Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Great Escape!

Started by Cambie, June 16, 2014, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Kella looked up at him with a frown. She wasn't buying it.
"We can... get you a new one... can't we?" she asked softly.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Aryn nodded again. "Yes."

Of course, the how was a bit more difficult to answer, considering they were in the middle of nowhere, and hadn't any money on them. He knew one thing though, he felt half a man without it.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, trying to deflect the attention off himself. Not was it a superficial question; there was a genuine twinkle of concern in his eye as he noticed the blood staining her stolen armor.

visualspice

At the question, she released a sigh and told him through a weak, tired and almost pained laugh, "Like I just fell off a cliff."
She shook her head before adding, "But you know what...?" And she moved to sit nearer to him, her smile growing. "I think that we shall both only come out stronger for it. It is not like every day you can tell someone you fell from such a high place and lived."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

"If it's all the same to you, Kella," he said with a small grin, patting the spot beside him, "I'd like to not fall off anymore cliffs."

visualspice

Her smile grew crooked as she looked up into his eyes, and moved in even closer to him, still being careful they did not touch- but she decided she liked winter. With all of their layers on....
It made things less awkward and more safe. And she truly enjoyed nestling in beside him.

Yes... it was worth the risk just for this- even if in the morning, perhaps they ought to die. But their survival was in Angsar's hands, but for now...
Her gloved hand found his. She gave it a squeeze.

For now, their fates were with each other.

Cambie

"I knew I'd find you again," was the last thing he said that night.

The wind and snow picked up in the night, howling just outside their little makeshift shelter. The fire did not waver though. It stayed strong and vigilant throughout the night, only dying out moments before the first signs of light pierced the darkness.

Aryn awoke with a shiver and a pounding headache, and did not recognize his surroundings for a moment. It took a few seconds for him to come to his senses, feel the soft breathing of the figure nestled against his side. He went to move his arm forward and found that half of it wasn't there.

That really woke him up back to reality. Blinking twice, he peered over to the mouth of their little cave. Apparently it'd snowed heavily during the night: at at least a foot of the stuff piled up at the entrance.

visualspice

Kella smiled warmly at that and nestled in even closer. Though she said something in return, she did not repeat it for she knew he was already asleep. And though it took her longer to do so, she was soon sleeping and awake around the same time he did. It was disorienting, that was for sure, but to see the fresh snow outside their little hide away made her smile.
"When I was little, I loved waking up in the morning to the fresh fallen snow." And it seemed the snow itself had let up. Only delicate flakes that fell from trees made their way to the ground.

Cambie

"It gets in my beard," Aryn complained half-heartedly before climbing to his feet. His head still spun, but at least the blood had caked and dried enough for him to scratch at the side of his temple to get rid of it.

He trudged to the cave entrance and glanced out. Everything was completely white: the sky, the landscape, the ground. It was almost blinding. "Well, shall we head out into this wonderland?"

visualspice

Kella smiled and quietly rose behind him. She felt stiff- for she had remained in the armor for the night, but she supposed it was that, plus her companion, that kept her warm through the night Everything hurt wen she went to move, and she found herself limping slightly as she stepped beside him.

"I think you look dashing wtih snow in your beard," she told him with a small smile.

Cambie

Aryn shot her a small grin. "I don't hear that often, y'know. So... thanks, you're very sweet."

The snow seemed to have stopped for now, and the wind had died down. The landscape was serene and untouched, which meant nobody had come this far yet in search of them.

"I don't know which way we're going, but any way is better than here." Taking up her gloved hand, he squinted his eyes and stepped out into the light.

visualspice

Kella flinched too, as she stepped out into the light. Her armor reflected like a mirror, making it even more difficult to see and she found herself releasing a breathy laugh.
"I can't see... the sun on the snow.. it's so bright!"

Cambie

Aryn took one look at her and let out a loud cry, squinting. The light from the sun reflected directly off her armor and into his eyes!

"You're so bright," he complained as they trudged through the snow, leaving fresh tracks. "I might as well look directly into the sun."

visualspice

She was shielding her own eyes as well and gave him a playful nudge.
"Stop it! I can't help it!" Her smile grew sheepish. "But even if it blinds us... at least it keeps us safe." And she squeezed his hand with her armored one, and felt a warm fluttering within her chest.

Cambie

"Aye, that it does," he said in agreement, finally chancing a peek up into the sky. At least the sun was out -- it gave them a bearing. Pressing his stump of a right arm tight against his body, he returned the squeeze and led her across the snowy field and toward the trees.

"I'm just taking us north and east," he explained to her with a slight shrug. "I don't know where it leads though."

visualspice

"North? East?" She gasped and stopped suddenly. "But that would have us trekking through the Kilanthros..." And those mountains,s he knew, were deadly. And with this winter...
she wasn't sure she wanted to risk it- even if she felt no soldier would, either.

Cambie

Aryn was only aware she stopped when he hand pulled his back. He turned.

"Is that bad?" he asked, though the look on her face basically told him it was. "Should be try another way?"

visualspice

She bit her lip, uncertainty shining in her eyes.
"I... I don't know." She dropped her gaze. "No where is safe."

Cambie

Aryn shook his head resolutely. "Fuck that. I'm making it my job to find us a safe place. And if northeast doesn't do it... we'll go south."

He gave her arm a gentle tug and started off in a new direction. Surely there would be a village somewhere nearby. And who would dare harm an armored knight? Especially a White Lily?

visualspice

Kella stumbled along after him. She still wasn't used to walking in this armor, and her body was still sore from the fall. But she knew they had to keep moving. This road would be the most difficult, and the most long. But to hear the determination in his voice gave her enough strength to move onward. They'd survive this. They had to. If the fall did not kill them, surely this road could not either.

Cambie

It was hard to tell how long they trudged through the snow in silence, but by the time Aryn finally stopped for a moment, the sun (or what little of it peeked out from behind grey clouds) was in the opposite end of the sky. It must've been late afternoon.

"Kella, I don't actually know where I'm going, or if anything is even in this direction," he admitted, giving her an apologetic look. But that look quickly transitioned into a wide-eyed one as he peered over her head and off toward the treeline.

"Look, a path! That means people come through this way."