Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Into the Hive (Salidia)

Started by Wicked Basket, April 30, 2014, 07:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

Lukas had encountered many strange things since his banishment. He has seen all kinds of creatures of various shapes and sizes, carnivorous plants, and pointless wars. People were barbaric, ignorant, unaccepting of things they don't understand. They fear the unknown, because they fear that the unknown may result in the loss of everything they hold dear. Lukas had lost everything he held dear in his banishment, and is now stuck walking amongst humans and their mortal toils. Since then, he has gotten into quite an interesting predicament himself.

At the moment, Lukas was stuck with an Akrid by the name of Sheilas. After having agreed to be her mate to avoid being killed by two individuals that she had turned on him, she was now taking him to her home, her hive. Lukas had no idea what to expect, but it probably involved a significant number of giant bugs. He had never had a problem with bugs before, but now he was stuck with one and, as if it couldn't get any worse, was going to have to have children with one. If he refused, he would probably be killed, which would completely dash any chances of ever returning home. This was his new life, and he would have to accept it.

"How much farther," Lukas asked Sheilas. "You've been saying we're almost there for the last half-hour."

Salidia

"Quit being so lazy we're almost there." Sheilias informed Lukas before sitting down under a tree. "Im tired can we rest Lukas?" She whined

Wicked Basket

Lukas sighed as she informed him that they were almost there for the umpteenth time that day. When she asked if they could rest he simply responded by plopping down next to a tree. They had been walking for quite awhile. Lukas was used to long walks, so it wasn't anything he wasn't used to. What he wasn't used to was being stuck with Sheilas even though he had been with her for about a week now. He was still debating on whether or not death would have been a better option.

Salidia

"Luukaas, I'm tired,can you set up the tent?" She asked.

Wicked Basket

Lukas sighed and begrudgingly got to work setting up the tent. He obeyed Sheilas not out of loyalty, but because she would keep whining until he did what she asked. It didn't take Lukas too long to set up the tent, and it was up in about five minutes.

"Anything else, your highness," Lukas asked sarcastically.

Salidia

"Would appreciate a bedtime story." She replied as she crawled into the tent.

Wicked Basket

"Once upon a time......the end," Lukas replied sitting on a nearby rock.

Salidia

"That was a horrible  story,  are you gonna be this rude when you meet my dad?"She  asked as she shifted portions in the tent.

Wicked Basket

"Maybe," Lukas replied. "What do you want from me? I don't know any stories."

Salidia

"Well then tell me why you're so grumpy all the time." She replied as she poked her head through the opening of the tent.

Wicked Basket

"If you lost everyone and everything you ever cared about all in one day without even getting to say goodbye, you'd get a bit grumpy too."

Salidia

Sheilas let out a low grumble and went back into her tent "You're no fun."

Wicked Basket

Lukas merely shrugged at her response.

"That's just how life works sometimes."

Salidia

"Lukas, why are you here?" Shelias asked as she stuck her head out of the tent again.

Wicked Basket

"It seemed preferable to getting killed by an imp or whatever it was," Lukas replied.

Salidia

"Good enough answer, so what are you gonna do once you become king?" She asked laying on her back.

Wicked Basket

That caught his attention.

"King? What do you mean king?"

King? He was going to be king? of bugs? That was not what he signed up for, but it seemed that it is now what he was stuck with. He couldn't be a king. He did have leadership experience, but even then he was following orders. He was used to following orders not giving them. There was no way he could be a king, especially to a completely different species.

Salidia

"Yeah your going to be a king, what about that is hard to understand?"

Wicked Basket

"How can I be king of a people and species that I know nothing about?"

Salidia

"How am I supposed to know, just ask my dad when we get there"

Tags: