Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Coulda swore it was around here somewhere... [Tally!]

Started by Rhindeer, November 01, 2012, 10:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Faolán smiled nervously. "Will ya get mad if I say yes?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tally

"I don't know."  Raven's mouth set in a wry sneer.  "Depends on your reason."

He shrugged.  "Depends if it's good enough."

If it was, then he might just take pity on the kid and let him off the hook.  If it wasn't, they'd find out if Raven really did have the power to steal souls.

Rhindeer

Faolán's eyes widened, and he pressed his lips together until they whitened. What a mess. Something that sounded great to him might not be good enough for this crazy mage! His eyes went to the sword, then back to the man, and he swallowed hard.

"Um...what if I say it's not a problem?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tally

Raven opened his mouth, but snapped it shut again.  He, uh...didn't have an answer to that.

"Ummm..."  He stared upward and scratched his head with his free hand.  "I suppose...that's better, then?  But that's not what you said before!  Is it or isn't it?!"

Rhindeer

"I-it's not a problem!" Faolán said quickly, grinning a bit too broadly. "Not a problem at all! I'm fine with magic! And mages! Very comfortable with all that!"

Tally

"Fine!  Blessed Kia, it's about time!  Now."  Raven let the sword point drop.  At last they could get back to what was important!  "Will you finally tell me what you were looking at from up in that tree?  I never saw it!"

Rhindeer

Faolán let his breath out in a slow whoosh, some of the tension fading now that he no longer had that magical weapon leveled at him. He didn't relax; he wasn't out of danger yet.

"Um, it was...a bird..." he said. "A really rare one. But it, uh, flew away. So it's too late now! Sorry."

Tally

Raven rather doubted that.  Still, he was partial to birds, being named after one and all, and that in turn made him partial to this guy in front of him.

"What are you, some manner of falconer?"

Rhindeer

"Wha? Oh, uh, no. Just, uh...I really like birds?" Faolán said with a weak smile.

Tally

Raven's face broke into a smile.  "Birds are remarkable!"

He pressed a hand to his chest.  "My brothers and I are named after birds.  My name is Raven!  What bird is it you were looking for?"

Rhindeer

Shit! Shit, shit, shit! Faolán didn't actually like birds! No more than anyone else, that is. They were just...birds. They flew. Some were really pretty! But he didn't know anything about them beyond that, and he could count on one hand the names of birds he actually knew.

So, mentally flailing, he latched onto the first name he could think of.

"Actually, it was a raven!" he said. Oh God. Hopefully that wasn't too obvious! "It...had something in its beak."