinFae

One moment he was on his feet and sulking the next he was flat on his back and staring wide-eyed up at his partner. As she yelled at him, he laid there simply blinking up at her in shock. First she was screaming at him and then he was being told that he was breath-taking. If Kenneth was being honest with himself, he was not sure how to take the whole situation.

Scared she would start screaming again, he quickly nodded his head in understanding and swore to never insinuate that Alucard had made a mistake in allowing him to complete his Rites. Kenneth was even more concerned about Tesha's claiming he was awe-inspiring though. That did not sound like her at all. It took him a while to mull on that before he finally was able to come to a conclusion: Tesha wanted him to feel better therefore she paid him a twisted version of a compliment.

All that mattered to him though was that his friend had tried because she cared. That alone made him smile. "Thank you Tessie," he murmured, clapping a hand on her shoulder. "Means a lot to me to have you here for me no matter what. Thank you."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Tesha had been enraged a few moments before, now she just felt tired as she looked down at him, what could she do but accept his apology for insulting the Shadow Master? That wasn't what really bothered her as she carefully examined his eyes and face. Kenneth didn't believe her. She realized he thought she was just saying nice things about him to cheer him up. Honestly, she wasn't sure if that should piss her off or make her sad. He thought she was lying to him.

Sighing as he clapped her on the shoulder Tesha tried to accept his thanks rather than argue with him more, at least he was smiling now, and that was the important thing, she guessed. Lowering her hand from his hair, she let her fingers brush along his cheek for just a moment before lightly patting his cheek - trying to cover up the affectionate gesture with a more typical playful one - and getting to her feet, offering him a hand up. "You're my friend, Kenny, my best friend, of course I'll be here for you, through thick and thin, you just can't get rid of me."

Maybe he'd get mad again for her calling him Kenny, but he'd called her Tessie first. Besides, she grinned at him teasingly. "And I promise not to tell them that a girl kicked your ass."

GoblinFae

He was oblivious to her affections, seeing the touch and resulting pat on the cheek only as their usual playful antics and nothing more. Kenneth gladly took her hand, practically jumping back up to his feet. A small shake of his head and chuckle was the only reaction to being called his childish nickname. He certainly had earned that payback.

"Friends 'til the end," he stated confidently. "Oh well aren't you nice! Although to be honest I'm not exactly sure anyone would classify you as a girl."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Tesha couldn't stop her fist from balling up and swinging at him, but she did manage to check the force and aim of the punch, hitting him relatively moderately on the upper arm instead of really hard in his face. Silently she cursed her own temper. She couldn't really control it very well. Not having a good enough control over her emotions was probably one of her greatest weaknesses. Rage in battle could get you killed if you let it overwhelm you.

"And what, pray tell, would you classify me as?" Her blue eyes were flashing as she looked up at him with a dangerous sort of smile on her lips - one that Kenneth was no doubt familiar with. It was the smile that let him know that if he said something really dumb they were probably going to have a little tussle.

GoblinFae

He rubbed his arm with a scowl but smiled in the face of her displeasure. Normally Kenneth would have been incredibly concerned about her current expression, yet he felt confident this time that he had the most perfect response to her dangerous question. "Why a warrior of course," he voiced matter-of-factually without any hint of hesitation or concern.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Tesha had kind of expected a teasing answer to that question, but what she got absolutely floored her. All malice left her immediately as her eyes lit up, sapphires glittering with absolute glee. Her elegant face was split by the largest grin possible. Pleasure practically radiated from her. He'd certainly had reason for his confidence.

Flattery wasn't something that Tesha generally took to, at least not the kind that men normally offered women. She didn't care if a man complimented her appearance, that meant nothing to her, but for Kenneth to call her a warrior - that meant more than anything.

"Why, I think that's the smartest thing you've said all day!" She teased him.

GoblinFae

"Well as long as it's only all day and not anything longer than that. I would hate to think that I say stupid things most of the time instead of some of the time." He smiled broadly, finally able to relax now that he saw she also seemed happier. Just to confirm though he asked it anyway, "so...we're square now?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: