Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Great Escape!

Started by Cambie, June 16, 2014, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Kella shuffled around in the armor to get a feel for it, but each clunky sound it made had her wincing.
"This is so heavy. I'm afraid I won't get too far in this if we'd have to run," she admitted, and bit her lip as she too, peered down to Lillian's form. It was then tears welled up in her eyes as she found herself whispering, "By God, Aryn, you have no idea how good it is to see you. This feels so strange, so surreal... like a dream." Considering she'd never considered in all of her life that she'd be hauling the unconscious form of Lillian Coleridge into her cell! But there she was, clumsily helping Aryn,a nd trying ot be careful not to touch her. Though the armor did cover much of her skin- she was very thankful of that.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

"If this is a dream, then I hope we never wake up," the Ironhand grunted slightly, with a crooked smile to Kella. He could hardly believe it himself. Three years.

It felt strange to be lifting the unconscious and barely clothed knight off of the ground, but Aryn did so anyway. With rushed carelessness, he practically dumped Lillian onto the bed. Looking down at her now, he frowned slightly.

"Why would they have her guarding you? Shouldn't they have some gigantic brute, someone who could really hurt an intruder, y'know? Not a little delicate flower."

visualspice

Kella felt her cheeks heat and her heart flutter.
But after they managed to get Lilly into the cell, she apologized in a whisper to the woman before peering up at Aryn.

"We are both of nobility. They thought it was only fitting, and she- an adhara. They wanted as much anti-magic protection as they could get." Frowning even more, she then added, with some thought, "Perhaps they thought this tower was enough to keep heroes and men, out."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Aryn blinked. He knew (sort of) what adhara were supposed to do. "She's no adhara. I still felt your touch. If she was adhara, wouldn't it take your magic away?"
Or at least that's what he thought...

visualspice

"Well... it's.. something like that," Kella went on. "The mordecai should be able to do that too, but it seems such powers really never affected me." Then again, she had never been physically touched by one, but the soldiers and knights weren't taking any chances.
"It was why... why harboring such a power was kept secret. It.... it's a fluke really, a curse. Whatever it is that I and my twin brother have.... It's worse than magic."

Cambie

"So, if you touched her, nothing would happen?"

Perhaps it was the wrong thing to suggest at the time, given the need for them to escape and all. But he was curious. "You should touch her. See what happens."

visualspice

Kella blinked and then flinched back in fear at such a suggestion.
"A-aryn.. I, I couldn't!" And she stole a shameful look towards Lilly. "She's been so kind to me here.... I.. I wouldn't want to hurt her any more."

Cambie

"Would you hurt her though?"

It was a serious question, though it occurred to Aryn that Kella had already lived a lifetime of fear. He knew firsthand the ramifications of feeling the touch of her skin. Perhaps it was the wrong thing to suggest.

"Look, I was just kidding," he said, biting his lip. "I just thought, y'know... maybe if you two made contact it would take your problem away. I know, it was a stupid thing to suggest."

He felt as if he was digging a deeper hole for himself, so instead he glanced to the door. "Or I guess we can just get out of here and figure it out later."

visualspice

Kella felt a fluttering in her pounding heart before she peered over at Lilly's strewn form. It was only then that she realized there might be some form of hope to repress her powers by just one little touch....
But even as she was tempted to oblige their curiosity, a knock came to the door.

"Duke Harmond? May we come in? We have brought refreshments for you and your sister."

Kella held her breath and turned wide eyed to Aryn. Oh no! What should they do?

Cambie

Aryn also nearly choked on his own words. He met Kella's frightened gaze with his own unsure one before looking over to the door. At least now they knew the guards were waiting outside for them.

"Leave it!" he shouted, perhaps louder than he should have. "Kella's asleep, and I'm trying to talk to her guard!"

It occurred to him then that he didn't know the Knight's name. He shot Kella an awkward grin before glancing to the unconscious Lillian. Was he supposed to know who she was?

visualspice

There was a moment of silence before the man behind the door spoke again.
"Very well, it is also our duty to inform you that once the General has been notified of your presence, he will be here to see you. He shouldn't be long. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to answer any questions, should you have any, my duke."

Cambie

"Shit," Aryn muttered to himself, though likely he muttered it loud enough for Kella to hear.

Looking at her, he said "Does this general know who your brother is? If not, we might still be able to make it."

If so, we're fucked, he thought.

visualspice

Kella opened her mouth, then closed her lips and gave a defeated nod.
"Yes.. yes he does."

Cambie

"Of course he would," Aryn complained as he stepped away from Lillian and toward the open door of the cell. "Why would I even THINK that I was lucky?"

He was dying to see the effects of Kella touch the adhara, but there were more pressing matters. Quickly, he retrieved Lillian's dropped sword. Just one more thing they were stealing from her.

"Let's go now. If he shows up in the hallway, at least I can fight him there, maybe give you time to slip away."

visualspice

Kella's heart fluttered with fear, and in an instant,s he got an idea and turned to Aryn.
"What if you requested to meet with the General? Lead the guards back down and I could sneak out just after you? Although... I'm not sure how we could lose the guards." She bit her lip. This was crazy, all of it was crazy, and she had no idea how they'd even make it out of here alive.

Cambie

Aryn instantly knew that was a better idea than anything they were doing. He also knew that it significantly diminished his chance of getting out of this place alive. But his choice had been made the moment he went through with this plan. Besides, all things considered he'd led a full life.

"You stay here, pretend like you're a... Knight of whatever. Act like her. I'll go draw them away."

With that, he walked over to the chamber door, banged on it a couple times, and shouted, "Tell the General I'm coming down to meet him. Have him in the courtyard in five minutes!"

visualspice

Kella's heart was in her throat as she heard the guards behind the door oblige. She peered up at Aryn, fear in her eyes as she took his hand into her now gloved one and squeezed it as she leaned in close.
"I love you, Aryn,"s he found herself whispering as tears threatened to spill down her face. "We'll find a way to get out of here."
But even as she said it, she could see herself being cut down as they tried to run.
What were they doing? They were both going to die.

Cambie

Aryn felt a pain in his chest at the sight of her, and the thought that this might be the end. Drawing her near, he pressed a rough kiss down atop her head and held her close, muttering, "I want to be hearing that again once we get out of this mess, y'hear? Don't give up hope yet. Don't you dare."

He clutched her tightly to his chest for one long moment before finally looking down at her and grunting out a pained, "I love you."

And with that, the door was thrown open and he was out the door. "YOU," he said in an irritated voice. "Show me to the General."

visualspice

As he held her tight, she clung back, finding hot tears rolling down her cheeks.
"Aryn..."
And then he confessed his feelings and she felt her heart flutter. She gave a nod and turned to where he approached the door, then once he was outside of it, only then did she expel a breath.

Outside the men began to lead Aryn down the long stone staircase that spiraled up through the tower's middle. At the bottom, things were growing pretty active, and it seemed more guards were on duty. And it was after she waited for twenty minutes or so did she allow the door to creak out- and upon seeing no one outside in the stairwell, she turned back to peer into the room and over at Lilly's strewn form. There was a lump sealed inside her throat as she whispered back to her form, "I'm sorry." Before making her way down the steps."

Cambie

Aryn dared not turn around and look at Kella, despite the fact that he possibly may have seen her for the last time. He had a role to play though, and he played it perfectly as he glowered at the guards escorting him down the spiral staircase. None of them actually noticed that the 'Duke' had acquired a new sword at his side, one that looked suspiciously like the sort to have been forged in a castle armory and commissioned for a highborn girl.

Reaching the ground level, the guards quickly ushered him forward and out the tower entrance into the courtyard. The fort itself stretched for some distance, and so it took more than a few minutes for them to cross the expansive yard to where an older man stood, back to him, with a small retinue in tow.

"General, I present Duke Blaith Harmond of Turgall," one of Aryn's watchful guards announced.