Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In the Darkness [Khainley]

Started by Codestar7, March 12, 2014, 09:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codestar7

He had been assigned a task. The people of Hyoite were being terrorised by some sort of shadow Wolf, probably something lurking in the shadows of Fell. That was where the wizard first looked. He entered the ruins of an ancient city, not knowing exactly where to look. He thought he heard something behind a pillar over there, then the sound came from behind him. He looked, but it was merely a rat.

He stalked through the darkness, unaware of the shapeshifter. He looked valiantly for the terror of the citizens of Hyoite. He heard not the sounds of a wolf, but only the sounds of the cold, damp wind. This place was melancholy, not a place you would want to be if you weren't out saving a bunch of villagers. Most would flee from lack of warmth, but The Lord of Snow was immune.

It was becoming dark, so he lit his North Star Staff, lighting up the surrounding area. More became clear. A huge cave loomed ahead. He scampered over to it, but found it was simply an overhang. So he sat for a moment, ready to think. Voldorf was ready to kill.

pryatama aphrodite

She was lurking in depths to which any and all species refuse to tred. In the form of her frequent rat, she took to a scamper. Underfoot from what visually appeared as human. She toyed with tossing sound from forefront, to behind before opting for observation.

The brown pelt shimmered, and as the spell faded, a glamour was applied to ensure the female went unseen. Soon, coming to grasps with noise level alteration, she padded, barefoot, to behind a crumpled pillar. A gaze drowned in amber, auttum flecks scanned the form as it took to mental inspiration. The reason remaining a mystery.

"I see you have the balls to come by," came the soft, amused coo. A silloette formulated to his right, moon at her back. Eyes adrift in the night's shadowy complex.

Codestar7

Voldorf turned, slightly shocked to hear another voice in this waste. All he saw was a sillhouette, a black figure amongst a circle of white. Voldorf showed a concerned look on his face, and turned up his light spell a notch. He clearly saw that the figure was a woman, judging on her womanly shape, curvy and small.
The spell was at it's limits for Voldorf's skill, yet he remained in his place. This woman could help him with the wolf.
"Who are you?" grumbled the wizard, holding out his staff.

pryatama aphrodite

A smirk molded the curvature of her lips. He had the staff, and the raspy, unwelcoming tone. In her opinion, all that was needed was a beard, thus recreating Gandolf.

"My name is of no importance to a spellcaster like yourself." Shadows cast over the moon, sheilding the presented curvature of her form."But I assume you are here because of the rouge moon child. Popular for destruction, like myself. In a sense."

Codestar7

((OOC, Gandalf not Gandolf. And Gandalf don't exist in this world

"What on Le'raana is a moon child? And is this what is terrorizing Hyoite?

((Don't reply yet, just changing classes

pryatama aphrodite

((OOC- the autocotrrect did that. Plus, I know -gandalf- doesnt exist here, she was merely inwardly commenting her opinion. She's the average smart ass. And plus plus, you're writing during class? =no worries, i do it to=))

The smile was uncharacteristically pityful. It amused her how little he knew of the downworlder system. "Allow me to voice it in different terms you may understand."

She folded her hands in front of her. "You... Look... For... Bad... Wolfie?"

Codestar7

"I look for a bad wolf. Yes. I am new to these ruins and I know not where to look." Voldorf shifted his position. "I use my magic for good, as I am The Lord of Snow. There is a shadow wolf that has been devouring Hyoite Townsfolk. You know of him? A moon.. Child?"
Voldorf looked at her expectingly, still not knowing what she looked like, thought the moon had risen a little higher.

pryatama aphrodite

In a mere blink, she was no longer her curvy human silloette.She was a wolf with a jet black pelt, and a scar running down its left ear. One eye blue, another, gold. It was then that she shifted to her actual femalian self with amber eyes aglow. "Yes. Raphael. Bitten when he was 17, only to go on the side of insanity since he had no pack keadership and guidance. I have been in waiting for his next attack to try talking sense into him."

Codestar7

Voldorf witnessed the woman shapeshift into a wolf, for just a moment thinking she was going to attack, but then she simply returned to her original form. Voldorf had never witnessed a shapeshift, and this was quick as a click of his fingers.

"That's him. I am here to put and end to him, in the name of the good of Le'raana."
Voldorf was beginning to see the woman's garb, shining in the moonlight which was nearly above her head. He levitated a little, rising above her. He saw her features. He saw her face, with its high cheekbones, soft cheeks, and such a beautiful nose. She also bore wonderful eyes.

Voldorf returned to the ground, and waited for her reaction.

pryatama aphrodite

"Amaria," she said, after his chaste study of her features, and attire. "My name is Amaria. Novelist, CEO of Connara industries, but whenI am among lands like Le'ranna, I am shinigami shapeshifter Pavatia. Call me what you wish." She took a lean against a pillar to absorb features she couldn't detect previously. "You are honorable. A spellcaster of the good men. I instantly offer my respects for your egfforts, but I have a different offer to bring forth, if you would kindly hear me out." She spoke softly, voice soothing and smooth like melted caramel.

Codestar7

Keltros eyed the once again silhouetted figure. He listened to what she had to say. "Amaria." He repeated the name to remember it. A shapeshifter. Damn. Voldorf wished he could to that, npbut unfortunately, it was not on his list of talents. "I will listen, though know this, I am not likely to accept if it involves anything too.. Risky. Or something my powers cannot do. Speak, Amaria."

pryatama aphrodite

Her clothes shifted like her form does. With a shimmer as the glamour fell from sight, the modern attire melted to reveal black on black gear. Stretchy for movement, and colorless for camouflage. The hilt of a dagger protruded from her left and right thighs. More adorned her form, strapped to her chest like crossed swords, on both sides of her ribcage, a staff of illuminated metal at her back, and two hidden blades tucked in her knee-high iron toed boots.

"Now. My proposition I hand to you is the way I plan to Handel the moon child. My wishes are to find him, and sedate the animal counterpart. Thus, rendering him human, and unable to change to a wolf until I print the mark of control upon his lower spine. Or, to translate, a series of swirls and intricate threads of ink curling about the skin, and seeping the the wherewolf's most sensitive spot. The mark will ensure his wolf is tuned with his mind. Although, should I find the human counterpart is also agreeing to this savage nature, I will dispose of him. To you, if you wish to eliminate the subject."

She used a rhythmic, musical, hypnotic tone as if to prove the plan a complete success in advance, and calm any doubts he might have enough for encouragement in asking questions.

Codestar7

"I think he should be put down either way. He has killed numerous people. Unless you can control him enough that he stops terrorising, I will kill him."

pryatama aphrodite

"Then you must not be that professional. Because a man and woman of peace should opt for numerous choices when it comes to dangerous situations," she continued. Tossing a glance to the wood. "And you, of all the people that stumbled here, has the brains to do such."

Codestar7

"Let us find this wolf. I may let you give a talking to him yet." Voldorf said, getting old and foregetting th first words of the conversation. "You may attempt this accursed ritual. But know that if it fails, and he is savage in not only beast but man, I will put an end to him." Voldor knew he was treating Amaria like a savage himself. But it was the only way he was going to sound professional. He glanced at her, and asked, "Do you know where we can find the moonchid?"

pryatama aphrodite

She more then understood his method of sounding professional. She, herself, owner of many, many areas regarding leadership, needed no practice... "An item from the moonchild must be found for me to engage a tracking device. It's the Calamorator, otherwise known as a project in the testing phase developed by yours truly, meant to sense the souls of those who carry half blood of the inhuman. The disease of lycanthropy is more than powerful enough to detect, especial on that of a packless rouge."

She stood then, slender form maneuvering through piles of rubble. "If you would kindly give me a minute..." her eyes stayed trained on a certain point. She slipped onto a rock overlooking a cliff-like area in the ruin before using the power of her legs to spring off, and triple flip, landing among the scattered remains of ancient concrete. She retrieve something that gleamed an enchanting gold, staring at it from the cascading rays of moonlight before enclosing the charm in her palm. The material making it up, a chilling cold.

Codestar7

@Unkempt and overused

Voldorf watched on with wonder as the woman whom he had just met performed amazing acrobatics, to retreive that goldem Calamorator. Things were going to get interesting. This wolf may or may not have a humanoid form, he was not sure. But Amaria seemed sure the moonchild was of werewolf origin, she had even named it's age and name when in was bitten. Therefore, for now, Voldorf knew he could trust her. For now.